Hero factorys end

Herokid7589

Hi. im new to the lego toy fan group (i learned about lego around 2013), and hero factory captured my imagniatoin. i notised that something called "bionicle" is coming now, and was wondering if lego will stop making hero factorys?

if they do. i will be verry sad :( and mad at lego. hero factory had an awasome storys, and if thy kill hero factory, i will probubly stop buying legos and throw away my sets.

LEGO NEEDS TO KEEP MAKING HERO FACTORYS

• Upvote 1

Please be more polite and respectful. If you're going to be rude, just don't say anything. -B6
If you don't know what Bionicle is, it was a immensely popular Lego theme that ran from 2001 to 2010. The ending of Bionicle received a lot of backlash from fans, and Hero Factory was never as popular as Bionicle was. Now that Bionicle is returning, you should give it a try. It was a story that inspired millions of kids for a decade, and new Bionicle will probably be almost as good. If you got into Lego in 2013, then you were only really able to experience one or two years of the Hero Factory story. It is a perfect time for you to get into Bionicle. 

Lego will not be making more Hero Factory sets, though. This is the last year.

(Sorry, I was trying to correct him in a polite way.)

Edited by RahkshiToa88
  • Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Hi. im new to the lego toy fan group (i learned about lego around 2013), and hero factory captured my imagniatoin. i notised that something called "bionicle" is coming now, and was wondering if lego will stop making hero factorys?

if they do. i will be verry sad :( and mad at lego. hero factory had an awasome storys, and if thy kill hero factory, i will probubly stop buying legos and throw away my sets.

Welcome to the fandom! :D

Hero Factory was a new theme that followed Bionicle (A toyline that started in 2001, I got into in 2004, and ended in 2010). It introduced a revolutionary building system and a new universe for fans to explore and create heroes and villains. HF received a lot of backlash when it replaced Bionicle, but over time, the fans accepted it and made it a part of the fandom. While I wasn't a very big fan at the beginning, I gave it a try and found that it was a really fun building system to work with. I was sad to see Bionicle go in 2010, and I'm a little bit sad that HF is leaving us too, but Bionicle is a theme that LEGO saw a lot of people loved. Even though the sets won't bear the same name as Hero Factory, they'll still use a similar building system. Like the Chima Ultrabuilds and Super Hero sets.

And don't throw away your sets, it's a waste of money. It would be easier to sell them or give them away. But if you do decide to keep them, all of the pieces will be compatible with the new Bionicle sets. So use those pieces to make characters of your own and make your own story if you're not happy with what LEGO's doing. :)

• Upvote 2

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Interestingly enough, Bionicle is, in fact, an older Lego theme being brought back, and when it ended 4 or so years ago, a lot of its fans wanted to stop buying Legos and throw away their sets, as well as make dozens of petitions and bash Lego to try and force them to bring it back. That accomplished nothing.

Bionicle was a well-known and highly popular Lego action figure theme in its day (it helped save Lego from bankruptcy) with its own awesome story that lasted from 2001-2010, and is Hero Factory's predecessor. Hero Factory was created because Bionicle ended, and I guess Lego decided to increase their sales by changing their main action figure theme to something new and fresh. (New & fresh to the current generation of young Lego fans.)

Don't look hard on Bionicle because it is replacing Hero Factory. Bionicle fans looked hard on Hero Factory when it replaced Bionicle, yet it became a great theme as well. Not as successful as Bionicle, but still a great theme. It also introduced the modern action figure building system: the Character / Creature Building System, or CCBS.

Both themes are great, but you can't have both at the same time, and Bionicle fans have been wanting this to happen for 5 years. So don't throw away your sets yet (actually, don't throw them away at all) and give Bionicle a chance. Don't throw away your toys because a toy company isn't doing what you want them to. Lego can't please you and everyone else at the same time. If you try to please everyone, you please no one. Lego isn't a company that just does whatever their fans want. (If they did, they'd be bankrupt.) They do what is best for sales, and so far, that's working out very well, seeing as that they just became the largest toy manufacturer in the world.

So yeah. Don't throw away your awesome sets and give Bionicle a chance.

• Upvote 3

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Wow, this pretty much 2010 in reverse. o_O

Anyways, first, welcome to the fandom, Herokid! There's nothing I can say that the others here haven't already, but I'll just add to the choir of please don't throw away your toys!

I was myself a little upset when Bionicle ended into 2010 and Hero Factory was being introduced, but that never stopped me from treasuring all the sets I've collected over entire 10 year run. Heck, I was part of the crowd that didn't like Hero Factory initially, but over time the story and characters grew on me, even if it never really pulled me in past the first couple waves.

We don't know what Hero Factory's future is right now, though it doesn't seem likely they'll be running alongside Bionicle for long. But please please please do not give up on your interest just because it ends. I assure that it is 100% possible to enjoy both Bionicle and Hero Factory, and honestly you just might find the magic in Bionicle that drew us old timer fans in 13 years ago.

So, don't feel sad, okay? :)

Edited by Kyori
  • Upvote 9

'Bout time!

^ Sensitivity training 101: be anybody but this guy.

I can't entirely tell if this is a serious post or a joke post parodying the way many BIONICLE fans overreacted to that theme's original ending, but even though I'm leaning towards the latter, I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and give it a serious answer.

There's no reason to throw away good LEGO just because you feel upset about a theme ending. One day, you might regret doing something like that. If you feel you must get rid of it, give or sell it to somebody who will appreciate it.

Ending is just one of the things that stories do — those few stories that go on indefinitely without any sort of hiatus or reboot are generally not known for their quality. But no matter what happens in the future, remember that as long as you enjoyed the Hero Factory theme while it was still around, that time was not wasted. LEGO is entertainment, after all, and the goal of entertainment is to help you have fun.

In the meantime, BIONICLE might surprise you and turn out to be something you'll enjoy. The new BIONICLE sets will be using the same building system as the Hero Factory sets you loved, so if you enjoy building with Hero Factory sets, you'll probably enjoy building with BIONICLE sets as well. And even if you don't like the story you can still buy the sets to enhance your Hero Factory collection with new parts and colors.

• Upvote 15

Man this is weird... 2010/2011 all over again except in reverse.

I hadn't actually considered the fact that Bionicle is actually replacing the line that originally replaced it... anyway, Bionicle 2015 will probably use the same building system as the Hero Factory sets, so it'll still be the set designs that you know and love, just under a different banner.

• Upvote 1

Whoa, major deja vu. Sorry to hear that you're sad about Hero Factory's end, but don't fret, it can come back in the future! Please don't throw away your current toys, they'll be compatible with BIONICLE's sets next year and in the future will gain quite a lot of value. You might also want to give BIONICLE a chance, it's Hero Factory's predecessor. Who knows? You might like it!

• Upvote 1

You, sir, are making me feel old. :P

Anyway, I'm sorry that you're so distressed. Look at it this way, Hero Factory is ending, but LEGO constraction figures will continue. Hero Factory was fortunate in being able to continue beyond three years. Until recently, Bionicle was the only non-licensed theme to run consecutively for more than three years. I'm almost certain that Bionicle is to thank for the longevity of Hero Factory. And don't throw away your Hero Factory toys, they'll be compatible with Bionicle. Sure the style will be different, but I think you'll be surprised by some of the similarities.

But here I go prattling on about Bionicle without explaining what it is. Bionicle, essentially, is the story of beings who are biomechanical, meaning that they are mostly mechanical, but have some organic bits as well (mostly tissue.) So you could be forgiven for mistaking them for robots. Anyway, the good Bionicles are trying to awaken their "Great Spirit," Mata Nui, who has been cast into a deep sleep by his "brother," the Makuta. Most of the main characters are part of the humanoid Matoran species. Each Matoran belongs to a certain element, such as fire, or water, or stone. Now, there are special members of the Matoran species called Toa and Turaga. A Toa is larger than a regular Matoran, and can use the powers of his element, as well as of his mask ("Kanohi.") The Turaga are generally revered as elders, and are between between regular Matoran and Toa in size and power. They too can use Kanohi powers. There are, of course, other biomechanical species, some intelligent, some beasts (called "Rahi.") I don't want to bore you with eight-and-half years of story, so, suffice to say, it turns out that Mata Nui is a giant robot, and that everyone, including the Makuta, was created to keep him running. That's why Bionicle is short for "Biological Chronicle." Eventually, Mata Nui is awakened. What happens then, I'll leave for you to find out.

Anyway, I think that if you loved Hero Factory, you'll love Bionicle even more. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it in a LEGO catalog when I was five years old. Now, thirteen years later, I still love it, and I am greatly excited for its return. I strongly suggest you give Bionicle a chance. I don't think you'll regret it.

Start by reading the comics, and if you want to know more about the Bionicle universe, read BS01, the most reliable of Bionicle wiki's (though wait until you've read enough of the comics, or you'll risk being hopelessly confused.)

Oh, and of course, welcome to the fandom! Long may you stay!

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

im gonna miss hero factory i will miss the advertisements they would do in the early days of hero factory i will miss the mini movies never thought i would say the movies but okay and i will miss most the hero recon team and yes its old and i do have a hero factory recon team character that i made at the time and i have the box instructions and stickers and the exclusive chest piece but i will miss it because when bionicle began and ended i was to young get this i was 10 years old when the bionicle stars came out and i bought bionicle sets at the time okay and i have all the star sets but returning to Hero Factory i will miss it i will miss: Surge Breeze Furno Stormer Bulk Rocka Nex Evo and specialty Stringer 

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Wow, that sounds saddening, Herokid. I'm sorry to hear that you are going to miss Hero Factory, but you don't have to stop buying Lego sets and throw away your own ones. If you do, you may become more depressed. So, there is no reason to do these things. You could still keep, so you can play and rebuild them.:)

Since I can see that you love Hero Factory and probably don't know what Bionicle is, even though I don't know how old you are, but Bionicle can be as great as Hero Factory, too. I'll tell you how. It's all started in 2001 when Bionicle is first released. Bionicle is a Lego action figure toy line (or we BZPower members, or BZPers for short, would like to call a "constraction theme", which is a mix between "construction" and "action figures") like Hero Factory. Bionicle was created to save Lego itself from bankruptcy, which it did succeeded in doing so.

Bionicle had been around from 2001 to 2010. It became a very successful theme. During its life, it always had an awesome building system that always changes every year for great variety. It also became so famous that it got its own large media, like four direct-to-video movies, video, card, and board games, novel books, comics, etc.

It has a story like Hero Factory, too. It is about heroic bio-mechanical beings called the Toa trying to reawaken a sleeping spirit named Mata Nui and save the universe from evil villains and monsters, including the most evil of them all, the Makuta a.k.a. Makuta Teridax. The Toa got a lot of friends, Turaga, Matoran, and more, to help them with their quest. Through the story, there are a lot of secrets being revealed, and it turns out that the spirit is actually a giant, 40-million-feet-tall robot created by a group of powerful beings called the Great Beings to fix their destroyed planet called Spherus Magna. Mata Nui is also literally the home of many islands filled with the Toa and other people like them. Anyway, it is a great story.:) It is told in the media and one of the reasons how Bionicle was successful.:)

It also inspired us to make fan things about it, such as Lego creations and stories of our own.:)

Bionicle had been an awesome theme for many people, and us BZPers, but sadly, it was cancelled in 2010. This is because Bionicle caused Lego to have economic problems, so Lego had no choice but to cancel it. This however, made many fans of Bionicle very depressed and heart-broken. So, that's how we got Hero Factory, it was meant to replace Bionicle in the same year to cheer us up, but things aren't the same without Bionicle. It may have ended, the story still continued, so that's another thing to cheer us up.

Bionicle and Hero Factory are similar in some ways, like the building system.

Bionicle had been nothing but a memory for four years, but now, Lego officially announced that Bionicle will return in next year, 2015. We are all excited about this, so we are celebrating it.:)

To learn more about Bionicle, you can go to Bionicle's most reliable source with information, www.biosector01.com .

It seems that while Bionicle is returning, Hero Factory is ending. Many of us grew to like it, like you do, do we are sad about it, too.;( You see, it seems that we may not be able to keep two toy lines at once and we are going to miss Hero Factory, but we will remember it in our hearts, like we did for Bionicle.:)

Well, I am going to miss the characters in there, including my favorites, Stormer, Furno, Rocka, Surge, everyone. But, there are some things unresolved, like the story and the TV series. I wonder what would happen to them? Hmm...

Well, anyway, therefore, Herokid, you don't have to stop buying Lego sets or throw your own away. You would not enjoy them if you do. You can keep and be happy with them by playing and rebuilding them into your own creations to make your own characters and stories. Bionicle will be and look like Hero Factory next year, and hopefully, it will be as great as Hero Factory, so you could enjoy Bionicle as much as Hero Factory. You can also like Bionicle like that when you learn about it.:)

Anyway, welcome aboard to the fandom, Herokid! It's nice to meet new people like you, too.:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Whoa, major deja vu. Sorry to hear that you're sad about Hero Factory's end, but don't fret, it can come back in the future! Please don't throw away your current toys, they'll be compatible with BIONICLE's sets next year and in the future will gain quite a lot of value. You might also want to give BIONICLE a chance, it's Hero Factory's predecessor. Who knows? You might like it!

You're right... :P

Good luck, hang in there! Everything will be okay! :)

Given that the whole HF section of BZP is inactive now, I'd say it's probably over lol.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. The Ninjago and Chima subforums are just as inactive as this one (perhaps moreso), but both of those themes WILL be continuing. The inactivity of the HF subforum on BZP has less to do with the theme's success or failure and more to do with how difficult it can be to keep any discussion that's not about Bionicle going on this site.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

As a LEGO fanatic, seeing LEGOs getting thrown out is just enough to make my heart stop. Please don't throw your LEGOs in the trash, dude! It's a waste of money and fun! Besides, I think you should give Bionicle a chance. It's an epic tale about six elemental heroes who team up to stop any evil threat that comes their way (sound familiar?) while on a quest to save the entire universe from the most powerful evil force they've encountered. Back in the day, Bionicle was LEGO's ultimate original theme and had the second-longest run time of any LEGO theme, only surpassed by Star Wars. The sets are amazing, the characters are fun and memorable, and it's the story of countless childhoods, mine being a part of that statistic. I can't force you to like Bionicle, but please give it a chance if you're willing. I'm positive that you'll love Bionicle just as much as Hero Factory. I'm sure of it. :)

mindeth the cobwebs