New video game?

masterchirox580

Well seeing as to how bio is due for a return next year one question I have is will there be a new video game for the theme? In the past lego have produced quite a few video games for the theme, most of them differed in gameplay style and genre with the last one being released in 2006. So my question is do you think a new game will be produced and what will the gameplay be like?

It's time to move on.

Pie in the sky: an MMO.

More realistic: A PC/Console game that follows the general storyline. Maybe a shooter, platformer, or action RPG.

Most realistic: Bionicle Heroes 2.0.

I would love to take a Bionicle Heroes 2.0

You know... with more content beyond the inital levels. It has to be on par with currrent Lego games like Lego Marvel or even The Complete Saga.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Pie in the sky: an MMO.

More realistic: A PC/Console game that follows the general storyline. Maybe a shooter, platformer, or action RPG.

Most realistic: Bionicle Heroes 2.0.

I would love to take a Bionicle Heroes 2.0

You know... with more content beyond the inital levels. It has to be on par with currrent Lego games like Lego Marvel or even The Complete Saga.

TAK

I dunno. I don't dislike Bionicle Heroes, but since it barely has a story (and what story there is is totally non-canon), I don't really care for it all that much. If they came out with something on par with the current games, though, especially if it follows the story (or at least A story), I'd be satisfied.

SMOLG: Spherus Magna Online Game, following the new chronicler in an adventure across Spherus Magna following the new Toa, all told through Flash. :P

Probably more mobile games like HF's Brain Attack.

• Upvote 2

I don't think that Bionicle will get any new games for consoles or handheld gaming devices in 2015. I think Lego will wait and see how the theme does with its return before deciding if they should make Bionicle games for those systems. 

However, I do think that we will get online games on the new Bionicle site. Maybe like MNOG or something similar to the games HF, Ninjago, and Chima have gotten online.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm perfectly fine with another Bionicle Heros or another MNOLG game. I just want LEGO to come up with something so cool, and so remember-able that we all will still talk about it today. Just like they've already done. I highly predict some app games to come out, since that's what the kids play these days. 

YES PLEASE.

All I want is a Bionicle MMOG, laik c'mon let's be real here. It has so much potential for good game-play rather than Heroes. Customize-able characters and everything. Don't even tell me that won't sell! Then again look at what happened to Lego Universe.

If anything I'd at least like a new Tales of the Tohunga or something. A new MNOG would be great as well. I'm not really sure if we're realistically going to be getting a video game right away, but I think it's bound to come eventually.

And please, none of that mobile Brain Attack junk...

Edited by Banana Gunz

Honestly, if LEGO took bionicle as seriously as Batman 3 or any of that sort, they will make money. 

Like lets be real here. Market towards the kids and teens and adults that enjoyed everything about Bionicle and then add in what's current and you'll make money. 

But by what's most important is the quality and attentive attention to game making. Don't make makeshift video games. MoL for the gamecube was the epitome of make-shift style game creation. Just...no... 

I've got it. Lego should make an MMOG MNOG. Not only is a great acronym, it will give fans two of the things they most desire...at the same time!

What do you mean? 

I'm reading that acronym as "Mata-nui Online Game" twice...

Look more closely (I was intentionally making it a bit confusing). M M O G (as in, massively multiplayer online game) is the first one.

I've got it. Lego should make an MMOG MNOG. Not only is a great acronym, it will give fans two of the things they most desire...at the same time!

What do you mean? 

Look more closely (I was intentionally making it a bit confusing). M M O G (as in, massively multiplayer online game) is the first one.

OH (x10)! I get it now! sorry I love video games and read about it all the time, but that one TOTALLY sailed over my head.  :P

What do you mean? 

OH (x10)! I get it now! sorry I love video games and read about it all the time, but that one TOTALLY sailed over my head.   :P

Hahaha. I'm glad you get it now. :)

What do you mean? 

OH (x10)! I get it now! sorry I love video games and read about it all the time, but that one TOTALLY sailed over my head.   :P

And yes, I agree. LEGO should make a Bionicle MMO. But of course, I'd have to postpone college for a couple of years...

What do you mean? 

And yes, I agree. LEGO should make a Bionicle MMO. But of course, I'd have to postpone college for a couple of years...

What's a couple years of college, compared to a couple of years on Mata Nui? :P

What do you mean? 

IDK, maybe they could design a game like minecraft, but for Bionicle. Then the world would buy the game and LEGO would take over the world. 

What do you mean? 

IDK, maybe they could design a game like minecraft, but for Bionicle. Then the world would buy the game and LEGO would take over the world. 

That would be pretty great. I, for one, welcome our new Lego overlords.

(But as cool as Minecraft is, nothing beats an MMO with the MNOG's art style. Nothing, I tell you!)

I was actually dreaming of a BIONICLE AAA RPG a few days back, and I decided, since my dream is to become a game designer, that I will make that game someday. I'll try and get the license from LEGO, hopefully get Greg Farshtey involved, and I will make it. 

The game will be a turn-based RPG where you play as a Toa whose element you pick at the beginning, and along the way you'll find Kanohi masks that you can equip and use in and out of battle. It will be set at some point in the 100,000 year history of the Matoran Universe, and it will have a huge open world, with the entire robot being available to explore. You'll meet younger versions of many major characters, and the moral decisions you make will affect the direction of the story (but not so much that it will contradict established canon), and the way that NPCs talk to you.  There will be no predefined main story, and instead you will forge your own through your selection of sidequests, all of them feeding into one another. There will be many wild Rahi to fight, and many easter eggs to find. You'll be able to discover new lands, go on many quests that allude to the main story, and join organizations (such as the Dark Hunters). And, when you've reached 100% completion, you can go find Velika, and he'll tell you the truth about the origin of the Matoran Universe.

Anyway, that's my dream BIONICLE game that I hope to make someday. What do you guys think?

• Upvote 2
I miss BIONICLE.

I was actually dreaming of a BIONICLE AAA RPG a few days back, and I decided, since my dream is to become a game designer, that I will make that game someday. I'll try and get the license from LEGO, hopefully get Greg Farshtey involved, and I will make it. 

The game will be a turn-based RPG where you play as a Toa whose element you pick at the beginning, and along the way you'll find Kanohi masks that you can equip and use in and out of battle. It will be set at some point in the 100,000 year history of the Matoran Universe, and it will have a huge open world, with the entire robot being available to explore. You'll meet younger versions of many major characters, and the moral decisions you make will affect the direction of the story (but not so much that it will contradict established canon), and the way that NPCs talk to you.  There will be no predefined main story, and instead you will forge your own through your selection of sidequests, all of them feeding into one another. There will be many wild Rahi to fight, and many easter eggs to find. You'll be able to discover new lands, go on many quests that allude to the main story, and join organizations (such as the Dark Hunters). And, when you've reached 100% completion, you can go find Velika, and he'll tell you the truth about the origin of the Matoran Universe.

Anyway, that's my dream BIONICLE game that I hope to make someday. What do you guys think?

That would be incredible. My social life would come to a screeching halt if such a game were released. The one thing is that a full-scale version of the whole robot would take years and years, and many millions of dollars, to develop. I'd recommend limiting the scale to keep it manageable. (Think about it: Skyrim feels huge, but it's only about 16 square miles. It's been massively scaled down from its size in Elder Scrolls lore.) It might also be hard to make a game with wide appeal that doesn't have a main quest, so maybe pick something interesting from the backstory, flesh it out, and make that the main quest. (I think that knowing the direction of the main quest will also help you decide the overall tone you want the side quests to have.) Also, to keep it from feeling "gamey" (i.e., things happening because you made an accomplishment, not because of character motivation), I wouldn't have Velika reveal anything under any circumstances. I don't think he would EVER do that. Of course, I'm just some random guy on the Internet, so if you don't agree with me, don't sweat it. :P But if you could somehow be involved in getting something like this made, it would be INCREDIBLE.