Favorite Bionicle Hand? What do You Think the Perfect Bionicle Hand Wo

Banana Gunz

We have gotten several versions of the Bionicle hand. We've gotten the piece used as hands for the Toa Nuva, the mata hands, the open socket joint, the bent Glatorian neck, the Glatorian one made specifically to look like a hand, and possibly others. Which one do you like best out of these?

Also if you don't like any of them completely, which would be your dream hand piece?

My favorite out of the one's we've gotten is the Nuva hand. It's simple, versatile, and looks the best.

My dream hand piece would be the nuva piece (the newer, rounder version) except without that odd finger stuff on the end of it. I could be made just a drip thicker on all the sides and maybe even some finger details (but not as prominent or specifically defined as the Glatorian one). 

I'm just fine with the classic ball socket hand. It had plenty of connection points to add posable fingers or different weapons on to. I never liked the Glatorian hands. They were too realistic and bulky for me. A lot of the good old weapons don't even fit on it. 

The big old Mata hands are cool too, mostly because of nostalgia. They still look better than Glatorian hands in my opinion, and had more connection points and the possibility for fingers if you're clever. :) I also like the idea of two-fingered Toa, for some reason.

Edited by Click

I like the four-fingered Hero Factory hand, the Savage Planet paw piece, and even the technic-based hands of Tunneler Beast. Really, there's no "ideal" hand yet, though—I hope that at some point a hand mold which is nearly as compact as the Hero Factory hand mold but has clip attachments for independently-poseable fingers is introduced.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Axonn hands were the coolest - though to make them proportional to most sets the rest of the body would need to be bigger (worked for Axonn, but we couldn't have all of our characters looking like Norse Dwarves :P). I did really like specifically though how the fingers and their ends looked like the animated version of the Matoran hands (that kind of nice rounded end). Hydraxon's hands and most other titan sized characters tended to have claws of some sort.

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

You know what would really be the ideal hand? A Nuva hand with two 1/2 length bars on either side of the top cross hole. That way, you can add Hydraxon fingers withough having them oddly coming from the top of the hand. It would also be great to have a piece you can snap on the top of the hand to add those bars in the correct place. It would mean we'd lose one connection point, but I bet that there would be a lot of great uses for such a piece.

The regular Nuva hand. The Glatorian/HF hands just look awkward on anything that isn't an armored HF limb, especially in the wrist region, because the ball joint is the actual "wrist" with the HF system but the lower palm on most Bionicle limbs. The Nuva hand is just an incredibly versatile part in general, being able to easily connect ball joints to any Technic part, as well as resembling a hand in the simplest way possible. 

aouROFb.png

You know what would really be the ideal hand? A Nuva hand with two 1/2 length bars on either side of the top cross hole. That way, you can add Hydraxon fingers withough having them oddly coming from the top of the hand. It would also be great to have a piece you can snap on the top of the hand to add those bars in the correct place. It would mean we'd lose one connection point, but I bet that there would be a lot of great uses for such a piece.

Ooo, dis sounds goood. It also relates back to what Lyichir said.

My favorite are the jazz hands

Mata hands looked good on the '01 Toa, but if they were used with most of the later ones, they would look abnormally small in my opinion. As with Hydraxon and Nuva, they are #totesamaze. 

Glatorian hands look good for modeling but they don't have a third hole, which I found to be somewhat disappointing. 

bZpOwEr