Mask of Creation Mosaic

xccj

15108319447_45f5fd11fc_z.jpg

Bionicle-Mask-of-Creation-Mosaic by Xccj, on Flickr

This is a quick mosaic I put together of the new mask we've seen in the promo. As of today, we know it's the Mask of Creation... or I assume it is, so I'm just going to roll with it.

I designed this one mostly by eye, since my favorite mosaic-generating program no longer works for me. The shapes is not quite as... elegant as it is in the promo shots. Like, if a mask could be overweight, this mosaic would qualify. But it gets the basic idea across. I was also relatively lucky that I had a large quantity of yellow and orange bricks from previous mosaic projects, as well as some medium blue from pic-a-brick. The color that eluded me the most here was brown, and I pretty much used up my collection of small bricks and plates in that color. (Not to mention the need to sort out the old and new shades of brown.) And then I put the letter tiles at the top reading "BIONICLE 2015" although I only had one "I" tile so the second "I" had to be a rotated underscore symbol.

Not the best Bionicle mosaic ever, but not bad for just a few hours to design and build. Going to have this one at BrickCon.

:music:

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 9

That is pretty cool, but I would swap the I and the 'underscore-I'. I think it would flow more. I didn't even see the 'underscore' at first because of the spacing between the I and the B.

The mask itself is really cool. You did this by eye? I wish I was that good at visualizing.

Most impressive! I feel like the eyes are a little bit big though, but that might just be me. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

That is extremely cool. I really wish I could see it in person! I'd leave some constructive criticism, but I have no experience making things like these, so I'll let other people handle that. Great work, and I hope you make something else like this when we finally get more Bionicle 2015 info! ;)

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles