Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

The dropbox links for some of flintsmith's stuff do not work.

I'm also wondering if you'd be interested in expanding the rares category with non-binkbag non-mask parts. I and DV own mata green tahu nuva swords, Brickthing has some number of green lewa nuva swords, lots of people have green nuva chests, black hordika necks, and a whooole slew of other interesting recolored parts. I could go on for a while.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

The dropbox links for some of flintsmith's stuff do not work.

I'm also wondering if you'd be interested in expanding the rares category with non-binkbag non-mask parts. I and DV own mata green tahu nuva swords, Brickthing has some number of green lewa nuva swords, lots of people have green nuva chests, black hordika necks, and a whooole slew of other interesting recolored parts. I could go on for a while.

To add to this, I have a black Toa Nuva leg.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Those dropbox links are really inconsistent. Sometimes they work just fine, other times not. I'm not really sure what the problem is or if there's a solution.

As for the prototype non-collectibles, I may include them in the future. But like you say Steve, there are a lot of them, and documenting them would take a while. So I'll leave them out for the time being, but I might add them later.

-L

I was checking for a price or info on it but didn't see anything so I'll bring up the Villain Pack gold skull mask that was released in Russia. Still waiting for that to come out everywhere (don't want to spend 17-20 dollars on something likely to be free.)

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Someone on Bricklink is selling a trans-yellow KauKau for 300 US. They claim that it is the "last one in the world"

There is also someone selling a trans yellow kaukau on ebay.

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I was checking for a price or info on it but didn't see anything so I'll bring up the Villain Pack gold skull mask that was released in Russia. Still waiting for that to come out everywhere (don't want to spend 17-20 dollars on something likely to be free.)

It seems really unlikely that it would be a Russian exclusive. I have a feeling it will be in Lego stores around Fall like the Trans-Hau came out in the Spring.

There've been reports of people actually getting them from countries like Germany and such.

biscuits.jpg

It seems really unlikely that it would be a Russian exclusive. I have a feeling it will be in Lego stores around Fall like the Trans-Hau came out in the Spring.

There've been reports of people actually getting them from countries like Germany and such.

Whaaa? Do you know what stores people are getting them from?

Hail Denmark

I have a transparent hau from NYCC and a transparent skull scorpio SDCC both in their respective package and I haven't take them out because all the "i'm a collector and should be in their original package" stuff, but from what I see, both packages and be easily re-sealed with the masks inside... so... do the price drop if I take them out of the package and then put them inside again?

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

I have a transparent hau from NYCC and a transparent skull scorpio SDCC both in their respective package and I haven't take them out because all the "i'm a collector and should be in their original package" stuff, but from what I see, both packages and be easily re-sealed with the masks inside... so... do the price drop if I take them out of the package and then put them inside again?

I doubt the price would drop since you can't even tell that it's been opened.

• Upvote 3

Hail Denmark

• 1 month later...

Shouldn't the Dark Blue Ruru be here?

I don't think so. The set it came in wasn't available everywhere, but it's not exactly rare.

-Letagi

My point is that there is only two for sale on Bricklink, and It costs about 20-30 bucks. :P

Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

The Dark Blue GREAT Ruru is uncommon, it's not rare... I'm pretty sure I have several of these but I didn't know it commanded any kind of reasonable price. I've sold at least two in recent months and not asked a fraction of what those other guys are asking. So no, I don't think it belongs here. And if anyone wants to give me $20 for one, consider it sold ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

^Good price on that Karzahni. Grabbed mine around the same time for like...$60 (complete with box though, so that screws with the price a lot).

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

How would you tell if a sold gold 14k Hau was a copy ?  Are their ones without holes in the sides for a chain?

To my knowledge they all had holes, so if you see one without holes, it's a fake. Another way is if the colour of the metal is clearly off; there are a lot of good photos of genuine ones to compare with. As for other methods of identifying fakes, Flintsmith might have some more insight on the subject; I'm not an expert when it comes to metals.

-Letagi

Wow, I got Karzhani a month back in an eBay lot with lots of other sets for like $20, however, it was only missing the just-as-expensive cape part! Regardless, it's quite a surprise that this is expensive and rare..

Didn't that cape also come with the Vezon sets?

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Wow, I got Karzhani a month back in an eBay lot with lots of other sets for like $20, however, it was only missing the just-as-expensive cape part! Regardless, it's quite a surprise that this is expensive and rare..

Didn't that cape also come with the Vezon sets?

Yup, according to BrickLink it's the exact same piece.

Oddly enough, there's only one for sale and it's listed at $20. I was under the impression it was a pretty common piece.

-L

If you are talking about a noble Mahiki then no. That should be from the 2001 Mask pack as the noble masks were printed in the Turaga colors (Orange being Vakama's) and the great masks being in the Toa colors. I'm under the impression the orange Mahiki is rather common as Legoland California gave away a bunch with purchases in the gift stores in February of '03 (or was it '04?). I also got a few trans-green Mirus that way as well :D

Here is a link to bricklink if you wanna see the price guide for an orange noble mahiki http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=32575&colorID=4

Edited by RattRocker

Hail Hydra. Hail Denmark.

I remember seeing those in the Lego catalogs eons ago but never in person. They came out in 2003 which is the year after the Toa Nuva so they could have been re-purposed Bionicle prototypes but I've never seen anything said about that. The blue one shown appears to be featured in sets #3545 and #3542.

Hail Hydra. Hail Denmark.

I have found what I do believe to be a Toa Mata Prototype and am waiting for a answers from expects, if it is I am going to buy it and then post about it.

Its not an Mask.    

I am hoping to trade it for Pearl Gold Bionicle Mask Kraahkan, because some seller on brick-link made a fake listing to show people the different between pearl gold and flat gold now people are thinking that they are setting on $800 masks. At most the mask should be $30 to $50.

Edited by tourmalinex

I have found what I do believe to be a Toa Mata Prototype and am waiting for a answers from expects, if it is I am going to buy it and then post about it.

Its not an Mask.    

I am hoping to trade it for Pearl Gold Bionicle Mask Kraahkan, because some seller on brick-link made a fake listing to show people the different between pearl gold and flat gold now people are thinking that they are setting on $800 masks. At most the mask should be $30 to $50.

That seller is me, and it's not a fake listing. It's supposed to do just that: show people the difference between the colours, because bricklink is the most common parts reference tool. I had difficulty in acquiring one and even bought a flat dark gold one advertised as pearl gold.

A fellow BZPower member held an auction for the pearl gold variant and it sold for $67. So not sure who thinks it's an $800 mask, especially considering my listing says "this item is not actually for sale"...

Its not an Mask.    

That seller is me, and it's not a fake listing. It's supposed to do just that: show people the difference between the colours, because bricklink is the most common parts reference tool. I had difficulty in acquiring one and even bought a flat dark gold one advertised as pearl gold.

A fellow BZPower member held an auction for the pearl gold variant and it sold for $67. So not sure who thinks it's an $800 mask, especially considering my listing says "this item is not actually for sale"...

That’s kind of funny, I was in a used brick store called "bricks and minfiggs" and people who had the mask think that due to the brink link price they have $300 - $800 mask. The others places I tried to buy the mask also based the pricing off your listing and want $350 for the mask.

Edited by tourmalinex

Its not an Mask.    

That’s kind of funny, I was in a used brick store called "bricks and minfiggs" and people who had the mask think that due to the brink link price they have $300 - $800 mask. The others places I tried to buy the mask also based the pricing off your listing and want $350 for the mask.

Then you would need to show them the description of the listing where I say it's not actually for sale, as well as the price guide. Regardless of what other people have the mask listed, it's only worth what people will pay. People will not pay $800 for it. People will not pay $350 for it. Therefore, those sellers will figure that out sooner or later, and if they want to sell the mask, they will sell it for a more reasonable $70 like in the recent auction.

Regarding your picture of the torso piece you think is a prototype, it's from the Lego sports series of technic hockey figures and you shouldn't overpay for that. I have some in my collection, here's a picture of the torsos and some other various parts that came with those sets: http://imgur.com/TNzzt6n

• 5 weeks later...

There are a few pearl gold Avohkii, but I think that listing is the normal flat gold version. That wear around the edges is very common in flat gold pieces, not so much in pearl gold ones. The marble pattern in the corners of the chin is also not so strong in pearl gold.

IetTsFQ.png

Its not an Mask.    

Wouldn't mind an update on that. I have a pearl gold Kraahkan and may be willing to trade it depending on what you've got. Is the mask present in the set?

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-
  • Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif