BIONICLE Comics on Android, iOS Possibility

Toa Kopaka TJByrum

There are Apps you can download (for free) on Android and iOS devices that reads .cbr and .cbz files.  Those two files are 'comic book' files that the aforementioned Apps can read and display on your iPods, phones, tablets, or whatever.

If I could get a hold of BIONICLE comics from the internet (cause I know there are some websites with all of the comics on them) and save the images them convert them into a .cbr or .cbz file I can make them available for download and we can read the comics wherever we are.

Of course, this is assuming it is legal.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva

I personally don't think it's worth the trouble converting all the comics to the .cbr format when the readily available PDF versions can be read on Android and iOS just fine. I don't see too many advantages to the .cbr format on mobile devices or any device for that matter. It could increase the ease of reading a bit, but I'm not sure that's really worth it.

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

I successfully download JPEGs of the very first BIONICLE comic (The Coming of the Toa) and converted them into .cbr files, loaded them onto my iPhone 4S and flipped through the pages.  It was fairly easy and quick to do and didn't take me any longer than 2-3 minutes for one comic.

The site I visited has comics all the way up to the Glatorian storyline and I plan on getting all the way there, but it will take some time.  Once the Mata Nui line is finished I'll try to find a way to upload them so others can download them as well.  Next would be Metru Nui, then Voya Nui, then Mahri Nui... and on from there; I lost myself after all of that.

I'm still new to all of this by the way, so I am not entirely certain where to upload - or even how to upload files.

@XONAR:  That's true, but I prefer them as .cbr's and saved on my iPhone, so while I do that I will go ahead and make them available for everyone else too.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva