Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

I just got email notifications from bricklink 10 hours ago from a store selling the original white huna, and one of the yellow rurus, for $2,500 and $3,500 respectively. As of writing this the store that I got the notifications from is empty.

Not sure what's more likely, that it was a fraud, or somebody's already bought them. Perhaps some goof bought them on bricklink with no actual intention of paying so they're no longer in the store?

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

How much would say a foam Tahu Mata flame sword be?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?G=4237161#T=S&O={}

There has never been one sold on Bricklink. I have a friend who has one. Kinda wondering about the price. 

Should I be asking somewhere else? :P

Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

I just got email notifications from bricklink 10 hours ago from a store selling the original white huna, and one of the yellow rurus, for $2,500 and $3,500 respectively. As of writing this the store that I got the notifications from is empty.

Not sure what's more likely, that it was a fraud, or somebody's already bought them. Perhaps some goof bought them on bricklink with no actual intention of paying so they're no longer in the store?

That was apparently user Fifi2004 : qoute 'No, that was me playing too much with Bricklink. I am not selling them.' 

the qoute is from this topic in the comments 

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/22904-sskk-wmkk-vmkk-trk-tok-prototypes-all-2001-to-2010-sealed-sets/

Looking for rare Bionicle Promo Materials!

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides
  • Promo posters/leaflets etc
  • Anything Unique or one of a kind!

Please message if you have anything of interest

Also has a white Huna and yellow Ruru apparently.

I assume that's fifi playing around with BrickLink again. He said a few days ago in his topic that he's not selling the yellow Ruru or white Huna and I doubt he's selling those other items for $0.01.

-L

That's bundled offers for the time being, reason why some prices are down to $0.01 as they are part of a lot. The first bundle is for the Yellow Ruru and the White Huna, the second one is for the 6 Toa 2001 prototype masks. Having received a similar offer made me change my mind, but it will remain bundled for some weeks.

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, how much do trans-yellow Kaukau typically range in price?

That's pretty neat as a collectible. Edited by Katanga

Just out of curiosity, how much do trans-yellow Kaukau typically range in price?

I've seen them hover around $75 but they are valued at less, that's actually what I was looking for on ebay when I stumbled upon the mismolded kaukau nuva instead, right place, right time!

• Upvote 1

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I've seen them hover around $75 but they are valued at less, that's actually what I was looking for on ebay when I stumbled upon the mismolded kaukau nuva instead, right place, right time!

Definitely a lucky find if you weren't even looking for it. Haha.

I was hoping to acquire the yellow Kaukau for a unique Tohunga, but at that price it's just not going to happen. What are some of the cheaper masks? I don't think the original Mata masks in a dark gold-ish color run for much. I might actually get one for my Pohatu.

I was hoping to acquire the yellow Kaukau for a unique Tohunga, but at that price it's just not going to happen. What are some of the cheaper masks? I don't think the original Mata masks in a dark gold-ish color run for much. I might actually get one for my Pohatu.

Gold kanohi aren't terribly expensive, usually a dollar each, and if you'd like to make a unique tohunga I found that the yellow komau from the manas set is a nice fit for a fire matoran, I also have a misprint green ruru and misprint brown matatu for my own tohunga as well and am happy witht then, but I'm a sucker for rurus anyway, they are my favorite and technically the most abundant mask with 15 different colors produced!

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Gold kanohi aren't terribly expensive, usually a dollar each, and if you'd like to make a unique tohunga I found that the yellow komau from the manas set is a nice fit for a fire matoran, I also have a misprint green ruru and misprint brown matatu for my own tohunga as well and am happy witht then, but I'm a sucker for rurus anyway, they are my favorite and technically the most abundant mask with 15 different colors produced!
Once I figure out PayPal, I'll likely set up a thread detailing all of the items I'm looking for. Or maybe make a signature similar to Shattered Slumber's. Definitely want to grab a golden Kakama and perhaps all of the brown Toa Mata masks. Still wouldn't mind owning a misprint mask though. Do brown Rurus run for much? Edited by Katanga

Once I figure out PayPal, I'll likely set up a thread detailing all of the items I'm looking for. Or maybe make a signature similar to Shattered Slumber's. Definitely want to grab a golden Kakama and perhaps all of the brown Toa Mata masks. Still wouldn't mind owning a misprint mask though. Do brown Rurus run for much?

Typically brown is the cheapest of the misprints (nobody want's to love brown :'( but I would say between $6-10 is a decent buy, I've seen them as low as 3, but also as high as 20, so just check up on that one, and get it while it's cheap, I believe I bought that brown matatu for about $6

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Once I figure out PayPal, I'll likely set up a thread detailing all of the items I'm looking for. Or maybe make a signature similar to Shattered Slumber's. Definitely want to grab a golden Kakama and perhaps all of the brown Toa Mata masks. Still wouldn't mind owning a misprint mask though. Do brown Rurus run for much?

Typically brown is the cheapest of the misprints (nobody want's to love brown :'( but I would say between $6-10 is a decent buy, I've seen them as low as 3, but also as high as 20, so just check up on that one, and get it while it's cheap, I believe I bought that brown matatu for about $6
Lucky for me because I love brown. :P Thank you for your help by the way!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone in the same state as me has an inside tour transparent Gali mask. They are displayed at a non-brand lego store nearby. I don't know if they are on any online community. I didn't know there was really any other huge Bionicle fans around here.

Are You in California? Because I have one

No, I'm in Idaho. She also has both the other exclusive transparent masks there. Can't remember her name.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I found something rare/new!

COPPER HUNA (UK) : the US version becomes translucent whereas the UK version remains opaque. This mask was available at LEGOLAND Billund and LEGOLAND Windsor alongside the copper Komau, as well as through a Nestlé promotion in Germany and possibly other countries.

So I recently found out that my sealed german Nestle copper huna is translucent and not opaque as being told on this forum! :P 

Edited by caszutphen

• 3 months later...

Heyo! Thought I'd contribute this as a few more things Flintsmith has made.

A shiny purple Hau: http://i.imgur.com/Mb5bvH3.jpg

Custom Metal Rahkshi Spine: (solo) http://i.imgur.com/9AEHh9w.jpg (used) http://i.imgur.com/Fz0DHIZ.jpg

Metru Red Huna (clipped for movie style) ((Please note this is not the prototype version, with a legitimate metru red piece beside it)): http://i.imgur.com/hh4ElYf.jpg

Hope this can be used!

Credit to Toa TiliusforTahuand the protodermis pool!
Thanks to Krazy Matev for Rocky!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I picked up a custom chrome Matatu recently, and am having a chrome Rau (not the Rua/Hau) shipped too, still hoping to find someone willing to part with a metru blue Matatu for my project, and am enjoying my mismolded Kaukau nuva!

Front: http://www.brickshel...ront_kaukau.jpg

Rear: http://www.brickshel...rear_kaukau.jpg

Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked up a custom chrome Matatu recently, and am having a chrome Rau (not the Rua/Hau) shipped too, still hoping to find someone willing to part with a metru blue Matatu for my project, and am enjoying my mismolded Kaukau nuva!

Front: http://www.brickshel...ront_kaukau.jpg

Rear: http://www.brickshel...rear_kaukau.jpg

dead links m8

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Sharing because I already have them:

Trans-Light-Blue Kaukau Misprint/Prototype: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Lego-BIONICLE-MISPRINT-Kanohi-Mask-Trans-Light-Blue-Kaukau-/222474392270?hash=item33cc81d2ce:g:cPAAAOSwZQRYWw22

Pearl Gold Kraakhan: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicle-PEARL-GOLD-KRAAHKAN-Mask-4-hole-Chin-44815b-Very-Rare-/192157600140?hash=item2cbd7c498c:g:d48AAOSw~CFY78LP

EDIT: Oops. Moderator, please move this to the auctions topic. thanks!

Edited by InkAlchemist1994
gallery_114868_370_4342.png

• 3 months later...

MAGICBRICKS on Bricklink are selling prototype Nuva chest armour pieces if anyone is interested!

Update: They have all sold out, but luckily I've bought one so I can share the pictures

Update 2:

It has arrived :) here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/PTj7K

Plus MAGICBRICKS has them back in stock, only 4 remaining!

Edited by CommanderKumo
  • Upvote 1

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm a former Proto Squad member and came across my VMKK while cleaning my room. I have it listed on eBay, figured this would be a good way to give a heads-up to anyone interested. As I mentioned in the posting, it's got a little of the vacuum metal worn off on the back corners, but overall looks really nice. Here's the link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/263137701897?

• Upvote 1

Some time ago I discovered that some of my Light Blue Kaukaus have convex bubbles on cheeks and some have not. On masks without those bubbles, circles are visible only on back. Front of masks are totally smooth and circles are almost non-visible. On masks with those bubbles, circles are very convex and very visible on front of the masks. Here are photos comparing those two kinds of masks:

http://imgur.com/a/FLd0L

I gone through many photos in the Internet and it seems that those bubbles exist only in Light Blue versions of Kaukau. Also it seems that chances to get Light Blue with or without those bubbles are simillar since I found photos of both versions easily.

Shouldn't Trans Light Blue Kaukaus with those bubbles be considered as mismoulds?

Edited by Mask Hunter Lewa

Shouldn't Trans Light Blue Kaukaus with those bubbles be considered as mismoulds?

Neat observation!  I also have both types in equal numbers. 

Those marks on the back are where the plastic was injected.  Molds have multiple parts, of course.  There's the front and the back to give the shape of the mask.   The front and back are pressed together and molten plastic is squeezed in through holes.  A third piece is pressed into place to close those holes.  Other pieces can be used to produce undercuts if the design requires, but three is the minimum for LEGO like pieces.

If they were rare it could be mis-moulding when the third piece wasn't correctly inserted.  Being common, it's likely they were using multiple molds.  You should look to see if one matches features found in prototype masks.  LEGO could have re-used prototype mold parts for their early production runs.

I bet what you've discovered here is that there are "prototype-style" and "production-style" masks.  

There's another difference.  The bubbled masks have a mark on the left cheek plate.  It looks like a dent in the end pushed the plastic out to the side a little.  That one's  mystery to me as it looks like they were put there in the soft plastic.  Maybe there was an ejection mold-piece to get the mask out of the mold and the timing or temperatures were wrong so it happened too soon or the masks were sticking in the mold and had to be shoved.  The sort of thing that gets fixed in production runs.

How cool to have discovered something new about the first Most-Desired kanohi after 16 years.

Yep!  Look here. They're in the dark blue prototypes.kaukau.jpg

Edited by Flintsmith
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I found something out today. There are two different colors for Thoks Gun. Classic Silver and Flat Silver. However the element only came out in one set...Does anyone know why this is?

Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

From what I remember, most of the metallic silver pieces I got in sets in early 2006 were in a "softer" color that usual. In my case I remember it happening to all of the Matoran weapons. I don't know why it happened, or if they fixed it later -- maybe they were experimenting with a different plastic or dye -- but I'm pretty sure I also have the soft silver version of Thok's gun.

Wait the disk of time is suppose to have a number on it?

i think it was a joke

anyway, thanks for the input ill see what i think a fair price .

It's not a joke because my disk doesn't have numbers on jt. I thought they were suppose to be just the image of the Vahi and that's it.

I now know I've had a rare disk that's been in my parts bind this long. I'm kinda shocked.

quickly get on the rare and promotional topic and get added to the list of owners
Apparently I own a rare collectible.

I only recently found out about this a couple days ago and BZP member squidmaster said come here.

I'm kinda in shock that I've had a collectable for so long.

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/