Confusing... (Read to find out)

Ok everyone well this may sound like a dumb question but I have always been confused with the events that occur at the very end of the Legends of Metru Nui movie where the Toa transform into Turaga by saving the Matoran, the reason this confuses me is that it doesnt seem like at this point the Web of Shadows movie events could have occurred in such a small amount of time. 

My question is, that if those events at the end of LoMN were meant to be set after the WoS was over, then why was there such a small amount of Matoran being saved on the beach compared to what there seemed to really be?

And why did it seem like when Vakama looked back at Metru Nui for the last time, that none of those events had ever happened (like the Visorak Horde and non movie events like when Vakama fought the Shadowed One and Makuta)?

I know, confusing right... 

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I've seen estimations that place Metru Nui's Matoran population at around 1,000. It wasn't a very big island.

It also could be that there were other groups of Matoran pods that the Metru had already unsealed, and the one seen in LOMN was just the last.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the last part about Vakama looking back.

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I've seen estimations that place Metru Nui's Matoran population at around 1,000. It wasn't a very big island.

It also could be that there were other groups of Matoran pods that the Metru had already unsealed, and the one seen in LOMN was just the last.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the last part about Vakama looking back.

Ok well i meant when he looks back at the city for the last time before entering Mata Nui

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!

Maybe Turaga Dume, the Rahaga and Keetongu had already cleaned up the webs in the part he was looking back at. It did take them a long time to clean up the whole place, though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, it would have taken them ages to clean up those webs

Edited by randomreviewerbros

I would imagine it took them several trips to get the Matoran from Metru Nui to Mata Nui. He could have looked back on their first trip before the Visorak invaded. But the end of Legends of Metru Nui had a lapse in time to progress from what happened, to how they ended up on Mata Nui. As to why there weren't that many on the beach, I would say because of artistic license. It is why a lot of cartoons have fewer fingers. it costs money to animate everything, and if they can cut a corner with still getting the message across, chances are most companies will do it.

~Xeo~

I would imagine it took them several trips to get the Matoran from Metru Nui to Mata Nui. He could have looked back on their first trip before the Visorak invaded. But the end of Legends of Metru Nui had a lapse in time to progress from what happened, to how they ended up on Mata Nui. As to why there weren't that many on the beach, I would say because of artistic license. It is why a lot of cartoons have fewer fingers. it costs money to animate everything, and if they can cut a corner with still getting the message across, chances are most companies will do it.

It only took two, actually. One trip to bring over the five Disk Matoran, and the second trip via airship following the events of the Visorak invasion and Time Trap. They never returned to Metru Nui upon becoming Turaga.

• Upvote 1

There is a gameboy game called Maze of Shadows. I think it is the only canon game since it was based off a book. Reading about or aquiring either should solve some of your questions.

And BTW, Vakama is awesome.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

the reason this confuses me is that it doesnt seem like at this point the Web of Shadows movie events could have occurred in such a small amount of time.

When the second movie's script was written, the Metru Nui flashback was only going to consist of 2004, and by the time it was extended into 2005, it was too late to change the movie to reflect that. So in the movie's context, the Vakama looking back part occurs either right after Makuta is sealed up or once they've returned back to the island for the other Matoran capsules, and then the beach scene is once all the capsules have been collected.

I think it's up to you to decide exactly where in between these points the 2005 stuff happened.

Edited by Sir Kohran

I thought the "looking back" part would be on the first trip with the six disktoran. Though frankly I view the entire scene as non-canon anyway because the Toa were on a ship on the way out of Metru Nui the first time, and on an airship the second. They never "walked out". 

(Technically, there was a time when they walked in Voyage of Fear, but Metru Nui wasn't visible from there, and they weren't carrying Matoran canisters.)

the reason this confuses me is that it doesnt seem like at this point the Web of Shadows movie events could have occurred in such a small amount of time

I don't understand the question -- it took the time it took which is shown in 2005's story. Could you clarify?

My question is, that if those events at the end of LoMN were meant to be set after the WoS was over, then why was there such a small amount of Matoran being saved on the beach compared to what there seemed to really be?

This is the same basic question being discussed in this topic (I'm assuming "seemed to be" refers to the Coliseum crowd scene):

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14404-how-many-matoran-were-on-the-island-of-mata-nui/?p=727718

That link shows my post that sums up what happened there. Posts above in your topic here already give the short answer so yeah.

And why did it seem like when Vakama looked back at Metru Nui for the last time, that none of those events had ever happened (like the Visorak Horde and non movie events like when Vakama fought the Shadowed One and Makuta)?

Yeah... :P I don't understand this question either. How could Vakama looking at Metru Nui make it seem like any events there didn't happen?

I've seen estimations that place Metru Nui's Matoran population at around 1,000.

Just to be clear, those aren't estimates. It's confirmed. :) See fishers' post in the previous topic here:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14404-how-many-matoran-were-on-the-island-of-mata-nui/?p=727266

RahkshiToa88, on 23 Sept 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:snapback.png

Maybe Turaga Dume, the Rahaga and Keetongu had already cleaned up the webs in the part he was looking back at. It did take them a long time to clean up the whole place, though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, it would have taken them ages to clean up those webs

Okay correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're saying there was some scene at the end of WoS where Vakama looks at the city as they're loading the airships, and you didn't see webs in that image? Is this what you mean by "seems everything didn't happen"?

I don't really recall such a scene, maybe during the loading or the takeoff of the airships, but if the animators didn't bother putting webs in the scene, I wouldn't make anything of it. It also might not have been the right angle to see them or whatever. Plus, webs are thin, so at a distance you wouldn't necessarily see them.

I thought the "looking back" part would be on the first trip with the six disktoran. Though frankly I view the entire scene as non-canon anyway because the Toa were on a ship on the way out of Metru Nui the first time, and on an airship the second. They never "walked out".

Correct -- the part of that scene that makes it look like they leave the "ship" (the Vahki Transport robotic walking truck) behind is non-canon. Of course, it's possible that there was a spot of rock they thought they'd have to walk through and later realized that wouldn't work and went back to the ship and found another way in by water. :shrugs:

Anyways, yeah, if this is what the topic starter meant about that scene, it takes place before the Visorak invasion (during the first trip up to the camouflage island; the Visorak stuff happened before the second trip). As for if it should look more ruined (as it did happen after the GC), I don't recall what the city looked like exactly, but I doubt you'd be able to tell one way or another from that distance.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

There is a gameboy game called Maze of Shadows. I think it is the only canon game since it was based off a book. Reading about or aquiring either should solve some of your questions.

And BTW, Vakama is awesome.

Yeah definitely, Vakama is one of my favorite characters! :)

the reason this confuses me is that it doesnt seem like at this point the Web of Shadows movie events could have occurred in such a small amount of time

I don't understand the question -- it took the time it took which is shown in 2005's story. Could you clarify?

Yeah... :P I don't understand this question either. How could Vakama looking at Metru Nui make it seem like any events there didn't happen?

Ok well for that first question I meant, that I was aways confused that at the end of LoMN when the Toa Metru are walking to Mata Nui through the tunnel, did that occur after the events of 2005 were over or did they go back after that occurred?

And for the second question I meant, didn't Vakama go back to Mata Nui by himself after he fought Makuta and the Shadowed One? Because he went back with all the  other Toa Metru in LoMN or was I being mistaken about that?

Here's the order of events:

1. The Toa Metru leave Metru Nui with the pods (this is the scene in LoMN where Vakama looks back and the Metru walk into the tunnel--note that canonically, they took the makeshift boat instead of walking)

2. They go through tunnels to the surface (this is the novel Voyage of Fear)

3. They explore the island of Mata Nui

4. They go back to Metru Nui through a different tunnel (this is the novel Maze of Shadows)

5. Web of Shadows happens

6. After WoS, Vakama goes back in Time Trap

7. After Time Trap, he goes back to the surface alone (I think; Time Trap is a little vague on this)

8. The last scene of LoMN (on the beach, where the Metru turn into Turaga and awaken the Matoran) happens

Does that clarify things?

Edited by John Smith

1. The Toa Metru leave Metru Nui with the pods (this is the scene in LoMN where Vakama looks back and the Metru walk into the tunnel--note that canonically, they took the makeshift boat instead of walking)

4. They go back to Metru Nui through a different tunnel (this is the novel Maze of Shadows)

7. After Time Trap, He goes back to the surface alone (I think, Time Trap is a little vague on this)

8. The last scene of LoMN (on the beach, where the Metru turn into Turaga and awaken the Matoran) happens

Yes definitely now i get it completely, thanks!

7. After Time Trap, He goes back to the surface alone (I think, Time Trap is a little vague on this)

Yes definitely now i get it completely, thanks!

You're welcome!

JS has answered this already, but just to be completely clear. :P

Ok well for that first question I meant, that I was aways confused that at the end of LoMN when the Toa Metru are walking to Mata Nui through the tunnel, did that occur after the events of 2005 were over or did they go back after that occurred?

Before. The only LoMN scene that took place after WoS was the beach scene at the end when they became Turaga.

And for the second question I meant, didn't Vakama go back to Mata Nui by himself after he fought Makuta and the Shadowed One? Because he went back with all the  other Toa Metru in LoMN or was I being mistaken about that?

That all happened just after WoS ends, and before the final LoMN scene. :) It's made clear in Time Trap itself.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)