Alright, since New Bionicle is coming out next year and new fans are sure to find their way to BZPower, I propose that we make new fads.

One of my ideas is everyone or many people changing their avatars to Turaga Vakama standing in front of the sacred fire.

Another idea is for members to put the Mask of Creation in their signature. This one seems to have started already.

Anyone else have any ideas for a new fad, or multiple?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Hmm thats a very good point, there should be some new fads!

I really like the idea of having the Mask of Creation in most people's signature, but ill have to think of some fads myself and post them later :)

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

How about no? We don't need silly fads. 

We may not need them, but new Bionicle fans might enjoy them. BZPower has had many fads over the years as it journeyed through the Bionicle story. There are new fans, and fads were an integral part in BZPower's history. The duck, the pony craziness, the disk-trading, plushies, etc. 

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I'd like to see everyone change their username to Vladimir Putin, accompanied by a sweet little profile picture of him. You never said the fad had to be Bionicle specific.

Edited by UngluedBike
  • Upvote 5

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

If we're just stating things we want to catch on, even with knowledge that stating in a topic like this they should catch on is a terrible idea, I propose mustache Tahu.

tumblr_nc8b6qvFpu1r7sjqoo5_400.jpg

Did you make that?

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

How about no? We don't need silly fads. 

We may not need them, but new Bionicle fans might enjoy them. BZPower has had many fads over the years as it journeyed through the Bionicle story. There are new fans, and fads were an integral part in BZPower's history. The duck, the pony craziness, the disk-trading, plushies, etc. 

Stop trying to force fads.

• Upvote 2

AΨ 94

Fads/memes/in-jokes will develop naturally when a single member or small group of members do something others naturally want to do as well. Trying to organise them either fails or produces low quality or forgettable fads and what not. I'd say also that people using the Mask of Creation as a signature/avatar isn't really a "fad" as we've tended to refer to them on this site (at least from what I've seen), just more of a common symbol (not best wording to differentiate what I mean, I feel my vocabulary has deteriorated over the past few years. :P).

That being said I hope the community flourishes enough again soon that we start seeing little cultural things like that popping up again, they're quite fun to take part of/observe. :)

• Upvote 1
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

the only acceptable fad are tuggles

miss those things so much

those droyd things I recall were also pretty cute and fun to make and caught on like wow

(i'd credit the creators of them but I honestly cant remember who they are)

I guess if you wanted to manufacture a fad you'd have to make a simple, cute, easy to build thing that has wide appeal (granted those are the only fads I actually ever remember)

Edited by Kitania
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

the only acceptable fad are tuggles

miss those things so much

those droyd things I recall were also pretty cute and fun to make and caught on like wow

(i'd credit the creators of them but I honestly cant remember who they are)

deaddude was the creator of Droyds, as can be seen on his Brickshelf, linked to in his profile. I don't quite recall who created Tuggles; I think that may have been a bit before my time.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

Kapura'd is quickly becoming a fad (in place of Ninja'd), but I can't find the original post...

I'm not really a fan of this particular fad. Everyone understands "ninja'd", but if they weren't a fan of Bionicle way back in 2001-2003 they won't understand "Kapura'd" (heck I had to go back and look it up to see how it made sense).

The thing is, fads are a naturally occurring phenomenon: It's not something that manufactured, exactly. People don't stand in a room and go "okay, we need a new fad, it has to feature this, and be out by this date." That's making a product. not a fad. A fad is someone doing something silly or having a little widget in their sig, and someone else does it because they think it's cool, and then others join in the fun, and before you know it it's all over the forum.  And it's not something that's required for a community or a forum. It's just something that happens, then catches on.

I'm sure that as we get more members and the community grows, the fads will catch on of their own accord. 

• Upvote 1

Defy Expectations

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, as much as I'm looking forward to the new fads new members will bring, they aren't something you can just 'make'.

That being said, brakelatabasaasta feed me.

Edited by Kung Fu Pyro
  • Upvote 3

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Do not fear. The BZP staff are hard at work creating the hottest and newest Bionicle memes the people want and crave. Each meme goes through a rigorous testing process and refinement to ensure that only the most hilarious and spontaneous memes come to you, the members.

• Upvote 14

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Do not fear. The BZP staff are hard at work creating the hottest and newest Bionicle memes the people want and crave. Each meme goes through a rigorous testing process and refinement to ensure that only the most hilarious and spontaneous memes come to you, the members.

You're no supposed to tell them that we randomly edit member signatures and posts to insert our scientifically-created memes!

Oh wait...

• Upvote 12

You're no supposed to tell them that we randomly edit member signatures and posts to insert our scientifically-created memes!

Oh wait...

"99% of BZPower members had nothing to do with creating this fad. If you are one of the 1% who still watches real fads, copy and paste this into your signature." 

or something idk

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...