How Does Becoming Nuva Work?

So in the story we all know how the Toa Mata fell into energized protodermis and became the Toa Nuva, right? But it's true that not all toa can become nuva, right? Only the Toa Mata were destined to become nuva. But could there be other toa out there that are destined to become nuva? (Nuva not as in part of the team toa nuva, nuva as in just more powerful)

And another question about Kanohi Nuva. If you take any kanohi and pop into a convenient pot of energized protodermis, will it definitely become a kanohi nuva? Or are only some destined to become kanohi nuva? And can a regular toa wear a kanohi nuva, or do they lack the capability of it?

I suppose it's possible that other Toa are destined to transform via Energized Protodermis, but we haven't seen any, and I find it doubtful that they'd be exactly like the Nuva because that's been a very special team right from when they were created.

As for Kanohi Nuva, only Toa Nuva can activate them--no other being possesses the mental discipline.  I'm not sure if any Kanohi can transform into a Kanohi Nuva via EP, though; that's obviously what happened with the masks the Mata were wearing, but that might be related to the overall transformation.  All other Kanohi Nuva were made by Artakha and his Matoran, so we don't know the exact process, but I'd think there's something unique about making Kanohi into Kanohi Nuva that would require more than just EP if they needed the greatest crafter in the universe to make them.  Though, that's really just a guess.

Edited by Virus #0579

It is possible but unseen that any other Toa might be desinted to transform in the exact same way as the Nuva team did. Another Toa migt be destined to transform in EP, but they would be transformed in different ways.

The same goes for kanohi as for Toa - only destined kanohi will transform.

Non-nuva cannot access the powers of kanohi nuva, though Toa Nuva can access the powers of any other type of kanohi. A kanohi nuva will keep a matoran/toa/turaga alive and out of a coma, though they won't be able to access its powers.

ppg2.png

To the second question, yes, they have to be destined. But I suppose Artahka could ask the Mask of Creation "How do I make a Kanohi Nuva?" and it would give him the answer - wallah.

To the first, basically what everyone else said. Transformation is as unlimited as your destiny.  

I think 'Nuva' was specific to them. Perhaps (and this is probably worth less that the electrons you're reading it on) The 'Mata' forms were the result of a similar degeneration to the one that the Metru Nui Matoran went through while in the Spheres. The energized protodermis didn't 'transform' them, it 'fixed' them, restoring them to the forms that Artakha built them in. Hence why he had their Adaptive Armour all ready to go - It was made on their original 'Nuva' forms.

(Of course, that nonsense about the Golden Armour only fitting Tahu Mata can easily be ignored. I thought it was a bad move.)

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I think 'Nuva' was specific to them. Perhaps (and this is probably worth less that the electrons you're reading it on) The 'Mata' forms were the result of a similar degeneration to the one that the Metru Nui Matoran went through while in the Spheres. The energized protodermis didn't 'transform' them, it 'fixed' them, restoring them to the forms that Artakha built them in. Hence why he had their Adaptive Armour all ready to go - It was made on their original 'Nuva' forms.

(Of course, that nonsense about the Golden Armour only fitting Tahu Mata can easily be ignored. I thought it was a bad move.)

That's a really cool theory! I don't know if it's what's considered true, but the idea that the mata were suppose to be nuva all along can at least be considered interesting.

• Upvote 2

I thought the Golden Armor to be pretty awesome. Whenever I hear "Strength of a Thousand Men" by TSFH, I imagine him donning that armor while flashing back over the past year since he woke up on that Island. Then once he replaces his helm the music rises in power equal to the power straining through his muscles and organic armor unleashes all that raw power!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

The Golden Armour itself is cool, but the fact that he had to devolve back to Mata form isn't. So I choose to believe Tahu Nuva wears the Golden Armour. To MoC this, simply replace his silver Nuva armour with the gold from the original Takanuva.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

There's one thing important about the nuva masks. They may have been common masks at one point but their nuva forms are technically unique powered up masks that propably share a unique link with their respective owner along with the required skill to use it as well.

Usually when other teams are powered up/re-armed like the toa inika/mahri it was different since they simply got new masks but it was never mentioned if their elemental capabilities had increased.

qs3135.jpg

Hordika lost the ability to independently control their element, and the Mahri lost the lightning in their elemental manipulations. Neither gained greater power nor capacity the way the Nuva did.