Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

Chronix is correct, there were two trans-blue Noble Rau in the prototype Manas. They've never been seen outside of one official picture of the set from LEGO, but they did exist and might still. I'll add them to the list.

-Letagi

Chronix is correct, there were two trans-blue Noble Rau in the prototype Manas. They've never been seen outside of one official picture of the set from LEGO, but they did exist and might still. I'll add them to the list.

-Letagi

Assuming they weren't prototype-destroyed.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Right, which why I said they might still exist, and why I was hesitant to add them in the first place. But there isn't really any reason to keep them off the list.

-Letagi

Edit: Trans-blue Rau's been added. Also, check this out - it's another price guide topic from the old forum that I either don't remember or have never seen. Check out those VMKK/GPKK prices! If only they were still that low.

In other news, we're now at over 400 posts! I'm so glad this topic has been a success.

Edited by Letagi

Speaking of prototypes, did anyone else spot those 2015 mask prototypes in the designer videos?

Interestingly they're different in shape/look from the final versions.

They were probably 3D - Printed. Alot of Lego Prototypes are made that way now.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Edit: Trans-blue Rau's been added. Also, check this out - it's another price guide topic from the old forum that I either don't remember or have never seen. Check out those VMKK/GPKK prices! If only they were still that low.

Wow, and they're just about the only things on the list that are cheaper than they are now; some of the prices on that list used to be atrocious!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Speaking of prototypes, did anyone else spot those 2015 mask prototypes in the designer videos?

Interestingly they're different in shape/look from the final versions.

That's really nothing special for prototypes. I mean, that's what they're all about. Testing a bunch of different ideas to find out wich work best.

Hail Denmark

The pieces mentioned by Chronix are one type of prototype. As far as I can discern, there are basically three types: early designs for a piece, test molds for finalized pieces and pieces made for in-progress set designs. The first type is totally different from the pieces that are produced, and these pieces are generally destroyed before making it into the hands of collectors. They include the aforementioned 2015 prototypes. The second type is characterized by details like codes on the exterior and sections of plastic that are thinner/thicker than the final pieces. These are test pieces for finalized designs. The third type includes pieces like the Metru blue Matatu and Binkmeister prototypes - pieces that are made with finalized molds but in colours to suit incomplete set designs.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

i did bid on that, but didn't win (my max was somewhere around $350, i guess) x)

BUT! there were actually all 6 toa mata prototypes in one auction! plus the white proto hau was on kopaka!

but who cares, it wouldn't make me a better person :D :D

peace out, ya'all :eyeboggle:

Did the proto Hau come in different colours? Saw this pic, and it got me wondering.

yep, i saw a white one as well :) a year or two ago on ebay

Edited by UngluedBike
  • Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just added the yellow and white Hau prototypes, as well as the recently discovered trans-blue 2015 Kaukau.

I also just saw this. According to The Bionicle Wiki (not to be confused with BS01), those are all prototypes. Hard to tell from such a small picture though.

-L

I so want a trans blue kaukau :o Why are there only 200 of them! I so hope they release more like the trans red Hau! Perhaps we're going to get all 6 masks in transparent colours. Seems kind of silly not to given they've already done 2 of them :)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I so want a trans blue kaukau :o Why are there only 200 of them! I so hope they release more like the trans red Hau! Perhaps we're going to get all 6 masks in transparent colours. Seems kind of silly not to given they've already done 2 of them :)

Summer sets my boy, that's when we get the other trans masks.

hTeXGIU.png

Summer sets my boy, that's when we get the other trans masks.

Someone spilled gold all over those ones though :c

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

yup the ones with the summer sets are interesting (especially given their possible story implications) but not the same thing as the trans masks we're seeing. And Bike (Alphonse) why have you added so many random online handles to your sig? What could we even do with your Kickstarter one?! :D

I think the trans masks of fire and water are meant to be the counterparts of the ones in the summer 2015 villain wave.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

yup the ones with the summer sets are interesting (especially given their possible story implications) but not the same thing as the trans masks we're seeing. And Bike (Alphonse) why have you added so many random online handles to your sig? What could we even do with your Kickstarter one?! :D

I've had this sig for ages! :P I'm just having a little fun :D I'll begin brewing a new sig tonight :P

Can I just make it clear now that I'm calling the new Gali mask on being in the activity book?

Edited by Alphonse Elric

hTeXGIU.png

I asked where to post this in the Q&A forum and was redirected here, so I'm hoping someone might be able to estimate a value for these (I'm in a situation where I have to sell mine, hence the BST post I posted earlier  :( ). I have 6 Bionicle Gen 2 sets (Tahu, Onua, Kopaka and Protectors of Fire, Ice and Earth) all signed by the people that worked on the sets, which were distributed as prizes through the BFTGM contest (I came 2nd in that contest on Eurobricks, so that's how I got them). I'm talking about the sets you can see in this picture:

16232411640_9ab06a9b3e_z.jpg

Given there were 6 1st place prizes (6 Toa-Protector pairs), 6 2nd place prizes (3 Toa-Protector pairs) and 6 3rd place prizes (LOSS), there's only a handful of these sets that were signed by all the designers (it's hard to say exactly how many of each set there are signed like this, definitely in low double digits), and I haven't seen any be sold (the two that appeared on eBay UK (if anybody here saw them a few months back) were mine, and didn't sell) so it's hard to gauge their value. Any help as to gauge their estimated value would be much appreciated. Yes, they're all sealed.

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

I asked where to post this in the Q&A forum and was redirected here, so I'm hoping someone might be able to estimate a value for these (I'm in a situation where I have to sell mine, hence the BST post I posted earlier  :( ). I have 6 Bionicle Gen 2 sets (Tahu, Onua, Kopaka and Protectors of Fire, Ice and Earth) all signed by the people that worked on the sets, which were distributed as prizes through the BFTGM contest (I came 2nd in that contest on Eurobricks, so that's how I got them). I'm talking about the sets you can see in this picture:

(pic)

Given there were 6 1st place prizes (6 Toa-Protector pairs), 6 2nd place prizes (3 Toa-Protector pairs) and 6 3rd place prizes (LOSS), there's only a handful of these sets that were signed by all the designers (it's hard to say exactly how many of each set there are signed like this, definitely in low double digits), and I haven't seen any be sold (the two that appeared on eBay UK (if anybody here saw them a few months back) were mine, and didn't sell) so it's hard to gauge their value. Any help as to gauge their estimated value would be much appreciated. Yes, they're all sealed.

Like you say, those are really tricky to put values on. Obviously they'd be worth more than their retail prices, but aside from that there's no point of reference to base a price off of.

Based on the numbers you gave, there are 54 signed Toa sets, 54 signed Protector sets and 6 signed LoSS sets. That's quite a few, but most of them are locked up in people's collections and are unlikely to hit the market. Based on that, they're definitely rare.

If I were buying them, I would probably offer twice their retail value. Some people might say that's too high and some might say it's too low. Ultimately, their value is equal to whatever they're worth to you.

Sorry I can't be of more help. If you could find a sale of another signed set (not necessarily Bionicle 2015, just any signed LEGO set), that might help you figure out a value. But as you've noticed, they're not exactly common.

-Letagi

(pic)

Like you say, those are really tricky to put values on. Obviously they'd be worth more than their retail prices, but aside from that there's no point of reference to base a price off of.

Based on the numbers you gave, there are 54 signed Toa sets, 54 signed Protector sets and 6 signed LoSS sets. That's quite a few, but most of them are locked up in people's collections and are unlikely to hit the market. Based on that, they're definitely rare.

If I were buying them, I would probably offer twice their retail value. Some people might say that's too high and some might say it's too low. Ultimately, their value is equal to whatever they're worth to you.

Sorry I can't be of more help. If you could find a sale of another signed set (not necessarily Bionicle 2015, just any signed LEGO set), that might help you figure out a value. But as you've noticed, they're not exactly common.

-Letagi

That's fine - any thoughts from other collectors are useful to me.

I figured out there were 54 Toa and 54 Protector sets, what I meant by "not sure" was how many specific sets exist (like how many Tahus etc. since 2nd place could specify which ones they wanted).

It really does depend on the person though. I've actually sold a signed set before - it was an Exo-Suit set signed by Peter Reid (AFOL who submitted the Ideas project). I got 3 times it's retail value for it, but it's actually a relatively common collectable in my country (~400 units) and I've seen some go for more, and some go for barely above UK retail price. But it goes to show how hard it is to put a definite value on such items.

But I think double retail is probably fair (I tried triple retail on eBay once, it generated interest but ultimately didn't sell), but even that's variable by country (double retail in the UK is different from double retail in the US).

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

If you were the guy trying to sell Tahu a few months back, I was the guy who messaged you about buying it :D If you've decided you're interested in trying to sell again I'd definitely be interested in your Tahu and possibly a few of the others. Twice retail sounds fair so please feel free to PM me if you're looking to sell again! T

If you were the guy trying to sell Tahu a few months back, I was the guy who messaged you about buying it :D If you've decided you're interested in trying to sell again I'd definitely be interested in your Tahu and possibly a few of the others. Twice retail sounds fair so please feel free to PM me if you're looking to sell again! T

Yes, that was me! My eBay name is completely different from my screen name on here and other fan sites. Anyway, I'll shoot you a PM and we might be able to work something out  ;)

That's fine - any thoughts from other collectors are useful to me.

I figured out there were 54 Toa and 54 Protector sets, what I meant by "not sure" was how many specific sets exist (like how many Tahus etc. since 2nd place could specify which ones they wanted).

It really does depend on the person though. I've actually sold a signed set before - it was an Exo-Suit set signed by Peter Reid (AFOL who submitted the Ideas project). I got 3 times it's retail value for it, but it's actually a relatively common collectable in my country (~400 units) and I've seen some go for more, and some go for barely above UK retail price. But it goes to show how hard it is to put a definite value on such items.

But I think double retail is probably fair (I tried triple retail on eBay once, it generated interest but ultimately didn't sell), but even that's variable by country (double retail in the UK is different from double retail in the US).

I figured you had probably gotten those numbers too. I was just thinking out loud. But I had forgotten that second place winners could choose their sets so I guess I assumed equal numbers of each set.

Anyways, looks like it's been more or less sorted out. Hope you guys can strike a deal!

-Letagi

Hey does anyone know how much the bionicle rahkshi shoes would be WITHOUT the TOKs?

Image plz.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Hey does anyone know how much the bionicle rahkshi shoes would be WITHOUT the TOKs?

Probably not a lot. I don't think they're that desirable an item, but I could be wrong.

-Letagi

I'd have to disagree, I think they are rather delightful. The Rahkshi ones that is, I don't really like the Toa Nuva ones.

hTeXGIU.png

Probably not a lot. I don't think they're that desirable an item, but I could be wrong.

-Letagi

I'd have to disagree, I think they are rather delightful. The Rahkshi ones that is, I don't really like the Toa Nuva ones.

Well what would you pay for the shoes alone?

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

-Letagi

I'd be willing to do maybe $30 on them. A pair in good condition is surprisingly rare. I'm not offering to buy though, I'm completely broke :D

hTeXGIU.png

-Letagi

I'd be willing to do maybe $30 on them. A pair in good condition is surprisingly rare. I'm not offering to buy though, I'm completely broke :D

Oh wow, thats better than I expected. Mine are definitely in good condition

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

Is this a good price for four sealed, promotional, Roboriders sets: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Technic-Kabaya-promotional-Roboriders-from-2000-RARE-SEALED-/141666872491?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item20fc00ecab

I dunno how rare they are, so I dunno if that's a fair deal.

That's an ok price.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=40701

Thanks. Hopefully I have enough after getting Super Roborider.

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi