I have a question in regards to Matorans!

So... since Mata Nui and all the other islands were destroyed... where do the Matoran on Spherus Magna currently reside? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've been recently coming back into Bionicle (left after Bionicle recently ended) and was wondering where the Matoran were at... anyone got any answers for me please? Thanks!  :)

Also... Matoran*

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I think they're just living in a big camp outside the MU robot. Same with the Agori. The story left in an interesting place: with everything floating around with no particular place. There's basically only one setting in Bionicle now: Spherus Magna. No villages (that we know of), no nothin'.

• Upvote 2

I remember hearing that the Ta-Matoran went to live with the fire tribe and all of the other Matoran went to the respective tribes, but that brings up another question. Where are the Vo-Matoran, Ce-Matoran, Su-Matoran, Fe-Matoran, etc.

They were either saved or just not mentioned - they didn't do anything drastic to the story, so I guess we'll never know.

My headcanon is that the Matoran and Agori are living in New Atero with the Glatorian and Toa serving as a protection against the Skrall/Baterra/Rahi/Skakdi (well, pretty much everything else, I guess). The Ta-Koro Guard and similar Matoran organizations act as an internal police force while the rest of the Matoran integrate into society wherever they're useful, like Vo-Matoran working to provide the city with power, Ga-, Onu- and Ko-Matoran sharing knowledge, Ba-Matoran farming and Po-Matoran becoming architects.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well, think if it this way: the story froze during migration, therefore every character is stuck in the space-time that they were last mentioned. All we know of every MU inhabitant is that they're moving to SM and attempting to cooperate.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

On Spherus Magna.

Well I'd imagine that when the 2015 line of sets come out time will have passed from Teridax's defeat and the matoran will have settled in, so yeah

Bionicle 2015 is a reboot.

Now, that hasn't been explicitly confirmed yet. Strongly hinted, yes, but not confirmed.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, we know the Mata Nui (Makuta) giant robot ended up near the coast of what is now restored as the southern ocean (the Great Sea; Aqua Magna), somewhere south of the Agori habitations we saw in 2009 story. Presumably those who fled the Matoran Universe are camped somewhere near the giant in that vicinity. They will probably remain camped there until the Toa find a good place for New Atero, and during the salvaging operation of the giant robot.

So, that's actually pretty clear. Since there's no real landmarks that we were told of around there, we don't need to know much; it's all just general paradise forestry everywhere. :P

The main open question is where New Atero will be located.

Another is just how much of the previous Agori towns/etc. survived all these events. We know Atero didn't, and the Skrall at least damaged some of them. If enough of that is intact, some of the MU beings might move temporary camps to around there. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Another is just how much of the previous Agori towns/etc. survived all these events. We know Atero didn't, and the Skrall at least damaged some of them. If enough of that is intact, some of the MU beings might move temporary camps to around there. :shrugs:

I thought the Agori towns were the pieces of the prototype giant that got brought together for Mata Nui and then got...destroyed. I sincerely doubt there is anything of that is of value to anyone. 

• Upvote 1

Based on where the serials left them, they were apparently living together with the Agori in whatever temporary settlement, hence the need for Tahu, Ackar, and Kiina to constantly have to mediate between them.

And while the illusion Sahmad landed in obviously didn't happen, I can't help but feel that it hints that an Agori/Matoran mixed society will happen, especially since that's the very first mention we get of a New Atero. How the heck Annona picked up on MU inhabitants is another story I'll save for some other time. EDIT: Never mind; I forgot that Sahmad's Tale extends past the Mata Nui-Makuta battle.

Edited by Kyori
  • Upvote 1

I thought the Agori towns were the pieces of the prototype giant that got brought together for Mata Nui and then got...destroyed. I sincerely doubt there is anything of that is of value to anyone.

The Agori used those as habitation too, yes, but I was referring to the parts outside those that we saw in 2009. :)
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)