Looking for Gold Vahi

Turaga Majice

With BIONICLE coming back and the Mask of Creation in the fore, I'm looking back at my collection of legendary kanohi. And I notice that while I have, like, all the variations of the Ignika, I have not even one Vahi. And that seems just wrong. I've got an orange vahi on the way, but I want me that gold one. I want it bad.

I'm willing to negotiate on price. I can offer money, and I suppose I can offer pieces as well, but I really don't have anything rare to trade; just a decent amount of duplicate parts.

Side Question: Just so I know what I'm getting into precisely. Does the gold vahi have a plus-rod connector (having been made in 2005), or does it have the circle-connector that 2001-2002 masks had?

If you want a gold Vahi, then I believe that BZP member huh has a few spares; I've just bought one off him myself. And by the way, do you happen to have any multiples of the Toa Mata Nui Ignika? I'm actually trying to get a full Legendary Kanohi collection as well. :D

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

Thanks for the info, guys. I sure do hope I'll still be able to make use of the vahi in MOCs with the new BIONICLEs a-comin'. That's one of the reasons I wanna get a gold one. Orange doesn't go with a lot of other colours, but gold can go with just about any of them.

If you want a gold Vahi, then I believe that BZP member huh has a few spares; I've just bought one off him myself. And by the way, do you happen to have any multiples of the Toa Mata Nui Ignika? I'm actually trying to get a full Legendary Kanohi collection as well. :D

I'll give him a PM, thanks! I have duplicate Toa Pohatu, Lewa, Kopaka, Gali, Tahu, Onua, Makuta Antroz, Vamprah, Chirox (two duplicates, apparently), upon inspection. No extra Ignika. Sorry, man.

Is that the one that comes with the special Vahki? I think I have one.

Yeah. My research says it came with special vahki canisters, as well as in an "Ultimate Creatures Accessory Set" tub. I could buy one of those on ebay for $200, which gives two of them, two discs of time, and a whole bunch of old parts that I'm not sure I could find use for. So far, I'm hoping to get a better deal than that, with the kind folks here. If you're interested in selling yours, please lemme know!

Edited by Turaga Majice

Are there different variants? I eBayed it and it looks bright orange, not gold. Mine is the gold one.

Yes, there are two different colors. The Orange Vahi were promotional masks available in 2001-2002. The Gold Vahi were included in specially marked Vahki, I believe they were exclusive to Toys R Us. In the story, the original Mask of Time was gold colored, but after the Metru Nui saga it was cracked and damaged by seawater so it turned Orange.

- John

Are there different variants? I eBayed it and it looks bright orange, not gold. Mine is the gold one.

Yes, there are two different colors. The Orange Vahi were promotional masks available in 2001-2002. The Gold Vahi were included in specially marked Vahki, I believe they were exclusive to Toys R Us. In the story, the original Mask of Time was gold colored, but after the Metru Nui saga it was cracked and damaged by seawater so it turned Orange.

- John

Which one is more valuable?

• 2 weeks later...