The Toa Vordi

Welcome my friends (You are my friends, right? Right guys, Right?) to the unveiling of,  THE TOA VORDI!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheSkakdiChronicler/Bionicle/Vordi/p1770276.jpg 

They where first created when Kodre, a Bo-matoran, was transformed into a Toa, by one of the last two Toa that protected Bo-koro, and nearby Ce-koro, in the Northern Continent. Kodre, and his friend, Roia, toa of Psionics, set out on journey to the southern Islands, to discover all that resided there. On journey, they met other newly formed Toa, and became, the Toa Vordi, after the first new Island they named. 

LINK

Kodre

Kodre is a rather quirky, eccentric Bo-matoran who is a close friend to Roia. In Bo-koro, he served as a hut builder and repairer, though after his pet fikou got loose, he was outcasted from the village. He enjoyed and was a skilled ash bear hunter, though he never killed any, he enjoyed cathing and tapping them with Roia. He, on one hunt, had tripped and fallen into a cave, crushing a Kofo-jaga nest. He's been scared of all insectiod Rahi since. He is armed with a short protosteel blade and a Vuata Maca wood bow, with poison dipped arrow.

LINK

Roia

Roia lived on the Northern Continent, in Ce-koro, which neighbored Bo-koro. She was a close friend of Kodre who brought her Ash bear hunting. She was especially skilled a traps, snares, and all other related things. She helped in common defense in Ce-koro, which helped save the village from a fire mahi attack. She is comedic, and rather optimistic. Besides Kodre, she was also close friends with a weaver named Tria. She is armed with a mental axe that she nicknamed "The Mindcracker".

LINK

Palca

Palca was the last surviving matoran from his village of Su-koro on the Tren-Krom Peninsula. His village was attacked and raided by a horde of zyglak. He and a fellow Su-matoran escaped, but with heavy wounds. His friend soon died of his wounds. On is way to Stelt to become a trader, he stumbled across a Toa stone on the southern continent , where he soon is were he met Kodre and Roia, who were on there way to the southern Islands. He decided to join them, in hope he could avenge Su-koro. He is highly intelligent and his crafty, though often over thinks things. He is armed with a energized plasma gun that he modified to be 4x as powerful.

LINK

Argareth

Argareth was sent from his home island of Nynrah after being banished from Fa-koro for accidentally releasing a swarm a nui rama on the koro (he didn't realize rama get angry so easily and that they are so good a tracking). He ended up on Voya Nui  around 3,000 years before the Great Cataclysm, where he met and befriended Ko-matoran named Lortigra. He and Lortigra both found Toa stones tansforming them. Just mere days before the Great Cataclysm, Kodre, Roia, Palca, and Jodurak found  Argareth and Lortigra who willingly came to escape the horrible life on Voya Nui. Argareth is a grumpy, hot-headed individual. He prefers brawn over brains and believes he can take just about everything. He wields a magnetic sword which he can channel his powers through to disarm opponents. He also uses a protosteel shield that is imune to magnetic attacks.

LINK 

Lordigra

Lordigra worked in the knowledge towers of Metru Nui as scribe, and was soon sent to Karzhani for not working hard enough. Karzhani did what he does and Lordigra ended up not as bad as it could have  been. He was snuck out of Voya Nui with rejects, ending up in a small village with Turaga Jovan where he lived. A new matoran named Argareth had traveled to Voya Nui about 3,000 years before the Great Cataclysm. Lortigra found Argareth on a scouting trip and quickly befriended the grump. He and Argareth were on another scouting trip when they found two Toa stones that transformed them. Kodre, Roia, Palca, and Jodurak, discovered Lortigra and Argareth only a few days before the Great Cataclysm. Lortigra is silent and rather social for a Toa of Ice. He is quick and good at staying out of sight. He is armed with an avalanche flail and carries a simple Protodermis sled.

LINK

Jodurak

Jodurak was a frail, weak, Le-matoran on Nynrah who had befriended a Nynrah Ghost. Jodurak lived a simple life in a village of many different matoran, until a wandering Toa came and gave him a Toa stone, before being ambushed by some Skakdi. Jodurak, after transforing into a toa, was sent to protect the village from an angry Kane-Ra. Jodurak stopped he bull, but at a price. His right arm, and left leg were ripped of in the process. His Nynrah Ghost friend (who later built Vultraz's skyfighter on Stelt)  was able to repair  him to an extent that only Karzhani could match. Kodre, Roia, and Palca came across him on there way to the southern islands (they got very lost). He joined them shortly after the village was destroyed by the Dark Hunters. Jodurak is nervous, skittish, and suspicious of most, but he is very loyal and very talented at persuasion. Jordurak wields a whistling broad sword and a large robotic arm after his repairs. 

If you notice Jodurak looks different in the original team image, it's because I needed a piece he had for another moc, so I updated him for that reason.

If you it says that this folder is not yet public, it's because new photo's are being added. enjoy, and post your favorite character.

Edit: Huge pic linked!

-Wind-

Edited by TheSkakdiChronicler

This Toa Team certainly has the most variation between Toa, and some of the most unique designs for the Toa that I've seen. I like the backstory of they weren't all from the same place. That bow is my favorite weapon.

One minor gripe- the exposed sockets and balls look a little weird.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I don't think I've ever seen a bow done properly before looking at this. The only thing about the bow (well, more the archer than the bow) is that the guy's arm posture is a bit wrong. His arm is not supposed to be up and then bent down. His body should be completely parallel to the bow, with his non-dominant hand holding the bow, and his dominant arm still parallel to the bow, but then his arm folds in all the way, still moslty parallel to the bow. And that made no sense.

Basically, move his arm down a bit so his elbow isn't pointed up. I can see why you did this, however, because joints.

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

• 1 month later...

The bow is cool. I've never seen that done with Bionicle before. You've put together an interesting assortment of Toa. Some of them look like they're too simplified. Argareth is probably the worst in that regard. It just seems like his torso is way too thin. The rest of them have decent torsos. I looked at Jodurak and was wondering what was going on and then I read the back story and it made sense. It's kind of cool how you built the robotic arm and leg. I haven't seen some of those pieces used for MOCs before.

You also have some interesting parts usage with the heads and mask on Roia's legs.

signoff2.png

There's quite a bit of green and white on your team. I'd suggest maybe using some different elements next time to make each member of the team look more individual. That said, I think the team itself is pretty solid, and I like the fact you've given them backstories.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg