Ninjago: Even Heroes Need a Vacation

Behind The Camera

Hello, one and all! I have just finished my entry into the Ninjago Monster Contest, so here it is!

After a long day of fighting the forces of evil, even the heroic ninja need a vacation, so what better place to unwind and have some fun than the tropical paradise of LEGO Island?

Ninjago_on_LEGO_Island.jpg

This piece features ninja Jay Walker pulling off some moves on a stunt ramp in a friendly competition with Pepper Roni. I've had the idea of featuring Ninjago characters relaxing on LEGO Island for some time, but I have now realized that vision with this piece! If you have any thoughts, comments are always welcome.

• Upvote 2

This looks really good. :)

I really like how you've drawn the Ninja. The  details on them really help them stand out. I also like that you put some items in the background. 

The only nitpick I have is that the ramp could've been a different color, just to help it standout a little more. Maybe like a light brown or something like that. 

But still, this is a neat drawing. Good luck in the contest!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

DAT NOSTALGIA HITS SO HARD

On a more serious note, I like this piece. You've done a good job of communicating movement and action through the characters' poses. I'd like to see a little more detail, though. The sky could be darker, and what's a skate park without some sick graffiti? Nevertheless, this is a fun little piece, and you have my utmost respect for bringing back Pepper Roni. :)

Good job, and best of luck!