Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

Agreed those are reasonable prices, although the guy running that Bionicle Bricks store blatantly stole my name (he set up like 1 month after me the swine!) One day I'll find out who it is and shame them lol

But yes, I would've bought one of those already if I didn't think I could maybe get a better deal elsewhere. 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

If I had one of those I'd perhaps use it to make a Metru Matoran Jaller.

This does make me wonder... Do most people have these types of collectibles, rare pieces, and prototypes...

A. Use them on MoCs like a regular piece

B. Have some sort of a display system/never touch them unless absolutely necessary

C. Other (or combination)

I'm just curious to see how seriously most of these owners take the bricks.

move along.

nothing to see here.

This does make me wonder... Do most people have these types of collectibles, rare pieces, and prototypes...

B. Have some sort of a display system/never touch them unless absolutely necessary

B, I think these collectibles (particularly the early ones) are a thing of beauty when displayed in their entirety. It can be just as impressive as nice piece of art hanging on your wall with the added feeling of achievement knowing that YOU did that rather than some dead Frenchman :D

• Upvote 3

I keep my rare pieces in a small plastic case. If I had full sets of collectibles, I would probably display them, but rares are so inconsistent that it's tricky to display them nicely. Also, I take them around to conventions and such so it's nice to have them packed up. Really though, owning them is enough for me; I don't feel the need to display them.

Does anyone know what color the chroniclers staff that came with the bionicle game is? and is the piece that came with the game any more valuable than other colors of the same piece?

It's the old silver, the shade that LEGO used prior to mid-2006. The piece came with Garan, Lhikan & Kikanalo, and Lava Chamber Gate in that same shade, and in Photok and an obscure polybag called Piraka & Catapult in the new shade. There's no significant difference in value between the two - actually the new shade sells for slightly higher on Bricklink. One that is still sealed with Bionicle: The Game might be worth something, though. Not for the piece itself, but because it's still sealed after so long.

Also, Munty, thanks for getting the topic back on track back there. I was about to say something similar but you saved me the trouble!

-Letagi

• Upvote 1

While not Bionicle per se, how much does the Recon Team chest armour (the half clack, half silver piece) sell for? There has only been one listing on Bricklink, which sold for $30, so should we consider that the price for the piece?

Also does it count as a rare piece?

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I would say it counts. I am still looking for one of those, would be great for a MOC.

Haha, maybe if I'm willing to part with it I'll put it up for sale~

But for right now, should it be added to the list? Is there a separate Hero Factory list? That is the only exclusive piece I can think of from that line

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I had a shot at a Preston Stormer shop display the other day. Could probably still get hold of it if anyone's interested. Is cool but not really my area of expertise! Does someone have a pic or link to this other piece you're talking about?

While not Bionicle per se, how much does the Recon Team chest armour (the half clack, half silver piece) sell for? There has only been one listing on Bricklink, which sold for $30, so should we consider that the price for the piece?

What piece are you referring to? do you have any reference pic? Where did it come from?

EDIT: also as a side note, is it know who owns those binkbag gelu helmets?

Edited by Toa Nekar

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

What piece are you referring to? do you have any reference pic? Where did it come from?

He/she's talking about this two-tone chest piece that came with that HF promotion: http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/76451/1313790148m_SPLASH.jpg

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

He/she's talking about this two-tone chest piece that came with that HF promotion: http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/76451/1313790148m_SPLASH.jpg

Yep, here is the Bricklink page: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=92201pb01

And it's he, for future reference :P

BZPRPG:

Yep, here is the Bricklink page: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=92201pb01

And it's he, for future reference :P

Oh wow! How did I never know about that? What did it come with exactly?

6lyjLOL.png

It came with Hero Factory Recon sets in the year 2011. The sets themselves were designed online using a creator (where one of the chest options was the exclusive piece) but was eventually discontinued.

BZPRPG:

Does anyone know where I could get one of those bootleg metru red Komaus?

I think Haxorus is right, I've never heard of a metru red komau. And if you're referring to something on the list it clearly isn't a bootleg part or... well you know, it wouldn't be on the list... The OFFICIAL list :P 

Does anyone know where I could get one of those bootleg metru red Komaus?

I think Haxorus is right, I've never heard of a metru red komau. And if you're referring to something on the list it clearly isn't a bootleg part or... well you know, it wouldn't be on the list... The OFFICIAL list :P

A while ago someone turned up with a Metru red Komau which looked like a prototype similar to the White Huna, Metru Blue Matatu etc.. But eventually it turned out to be from a bootleg set or something. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

That looks copper to me... See how it's sort of speckled in the light on top of it rather than just a gloss reflection? Looks metallic. Remember how easy it is for photos to make one item look like a completely different one!

That looks copper to me... See how it's sort of speckled in the light on top of it rather than just a gloss reflection? Looks metallic. Remember how easy it is for photos to make one item look like a completely different one!

There's multiple images, plus the guy stated it was bright red.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

It was a bootleg, 100%.

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I'm surprised nobody has just tried to rub the existing print off other black disks and claimed it's rare. 

(grabs Vakama's disk)

Ya i was wondering about that too? It makes you realize how little a black kanoka is actually worth seeing as though its just a black kanoka with the pattern removed.

6lyjLOL.png

I'm surprised nobody has just tried to rub the existing print off other black disks and claimed it's rare. 

(grabs Vakama's disk)

Ya i was wondering about that too? It makes you realize how little a black kanoka is actually worth seeing as though its just a black kanoka with the pattern removed.

That actually is hard to do well. I tried wiping the print of a ugly minifigure head with nail polish. The print came off put the plastic finsish was ruined.

Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

(grabs Vakama's disk)

Not exactly. More accurately, it's a black Kanoka that was never printed in the first place, which is a little cooler. :P

Anyways, I think Sidorak was considering auctioning his black and gold Kanoka recently. It doesn't look like he's gotten to it yet though, or maybe he ended up selling them.

-Letagi

No one interested in my Tanoka? :P

I always wondered if you could just rub the designs off the discs too. Just need to find the right chemical.

Hydrochloric acid might do the trick.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

No one interested in my Tanoka? :P

I always wondered if you could just rub the designs off the discs too. Just need to find the right chemical.

Hydrochloric acid might do the trick.

He said rub the designs off the discs, not rub the discs off the designs :P but for real thought i think you could probably use something much weaker than that.

6lyjLOL.png

No.  It's an under layer of yellow paint on the disk I tried it on. Next time I'll try it on one of the red/black painted disks.

The toothpaste just acts as a fine abrasive.

How easily does the toothpaste take it off? Thats quite remarkable, assuming to could take off any printed design.

PS: Flintsmith, is there any way for me to communicate with you besides just commenting on the forums?

6lyjLOL.png