LEGO Officially Announces the Return of BIONICLE

Hapori Tohu

Everything is awesome. I might actually get back in, which would be a lot of fun.

• Upvote 2

qs33716.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to rap, if you are one of the 8% that listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

I can't think of anything particularly creative to put here. Rayg made the avatar sprites, but I forget who made the lightsaber.

Well they say Quest for masks...it really seems like that's a thing again. The Toa have no use to hunt for masks unless it's a reboot. However, this makes me excited because the masks are returning! I kind of hope they adjust some of the powers and names.

Akaku will still be Xray

Hau will still be shielding which I like because Tahu is kind of the protector

Pakari will still be strength which with Onua's bulk TOTALLY makes sense

however:

Kaukau might not be underwater breathing

Miru might not be hovering (I hope not)

and Kakama I'm on the fence, but it might not be speed. 

Which is funny because it looks like Lewa Gali and Pohatu are the farthest removed from their original sets. Just a speculation.

Even knowing what was coming, I had to fight to keep my hysteria under control when I saw this.

And the best part is that my little siblings don't have internet, so I'll get to go home and tell them myself.

The worst part is I'll have to wait a week to do that. There will be much joyful hysteria at our house next Friday.

Eh, I guess I can get the worst of it out of my system by telling Mom over the weekend. I'm pretty sure she'll be excited, too.  :D  

• Upvote 2

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Even knowing what was coming, I had to fight to keep my hysteria under control when I saw this.

And the best part is that my little siblings don't have internet, so I'll get to go home and tell them myself.

The worst part is I'll have to wait a week to do that. There will be much joyful hysteria at our house next Friday.

Eh, I guess I can get the worst of it out of my system by telling Mom over the weekend. I'm pretty sure she'll be excited, too.  :D  

That's my plan, too!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

So the announcement does seem to imply there is some connectivity to the old series. But being the Mask of Creation opens up an interesting possbility of it being a prequel instead of a sequel... So I do look forward to hearing more, because that sounds interesting to me either way.

I do somewhat wish that the reveal were saved for NYCC though. I'm sure that'll be our first glimpse at the sets themselves now, but doing the entire reveal there would probably have been more satisfactory for those in attendance.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So the announcement does seem to imply there is some connectivity to the old series. But being the Mask of Creation opens up an interesting possbility of it being a prequel instead of a sequel... So I do look forward to hearing more, because that sounds interesting to me either way.

I do somewhat wish that the reveal were saved for NYCC though. I'm sure that'll be our first glimpse at the sets themselves now, but doing the entire reveal there would probably have been more satisfactory for those in attendance.

~|ET|~

Having it be a prequel would be pretty intersting, seeing as we can still play with the Toa Mata beforehand and retintroduce some older characters without baggage for new folks but still apppreciate them as older fans. Like Hydraxon for instance. No matter what they do, I'm sure it'll be great.

TAK

Edited by Toa TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Also:

Come January 2015 we are ready to take consumers all over the world on an epic quest to find the Masks of Power

"Take consumers all over the world"? Will this be some world-wide scavenger hunt promotion/thing, or does it simply mean we getting 2001's "Quests for the Masks" aspect back? Either way, pretty cool!

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Upvote 1
BZPRPG

~|ET|~

I might like a prequel, actually. Especially if it gave more info on Great Beings.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well they say Quest for masks...it really seems like that's a thing again. The Toa have no use to hunt for masks unless it's a reboot. However, this makes me excited because the masks are returning! I kind of hope they adjust some of the powers and names.

Akaku will still be Xray

Hau will still be shielding which I like because Tahu is kind of the protector

Pakari will still be strength which with Onua's bulk TOTALLY makes sense

however:

Kaukau might not be underwater breathing

Miru might not be hovering (I hope not)

and Kakama I'm on the fence, but it might not be speed. 

Which is funny because it looks like Lewa Gali and Pohatu are the farthest removed from their original sets. Just a speculation.

I think all the masks still make plenty of sense. If they had to change anything, I'd like it if they just changed the Kaukau so that it allowed the user to breathe not just in water but also in toxic atmospheres or maybe even a vacuum. In other words, a general mask of breathing, not limited to just water.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

-snip-

I dunno, keeping mask powers for only some of the Toa? I feel as if they're gonna change them, it'd be better to change them all.

Only thing is that Tahu Onua and Kopaka's all still make sense. I don't even know what any of them would change to anyhow XD

General appearance doesn't really need to determine what powers their masks use.

I was bouncing off the walls with excitement until it hit me what this announcement also meant. Now I can't decide whether to celebrate, or groan at the strain my wallet is going to take. :P

• Upvote 7
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Also:

Come January 2015 we are ready to take consumers all over the world on an epic quest to find the Masks of Power

"Take consumers all over the world"? Will this be some world-wide scavenger hunt promotion/thing, or does it simply mean we getting 2001's "Quests for the Masks" aspect back? Either way, pretty cool!

I'm hoping for a scavenger hunt. But "all over the world" could refer to the customers, not where Lego is taking us. In that case, it could refer to an epic computer game/online game. Sweet.

Also, why the rock texture/motif? That seems odd. Looks cool though. 

And here's that mask image zoomed in: http://www.bzpower.com/Imaging/stories/2014-09-19_Announcement_3.jpg

Looks like they were faithful to the original description after all. There's the narrowed eyes and the runes. 

Edited by fishers64

YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Also:

I'm hoping for a scavenger hunt. But "all over the world" could refer to the customers, not where Lego is taking us. In that case, it could refer to an epic computer game/online game. Sweet.

Also, why the rock texture/motif? That seems odd. Looks cool though. 

Feels like it might be underground or something.