Bionicle Video Games

Favourite Bionicle Video Games  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, I really want a new Bionicle MNOG type game so like an OOG since its Okoto now but that got me thinking about how Lego has their own MMO now. I don't know if this is free to play or how good it is but I was just thinking how amazing a Bionicle MMO could be it would be like MNOG with the exploration and wonder except now you can adventure with friends and go on quests and level up. We could all make our own Protector or Defender or whatever the normal Matoran are called since they seem like they can hold their own, search for masks for the Toa and fight off Rahi and skull spiders while going across the new island I think it could work really well. Maybe it the bionicle launch does well enough something like this could be a reality.

I'd vote for 'Bionicle: The Game' in the PC category, but since I've never played any handheld games I don't really have an opinion on them.

It took me ages to finally complete The Game back when, so I was quite surprised when I got back to it again a few years later and actually played through the whole thing within a few hours. It's a cute small game, though, and works better for me than Bionicle Heroes (I'm not really into shooters) - there, the only thing I thoroughly enjoyed was the Piraka Playground. :/

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Bionicle heroes was Awesome with a big A. I played through it twice. It wasn't very canon, but it was a ton of fun. Sure, there's not much story either, but it was an enjoyable shooter. I don't even like shooters very much at all, so that should say something.

I agree with your opinion on the handheld verion of Bionicle: The game. It's terrible. And yes, the music is cool, although not very Bionicle.

Tales of the Tohunga was nice, but it was way too difficult for me. I have never went further in the game than Po-wahi. The controls are terribly annoying. But it looked nice, like you said.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Tales of the Tohunga was nice, but it was way too difficult for me. I have never went further in the game than Po-wahi. The controls are terribly annoying. But it looked nice, like you said.

Aw man, when I was a kid I got stuck in Po-Wahi for years. The directions for battling scorpions were given terribly, so I assumed they were impossible to defeat. I couldn't find that Pohatu stone anywhere. I spent hours scouring every corner of the level in the hopes of finding it.

What a dreadful time it was.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I've only played the PC and GBA versions of Bionicle: The Game and Bionicle Heroes, so my favorite for consoles goes to Bionicle: The Game and, obviously, Bionicle: The Game for GBA.

I liked Heroes, and I even beat it when I was younger. I liked the silliness of it, especially the Piraka Playground (or whatever it was called). However, after playing years later, I found two significant problems with it. First, it is mind-numbingly repetitive. I didn't mind that so much when I was younger, but I just couldn't handle it when I got older. Second, and more importantly, the game gave me a massive headache. On two separate occasions, at least a year apart, I tried to play Heroes again, but I couldn't get past the first level before I had to stop. I actually felt sick. It stinks, too, because as ghidora said, it was, thematically, a nice change of pace from most games.

Bionicle: The Game for consoles is ridiculously short, has a horrible camera, and the controls aren't all that great, but... it was Bionicle, and having played it when I was young and most into Bionicle, nostalgia plays a major role in my fondness for the game.

Bionicle: The Game for GBA... yeah, it's hard, insanely hard, and the difficulty made it all the more frustrating and infuriating when the save code it gave you didn't work and you had to use the previous one. However, something about it just grabbed me, and I, quite simply, loved it. I loved it so much, in fact, that I actually beat it. I didn't feel a similar sense of accomplishment (as far as games go, anyway) until I beat Lost Odyssey years later (which, considering how horrible I am at JRPGs, was a massive accomplishment).

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Bionicle is a weird series when it comes to games. It is about the only franchise where the free online games are way better than the big-budget video games. But Bionicle Heroes GBA is a personal favorite of mine. That soundtrack is gorgeous. It is probably the only Bionicle game that I would recommend to people outside the fandom.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Matoran adventures sucked, but I've never really played any of the other handhelds...

As for Bionicle Heroes, I loved it a lot. The camera-over-the-shoulder-thing was super irritating, and I'm not really a fan of shooters, but once I got used to it, I was all for it. I still have it to this very day. :3 The thing I enjoyed the most was definitely Piraka Playground. Some of the skits there were kinda dorky, but most of them were hilarious.

I actually kinda wanted to play Maze of Shadows, but I never got it. Other than that, and the above-mentioned games, I've never been into Bionicle games. (Except the online ones.(Duh.))

Edited by The Meta Knight

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

Bionicle is a weird series when it comes to games. It is about the only franchise where the free online games are way better than the big-budget video games. But Bionicle Heroes GBA is a personal favorite of mine. That soundtrack is gorgeous. It is probably the only Bionicle game that I would recommend to people outside the fandom.

Funny enough. The early online games really got what Bionicle was about, but after 2006 things started to get pretty dry.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

How do you quote?

There is a button reading "Quote" on the lower-right corner of every post. Press on it to quote the post in question. 

As for Bionicle Video games, the most I know of them is watching Bionicle Heroes' Lets Plays. I've generally found them dull - I hope any new games are better than that. 

Edited by fishers64

• 2 weeks later...

I like Bionicle Heroes on pc but unfortunately Bionicle the Game is virtually unplayable on pc, I just tried to play it today and the way the game plays is horrendous and the controls are terrible. The gba version of Bionicle Heroes is so awesome, the music is by far the best thing about it, it's so great! Bionicle the game on gba is really difficult and maze of shadows is a good jrpg style game. I have bionicle heroes and maze of shadows on my phone on a gba emulator and every now and then I play it for nastalgia. I personally think the gba version of bionicle heroes is better than the console version.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)