Solid Gold Mask of Creation

Tuuli

It might be highly unlikely, but it is a thought. I'd like to hope it's not the only way to obtain said mask.

This might be in the same light as how the "golden mask of life" was gold..

I certainly wouldn't mind Lego making a few solid gold Masks of Creation. But I highly doubt that they will. As others have said, it's probably just a description. 

Though if a gold Mask of Creation did exist, I would hope they would show it at NYCC. :)

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm not sure LEGO would invest in a Mask of Creation like they did with the gold Haus many years ago. With more data to pull from and higher gold prices, they wouldn't go near this kind of promotion unless they absolutely knew that it would be profitable in the long run.

However, my inner fan is basically screaming about how cool this would be.

• Upvote 3

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Gold is a soft metal. The mechanism of attaching this particular mask applies small amounts of stress to somewhat thin bits of material sticking out the back.

After a few uses, a solid gold Mask of Creation would be completely useless as a mask.

I suppose that doesn't matter as much with a mask that will most likely be on separate display, but it's worth thinking about.

The mask of creation was made by the great beings as one of the first parts of the matoran universe.
I would be plausible that it would be made out of elements from the 'real world' such as gold combined with the godlike 'magical' powers of the great beings.
This would explain only the Great beings know how to create another. 

Having a competition for a solid gold one in real life would be rather great.

- Roki

• Upvote 1
sigflower4.png

Wasn't there a solid gold Hau back in the day or something?  Like, actual gold?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Wasn't there a solid gold Hau back in the day or something?  Like, actual gold?

Yep, it was given away in a website contest (which Binkmeister won!) There apparently 14 of them and they were given away for promotional purposes. Would have loved to have had one. Would've made a kickbutt necklace/bling

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Doubt they'd make a solid gold Mask of Creation for a promotion. At least, for now. Would be an unnecessary expense (especially seeing that they're just bringing the franchise back).

But that's the thing. The budget for the theme is probably higher than usual because they need to promote this return as much as they can. They know it's a big deal, so they're going to put their all into the marketing.

At the end of the day, the solid Gold Hau was a marketing ploy in itself.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

That sounds interesting, but as has been said it seems more like a description than anything. But a solid gold mask competition would be interesting. Sadly though exclusives like gold masks and such are sad because not everyone can get it...  :(

If they decide to make a gold mask of any kind I can see them making it chrome gold rather than solid gold.

Id actually think they'd do it through a comic promotion, like with the golden haus (if DC decides to continue Bionidle comics).

Alternitivly, if they're going to go the 2001 & 2004 route (Original Toa & Vakhi), they could be given away in special canisters towards the end of the storyline, or as a bonus in kanohi boxes if they decide to go down that route again. (Just as normal masks though).

I dunno. Something like that would be cool though.

I wouldn't be surprised if a talented artist in the community with sufficient resources makes a solid gold version of this even if an official one isn't produced or given away.

The amount of gold it would take to make that would be very hard to afford for one person of a regular income. (unless you don't feel like eating for a while)

Plus you'd have to be VERY good at that type of stuff. Getting it wrong would be a very sad thing. Plus this mask in particular has a LOT of details that would be especially difficult to capture accurately.

I wouldn't be surprised if a talented artist in the community with sufficient resources makes a solid gold version of this even if an official one isn't produced or given away.

The amount of gold it would take to make that would be very hard to afford for one person of a regular income. (unless you don't feel like eating for a while)

Plus you'd have to be VERY good at that type of stuff. Getting it wrong would be a very sad thing. Plus this mask in particular has a LOT of details that would be especially difficult to capture accurately.

I know it'd be expensive. But then again, they could easily sell it online for a profit. At the very least I can see someone casting one in a less expensive metal like brass.

I don't remember the name of the member who used to remold masks in metal back in the day... wonder what they're up to now.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Slightly off topic, but how does this attach? I watch the ttv podcast, and they were speaking about how there was a clip on the back of the mask, much like the visors on the invasion from below heroes. This makes me wonder if only masks of power will be on a clip, or of all masks will clip on? If you have seen bionicle legends of metru nui, you will remember Vakama put the mask of time on over his normal mask of concealment. Does this mean the toa will be able to put this mask on over their normal mask? Just speculation, but in any case, BIONICLE IS BACK!!!!

db76a003-790e-461b-a18a-fa88a856ee11_zps

Check out my reinforced double ball cup!

A solid gold Mask of Creation as a contest prize would be a great way to promote the return of Bionicle. It's unlikely that LEGO would do such a thing, but not impossible seeing as they did just that with the solid gold Haus back in 2001.

Yes, but it's been a while since LEGO did a solid gold item giveaway. Last one that comes to mind is the solid gold C3PO minifig, which was back in, like, 2007-08.

Slightly off topic, but how does this attach? I watch the ttv podcast, and they were speaking about how there was a clip on the back of the mask, much like the visors on the invasion from below heroes. This makes me wonder if only masks of power will be on a clip, or of all masks will clip on? If you have seen bionicle legends of metru nui, you will remember Vakama put the mask of time on over his normal mask of concealment. Does this mean the toa will be able to put this mask on over their normal mask? Just speculation, but in any case, BIONICLE IS BACK!!!!

Nobody really knows how it will attach. The clips are the most likely answer, but who knows until we get more information on the actual sets themselves.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

They could do it, but I hope they release a plastic version too.

A building contest with the mask as a prize would be awesome.

There is absolutely zero chance that Lego would produce a mask in solid gold and not in regular plastic. Gold is too expensive to make more than a few masks in, and molds are so expensive that Lego wouldn't even consider making one just for a part which wouldn't go into wide circulation.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It might be highly unlikely, but it is a thought. I'd like to hope it's not the only way to obtain said mask.

This might be in the same light as how the "golden mask of life" was gold..

Hmm, now there's an idea. BTW, LOVE your avatar! I'm also a Masterpiece Transformers collector, and have Hasbro MP10 myself. :)

That sounds interesting, but as has been said it seems more like a description than anything. But a solid gold mask competition would be interesting. Sadly though exclusives like gold masks and such are sad because not everyone can get it...  :(

If they decide to make a gold mask of any kind I can see them making it chrome gold rather than solid gold.

On TFW2005, I asked if people would like to see a chrome Hau again, and the idea of a gold chrome Mask of Creation came up on there. Hopefully one or both of those happen!

They also did the platinum Krana-Kal that was in some packages as well. Oh, and the platinum Avohkii.

-NotS

If we get the Avohkii again, would be nice to see them do the platinum thing again...or better yet, make it silver to differentiate it.

I don't remember the name of the member who used to remold masks in metal back in the day... wonder what they're up to now.

Are you talking about Flintsmith? He's still casting masks in metal afaik.

What? I NEED.

They could do it, but I hope they release a plastic version too.

A building contest with the mask as a prize would be awesome.

There is absolutely zero chance that Lego would produce a mask in solid gold and not in regular plastic. Gold is too expensive to make more than a few masks in, and molds are so expensive that Lego wouldn't even consider making one just for a part which wouldn't go into wide circulation.

What about the gold Haus and Platinum Avohkii? Also the Sterling Silver Krana-Kals and the white metal Krana-Kals.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015