LEGO Officially Announces the Return of BIONICLE

Hapori Tohu

I'm in France, wich means Lego is as remote as Olympus Mons and Bionicles like the aliens residing there.

In detail; people around here vaguely heard of something about Lego and don't even know what a Bionicle even is.

so... no Lego stores here within a 1000 mile radius :begging:

There are four LEGO stores in France (see the list here). Google tells me it's only 708 miles from the northernmost tip of France to the southernmost, so there's got to be a store somewhat close to you.

Amazing! In all of France there actually are four Lego stores!

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

If I do buy any sets, I'll probably go to me local Target or Wal-Mart to purchase them. The closest Lego Store to me is about a half a hour drive away from my house, while the other two stores are about five minutes away pending on traffic. 

Either way, I most likely will buy a few of the sets, so I guess it doesn't matter where I buy them. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This is amazing. Can't believe it :D :D :D :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:. I will definitely follow the story and sets.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

Word almost cannot encapsulate what I felt yesterday when I read the official news. I was on the road to another job, and I had stopped to eat lunch and get gas for my car. As I sat to eat, I checked my phone. Naturally, I had to go to BZPower. It was the right thing to do, to return to that site which was the bearer of so many great BIONICLE news articles, set reviews, and speculative editorials way back when I was 14 and BIONICLE was in its heyday, with many great years ahead of it.

Reading the article about Lego's reveal of BIONICLE's return was cathartic. So much has changed in my life since Journey's End. It was only a little over four years, but in that time I worked my first internship, graduated college, started my career, and am now on the cusp of completing an important promotion that will put me into the next stage of professional life. In that time, many works of fiction in various media caught my eye and my attention. Tron Legacy. The Mars novels of Edgar Rice Burroughs. The Assassin's Creed series of games. There was enough to fill my attention, both from work-related challenges and the diversions I enjoyed in those rare, precious moments I had with my family or on vacation.

But, buried deep within my childhood's heart of hearts, I never forgot BIONICLE. Toa figures collected dust in their canisters, and comic books sat sealed in plastic bags, but I never forgot the legend of six heroes with one destiny. Or of a universe that was more than what it appeared, with a villain formless, fearsome, and filled with an all-consuming desire to show that universe that it was Darkness, not Light, that held sway over the multitude of Creation.

In my darkest moments, it was things like BIONICLE that seemed to be part of another life, a dream of something wonderful and fun and intriguing in a mundane and unfeeling world. It was hard to imagine a time when BIONICLE could exist again. And so, I resigned myself to Fact of Life #9,461,880: BIONICLE is over, and it is not coming back. Move on with your life, and don't concern yourself with that toyline again.

And yet, here I am today. I am at work (during a surprising period of lull in activity). I am posting in the hallowed digital hallways that make up the BZPower forums. I am allowing the inner child to come forth to exclaim in exuberance that adult me was wrong; that Fact of Life #9,461,880 was NULL and VOID. BIONICLE is back! Let that statement ring from every Lego fansite! BIONICLE is back! Tell all your old friends who might have also forgotten their inner youth! BIONICLE is back! Dig out those old Toa canisters and show off your old sets with pride, for though they are the past, they are heralds as well of the future that is on its way. BIONICLE is back!

Whatever this Mask of Creation brings to the story, it is undeniable that it brings also the birth of a new era in our lives. It brings not only the return of some cool toys, but hopefully, also the return of our mighty community. United in fandom, bound by a duty to follow and appreciate the story and its facets...join with me, young and old, optimist and skeptic; join with me as we shout across cyberspace the words we've longed to say for many years:

BIONICLE is back!

• Upvote 11
Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

Soooooo....

Any ideas for new fads?

92% of teens have moved on to Hero Factory. If you are part of the 8% that still plays with real bionicle, copy and paste this into your signature.

That...is true. Hero Factory is not real Bionicle. It's Hero Factory. I don't really see your point.

It's a parody of the stupid "92% of teens have moved onto rap. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're part of the 8% that still enjoys real music" signature fad back in the day

Oh, I know that. It's just those things usually made some sense. There were better ways to phrase that than Hero Factory vs. Real Bionicle. I was just being snarky.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I keep having dreams of playing with the new Gali. This is just too much for me

Last night I had a dream that I had a rare golden mask that looked like a noble Huna merged with an Avohkii and then a strange picture of a Toa appeared on my monitor. Then that Toa made a creepy scream and I woke up.

What the ...

• Upvote 1

97fbefa58de6a357f47187fd56bc8076-d6d4bzl

I just noticed the mask of creation has a really "motion-able" face. What I mean is that it seems designed with the purpose of easing the job of animating it when talking and expressing the wearer's emotions. New movie coming?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

One of the first things I noticed about the close up is the fact that the mouth area looks a lot like how the mouths were designed on most masks in the Miramax movies.

Holy cow, holy cow. I am unbelievably amazed this is happening. And its definitely the Mask of Creation too!! But wait. Why isn't Arthaka wearing it then? Did he die and someone stole it? Is he giving it away for for a raffle?

I'm really keen to know the time that this will be set in. My guess is that it'll be an extremely long time after the final saga. This means that they don't need to account for how Kopaka and Pohatu got back from the Red Star just yet. Man, I am so pumped!

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

What's up guys.

Let me start off by saying that although this is a new account, I used to frequent BZPower back in the day but rarely post, and I don't remember my old login. But I've been a fan since the beginning. Bionicle was litterally my entire childhood. I still have nearly every single set, comic, book, movie, game, you name it. can't wait to see what this new generation is like. No matter what, I'm sure it will be great. Part of me hopes it's a loose continuation, but I think a reboot might be good for the series. Only time will tell.

Beyond that, I don't have much else to say that hasn't already been said. I haven't bought a Lego set in years, but as soon as these come out I'm going out and buying the new Tahu, playing MNOG and listening to that old "Bionicle Music" CD that came out way back when. A new era is upon us my friends. Unity, duty, destiny.

• Upvote 1

Gods I'm so jealous!

The closest thing I got to buying a Bionicle would be sitting nearly an hour and a half in a bus to go to Perpignan! >.<

I keep having dreams of playing with the new Gali. This is just too much for me

Really? You two should get married!

No... no don't do that.... evurr!

When I told my friends Bionicle was back, they had no idea what I was talking about. That doesn't change the fact that I feel like I'm 8-15 years old again!

Same here.

Some kids don't even know what Lego is here!

That news headline was totally surreal to read. I can barely believe that it's finally been confirmed. I can only imagine what my reaction would have been had I not been aware of the many hints pointing at the strong possibility of a return. I'm still super excited, in any case! 

Still struggling to fully comprehend that this is actually happening.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

All these people with 10+ year spinnies showing up again...so many memories.

I would've had one if I'd known about BZPower a lot earlier XD

But its true many people are creeping back on the forum now that Bionicle is returning.

I myself now have a reason again to be actually active around here!

I've seen a lot of familiar names that I haven't seen a lot of since Bionicle ended back in 2010. Seeing them again brings back some great memories for me. :) I can't wait to see everyone responses to the information about the new Bionicle when it becomes available. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I was following BZP for quite some time, and Bionicle 2015 rumours actually made me create an account

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here! :)

I've seen a lot of familiar names that I haven't seen a lot of since Bionicle ended back in 2010. Seeing them again brings back some great memories for me. :) I can't wait to see everyone responses to the information about the new Bionicle when it becomes available. 

I feel the same way. Haven't seen Adventurer in a long time.

• Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

I logged in for the first time in years to say this:

"Sweet."

Holy Kanohi, now there is a username and avatar I haven't seen in a long, long time. Always good to welcome back another elder member from the "good old days"!

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

This makes me really glad. BIONICLE was such a huge part of my childhood, and I was heartbroken when the line ended, and then when Greg stopped doing the serials. I am overjoyed to hear about this. 

Anyway, the fact that it's the Mask of Creation leads me to believe that it will be a continuation, as if I recall correctly Artakha was just starting to become a major character when the serials ended. That also really makes me happy, I really thought that the story was going somewhere great, and it's good that it will be able to be continued. I'm also very disappointed in all of you that didn't like all the complexity. I loved the complexity. That's what made BIONICLE great. 

By the way, the BIONICLE Facebook page said they're going announce a small thing on Friday, and the rest will come at ComicCon. I'm very exited to see where all of this will lead. 

I miss BIONICLE.

I'm also very disappointed in all of you that didn't like all the complexity. I loved the complexity. That's what made BIONICLE great.

It wasn't complex like a masterfully crafted story, it was complex like someone who builds a machine from scratch and tacks things on on a whim and never bothers to take them off, even if they don't work.

Sure, it will be complex. There will be gears and mechanisms everywhere. But it will be far from a perfectly intricate machine, and instead will more than likely break down and grind to a halt, like Bionicle indeed did.

• Upvote 3

I'm also very disappointed in all of you that didn't like all the complexity. I loved the complexity. That's what made BIONICLE great.

I don't think complexity was the issue, I think the problem was that various media had various story information scattered about. How many kids were really able to get to read The Crossing? Or Journey's End (which is a crying shame)? How many kids were able to keep up with the various serials updating around the same time frame? Or all those guides that had more information that became referenced nonstop?

Nah, I don't think Bionicle was at all convoluted in any way. I think the problem was how they put out the story, and by putting it out in various fragments it became a problem for kids trying to jump in.

TAK

• Upvote 1

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

I don't think complexity was the issue, I think the problem was that various media had various story information scattered about. How many kids were really able to get to read The Crossing? Or Journey's End (which is a crying shame)? How many kids were able to keep up with the various serials updating around the same time frame? Or all those guides that had more information that became referenced nonstop?

Nah, I don't think Bionicle was at all convoluted in any way. I think the problem was how they put out the story, and by putting it out in various fragments it became a problem for kids trying to jump in.

TAK

Yeah, you'd have stuff only found here in Comics, stuff only there on Bioniclestory, stuff over there in Journey's End which was unavailable to most ...

TAK

Yeah, you'd have stuff only found here in Comics, stuff only there on Bioniclestory, stuff over there in Journey's End which was unavailable to most ...

Yeah, Star Wars is in many ways very complex, with a large character base and all the stories that follows them.

The only problem with Bionicle is that it was really hard to keep track of everything.

Closest LEGO Store to me is about 2 or 3 hours away, I think, so I'm not gonna be going to one to buy Deh Bonkles. Unless I happen to be down there or something (unlikely).

I'll just buy them at Target/Kmart/Walmart/etc., or maybe online?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)