The Future Looks Bright From Turaga Beach

Hapori Tohu

Fan art from one of the franchise's original creators is every bit as cool as an actual teaser, in my opinion! It's a bit of a shame Faber's role in the new BIONICLE won't be as extensive as his original role (judging from the comments), but this still makes me excited for the new BIONICLE!

If everything Greg does with BIONICLE is official, and that is his excuse for not writing the serials as fan fiction, then why isn't everything done with BIONICLE by Christian Faber canon?

Quoting Greg Farshtey:

I cannot speak to what anyone else does. I would also point out that Christian is not a direct employee of LEGO. He works for an outside creative agency employed by LEGO Company.

Faber works for ADVANCE, so I guess they have different rules/standards there?

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Apart from all that speculation; the art is simply amazing. The Turaga with the iconic Bionicle symbol at the top of his staff, looking onto the sea... a really beautiful scene.

I also liked how he described the picture. Calling us fans the Turaga who have great knowledge but yet cannot see into the future.

It's really sad he isn't going to continue doing the artwork for the future Bionicle storyline.

He was an excellent artist, that no one can deny. Especially since most of Bionicle's magic derives from his promotional work. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Anyone else notice that this image and Faber's picture are kind of similar? You can even sort-of see the Great Spirit robot in Faber's image.

That's esxactly the same sky! And now that you mention it... the silhouette of the Great Spirit Robot is clearly visible. Does this mean something? I can't imagine him taking that exact same picture without a reason, even it it's not anything official.

Edited by Vorred

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

The Turaga is a fast drawing made from memory so it is kind of all Turaga and non specific. It is set on the skybackground of the original Mata Nui standing poster with the shadow still hanging in the haze. I read a comment on BZPower about a village of Turaga that is living close to Turaga beach where they are waiting for news. This is a fantastic image that instantly creates pictures and ideas in my mind. Bionicle is such an amazing block of clay that can be shaped into the coolest adventures. Love that some of the feeling from back in 2000-2002 is back:)

Also, the text reads "Shadows of the Past meet rays of the future on Turaga Beach." Given that this picture has a shadow of the Makutabot (how fitting), I think that's the shadow. Then we have the new day cutting though - an intersection of old memory and new hope.  

I didn't notice the MU robot's silhouette in the background at first. Now that I do see it, I think that this piece of art is even cooler. 

Now I really hope Faber at least does a few promotional poster for new Bionicle. Especially if they would look as good as this.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Guys I'm so sorry about this I didn't realize it was fanart.

Hey, no worries about that, it's still a really cool picture. Thanks for reporting it. ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

My pleasure. Turns out there are benefits to being up at ungodly hours here on the east coast.

And hey, I got a proto boost. My first ever.

Seriously how is this my first proto boost in five years.

Edited by flynn58
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else notice that this image and Faber's picture are kind of similar? You can even sort-of see the Great Spirit robot in Faber's image.

Ha, I knew that sky seemed familiar. Nice catch.

-Gata signoff.png

That's esxactly the same sky! And now that you mention it... the silhouette of the Great Spirit Robot is clearly visible. Does this mean something? I can't imagine him taking that exact same picture without a reason, even it it's not anything official.

What? I already saw from the start it the same sky...

Didn't bother mentioning it because I thought it was obvious...

*shrug*

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Ha, I knew that sky seemed familiar. Nice catch.

-Gata signoff.png

What? I already saw from the start it the same sky...

Didn't bother mentioning it because I thought it was obvious...

*shrug*

The "nice catch" referred to the silhouette of the Mata Nui robot, I'd missed that.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I've been thinking about this picture, and about the fan community, and about the Matoran life cycle. We started out as Matoran, learning the legends and the ways of the Universe as our Turaga--Greg, Faber, Hapka, and many others--lead us through the stories. As Bionicle came to an end, we were handed the spirit of their creation for safekeeping. We became the Toa Protectors. Now, we are Turaga, having held onto the soul of those legends, ready to teach them to a new generation of Matoran. Ready to teach them the way...

...of the BIONICLE.

Aaaaand now the picture is my phone's wallpaper and I am PUMPED! Turaga Tomana here, reporting for duty =)

• Upvote 1

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

You do realize that it is impossible to do that staff in set form, right? :P

That's one of the reasons why "BZPower staff sets for 2015" is so absurd. It would also be pretty weird for, say, bonesiii, Black Six or -Windrider- to walk into a Lego store and see their name on it.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015