Are Matoran four fingered ?

Zidonaro

Let's assume the sets are the closer we have of an official representation of the characters.

Agori and Glatorian are four fingered... Matoran and Toa are based on Agori and Toa, respectively. So this means Matoran are four fingered too ?

Takanuva 2008 Titan set was four fingered. STARS Tahu and Takanuva are four fingered too. 

I know Tahu had 5 in the movie, and the sets might represent a certain number out of simplicity sake?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

For a long time, Matoran, Toa, or any sentient species in BIONICLE didn't have any fingers. Then, in the first three movies, they were given five of them, which makes things really confusing when you get to The Legend Reborn because everybody has four fingers. The sets from 2009-2010 were also given four.

I guess it's really just a matter of who's animating the movie, writing the book, making the sets, or simply opinion. I, personally, always liked the idea of everybody having four fingers, but that's merely my opinion. Ask Greg on the Lego Message Boards for a confirmation or something idunno.

- :b: :i: :m_o: :c: :r: :y:

Edited by BioCry

:I

They also gave Axonn and Hydraxon four fingers too for the record. Brutaka on the other hand had 5, and the Maxilos Robot had 3 (though it's a robot, not the best example to go by...) and they gave Teridax 4 fingers in his Metru Nui combiner model. Same with Toa Mata Nui (though he technically has a glatorian form)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I doubt how many fingers the sets had were the highest priority for the designers. If it looked good and worked, it went. For the movies it's also the same artistic deal. I'm sure most beings have the same finger count as the rest of their species'. But I guess I see how this makes a confusion as to how many they have. To me they have as many as I need them to.

that's a detail that's been dodged and overlooked all over the place.
In my head, any one with ambiguous hands has five fingers, which is pretty much every toa who doesn't have an explicitly unusual hand. The Stars sets are barely canon anyway.

I'm pretty sure the movies are more accurate than the sets regarding physical appearance. In every movie where we could see Matoran, they had five fingers. Same goes for Turaga and Toa, except for the Toa Hordika and Rahaga who were mutated (and interestingly had the same kind of hands in the movies as Hydraxon in setform). I don't see how this would contradict the fact that Agori have four fingers, since Matoran are not Agori. Matoran might be based on Agori, which is why they look mostly the same, but they are not identical. There are other obvious differences such as the Matoran wearing masks and being 80% mechanical. The number of fingers could be a similar difference: the Agori were in reality based on humans, and humans don't have four fingers either.

So I'd say: Matoran have five fingers, Agori have four.

I like to think that most beings of the MU had five fingers, but I see the civilized bara magna inhabitants have five fingers while vorox had four; not sure to think of the Skrall having either amount of fingers.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I always thought it was either 4 or 5 fingers and 1 thumb, depending on the time period, in the Mask of Light movie I believe they had 4 fingers and 1 thumb, at least thats what i remember the Turaga having 

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros