LEGO Officially Announces the Return of BIONICLE

Hapori Tohu

This would be so exciting if we hadn't alreay known for weeks. I assume we still can't discuss the specific sets pictured in the leaks, correct?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I do really hope this is a soft reboot (as TAK compared it to Age of Extinction -- would be the ideal thing to do).

And I do really, REALLY hope that Ghost, Advance, and good old Greg are back for the ride :)

PS: And Tony Wedgwood. NEW FROM BIONICLE.

Edited by Night Terror
  • Upvote 3

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

I do really hope this is a soft reboot (as TAK compared it to Age of Extinction -- would be the ideal thing to do).

Comparing anything to the Transformers films makes me automatically feel like it's a terrible idea.

You shuldn't be afraid.

Not really.

But it's a Prime example.

... get it? :P

• Upvote 4

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

[heavy breathing]

Until the leaks I hadn't been expecting this at all, and even then I was worried that some cruel person had made them up just to get everyone riled up. But, in the words of a huntress-in-training: "THIS. IS. HAPPENINGGG~!"

But man, I'm really digging how much this style reminds me of the good ol' days of Mata Nui in 2001.

aaaaaaaa time to dig up the old bin full of old sets and start rebuilding~♪

And I do really, REALLY hope that Ghost, Advance, and good old Greg are back for the ride :)

PS: And Tony Wedgwood. NEW FROM BIONICLE.

This guy knows what's up. Tony Wedgewood MUST return. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a Danish man narrating my toy commercials.

Speaking of, I really hope we get something big like the 2007 videos for this launch. Really pumped to see the marketing for this series again.

TAK

• Upvote 1

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Okay I saw this when I got home and I got this really warm feeling in my feel organ. Which is weird because I didn't think that would happen with this. But my feel organ has many feels and

I'm just so happy. There's no other way I can put it.

Welcome back everyone.

=D

• Upvote 3

[Cyrix]

I am so happy :D I dunno what else to say, this is just such a great feeling. I love the new logo, the whole "made with raw magic" thing is very well represented by all those little cracks and glowy blue bits making it look like the letters of Bionicle are about to burst apart with all that magic inside them. The Mask of Creation looks killer, and the whole "quest for the masks" vibe is totally getting me pumped. 

I can't wait for January 2015. It's either gonna be when they release the sets or start doing some cool promotional thing, so either way it's gonna be great ^^

Welcome back, Bionicle. We've been waiting for ya :D

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

The whole discussion on Raw Magic and Pure Gold is silly because it's obvious the series is geared for kids. It always should have been too, but things got too teenagery in 2006. Now I loved 2006, but wasn't a huge fan of their advertising. I think a kid's simple storyline is what the story needs again. A level of magic and mysticism instead of the laws and properties of Protodermis and how it can be used. We don't NEED science. In fact, perhaps a little magic is what made the series so amazing to begin with. 

• Upvote 1

I...really don't know what to say. I'm stunned, honestly XD

To actually have it return after all this time, it seems surreal. I haven't the money to buy them all like I used to, but it seems legends cannot die as easily as we thought X3

Continue on, BIONICLE! Unity, Duty, Destiny! :3

• Upvote 1

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

As a fan of Bionicle from its inception in 2001 to its end in 2010, I can confidently say that I haven’t forgotten it once in the past five years. I have just about every set, I’ve read every single book and comic that I could manage, and remained a devout member to this website for years during that time. You could say I'm a BZPower veteran!

But I haven’t been among these forums for years. Devoted my time to other things.

During that time I finished high school and am currently attending college to earn a major in Interactive Game and Media Design. Found out I wanted to be a video game journalist about three years ago, especially since my primary hobby became video games after 2010 and when I discovered my talent for writing. I read, write, and talk about video games all the time and currently write for a website called Push Square. It’s awesome, hard work.

Never forgot about Bionicle though. Every now and then I’d look around at all of my sets, flip through the comics, and sit back with intense nostalgia thinking about all that Bionicle taught me with its story and the friends I came to know through it. It honestly was a significant influence on my life, and I have Greg Farshtey to thank for being one of the very few people who instigated my love for writing.

I haven’t purchased a Lego set in years due to their expensive nature, but I swore I would do it all over again if Bionicle were ever to be resurrected.

That day has finally come, and I couldn’t be happier or more surprised...even if it was a badly kept secret for the past month. :P

Welcome back, Bionicle! And hello again, BZPower! ^_^

Tahu-of-Terror

DrJoeystein

Edited by DrJoeystein
  • Upvote 4

ERMIGERD!!!!!!

It's back!!! It haz returned!!! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!

UNITY! DUTY! DESTINY!!! YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!! OHMIMATANUI!!! DEAR LAWD!!!!

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENNING!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

...Good by, wallet...

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

Praise Mata Nui! I had seen the rumors and alleged leaked images, but I remained skeptical. Today I came home from my last day of work before school and could not have been greeted by more joyous news in my FB news feed. THANK YOU Lego, for keeping the legend alive, and THANK YOU BZPower for staying strong through the last five years for us!!  :D

The Reference Desk I New Member Q&A I Bionicle Word Scramble

movielabel.jpg

qs76-1016292421.gifI scored 87%...

qs552.jpg...94% on this one...

qs552.jpg...90% on this one...

qs552.jpg...and 83% on this one.

I hope its a continuation and not are boot like someple are suggesting.

Also, lets hope Greg F is the author of any fiction.

He's not. He said so himself.

I, personally, am glad. I'd rather have some new blood, a fresh mind.

No more Greg? Oh... :<

Well, maybe you've got a point. In any case, I'm really excited to see what's going to come of a new story!

I'd like to point out, the mask of creation, as shown in the video, is on a pedestal, not possessed by anyone, and elevated to being even more legendary than it was. Wondering where this would put Artahka. Just something to think about.

I started wondering that, too, when the announcement referred to it as the Mask of Creation. Like, "Shouldn't that be attached to someone's face? Someone all-powerful hiding in a sanctuary that's faded into myth?" Hmm. But I guess we'll see.

Edited by Jahu

I wonder if the new BIONICLE is going to have a story bible, with the basic plot points already planned out, like the old one did.

And if so, I wonder how long it's going to take for people to complain about them "making it up as they go along".

Edited by Primis
  • Upvote 1

You have no idea how very excited I am right now.

It's funny; I'm honestly barely excited at all. It's nice that it's coming back, but I'm reserving all judgement until I have a real idea of what we're dealing with. A continuation? A "soft" reboot? A total reboot where we start off with Tahu et al. again on Mata Nui? Keeping in mind that they gave an accurate description of the Mask of Creation (a Kanohi that was in the story for like one minute), I'm really hoping they go with either of the first two.

It's been super-confirmed now. I'm just slightly sad I have to wait until October 9th to get more info. I don't want to see the leaks. I want it to be a surprise.

I do have to say the stone-looking motif is pretty cool looking, reminds me of 2001. The "Gold and Magic" remark doesn't help that, either. Can't wait for the story to see why, exactly, Arkahta's mask isn't in their possession anymore, if it's a reboot or something else...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

So apparently the site was up for a few minutes before being taken down.

There's just a big image of the Mask of Creation with energy swirling around it. Still exciting though! I never thought I'd be back on Bionicle.com again so soon! (used to be my most viewed website for sure, but you know how puberty goes) I can't wait to see what Bionicle.com will look like next year!!!!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg