Opinion on Makuta Returning in Bionicle 2015.

Questions about Makuta and Teridax  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An idea for a reboot could be the Toa Mata facing the six Barraki and their armies. I do like you suggestion to branch out the Dark Hunters, too. It could be done similarly to the Breakout line (only, with a less stupid-looking titan).

Anything to keep Teridax's legacy strong.

Considering that the both the Barraki and the Dark Hunters fought Teridax for their entire time in the MU, the idea that they would take up villainy under the banner of Teridax strikes me as absurd. 

• Upvote 1

I would really like to see a new villain. Transformers has had its arcs where Megatron wasn't the main villain, so I'm sure Bionicle could make someone else become the big baddie. It would give us, the fans, some variation, and it wouldn't be a total rehash of the old story.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I've been playing around with the idea that Teridax may have had enough time prior to being killed to create "Shadow Toa" loyal to him, and that these Toa's destiny would be to revive him if something goes awry. So perhaps not a direct return on Makatua's part, but maybe the villains would be seeking to revive him?

If it is some sort of continuation, the shadowed one and the barraki would make the best candidites for the main villians. Velila is too backstory laiden, goldie isn't really evil, and marendar would be unable to support a sustained storyline.

If its a reboot, it could be nearly anything, though i would like the idea of karzahni being the villian against artahka. However, i would not want it to be a makuta. They are too op, and too oversaturated in the old story. We need something new.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I do not believe that the Makuta will return in Bionicle 2015. My reasoning: they are all (except two) dead according to the cannon serial stories by Greg Farshty. My only other argument would be that yes, the Makuta will return in Bionicle 2015 as minor characters due to the fact that there are two left in existence.

To explain my first argument: when Makuta Teridax took over the Mata Nui Robot (aka. the Matoran Universe), he immediately began a purge of all the Makuta, disposing of each and every one with the only exception being Makuta Miserex as Teridax transformed him into a painting on a wall (Miserex was later revived).

To explain my second argument: As stated above, Makuta Miserex is, in fact, alive on Spherus Magna. The second Makuta to be still in existence is the Melding Alternate Universe Teridax (a good guy, btw) who was brought from the Melding universe by Mazeka (to aid in the war against the original Teridax) as a trade for Vultraz by the Great Beings of that universe.

Also, there are many new villians to focus on such as the Toa-obliterating machine the Great Beings created, which broke loose from its confines, as well as the murderous somebody (supposedly Velika) disguised Great Being seeking to destroy all of the most powerful beings from the Matoran Universe for inexplicable reasons. Not to mention the intelligent Vorox who hunt toa and shut down their powers with a device they acquired from the murderous somebody. That said, there are plenty of villains to choose from given that Lego does not create a new villain, which is highly likely.

As far as the Barraki becoming the main villains, this would not likely be possible due to the fact that some of them are dead and that the remaining ones are spread throughout Spherus Magna on their own accords. They didn't get along to begin with anyways.

As far as The Shadowed One and his Dark Hunters being the main villain, there is a slight possibility for this to occur due to the fact that it is unknown as to what happened to the organization after the exodus of the Matoran Universe. However, this possibility is slim as Lego could most likely be looking for more fresh material to reboot with.

My opinions are based on the cannon storyline and the official serial stories which accompany it as I am well-versed in the topic (I have been reading, studying, and theorizing Bionicle since it was first introduced in 2001, and yes I do have a life  :P)

This, by no means, means that it could not be possible for the Makuta to make a return as Lego can make things up as they go since Bionicle is theirs to do with as they please.

i would like the idea of karzahni being the villian against artahka.

Karzahni is dead so it would be impossible for him to be the villain against Artahka

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I do not believe that the Makuta will return in Bionicle 2015. My reasoning: they are all (except two) dead according to the cannon serial stories by Greg Farshty. My only other argument would be that yes, the Makuta will return in Bionicle 2015 as minor characters due to the fact that there are two left in existence.

[various other arguments based on events that occurred in the post-2010 serials]

Respectfully, you've left out the obvious conclusion: that BIONICLE 2015 is a hard reboot, and does not, in fact, share the same continuity with the 2001-2011 BIONICLE saga. As a reboot, the line wouldn't have to consider any of the plot points that Greg introduced in the serials, since they would not even have occurred in this continuity. In a reboot, anything is possible. :)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

If any Makuta not called Miserix and not from another dimension appear in Bionicle 2015 then it's a complete reboot, and I don't want a reboot.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

[various other arguments based on events that occurred in the post-2010 serials]

Respectfully, you've left out the obvious conclusion: that BIONICLE 2015 is a hard reboot, and does not, in fact, share the same continuity with the 2001-2011 BIONICLE saga. As a reboot, the line wouldn't have to consider any of the plot points that Greg introduced in the serials, since they would not even have occurred in this continuity. In a reboot, anything is possible. :)

Point taken, and I agree wholeheartedly. However, and I do not mean to argue, the description of the Mask of Creation was in one of Farshtey's serials (though not post-2010) and Lego's recently released concept art, and the official mask itself is an accurate representation of said description, so this could imply that Lego is actually taking pointers from Farshtey's serials. That doesn't mean what you said is not true as that is not my intention of stating this fact.  ;)

• Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"

Also, there are many new villians to focus on such as the Toa-obliterating machine the Great Beings created, which broke loose from its confines, as well as the murderous somebody (supposedly Velika) disguised Great Being seeking to destroy all of the most powerful beings from the Matoran Universe for inexplicable reasons. Not to mention the intelligent Vorox who hunt toa and shut down their powers with a device they acquired from the murderous somebody. That said, there are plenty of villains to choose from given that Lego does not create a new villain, which is highly likely.

As far as the Barraki becoming the main villains, this would not likely be possible due to the fact that some of them are dead and that the remaining ones are spread throughout Spherus Magna on their own accords. They didn't get along to begin with anyways.

As far as The Shadowed One and his Dark Hunters being the main villain, there is a slight possibility for this to occur due to the fact that it is unknown as to what happened to the organization after the exodus of the Matoran Universe. However, this possibility is slim as Lego could most likely be looking for more fresh material to reboot with.

If BIONICLE is going to pick up right after when the serials stopped. While we don't know if it is going to be a brand new continuity or not, it is highly unlikely that the direction is immediately after the story ended. The LEGO company wants to attract new fans, not just the old. The serials got really complicated that continuing them would just confuse new fans.

Also, I can totally see the Barraki coming back after a time skip. Between the time skip the Barraki could have regained strength and ready to make a comeback. Also, the Barraki were an alliance of six warlords, united together so that they would be a stronger force. Yes, one is dead and one is rouge, but spherus magna is a new world with factions that we may have never seen before. It's fully possible that they could have formed new alliances so we can maintain the six team members rule so they could further regain strength. The new alliances may not be stable, but they never really have been.

If BIONICLE is going to be rebooted when a brand new continuity then what happened to the previous barraki doesn't matter. They could now be natural fish people and the Dark Hunters could be totally different. Heck, Turaga Dume could turn out to really be evil this time and the bohrok are his mad creations. Anything is possible in a reboot.

Regardless, when I brought up the Barraki and the Dark Hunters returning, I said that they were good candidates if an old villain was going to return. Personally, I would prefer new threats for new stories being told. Old villains coming back would be fine but maybe later on in the story. :)

Edited by Sharnak the Bohrok Lord
  • Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I realize I am being close-minded and caught up in the olden-days and have not even considered a timeskip. I also realize I am missing the point of this topic, so I apologize  :(

• Upvote 1

If any Makuta not called Miserix and not from another dimension appear in Bionicle 2015 then it's a complete reboot, and I don't want a reboot.

...Please don't start a Bring Back Real Bionicle Club...?

I don't plan to.

• Upvote 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I realize I am being close-minded and caught up in the olden-days and have not even considered a timeskip. I also realize I am missing the point of this topic, so I apologize  :(

It's perfectly fine. Besides, I think the topic has been slightly derailed already. :P

• Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

No, no, and no.

In answering these questions, mind, I'm thinking specifically about 2015. If 2015 can slowly lead us in to discovering the Makuta, then I'm all for it; but I'd like the villain of the first year to either be a different recognizable villain, or something entirely new.

I would like Teridax to return, and the Makuta species to be in the new storyline. Though I am open to great beings being the antagonist.

Edit: Leaked content!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

No, no, and no.

Y'see, LEGO tried a reboot in 2009 and it didn't work because they ended up dragging too many old characters into things and what was going to be a simpler story actually made the entire thing a complicated mess. I don't want them to go down the same path.

Also, we went a decade with the same villain. It's time for something different.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Depends.

If it's a hard reboot, I wouldn't mind seeing Makuta return as the villain. For the love of God, though, don't make him part of a Makuta species, and do away with the name "Teridax." Nobody ever asked for that. Even if it's a hard reboot, though, I could still live with a new bunch of villains. 

Now if it's a continuation or soft reboot? No way, keep him out of there. For the one exception, here's my post on the matter from the Bionicle 2015 topic:

I like the idea of Makuta still being around, but not as a threat. What if some Matoran stumbles across all that remains of Makuta in a jungle somewhere, and he's been reduced to a powerless ghost of antidermis? Just floating around as a whisp for thousands of years, regretting what he's done. 

Could be kind of a haunting story, if done right. Perhaps some young Matoran has to go talk to him to learn some ancient knowledge relevant to the current storyline?

That is interesting, but according to the original canon, Antidermis can't survive for long periods of time without a functioning body.

If the story is set after the first story, I'd like Makuta, individual and race, to stay out of it. They're extinct, except for Miserix and Alternate Takanuva, and neither of them were in the forefront of the story enough for it to make sense to use them. Reviving the species would seem like a cop-out.

If the story is a retelling of the original BIONICLE, which is possible, of course I'd like the same Makuta.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

If it is some sort of continuation, the shadowed one and the barraki would make the best candidites for the main villians. Velila is too backstory laiden, goldie isn't really evil, and marendar would be unable to support a sustained storyline.

I think Marendar would be a good arc for one year, and that's all. Doesn't even have to be Marendar, I just like the idea of a robot that's out to eliminate all Toa.

• Upvote 1

Depends.

If it's a hard reboot, I wouldn't mind seeing Makuta return as the villain. For the love of God, though, don't make him part of a Makuta species, and do away with the name "Teridax." Nobody ever asked for that. Even if it's a hard reboot, though, I could still live with a new bunch of villains. 

Now if it's a continuation or soft reboot? No way, keep him out of there. For the one exception, here's my post on the matter from the Bionicle 2015 topic:

I like the idea of Makuta still being around, but not as a threat. What if some Matoran stumbles across all that remains of Makuta in a jungle somewhere, and he's been reduced to a powerless ghost of antidermis? Just floating around as a whisp for thousands of years, regretting what he's done. 

Could be kind of a haunting story, if done right. Perhaps some young Matoran has to go talk to him to learn some ancient knowledge relevant to the current storyline?

That is interesting, but according to the original canon, Antidermis can't survive for long periods of time without a functioning body.

If the story is set after the first story, I'd like Makuta, individual and race, to stay out of it. They're extinct, except for Miserix and Alternate Takanuva, and neither of them were in the forefront of the story enough for it to make sense to use them. Reviving the species would seem like a cop-out.

If the story is a retelling of the original BIONICLE, which is possible, of course I'd like the same Makuta.

Don't you mean Alternate TERIDAX?

I don't either, really. But at this point, I fear, even though I hope it is not so, but yet I believe it is so, and my inner self wants it so to a small degree, that it is a reboot. I really really want a continuations, but all evidence points to a reboot...

This reminds me of when Hyrule Warriors news was coming like crazy, I think it was around E3. Everyone was wondering where it would fit in the timeline, or if it was non-canon, a spin-off title. I was so convinced, because I wanted it to BE a canon game, in the Zelda timeline, I even denied evidence for it to be a spinoff, such as the Isle of the Goddess still part of Skyloft and other stuff. Turns out, it ended up being a spin-off title. 

Lesson for me is, might as well go with reboot, because even though it is not what I want, and I may not even like the idea of it, that is what it is more likely going to be, so might as well get used to it now, so when it comes, I have no grudges against BIONICLE 2015.
Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

No to all of them more or less - I wouldn't object to him being in the story in some way, but not as the role of any sort of primary antagonist in the plot. I'd rather something new and unknown in general. Same thought process applies to the use of other Makuta.

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I'm really sick of recurring villains that keep coming back after supposedly being defeated. Plus the original story got so confusing I didn't even know Teridax was the main villain cause I only paid attention to the sets (ex. I thought the Skrall were supposed to be the main villains of Glatorian series). Ever since looking deeper into Bionicle lore and getting bombarded with stuff about spirits, giant robots, planets colliding, I found it best to stick with the simpler conflicts.