Vultraz and Company

The 1st Shadow

After seeing a comment on the BZP Facebook page, I got a great idea concerning Vultraz, and couldn't resist writing it up to see where it goes. So, let's give it a shot!

~Intro~

“Six years! I’ve been stuck here for six years! Experimented on by the Great Beings, guarded day and night by the Makuta, and only just escaped a few weeks ago. I’ve been on the run ever since!”

Brutaka just nodded, stroking the edge of his mask. This little red Toa (or, what he knew to be a Toa) had come to him, begging for help. The Toa, who called himself Vultraz, insisted that in his universe, beings of his stature were the Matoran, and the larger, stronger figures were Toa. Brutaka was fully aware of what his Kanohi Olmak was capable of, so he reasoned that Vultraz must be telling the truth.

They were sitting in a darkened chamber in Brutaka’s home, away from prying eyes and ears. The gold-and-blue titan leaned forward in his chair. “So, you want me to just open up a portal back to your universe and let you escape, when you might very well be a wanted criminal here in ours? Why should I offer you freedom in place of justice?”

Vultraz leaped to his feet. “Because I’m not from here! I was taken prisoner and held against my will. It would be an act of injustice to keep me here a second longer.” He stepped up to Brutaka, their masks just inches apart. “So, get me out of here. Now.”

Brutaka leaned back again. “What’s in it for me?”

The Shadow Matoran had nothing to offer him in exchange for his services, and no way to threaten someone so powerful. “I don’t know.” He sighed. “I’m desperate here.”

The titan quickly got to his feet, startling Vultraz and causing him to step backward. “Very well, then. An adventure, it is, then. Let’s be off.”

Vultraz couldn’t hide the look of confusion on his face. “What do you mean?”

“I’m coming with you,” Brutaka said as he gathered some items from around the room and stuffed them into his pack. “I have been terribly bored and in need of something to do. A little adventure wouldn’t hurt.” Finally, he lifted his double-bladed weapon from where it hung on the wall, dust falling from its surface as he swung it. “Ready?”

Wasn’t expecting this, Vultrax thought. He hadn’t planned on having company, but he figured that having Brutaka along couldn’t hurt. He might even prove useful. “Ready as I can be, I suppose.”

A portal opened in midair before the unlikely pair. “Good!” Brutaka exclaimed. “Then, off we go!”

And he threw Vultraz through the opening, before following, himself, leaving an empty home behind.

Comments and criticism appreciated.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I imagined all of that in my head, and the idea of Brutaka sitting on a chair before standing over Vultraz like a true titan seemed so epic and comedic. I also like how Brutaka's blade hasn't been used for so long that it has dust on it, indicating that he has settled and not battled in a long time.

I really like where this is going.

I imagined all of that in my head, and the idea of Brutaka sitting on a chair before standing over Vultraz like a true titan seemed so epic and comedic. I also like how Brutaka's blade hasn't been used for so long that it has dust on it, indicating that he has settled and not battled in a long time.

I really like where this is going.

I quite liked that part, as well. I actually came up with this as an intro to another larger idea completely on the spot. Glad it turned out well! :)

At last! Another comedy starring Vultraz! 

Is it real? Like oh my gosh what

I will most certainly be following this - I like what I have seen so far, and a comedy starring Vultraz that isn't written by myself fills me with intrigue.

Interestingly enough, Vultraz was never one of my favorites. But certain reactions to certain recent events gave me an idea, and I felt a need to play it out. 

Glad you like what I've got so far. :) I'll start working on chapter 1 once I finish my homework. :P

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

As promised, Chapter 1!

Vultraz landed face-first in a pile of sand. He had just enough time to turn around and find the gold and blue titan falling through the portal behind him. Sand in his mouth, Vultraz tried to scream as Brutaka landed on him, driving him even deeper into the rough grains.

The titan scrambled to his feet, brushed himself off, and then pulled the Shadow Matoran out of the sand. Vultraz glared up at Brutaka through grains of sand stuck in the eye-holes of his mask. Brutaka reached down and gingerly dusted him off. Vultraz did his best to hold back an outburst, trembling slightly with the effort. Finally Brutaka stepped back, giving the Matoran some space.

Vultraz looked around. The sun was low in the sky, and nothing about the landscape looked familiar. Didn’t even resemble the Bara Magna region of the planet they’d just left. There was no sign of any great stone barriers along the horizon, so he knew they weren’t anywhere inside the Matoran Universe. He could make out some mountains off in the distance, but little else. “Where in Makuta’s name are we?”

Brutaka glanced around as well. He narrowed his eyes, unfamiliar with the landscape as well. He knelt down, running some of the sand through his fingers. The texture felt a bit off. He stood again and sniffed at the air. “Hm… Well, we’re definitely not in any universe I know. Maybe if you click your heels together—”

“My joke!”

“Fine, fine. Alright, what do you suggest?”

Vultraz looked around at the sand once more. He was running out of ideas. “I’ve got nothing. “

Brutaka once again stroked the edge of his mask, looking off into the distance behind Vultraz. “Perhaps we can ask them where we’ve landed.”

The Shadow Matoran raised an eyebrow. “Ask who?”

Brutaka gestured behind him. “Whoever is in charge of that place.” Vultraz spun around, spotting an odd establishment off in the distance, made most noticeable by the colored lights emanating from it.

“Curious.” Vultraz stepped towards the sight before him, about half a mile away. “Well, I guess starting somewhere is better than standing here. Let’s go find out where we are!”

“Lead the way,” Brutaka said, and the two of them took off at a run, hoping to make it to their destination by sundown.

To be continued...

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Hmm... I wonder where they could be. I'm also interested to see who Vultraz and Brutaka will meet in their travels, and I'll admit I'm actually liking the idea of both Mazeka and Vultraz escaping that particular universe with extremely powerful titans as their travel companions. =P

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Pretty good so far. I love Brutaka in this. It was a good decision having him be from The Melding Universe; it makes it easier to accept how differently be acts from the main universe Brutaka.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Chapter 2 is here!

Vultraz and Brutaka reached the source of the lights just as the sun was setting. It was a very odd establishment, just off the side of a road. In the distance, over the horizon, Vultraz could make out a yellow-orange glow, probably city lights.

Brutaka stopped and looked at the sign that dominated the front of the property. It read, “Ed & Edna’s Scrap ‘n Junk.” Neither of them were familiar with the names, but the title of the place mixed with the sight of numerous piles of old, collapsed material suggested that this was, indeed, a junkyard.

“Lovely place,” muttered Vultraz.

They wandered around for a while, wondering if there was anyone attending this place. Who would bother to guard a pile of garbage, though? Vultraz wondered.

He almost suggested that they split of to search the place, when Brutaka spun around at the sound of a door closing. His blade was out, reflecting the light of the lamps that lined the place. “Who’s there?”

The duo walked around a pile of trash and spotted what looked like a large, mobile storage container, with doors and windows. A home, perhaps? They had nearly reached the door when a voice called out from inside. “If you’re a foe, I’m warning you! My son knows Spinjitzu!”

Brutaka looked over at Vultraz. The Matoran just shrugged. The term was completely unfamiliar to the both of them.

Vultraz took a tentative step toward the door. “We’re travelers, I guess. We mean no harm. We just want to know if you could point us in the right—“

The door opened, and the light revealed a pair of odd-looking figures, very blocky in nature. Both had lines on their faces, and grey hair on top of bright yellow skin. Their clothing looked a bit worn, as if it had seen years of use. The male stepped forward. “Who are you fellas? You’re not some new Overlord menace, are ya?”

“Not sure who or what this ‘Overlord’ is, but my name’s Vultraz. This is my travelling companion, Brutaka. We’re not from this universe. One of Brutaka’s powers allows him to cross dimensional planes and enter other realities. He’s helping me return to my own world. I was stranded there for a long time, but now I’m free!”

Brutaka cut in. “However, I missed by a long shot, and we ended up here. We’d like to know where ‘here’ is so I have a point of reference to continue our journey.”

The woman had joined the man by now, and she was the first to answer. “I’m Edna. This is my husband, Ed. Not sure what ya’d call our universe, but you’re on the great island of Ninjago!”

“Ninjago…” Brutaka muttered. “Doesn’t sound familiar. This is a planet, yes? Are there any other land masses? Or anyone in power we could talk to?”

Ed spoke up. “Well, there’s a city across the ocean to the east. Someone over there might have answers for ya. There’s a great space program over there—they sent up an explorer called ‘Clutch Powers” some time ago. If you can find him, maybe he can help.”

“Great!” Vultraz exclaimed. “How do we get there?”

“I could use my mask,” Brutaka said. “But we might not end up where we need to go.”

“Well, our son and his friends are the great Ninja of Ninjago,” Edna interjected. “Our son, Jay, has this girlfriend, Nya, and she builds all these amazing vehicles for them to use in defending the city. Maybe they could be of help!”

Vultraz looked at his comrade and shrugged. “I’ll try anything.”

Brutaka nodded. “Sounds like as good a start as any. Can you show us the way?”

Ed nodded. “We’ll get an early start in the morning. We need our sleep, and you boys may need some rest, too. We’ll set you up over in the shop for now.”

“Thank you. That would be most welcome.”

With that, they all prepared to tuck in for the night. Vultraz drifted off to sleep, dreaming of his long-awaited home…

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

This was good, like usual. I wonder how big Brutaka looks to Jay's parents! Also... are Ed and Edna canon names of Jay's parents, or are you just making an Ed, Edd and Eddy reference?

For the purposes of this story, I'm making Minifigs that size of humans, and using the same scale for V&B, with Vultraz being a little under 5 feet, and Brutaka being over 10 feet. Ed and Edna (both canon characters--ever watched the tv series?) would stand somewhere between 5'4 and 6', assuming that they can differ in height the way humans do.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

This was good, like usual. I wonder how big Brutaka looks to Jay's parents! Also... are Ed and Edna canon names of Jay's parents, or are you just making an Ed, Edd and Eddy reference?

For the purposes of this story, I'm making Minifigs that size of humans, and using the same scale for V&B, with Vultraz being a little under 5 feet, and Brutaka being over 10 feet. Ed and Edna (both canon characters--ever watched the tv series?) would stand somewhere between 5'4 and 6', assuming that they can differ in height the way humans do.

I haven't even seen a full episode. I just caught snippets of it when my little bro used to watch it. Brutaka (while it seems like his real size) is huge though!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

• 2 weeks later...

I'm eagerly watching to see where this goes. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

As promised, here's Chapter 3!

(Just a quick note: All the characters, from any universe seen in this story, are on a similar scale. Minifigs stand around 5' 9", a good average height for humans. Similarly, Vultraz stands at his rebuilt height of over 4', and I have Brutaka at about 11', since we never got exact specifics on his height. Thus, in comparison, Brutaka is about 2 Minifigs tall, and Vultraz is the size of a "child" Minifig. The scale is story based, not set-based.)

Vultraz and Brutaka awoke the next morning to find Ed and Edna Walker preparing their vehicle for the ride to what they called New Ninjago city. Both of them had slept well, given the odd sleeping conditions. Brutaka had felt a bit cramped, but otherwise was doing just fine.

Ed met the pair on their way over. “We’re almost ready to head out. You boys need something to eat before we go?”

Vultraz looked around at the piles of junk. “Anything here particularly special or worth keeping?”

Edna, puzzled, joined them. “You eat trash?” Shaking her head, she pointed towards a nearby pile. “That stuff’s no use to us.”

Brutaka shook his head. “We can eat just about anything, but not in the way you might expect. Watch.”

He and Vultraz stepped over to the heap, each rummaging through until they’d found certain items, things that looked to ‘taste’ good. They turned back to the Minifigs, and began “eating”—absorbing the energy from the items through their hands. As they did so, the structural integrity of the objects weakened, and they dissolved into dust, rapidly decomposed.

Brutaka brushed his hands off. “See? Filled up and ready to go!”

The four of them hopped into the jalopy and took off. As they drove over the sands toward the city, now visible in the light of the morning sun, Ed asked the duo about their unique manner of eating. “Built in energy converters, huh? Something like that could be really useful. How does it work?”

Brutaka, understanding the need to eliminate trash and the Minifig’s need for useable power, explained the process as best he understood it, so that Ed might be able to build something similar to use in the junkyard. Vultraz, in the meantime, sat there in the back seat, anticipating the moment he would finally leave this strange land and return to his home world. He truly was getting homesick. Heck, I’d even go so far as to say I miss Mazeka right now. Wonder what he’s up to these days?

Within an hour or so, they’d arrived at the city. Vultraz and Brutaka marveled at the astounding architecture and various modes of transportation. There were a few suspended highways and some floating transports, which reminded Vultraz of a previous visit to Metru Nui, years ago. Some sections of the city looked as though they were being rebuilt, as if some great disaster had recently occurred.

“What happened here?” he asked.

Ed and Edna looked at each other and shivered, as if the memory of it was too horrifying. Edna spoke. “We weren’t really there for the worst of it. The boys can explain it better than we can, since it was their victory.”

Vultraz shrugged. “Alright.” He almost wanted to feel sorry for them, but if there was someone so dark a menacing here, perhaps he could be mad into an ally. Vultraz snickered quietly—his dark side hadn’t weakened a bit.

It was then that they pulled up to the sidewalk next to a park area. Situated in a large pond in the center of the park was a unique ship, with the head of a great beast carved into the bow. The sails were folded up.

Nearby, a small crowd watched as four cyclones of elemental energy formed together and generated a new building out of a pile of rubble. Ed and Edna led the other-worlders over to the scene. Vultraz looked on with interest at the tornados of energy, which had since separated. He couldn’t see anyone manipulating them. What were these things? And could he find a way to harness such power himself?

“Jay!” Ed yelled in the direction of the cyclones, which had begun to move over to another pile of rubble.

Edna joined in. “Come on, sweetie! We’ve brought some new friends who say they need your help!”

The blue cyclone, the one that crackled with lightning, evaporated, revealing a younger Minifig with reddish hair and an elaborate blue outfit, with a few armor plates here and there. In his hand was a weapon comprised of two handles held together by a chain. “Ugh, mom! Not in public!”

The other cyclones dissipated as well, revealing three other Minifigs, about the same age as the blue one. The one called “Jay,” Vultraz told himself.

These others were white, black, and red. The Matoran noted that they respectively represented the elements Ice, Earth, and Fire. He watched as they moved over to join Jay. The red one waved at the little group. “Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Walker! Jay was just talking about coming to visit you!”

Jay shot him a glance. “Kai…” he growled.

The elder Walkers went to embrace their son. “Good to hear that, son! We could use some help around the yard. “ Ed said.

Brutaka and Vultraz stepped forward. Some of the bystanders noticed them and immediately backed away, some gasping in shock at the sight of the gold and blue titan in their midst, standing easily twice the size of a Minifig. Ed ignored them. The four “ninja,” as Ed had called them, looked at the pair with wonder. “Apparently, they’re used to seeing extraordinary beings like us,” Vultraz whispered to his companion. Brutaka just shrugged in response.

The Earth ninja stepped forward. “I’m Cole. These are Kai, Jay, and Zane. Who are you guys?”

Ed stood by them and made the introduction. “Boys, these are Vultraz and Brutaka. They’re not from our world, and they need to get to LEGO City to find someone to help them get home.”

Cole looked over at the others. Kai shrugged, then looked at Zane, who seemed to be deep in thought. It was he that finally spoke. His voice was paced and methodical, as if each syllable had been carefully calculated before leaving his mouth. “The trip to LEGO City would take some time, but the major repairs to Ninjago City are nearly done, and I think they can do without us for a while. The problem is whether or not Sensei will allow it.”

Kai waved the notion off. “Awh, don’t worry about him. He’s too busy training Lloyd and catching up with his brother.” He turned back to Vultraz and Brutaka. “Just give us a few hours and we’ll be ready to leave!”

To be continued...

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

So we have Vultraz and Brutaka accompanied by the four ninjas for the time being... I must admit, I'm kind of hoping one of the ninjas will somehow get sucked into journeying with them due to circumstances outside of their control. Although I don't know which one it would be.

• Upvote 1

Yay another chapter!  :happydance: I wonder if they'll ever stumble upon Vezon in their dimension wandering hahaha ;)

I figured it was about time I got around to this. :P As for Vezon... Spoilers. :lookaround:

So we have Vultraz and Brutaka accompanied by the four ninjas for the time being... I must admit, I'm kind of hoping one of the ninjas will somehow get sucked into journeying with them due to circumstances outside of their control. Although I don't know which one it would be.

They'll get their pick of one ninja. Question is, which is it? (Seriously, I'm asking for input here. I'm torn between Jay and Zane right now :notsure:

Also, this part of the story takes place between the Stone Army and the Nindroid stories, if that needed to be clarified. 

I hope to have the next chapter up soon. Might work on it later today.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Zane would be best, IMO. Though it might be fun seeing Jay bother Vultraz.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

• 1 month later...

Now if only one Lego official would make this canon... maybe someday this story might actually be canonized. Lets all just hope it can be.

I like to consider it canon regardless

Because Vultraz

I consider it canon because it doesn't conflict with any of the major storylines of any of the worlds they'll visit. :P

And with that, I bring you Chapter 4!

Three hours later, Vultraz sat alongside Brutaka in the back of a large cargo ship on their way to LEGO City. The vessel was being piloted by a female Minifig named Nya. Vultraz had gathered that she and Kai were related, and that she had a close form of companionship with Jay. The four ninja sat around the otherworldly pair and asked a lot of questions about their origins and current mission. Brutaka had gathered early on that Vultraz had no desire to share his thoughts, and so he took on the responsibility of entertaining them.

“…And so the Great Beings created the Toa to help repair the planet before any further damage could be done. The Toa were powerful individuals who commanded Elemental powers, much like your own, as I’ve gathered.”

“Awesome!” Jay was visibly excited by the prospect of other beings with powers. “What can you do?”

Brutaka stood and gave a small demonstration, firing a couple bolts of energy that dissipated before they hit anything important. “Nothing elemental like you, but Vultraz here is possessed of the element of Shadow.”

At the mention of his name, Vultraz started. “What? Oh, yeah. Like this.” He stood and aimed his hands at Kai and Zane. He unleashed bursts of dark energy from his fingertips, and it struck them down before they could defend themselves. Kai pushed himself to a sitting position, while Cole moved over to help Zane up.

Brutaka glared down at the Matoran. “By the Great Beings, what was that for?” They offer to help us, and you attack them?”

Vultraz shrugged. “They wanted an example, and so many people have trouble understanding what bolts of shadow actually do, so I gave a personal demonstration.”

“You couldn’t have hit the floor or something?”

“Meh. Wasn’t thinking that far ahead…” His voice trailed off as he got a good look at Zane—specifically, the spot where he’d been struck. “What the heck is that?”

Brutaka followed his gaze, and saw that some of Zane’s face and chest had been torn off, revealing metal components underneath. It seemed to make up his entire body underneath.

Zane shrugged and looked down at himself. “I am not like my friends, and do not live the way they do. I am a robot—”

“Nindroid,” Jay interjected.

“Yes, ‘nindroid.’ I suppose I am more like you.”

“Well, we’re not entirely mechanical, you know,” Vultraz added. “We have muscles and lungs and such—all organic.”

“Interesting.” Zane moved in for a closer look.

“Hey, guys?” The words came from Nya, who was now attempting to direct everyone’s attention to the view outside the craft. “We’re almost there. You may want to buckle in for the landing.” Everyone quickly complied.

As he got into his seat and pulled the safety belt across his chest, Vultraz gazed out at the city before them. It easily dwarfed Ninjago City in terms of size, but he found he preferred the latter’s aesthetics and architecture.

Nya had more to add. “I’ve already gotten in contact with Kjeld Playwell, the head honcho of this place. I told him what you’re here for, and he’s invited us to the LEGO building at the center of the city. He and Clutch will meet us on the landing pad on the roof.”

Vultraz spotted the building immediately. This one towered over every other structure in the city, and there was a large, red, square sign with a single word written in large, bold letters: ‘LEGO.’ He didn’t know the meaning of the word, but there was no mistaking that this was their destination. Finally, we’re getting somewhere.

Nya masterfully landed the craft on the platform situated atop the building. Off to the side, Vultraz could see more Minifigs waiting for them. One lacked hair and wore a black outfit that radiated authority. The one beside him had a full head of black hair and looked like the type with a strong sense of adventure. That one must be the famed Clutch Powers. As Vultraz and his company climbed out of the transport, he got a good look at the others with them. One was a gruff-looking fellow with a silver helmet and an orange outfit. There was another female standing next to a jittery male.

Kjeld moved to address the new arrivals, but before he could, a Minifig with spiky blue hair and a long white coat ran up to them and started looking he and Brutaka over and overall making Vultraz feel rather uncomfortable.

After a moment, he stepped back and shook their hands vigorously. “Hello, hi. The name’s Artie. Artie Fol. I’ve never seen anything quite like you. Truly an amazing work of art. Whoever built you must have been—“

“Okay, that’s enough, Artie. Let them breathe.” Clutch walked up and laid a hand on Artie’s shoulder, gently restraining him. He turned to Brutaka and Vultraz. “Welcome to LEGO City. I’m Clutch Powers. You’ll have to forgive Artie, here. He’s just excited. He’s also the man you want to talk to if you want to find a way home.”

Kjeld joined them. “Clutch and his team have travelled all across the globe and beyond the stars on various missions. Travelling between dimensions is something new. But Artie is the scientific mind behind all of their adventures. He supplies all the tech. If anyone can help get you home, it’s him.”

Oh, wonderful! I’m getting directions from a wacko. Still, Vultraz kept calm and listened patiently while Brutaka explained the situation to Artie and Clutch. After a minute or two, they were invited down to Artie’s lab. Vultraz relaxed a bit, his unease in this unfamiliar world being overcome by his excitement at the prospect of finally getting home.

Enjoy! The next one will be much shorter (I hope... But, hey, at least we'll finally be moving on to another world!) 

And I agree that Zane is definitely the best choice to accompany them. Just one question: Should Clutch go, too? Or is one Minifig enough?

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Hmm... I think for now, just the one is best. Zane fits in with Vultraz and Brutaka as a misfit of sorts, and being a robot, there's always the risk that a villain could reprogram him, giving us a nice trio of Anti-heroes as our main characters. I'm not sure Clutch's dynamic with Vultraz or Brutaka would be as entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Give him some time, sitting down and writing something can be arduous. It's been at least a week since I've updated my comedy.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don`t know why,but the relationship between Brutaka and Vultraz reminds me of Cable and Deadpool for some odd reason.

Now, If Ninjago is on the same Earth as the "Clutch Powers" LEGO City, Could this lead to the possibility that the same LEGO City seen in LEGO City Undercover.

You know...Chase McCain...The Rex Fury investigation...Anyone?

meyressignoff.jpg

Link to my comics coming soon... once I start them, that is.

Also, credit to my cousin ~The 1st Shadow~ for my avatar

• 4 weeks later...

Folks, while I appreciate that the wait for a new chapter can be difficult, I think T1S is more than aware of the demand at this point. Bumping the topic over and over with "still waiting" basically boils down to "post count + 1" with a side of pressure on the author - please try to avoid that in the future.

• Upvote 1

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

• 5 months later...

Alright, let's see if I can pick this up again without getting distracted again.

To recap, Vultraz, who we last saw in the Melding Alt. Universe, has gotten in touch with that realm's Brutaka, who agreed to journey with the Shadow MAtoran back to his own dimension. Their first stop dropped them off in Ninjago, just after Lloyd first defeated the Overlord and freed Garmadon from the control of evil, at the end of the Stone Army story arc. Brutaka, at a loss for how to get to Vultraz's universe needed to find a way to map out the dimensions so he could navigate more accurately. Fortunately, Cole knows of an explorer from across the ocean, in a place called LEGO City, a man named Clutch Powers. The Ninja, plus Nya and minus Lloyd, who is training with Wu and his father while helping clean up the city, provide transport to this other land. Nya gets in touch with Kjeld Playwell, who brings in Clutch and his team, including Artie Fol, to help out our heroes.

This is where the story picks up. When I wrote the last chapter, my computer crashed before it could be either saved or posted. As such, I'm starting over from scratch. Hopefully it won't feel like reading a different story since my writing will have changed a bit since then.

Let's begin:

-----------------------

Artie led the Minifigs and their visitors to his laboratory. Once there, he hurriedly began pushing clutter aside to make room for the group to stand. "Please excuse the mess. I don't often, uh, have visitors in here."

"I can't imagine why," Vultraz muttered impatiently, kicking aside something that might have been a wing, or a door, or an armor piece--he couldn't tell. Turning his attention back to the others, he asked, "So, what in here is gonna help me get home?"

Brutaka reached down and placed a hand on the Matoran's shoulder. "Patience, Vultraz. Give him a moment."

Artie had cleared enough space by now that the four ninja, the two otherworlders, and the four others could stand comfortably, as Kjeld had left the group just after they'd arrived. "Yes, Mr. Vulture, I should have something useful for you," the eccentric, blue-haired engineer told him. "Although, I never quite finished it."

He directed their attention to a large ring on a platform against one wall. The structure was mostly grey with some purple and bright blue highlights around the ring. There was a console directly in front of the ring. "This is my dimensional portal device. The intent was to create a device that would let Clutch and his team travel around the universe more quickly. Unfortunately, I got distracted with this and that, and never fully finished it... If I could just find the plans for it, I should be able to get it up and running in a jiffy!"

Clutch spoke up. "Hey, no worries, Artie. We'll help you find it. If the blueprints are in this room, it'll take all of us only a short time to--"

"Found it!" Jay shouted, holding up a large piece of blue paper and waving it around. "It was right here on this desk, buried under this... toaster?"

Artie perked up, ran over, and snatched up the diagrams, eyes darting from it to the machine. "Yes, okay, alright..."

Kai, almost as impatient as Vultraz, leaned in. "Well, what's it gonna take?"

Artie looked up. "Well, as far as I can tell, it should be fairly close to done. It just needs..." He darted around the room, grabbing an assortment of parts, and rushing them over to the device, placing them where they were meant to go. As soon as he finished, he stood by the console and began fiddling with it. "This part is tricky. I never could get it working, so I'm not sure if this time will be any different.

Cole walked over to the wall and picked up an unplugged cord. "Have you tired plugging it in?"

Artie just stared at him for a moment before smacking himself in the face. "How did I miss that? Oh, well. Yes, just plug it in."

Cole did as he was told. Instantly, the machine powered up. Artie leaped with joy.

"Great, now we just need to get it programmed. Since you said you have a method of travel yourself, Mr. Brutaka, we should only need to operate the navigation systems."

Vultraz leaned over to his comrade. "Oh, sure, he gets your name right."

"Don't be spiteful," The titan replied softly, but sternly. "They're helping, and that's what's important.."

"Fine."

Zane and Jay joined Artie on the platform, offering their skills and abilities to get the machine operating. In the meantime, Brutaka visited with Clutch Powers and his friends about their adventures, while Cole and Kai listened in. Vultraz busied himself by examining all the items lying around the room. He spotted something that looked like a six-barreled projectile weapon, but he couldn't find any ammo for it, so he tossed it aside. Among some bricks was another sort of projectile weapon--smaller than the first, and could only fire one shot. He fired it off, but the shot just bounced off the walls and narrowly missed Brutaka's oversized mask.

"Woo! We got it!" Jay's voice rang out from the other side of the room. Everyone gathered in around them.

"So, what we'll do is map out the dimensions, picking the shortest route to get you back home," Artie explained. "Sadly, you'll have to try to memorize it all, since this machine is stationary."

Zane was examining the ring, which was now filled with a swirling vortex of energy. At its center, he could see what looked like outer space, but instead of stars, he saw more portals, each an access point to a different dimension. After examining them, he turned to Vultraz and Brutaka. "Can you describe your destination to me?"

The two o nodded and joined the nindroid, giving him a brief description of the world Vultraz came from. Zane thought for a moment before flipping switches and punching in numbers on the console. The portal responded by zooming in on one particular ring of light. When it got close enough that they could see into it, they were greeted by the sight of a massive planet. On its surface were two huge dark smudges that resembled sleeping giants.

Vultraz looked closer, squinting. He'd heard of Makuta Teridax's plan to conquer the robot from Gorast and Icarax, and he'd gathered that the universe he'd known all his life was actually inside the body of Mata Nui. He guessed one of those giants was the same he had left a few months ago. "That looks about right. We'll aim for that one."

Zane nodded. "It looks like there are other similar universes in that area, so if you miss, you can always check close by for the right one." He zoomed out again. "The shortest route I can find will put you through at least two more realms, barring an accidents. He zoomed in on the ones that they would have to take to in order to reach their destination. The Ice Ninja turned to Brutaka. "You said you'd be returning to your world after dropping off Vultraz, correct?"

Brutaka shrugged. "He tells me that world has its own Brutaka, so I'd best not stick around and confuse things, so yes, I will be leaving. Why?"

Zane glanced back at the portal, then back to Brutaka. "Well, if I can copy the map into my systems, I could go with you to serve as a guide, should you need my help, and you could return me on your way home."

Cole and the other ninja looked uncertain about this. "So, you'd go off to other worlds on an awesome adventure while we stay behind and clean up Ninjago?" Jay complained.

Zane shook his head. "I am the best choice. The more of you that stay, the better defended Ninjago will be if a new threat arises. If all goes well, I will return home in a few days and all will be well. Besides, I can show you recordings of what I've seen when I return."

Cole put a hand on Jay's shoulder. "He's right, Jay. They need him, and it won't be long. We can survive without him for a little while, right?"

"Yeah," Kai agreed. "As much as I'd like to go myself, Zane is the best choice." To Zane, he said, "You be careful out there, brother. We don't wanna lose you." 

Zane hugged each of the Ninja in turn, then turned to Brutaka and Vultraz. "I am ready whenever you are."

Brutaka activated his mask, and leaped through the portal it created. Vultraz took the time to give one last complaint before following. "Finally! See you losers NEVER!"

Zane jumped after them and the portal vanished, leaving a bunch of wondering Minifigs.

To be continued!

---------

Honestly, I like this one better than the last two attempts at the chapter. :) Hope you all enjoy it, as well! I'll do my best to get on with this story in the weeks to come. But I've reached a point where I don't want to draw this out longer than I have to. This story started out with one idea stemming from the first look at the Mask of Creation we first saw last September, and I still want to follow through to that point. Maybe two chapters for each dimension they visit, and then one for the final stop. I can't guarantee much more than that, since I have other projects to work on and school in two months time. I'll give you guys my best work until the end, and maybe one day, I'll make a sequel. Until then, know that I haven't given up on this story. :) See ya for the next chapter!

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~