LEGO Officially Announces the Return of BIONICLE

Hapori Tohu

So apparently the site was up for a few minutes before being taken down.

There's just a big image of the Mask of Creation with energy swirling around it. Still exciting though! I never thought I'd be back on Bionicle.com again so soon! (used to be my most viewed website for sure, but you know how puberty goes) I can't wait to see what Bionicle.com will look like next year!!!!

-NotS

You shoulda archived it with the WayBack machine!  ^_^

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

So apparently the site was up for a few minutes before being taken down.

There's just a big image of the Mask of Creation with energy swirling around it. Still exciting though! I never thought I'd be back on Bionicle.com again so soon! (used to be my most viewed website for sure, but you know how puberty goes) I can't wait to see what Bionicle.com will look like next year!!!!

-NotS

Did you take a screenshot of it?

Bliss.png

*clears throat*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

At long last Bionicle can reach that 10-year milestone it was always meant to have!

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz
  • Upvote 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

You shoulda archived it with the WayBack machine!  ^_^

Did you take a screenshot of it?

Unfortunately I personally did not. But a member on the BZP Facebook page did!

10686891_10203740066976425_7490405844417

EDIT:

The site can be found at http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle.

Interestingly, the site can also be accessed through http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/

Thank you Irafa!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

You have no idea how very excited I am right now.

It's funny; I'm honestly barely excited at all. It's nice that it's coming back, but I'm reserving all judgement until I have a real idea of what we're dealing with. A continuation? A "soft" reboot? A total reboot where we start off with Tahu et al. again on Mata Nui? Keeping in mind that they gave an accurate description of the Mask of Creation (a Kanohi that was in the story for like one minute), I'm really hoping they go with either of the first two.

Any of those options are fine with me, though I do prefer the same two options like you do.

jlovfkk.jpg

I read someone on FB suggest that this could be a prequel that takes place right after Artakha created the Toa Mata.

-NotS

I really doubt they do that, one of the reasons they cancelled the original series was because it got way too complicated. A prequel brings them right back to that big problem.

Bionicle for 2015.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the connection points for the "Mask Of Creation" look like minifigure helmet visor clips?

:kakama:   :m: :a: :s: :k:   :m_o: :f:   :s: :m_p: :e:  :e: :m_d:  :kakama:  

For the BEST BIONICLE reviews, podcasts, and more, Check out:

http://youtube.com/thethreevirtues

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Brothers and sisters, it is an absolute pleasure to once again be with you on this day. On this day, our lives begin again. My words are nearly gone and the tears come freely. All is right with the world.

"We were separate, and without purpose, so the Great Spirit illuminated us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty, and... Destiny."
— Turaga VakamaMask of Light

~KsrB~

Edited by Kuserab

If god gives you lemons,
Make orange juice,
And leave everyone wondering
How in the world you did it.

Odd.  I feel less ecstatic and more... satisfied.

Which is cool.  I like satisfied.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I'd like to point out, the mask of creation, as shown in the video, is on a pedestal, not possessed by anyone, and elevated to being even more legendary than it was. Wondering where this would put Artahka. Just something to think about.

I'm right here. Haha ;)

Also, "more legendary than it was"? The Mask of Creation was on the same level as the Vahi and Ignika last I checked BS01 (about 30 seconds ago)

Oh man, I made some seriously embarrassing squeeing noises when I found out about the announcement,,,  Anyway, I'm probably going to end up buying the sets regardless of what direction the story takes, but I'm sincerely hoping for some sort of continuation; just because the story got too complicated doesn't mean that everything needs to be done away with.

So, the Mask of Creation... does this mean we'll finally get a set of Artahka? :D  :begging:  :br:

I'm putting five cents out there that he turns up as a combiner.

^^^

That would be awesome, tho dificult if they wanted to stick to his grey-green discription

He probably had a colour-change or something.

So, the Mask of Creation... does this mean we'll finally get a set of Artahka? :D  :begging:  :br:

I wouldn't be a fan, considering, if we get combiners, I'd prefer it be the return of Toa Kaita.

Seeing the Kaita again will be quite nice. Although I've always wondered: would the Kaita formed by the Metru be the same ones?

Combiner or not, I too would love to have a set of Artakha!

tbh for some weird reason I'm expecting a combiner too. But then where would his mask come from?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Didn't think this would happen so soon after Bionicle ended. Looking forward to seeing the new sets and whether or not the story is a continuation or a full fledged reboot.

I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.