LEGO Officially Announces the Return of BIONICLE

Hapori Tohu

Soooooo....

Any ideas for new fads?

92% of teens have moved on to Hero Factory. If you are part of the 8% that still plays with real bionicle, copy and paste this into your signature.

That...is true. Hero Factory is not real Bionicle. It's Hero Factory. I don't really see your point.

AXKP5KC.png

To those of you poking fun at us naysayers, my feeling was that I would rather hang back and end up pleasantly surprised than to be onboard the hype-train during a derailment. Needless to say, I am the former. ;)

Long live Bionicle!

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

So, the Mask of Creation... does this mean we'll finally get a set of Artahka? :D  :begging:  :br:

I'm putting five cents out there that he turns up as a combiner.

I wouldn't be a fan, considering, if we get combiners, I'd prefer it be the return of Toa Kaita.

Toa Kaita please! Some of those Hero Factory combiners are great, so I have no doubt these would be too. 

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

I wonder if that actual mask is gonna be released as a set though. 

It will be. Every Legendary Mask has.

Not only that but they are putting emphasis on this mask in set form. I guess 2007 did so with the Mask of Life as well, but that wasn't really part of the logo until 2008 anyway. Not selling this would be an evil move by Lego. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Unless some time in the last year LEGO started making up parts they wouldn't produce for giggles, I would count on that.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

It will be. Every Legendary Mask has.

Very true to both. Though hopefully we don't need to spend a lot to get it. D:

• Upvote 1

The-Crew-Xbox-360-Ps3-Playstation-3-Wall

I am going to walk into Legoland, on January 1st, or whenever they release the sets. I will have Classic Pohatu Mata in one hand, and $200 in the other. I will gaze at the new sets, talk to my Pohatu model (yes, I talk to my Legos), and jokingly say "Hey Pohatu, nice boomers." And then I will proceed to buy all the new sets, go home, and watch Mask of Light whilst building them. And my life will be complete.

• Upvote 7

I am going to walk into Legoland, on January 1st, or whenever they release the sets. I will have Classic Pohatu Mata in one hand, and $200 in the other. I will gaze at the new sets, talk to my Pohatu model (yes, I talk to my Legos), and jokingly say "Hey Pohatu, nice boomers." And then I will proceed to buy all the new sets, go home, and watch Mask of Light whilst building them. And my life will be complete.

^This sounds like such an amazing plan.^ It's funny but I had a feeling that it wasn't the end for Bionicle and I rode this hype train all the way to the station of happiness! I can't wait to see what the sets look like. 

P.S. Looks like Bzpower has a new spinny on the way, how kind of TLG to animate it for you guys already XD

• Upvote 1

halo-reach-review-top.jpg

Who knows about the new spinny? You should see this

Lol.

I don't have a LEGOLAND, but I just realized that I have the ability to do online shopping now. Maybe I'll actually use S@H for the first time. xD

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

There's a new LEGO Store opening right by my school soon, so when the sets come out I'm going to do exactly that :P 

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

There's a new LEGO Store opening right by my school soon, so when the sets come out I'm going to do exactly that :P

Don't think there are LEGO Stores near my place, so I'll have to resort to Toys R Us.

Alas.

There's a new LEGO Store opening right by my school soon, so when the sets come out I'm going to do exactly that.

Near your school! You are very lucky!

I just noticed the mask of creation has a really "motion-able" face. What I mean is that it seems designed with the purpose of easing the job of animating it when talking and expressing the wearer's emotions. New movie coming?

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

I just noticed the mask of creation has a really "motion-able" face. What I mean is that it seems designed with the purpose of easing the job of animating it when talking and expressing the wearer's emotions. New movie coming?

Hm, never noticed that. Movie is a maybe but TV show is a definite in my opinion

I'm in France, wich means Lego is as remote as Olympus Mons and Bionicles like the aliens residing there.

In detail; people around here vaguely heard of something about Lego and don't even know what a Bionicle even is.

so... no Lego stores here within a 1000 mile radius :begging:

Yeah I noticed too.

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Yes! We've waited four years to hear this news and now having five years past, Bionicle make its triumphant return to shelves! These dark times be terrible but looks like persistent and Ninjago really got Lego to rethink their market strategy (plus I think they hit a jackpot judging by the amount of craze and hype its given rise to in the Internet).

• Upvote 1

pokebannerforzaktansnake.png
Credit goes to Bundalings for the Signature!

Soooooo....

Any ideas for new fads?

92% of teens have moved on to Hero Factory. If you are part of the 8% that still plays with real bionicle, copy and paste this into your signature.

That...is true. Hero Factory is not real Bionicle. It's Hero Factory. I don't really see your point.

It's a parody of the stupid "92% of teens have moved onto rap. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're part of the 8% that still enjoys real music" signature fad back in the day.

I don't think it would make much sense for Artakha to be a combi model. Even if he were, it wouldn't answer the bigger question, namely "what set would this mask appear in?"

I also wonder if there's any chance of the LEGO Group doing a gold mask sweepstakes with the Mask of Creation like they did in 2001.

Edited by Aanchir

Soooooo....

Any ideas for new fads?

It's a parody of the stupid "92% of teens have moved onto BIONICLE. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're part of the 8% that still enjoys real music" signature fad back in the day.

Don't you mean "Rap"? XD

• Upvote 1

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Soooooo....

Any ideas for new fads?

It's a parody of the stupid "92% of teens have moved onto BIONICLE. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're part of the 8% that still enjoys real music" signature fad back in the day.

Don't you mean "Rap"? XD

Yes I do. I got my mix all talked up. :P
  • Upvote 1

I just looked through my old Stars sets (which have been fitted into their canisters for about 2 years now) and saw all the broken ball sockets. I hope they will use improved sockets, like they've been doing with Hero Factory.

• Upvote 2

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

I'm in France, wich means Lego is as remote as Olympus Mons and Bionicles like the aliens residing there.

In detail; people around here vaguely heard of something about Lego and don't even know what a Bionicle even is.

so... no Lego stores here within a 1000 mile radius :begging:

There are four LEGO stores in France (see the list here). Google tells me it's only 708 miles from the northernmost tip of France to the southernmost, so there's got to be a store somewhat close to you.

I also wonder if there's any chance of the LEGO Group doing a gold mask sweepstakes with the Mask of Creation like they did in 2001.

Nah, why would they rehash that old idea? It's not like it built up a lot of hype or anything back in the day.
  • Upvote 2

I'm thinking Artakha will be a combi model using pieces of any Toa bigger than the others, maybe all 6 if they don't use too many pieces from each set, that can be built with the sets but will be also sold as a separate set that includes the MoC (like Takutanuva). If the MoC clips over other masks like it's been speculated, it'll just clip over whichever mask they put on the non-retail combi model. Maybe the retail combi model will have some pieces recolored to even out the color scheme, like the energized Jetrax.

I want there to be, Lewa, mask packs, and some way to make a really good custom Hero Toa.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I just looked through my old Stars sets (which have been fitted into their canisters for about 2 years now) and saw all the broken ball sockets. I hope they will use improved sockets, like they've been doing with Hero Factory.

I don't think there's any reason to worry about that. Why would LEGO return to using an obsolete joint style? As far as I know most of the parts that used those kinds of joints have been either replaced with newer, sturdier versions or discontinued entirely.
  • Upvote 3

Wooohoooo.

Just hope that they're not gonna try and do a complete re-boot or use up too many old story lines. The enemy here already looks like a certain spider enemy that we had before  <_<

Also, hope hope they're not exactly like what the Hero Factory were too.

Either way there's a great opportunity here to make something that was great even better. Just hope that they have the right people in place to do that!  :D

~T:ToT~

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

Don't think there are LEGO Stores near my place, so I'll have to resort to Toys R Us.

Alas.

I'll probably TRU it too. I live in a city with a TRU close by now, so I don't have to actually have to make a trip specifically to check out TRU anymore. It's actually quite awesome and I never thought of it this way until now. xD

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg