Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

I have found what I do believe to be a Toa Mata Prototype and am waiting for a answers from expects, if it is I am going to buy it and then post about it.

Its not an Mask.    

I am hoping to trade it for Pearl Gold Bionicle Mask Kraahkan, because some seller on brick-link made a fake listing to show people the different between pearl gold and flat gold now people are thinking that they are setting on $800 masks. At most the mask should be $30 to $50.

Wouldn't mind an update on that. I have a pearl gold Kraahkan and may be willing to trade it depending on what you've got. Is the mask present in the set?

If you still have the pearl gold kraahkan pm me and lets talk business , as for the part it was listed as a light gray " Bionicle Body Trunk Gearbox" however it was white when I contacted the seller.

So I just got an comic con taha mask, it was sold as being mint however the box has a defect in the upper left 

corner deforned plastic and dent. becuse of the defecet I cant sell the mask to the buyer I

Procured

it for and we also believed it was been opened because of black particles inside the case so for the buyer the mask is worthless and should be returned, however the seller has no returns. I want to know if the mask has any worth.

Edited by tourmalinex

So I just got an comic con taha mask, it was sold as being mint however the box has a defect in the upper left 

corner deforned plastic and dent. becuse of the defecet I cant sell the mask to the buyer I

operated it for and we also belived it was been openned becuse of black particles inside the case so for the buyer the mask is worthless and sould be returned, however the seller has no returns. I want to know if the mask has any worth.

You have nothing to worry about. A minor defect won't impact the value much.

As for having been opened, the cases aren't actually sealed and so opening one has no impact whatsoever on the value.

-Letagi

operated it for and we also belived it was been openned becuse of black particles inside the case so for the buyer the mask is worthless and sould be returned, however the seller has no returns. I want to know if the mask has any worth.

Basically what Letagi said. It's pretty much expected for there to be a dent in the plastic container, the window piece is pretty fragile. As long as the mask itself has nothing wrong with it, the value shouldn't drop at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 5-Hole Chin Kraahkan. I was looking through mask lots on Ebay one day, and I saw it hiding in the back row of the seller's image. I got about 20 masks, including this beauty, for $40 USD!

I see 4 holes.

Are.... are you serious?

cjr205: I assure you it has five holes, not four or six.

chronix: I'm completely serious; I was just as shocked as you are! The seller had no idea what they had.

5-Hole Chin Kraahkan

5-Hole Chin Kraahkan

Edited by InkAlchemist1994
gallery_114868_370_4342.png

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/8367-kanohi-help-i-think-i-may-have-something-special/

Would this make the list?

The Prototype Dark Red Noble Komau?

Found this thread when searching the internet for rarest Bionicle pieces!

And LEGO did verify to the owner that it was a legit mask but they have no idea how many they produced.

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/8367-kanohi-help-i-think-i-may-have-something-special/

And LEGO did verify to the owner that it was a legit mask but they have no idea how many they produced.

I don't believe that counts since it turned out to be from a Chinese bootleg set.

- :t::l::h:

I don't believe that counts since it turned out to be from a Chinese bootleg set.

- :t::l::h:

If I remember correctly from that topic, LEGO confirmed they did produce a mask in that color as a prototype. I don't remember hearing anything about it being a bootleg.

- :t: :l: :h:

Ah ok did you verify it for him and found that it was a bootleg?

Because he said that he emailed LEGO multiple times about it and this is what they said: "I've sent more emails but the only thing they know is that this mask was produced in this weird colour but they dont know why or how many," wasn't that correct?

- :t: :l: :h:

If I remember correctly from that topic, LEGO confirmed they did produce a mask in that color as a prototype. I don't remember hearing anything about it being a bootleg.

Yea that is what I thought it said, but apparently it turned out being a bootleg.

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

• 3 weeks later...

Letagi as our resident expert, do you know anything else about the fate of the red noble komau?

EDIT: Looks like I answered my own question, it indeed looks to be a knockoff. A really cool knockoff (not to mention that silver matatu!!), but a knockoff nonetheless.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=298797

Sad day :(

Edited by SamDrew

• 2 weeks later...

I have a strange mask.

Don't remember where I got it from.

It's a misprint of Makuta's mask of shadows in a dark gold colour.

Dose any Bionicle mega expert know anything about it?

It's not a misprint, it's from the Tower of Toa playset from 2005.

Though there is a rare version of it in pearl gold (the light post-2006 gold) which is much harder to find.

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I have a strange mask.

Don't remember where I got it from.

It's a misprint of Makuta's mask of shadows in a dark gold colour.

Dose any Bionicle mega expert know anything about it?

It's not a misprint, it's from the Tower of Toa playset from 2005.
Mine has a strange indintion at the the holes. That's what makes it so strange. I've seen the normal ones but this one has a factory flaw.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Hello to you all here in this Forum, which might be new to me.

If I may introduce me shortly, I am the bioniclecollector1, from ebay, who was grabbing for quite some years everything collectable of Lego Bionicle. I was roaming through ebay DE, US, UK and Australia. Looking for Kanohis, Krana, Krana-Kals, Kanohi Nuvas, Kraatas, Kanokas, Rhotukas and more. When Lego stopped Bionicle G1, I stopped loving to collect Lego Bionicle for some reason, too. I am not saying that I dislike Lego Bionicle, but Lego took a Hobby away from me which I enjoyed. In 2010, I needed to replace my former Hobby from collecting Lego Bionicle to a new one, so that I could distract myself and give my life a new purpose. Since then I have now collected a nice Lego people population at my home and still sorting and sorting.

So here I have some 50 cents for you Lego Bionicle collectors and your valuable misprints, prototypes and what you would consider is the most valuable.

I have over the years aquired so many Bionicle collectables that my boxes were overfilled with it, as I have never started to display them or sort them to a single colour line. I just were consuming my needs for this marvelous Lego Bionicle which was a great mystical story. One day, when I was looking at overfilled collection boxes full of masks and other things, I was wondering how am I going to sort this all.

My partner told me to use those $10 AUD fishing boxes here from BigW. So I bought some of those and they have these adjustable separators.

However when I began to look at these Kanohi masks, I had already 15 times the coloured collection sets completed and I was asking myself, if this is all I need a single colour of each Toa, Matoran, Tohunga, Turaga, Rahi and etc. The collection is just boring and there was no platform to swap or exchange with friends or others Lego Bionicle masks. Lego did not provide for this to get people together and communicate for such a collectable exchange, which is sad actually.

The issue was, that I looked inside the mask, as I remembered when Lego Bionicle started in Germany, when I was living there years ago, those Toas came with little CDs and you were able to put in their mask code to find out more about the Toa character. Nevermind, I loked deeper and found out with my hundreds of masks that each mask had a tiny little number code in there. Sometimes I was only able to see them with a very good LED torch light.

So I sorted them by colour and this particular numbering system and concluded that there is in fact a lot more to collect than the usual Lego Bionicle collector does besides of all those special other masks thrown on to the world of collection.

One thing, I didn't forget in my young days, when I collected once stamps and coins. Everything has a hidden watermark, numbering or cut. So did Lego this with these Lego Bionicle masks as well.

I find most of your special collections are impressive, but you have not yet finished your collection yet. You have not finished or gasped the fact that you have in fact an incomplete single coloured ordinary mask collection. I know, those red, green, blue, brown, black, white and etc ordinary masks, you do only need once. That's it.

Actually, you are wrong, and I have this sitting here at home in my accumulated fishing boxes as prove. Every time, when I bought the next few hundred lot of masks and sorted them, this hidden little numbering system which lego added inside all of its masks, it never changed.

for example

Avohkii - one mask of each appearance to have is ok? In fact you may consider to have this four times, as the inside numbering starts with 1-01, 2-01, 3-01 and 4-01.

The same is also with the Kraahkan and some others.

Sometimes there is a numbering variation, instead of 1-01, it is 1-02, 2-02, 3-02 and 4-02.

Did you know in fact that you might be lots of Rhotuka Spinners short in your collection?

How does it come, the numbering issue.

Those Silver and single coloured Rhotuka's for example are numbered down from

001-1 - 001-8 with code and without

002-1 - 002-8

003-1 - 003-8

004-1 - 004-8

005-1 - 005-8

Also those coloured mixed ones from those Rhotuka collectable boxes have a similar counting and what you might not have noticed is that their colour pattern varies.

Similar thing happened with those Kanoka Disks as well

Numbering varieties are as follows

01-1 - 01-8 underneath is either a number print of a biggish/smallish size, so may consider to collect twice the amount of one Kanoka Disk

If I may say from those standard 62 Kanoka Disks not those special Disks, I am talking about, the ordinary collector has access to. You multiply this by 16 times, you have to have 992 Kanoka Disks to collect, because of the twice numbering variation. So tell me please how difficult is this?

Similar thing happened to Kranas as well. Kraatas are even worse, the US and the International variation in the rubber colouring is not the same as it should have.

Kanohis have a similar numbering, but unfortunately I cannot access the collection box in the moment as I am writing this here after midnight in Australia and would like to catch up on sleep now.

Please do not think for a moment, that you have got everything yet, as your collection seems to be impressive, but it has barely started nor finished yet. You haven't got the ordinary mask or collectible variation finished, just look at your Masks, Disks or Spinners on the back and try to find the numbering variety. You might understand me.

By the way, I am also looking into selling my Lego Bionicle Collection from 2001-2010, plus unopened Hero Factory 2010 as long as they had the Bionicle Signature Stamp on it.

I have also Trading Cards, Clocks, watches, polybags, CDs and more stuff.

i just would like to find a home for this, who loves them, enjoys it and doesn't destroy as lots of people have tried to approach me. I am still respecting Lego Bionicle.

Thank you very much for reading this long 50 cent piece of me. I was all the time acting behind the scene and never spoke a word of my Lego Bionicle collection to anyone than home.

I apologise to the Administrator, if I may have overstepped in some of the forum's rules like mentioning to sell my Bionicle collection. Please consider my sincere apology for my fauxpas.

See you later and have a great night.

-snip-

Welcome to BZP! Thanks for contributing to the topic.

Variations in mask codes have been known for a long time, although I had completely forgotten about it until you posted here. But I do remember being aware of this years ago. A more obvious example is the four variations of the infected Hau Nuva, which some find difficult to tell apart from the exteriors. The codes are consistent across the four versions, allowing people to tell them apart definitively.

With regards to whether a collection is complete or incomplete, it's really a question of how obsessive a person wants to be. I know some people who are content calling their collections "complete" if they have everything that was widely available, not accounting for codes. Others call it finished when they have all the normal items plus everything in the first two categories in this topic's first post. Some are only happy when they have everything listed in the first post.

You can take it to a further extreme, namely that a collection isn't complete until it includes every collectible ever designed by LEGO. But there have been hundreds of prototypes that never left the design studio, and by that standard, no collection can ever be objectively complete. Like I said, it depends entirely on a person's definition of "complete." Personally, I'm not interested in finishing my collection of ordinary pieces; I focus on collecting rare and unusual pieces. It's a lot less stressful and I find it more interesting.

Although a collection that takes codes into account would be impressive, most people - myself included - don't really see the point of going to those lengths. We have neither the time nor the money to dedicate to that kind of goal. :P But if you've managed to finish your collection in that way, I salute you, because that's really amazing.

All this being said, this is an interesting detail that I'll mention in the first post of this topic. I have a mental list of updates that need doing, so I'll add this when I get around to the others.

If you have items you'd like to sell, you can make a topic in this forum (Buy/Sell/Trade) listing what you have.

-L

• 2 weeks later...

I have a copper Huna in my possession right now but I can't seem to be able to tell which variation it is. I'm almost certain it is the UK version, since it seems very opaque (much more than say the golden and silver 2002 Kanohi), but it does become SLIGHTLY transparent when I place it over a bright light.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Also, was the UK copper Huna ever available separately or did it always come in combination with the Komau?

EDIT: Never mind my first question, I came across this useful photo. Second question still stands, though. :)

Edited by Illuminatus

Also, was the UK copper Huna ever available separately or did it always come in combination with the Komau?

If I remember correctly the UK variant was seperately given out in cereal boxes in Germany. And I might be wrong about this, but weren't they also losely given out at Legoland parks?

Hail Denmark

If I remember correctly the UK variant was seperately given out in cereal boxes in Germany. And I might be wrong about this, but weren't they also losely given out at Legoland parks?

That's correct, they came individually packaged with German cereal. Sealed ones are very hard to come by. The only time I've seen them on the market was about a year ago, in an eBay auction that Flintsmith won. There were five, and he auctioned three of them off for about $20-25 a piece.

I haven't heard of them being given out individually at Legoland, but it's possible.

-L

MISPRINT KRAATA

Hey, not sure how this fits into the list. But a while back i came a across a misprint kraata. Its quite a weird color mix. I have a suspicion it was originally meant to be a Dark gold to Tan fade for the Pahrak model. However it must have gotten mixed with the Lehrahk model a bit because there are green tinges on all the gold parts of the kraata.

Im not sure how much it is worth. I have also put this up for sale on the buy/sell/trade topic in case anyone is interested 

In some of these i put it either side of a Pahrak and Lehrak version of the kraata for a comparison.

12596226_474809339383277_1999827385_n.jpg (960×960)

12571375_474809436049934_1303040722_n.jpg (720×960)

12583973_474809336049944_1659281368_n.jpg (960×960)

12607246_474809399383271_2134919885_n.jpg (960×720)

12625883_474809369383274_711146778_n.jpg (960×960)

Looking for rare Bionicle Promo Materials!

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides
  • Promo posters/leaflets etc
  • Anything Unique or one of a kind!

Please message if you have anything of interest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's correct, they came individually packaged with German cereal. Sealed ones are very hard to come by. The only time I've seen them on the market was about a year ago, in an eBay auction that Flintsmith won. There were five, and he auctioned three of them off for about $20-25 a piece.

I haven't heard of them being given out individually at Legoland, but it's possible.

-L

I have 2 of them, one from a cereal box and the other (which is a mismold) from Legoland. Neither are sealed though  :(

The mismould is warped to one side. It can still be worn by both Toa Mata and Metru heads, but it doesn't fit on Tohunga heads. Does this up its value or make it worthless? I currently can't get pics since my collection is in the family house, but I can get pics about a week from now or so. Tips?

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I also have 2 of the non translucent version.

Well... I think that it could increase the value, atleast a little bit?

EDIT:

Also, if anyone keeps tracking rare prototype/misprint pieces, then:

I have 11 black unprinted Skrall shields

Flick the Brick have 1

And Morbidflambstake (My friend from DeviantArt) owns 2

(How do I know? Well, I had 14... xD)

Edited by 4kocour4

• 4 weeks later...

Someone in the same state as me has an inside tour transparent Gali mask. They are displayed at a non-brand lego store nearby. I don't know if they are on any online community. I didn't know there was really any other huge Bionicle fans around here.

• Upvote 1