What Should Lego Do To Lead Up To Bionicle 2015?

DTCulliton

Yes we all know Bionicle is returning in 2015. But how should Lego lead up to the new sets.

Examples: A wickedly awesome commercial, A foreboding teaser poster like what they did with the Rakshi or my personal favorite, Re-releasing all Bionicle sets with each year having all sets on stock for one or two weeks.

They need to release sick stylized teaser posters of the sets so we can drool over them. 

Oh I'm sure we'll get something like that in a Club Magazine eventually...

Right? :(

TAK

I was thinking more like the cool wallpaper/posters we used to get online. :shrugs:

Also, the Lego movie had a few more stylized images they released as mini-game awards. I'd like to see that sort of thing go on, especially as Bionicle did it before, in 2008 if my memory still works.  

I think a regularly-updated teaser site would be a good move. Perhaps in the months leading up to next year they could update the site with the characters and settings, one tribe/element at a time.

Of course, that's assuming they don't reveal ALL the sets at NYCC. But even in that unlikely event, I think introducing the characters and world slowly would do more to ease new fans in and maintain fan engagement for the rest of the year.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

They need to release sick stylized teaser posters of the sets so we can drool over them. 

Oh I'm sure we'll get something like that in a Club Magazine eventually...

Right? :(

TAK

I was thinking more like the cool wallpaper/posters we used to get online. :shrugs:

Also, the Lego movie had a few more stylized images they released as mini-game awards. I'd like to see that sort of thing go on, especially as Bionicle did it before, in 2008 if my memory still works.  

I remember the Phantonka game doing this, and more awesome wallpapers would be great, too. I need to change mine.

TAK

Edited by Toa TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

My idea is regularly updating the website with little games/teasers/clips to drive people nuts (kind of what Ninjago did when it first came out). Give really vague and interesting sneak peaks that end up making you ask thousands of questions and theorize based on tiny details. It'll drive people (like me) crazy, but that's what will just hook them even more. Make a big release date/countdown so people are just itching until that day. This all sounds like such a pain but it would be real successful.  :P

• Upvote 1

I would like to see teaser posters released that showed off some of the upcoming sets in action. I also like the idea of a regularly updated teaser site. Nothing that gives away too much. Just little tidbits of information every now and again, like a teaser video or something like that. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Five words. 

The other four Toa Hagah. 

Woah there, I'm currently on their page on the BS01 wiki.

Talk about coincidence.

TAK

Ok. The return of the ultra awestacular Toa Metru design or something like that. Also I thought of a new way for Lego to advertise Bionicle 2015, Collectibles Poster! :ahhh:

Guys seriously, if LEGO really addresses the product sales like they did with 2001 to 2006 (beyond that, IMO they got lazy), we could have twice as better collect-ability! It'll be flipping amazing!  :o  

• 2 weeks later...

Although I know a lot of people might hate this idea, I would love to see mask packs return, or each set come with a random mask in their color, because it would help bring back that nostalgic feel, though they come with gold masks as well as masks in their color, another mask would be amazing to see, like the bohrok sets of 02' did, just a thought. and release more than just one villian, and tiny little 5-6 piece "spiders" because the whole world isn't just spiders everywhere, there are rahi, actual rahi, the spiders are a push in the right direction though.

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I'm amazed how a lot of people's suggestions for what Bionicle should do in the lead up to the 2015 sets is "release 2014 sets". Surely there's no way that releasing sets tied to the old story in the lead-up to the new one's launch would confuse customers and sabotage the new theme's sales, leading the revived Bionicle to an early grave, right?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother