Bionicle Graphic Novels - 2015?

Chances of BIONICLE Graphic Novels returning?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I know I did just make a favourite book topic but I feel like this can constitute a topic on its own. 

I was buying the eighth graphic novel the other day when I stumbled upon the Ninjago ones and realized that those were also published by Papercutz. 

A bit of researching later, I found out that Papercutz publishes both Legends of Chima and Ninjago graphic novels. Considering they once published Bionicle graphic novels, and we all know Bionicle is coming back next year; what do you think the chances are that they'll start publishing them again?

Instead of bimonthly comic release, we could just get brand new graphic novels in the vain of the Ninjago and Chima ones. 

And maybe even that Maze graphic novel that was in the development stages???

Post your thoughts.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I think that graphic novels/comics are inevitable, as they were a staple of Bionicle since the beginning and they've been making them for more recent lines as well so there's no reason they'd decide to forgo it; they're more likely than new books or a tv show or whatever, and then need to tell a story somehow. However, it makes no sense for them to publish/reprint older material. It's been almost 5 years, it's time to move on.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

1. If Ninjago and Legends of Chima have graphic novels, I don't see why Bionicle won't have them either when it returns next year.

2. I highly doubt we'll get the 2010 comics in graphic novel form though. Especially if Bionicle is being rebooted. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm still bummed the sales never reached enough to get that final Graphic Novel.

But I do hope the comics come back again as the primary medium.

TAK

If Ninjago and Chima have comics AND a show/specials, then I can definitely see Bionicle getting the same treatment. 

I think that graphic novels/comics are inevitable, as they were a staple of Bionicle since the beginning and they've been making them for more recent lines as well so there's no reason they'd decide to forgo it; they're more likely than new books or a tv show or whatever, and then need to tell a story somehow. However, it makes no sense for them to publish/reprint older material. It's been almost 5 years, it's time to move on.

Well, they did reprint the older comics 8 years after they were released during the original graphic novel run. Papercutz might do it, they're known for releasing stuff for fans (like Graphic Novel 8, Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna and Makuta's Guide to the Universe).

I can see the return of comics to tell the story as likely (or they might try something new this time like a TV show), but unless there's sufficient demand, I doubt the 2010 comics will be released.

They can have both, like Ninjago. I don't see the problem with that. Also, Ninjago has novelizations, so I can see Lego trying to follow suite.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

For the first question my answer would be "maybe". I definitely think graphic novels would be a great thing for the new BIONICLE, but depending on its other media it might or might not need them in its very first year. After all, Ninjago's first graphic novel came out in November 2011, when the theme's first year was nearly over.

I think it would be good to have an "Other/undecided" option for the second question. I don't collect the graphic novels except the ones that include original stories that I don't have in single-issue form, so I don't really care either way whether they release a graphic novel with the 2010 comics in it.

It looks like Bionicle might end up being a continuation which makes it far more likely to get graphic novels and release the last one. I would love to see it, because a little more Bionicle never hurts. The only thing is that I feel Lego may be looking to TV shows or other media to tell the story.

"Maybe" and "move on" - although the latter only in lieu of an "ambivalent" option.

I never got any of the graphic novels because I just didn't want to purchase items that I already had in some form, since my comic collection was only missing a half-dozen or so to be complete. The unreleased 2010 stuff - if it's already in existence - could be released online as an easter egg, but if they're not completed then there's no reason to release them now.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Well, considering Papercutz would probably be in charge of these graphic novels, so I don't see a problem with them compiling the 2010 comics together but I dunno...

EDIT: Got my graphic novel 6 in today and it already fell apart. The glue job on these is awful

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg