LEGO Officially Announces the Return of BIONICLE

Hapori Tohu

Listen again to our legend of the Bionicle. In the time before time, Lego ended the immensely popular Bionicle theme and brought sadness upon BZPower. Now, five years later, Lego was free to unleash new sets and images... and unleash them, they did!

Bionicle: Mask of Creation 

• Upvote 4

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Yeah I think we can expect some awesome social integration. Maybe some cool interactivity to the sets too? Mayyyyyybe some integration with the website? If nothing else, something like mask codes like from 2001

That would be awesome. A modern take on that could be really fun.

-NotS

Yeah a lot has changed technologically. I can only imaged the amazing things that can happen with Bionicle now. Not to mention Bionicle ACTUAL movies, possibly TV shows...oh man I can only hope

• Upvote 1

Wow! :o At long last, Bionicle is officially coming back! Yay! Oh, yeah! Whooooooooooooooo-Hooooooooooooooooo! Now I feel more excited for this! :) And I am so happy that I am going to cry (crying in tears of happiness). I missed Bionicle so much!

Hopefully, we will get everything back; the websites, online games, video games, movies, etc. Plus, we would get a first-ever TV series, since there are TV series for other Lego themes lately. :)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I still have my doubts about some things, but seeing the new graphic and that 8-second clip brought out the hyper-imaginative, vindicating 11-year-old spaz I had worked so hard to bury. Probably a good thing no one else was around.

The fact that the Mask of Creation is apparently pivotal to the story leads me to believe that this is a continuation. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll have all the extra convoluted baggage from the story serials, but I'd put money on the story being set on Spherus Magna, Artakha being dead or missing, and fragments of Makuta surviving (conveniently enough) in the form of hostile fauna.

I discovered this while on my free block in the library and I freaked out.

Listen again to our Legend of the Bionicle...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Yeah I think we can expect some awesome social integration. Maybe some cool interactivity to the sets too? Mayyyyyybe some integration with the website? If nothing else, something like mask codes like from 2001

That would be awesome. A modern take on that could be really fun.

-NotS

Yeah a lot has changed technologically. I can only imaged the amazing things that can happen with Bionicle now. Not to mention Bionicle ACTUAL movies, possibly TV shows...oh man I can only hope

So many possibilities! I can't wait to see where it all goes.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

As excited as I am, I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the sets. But the important part is that there is more story coming out.

As for the Mask of Creation, it seems to match the description of it from Reign of Shadows. I wonder if we're gonna get an Artakha set sometime soon.

Coincidentally, this is the fifth anniversary of the day I first saw The Legend Reborn.

Edited by Vartemp

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

At least the Mask of Creation sounds like it'll be the same as last time. I wonder what else will be the same...

This makes me hope that it's going to be more of a "soft" reboot, that the story wills still continue but the set up will be that no one will be confused or lost when it starts.

Recent example would be like the latest Transformers film.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

I know I've posted this gif like five times already, but it has to be posted again:

vwMin.gif

Welcome back, Bionicle.

-TNTOS-

• Upvote 2

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I'm so glad that Bionicle is officially coming back. I can't wait to see what the story will be. (And the fans reactions to it. :P)

Now if you all will excuse me, I have to make Bionicle 2015 confirmed posters, tape them to the sides of my car, and drive around my neighborhood blaring 'Back in Black' from AC/DC on my radio at the highest volume with my windows rolled down. *Goes off to do just that*

• Upvote 4

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well. Time to budget Bionicle back in.

Ugh, that is the one part I don't look forward to. :lol:

Since BIONICLE ended, I have embraced my inner manchild and have begun collecting an incredibly wide plethora of things. Some of which are two or three times the price of an old Titan set, yet I'd be preordering multiple in a month.

So... this'll be fun.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'm interested if it'll have some elements of the old Bionicle story or it'll simply be a reboot.

As a Bionicle fan I hope for the former, but the latter would be an easier option to introduce the serie to new fans.

Chances are, it'll have some elements of the old BIONICLE storyline even if it's a reboot. How many reboots do you know of that completely abandon every single story element from the original story? Transformers didn't do that. Ninja Turtles didn't do that. Star Trek didn't do that. Even My Little Pony didn't do that. Even if a lot of the core story elements are rethought or reimagined, the fundamental elements that make the franchise what it is will generally remain in some form.

We already know story elements that are being kept — the Mask of Creation, and Masks of Power in general. They might not have exactly the same role and properties they had in the old story, but their importance to the story is being maintained.

• Upvote 1

"Made from raw magic and solid gold"

Younger audience, anyone?

are you implying "Raw Magic and Solid Gold" aren't in any way, hardcore?

Obviously, some people prefer half-cooked magic and flimsy, fake gold.

• Upvote 13
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

It just doesn't have the same ring to it as "Impenetrable Protosteel" and "High-tech Wings" had.

True, but this is a mask we are talking about. Saying it's made of 'raw magic and solid gold' are probably the best ways to describe it without giving too much away. Especially with this being a teaser for Bionicle's return.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It just doesn't have the same ring to it as "Impenetrable Protosteel" and "High-tech Wings" had.

You're right. It sounds much more forthright, less pretentious, and more true to what has always been so special about BIONICLE's Masks of Power.

If you want powerful artifacts described like high-tech, futuristic devices rather than magical treasures, maybe Hero Factory is more your speed. After all, clearly that kind of technobabble indicates a more sophisticated storyline for an older audience. :sarcastic:

• Upvote 8