In Case Of The Bionicle Apocalypse

TheDarkSide

Disney recently decided that all the things in Star Wars that were not in the 7 movies (counting Star Wars: The Clone Wars) are pointless. That means Boba Fett DOES die in ROTJ, Shadows Of The Empire doesn't happen, Luke doesn't flirt with the Dark Side in the Dark Empire comics. LEGO could see it as a "good idea" and follow suite.

And if LEGO ever decides to do that, I swear I will gather everybody in the BZP community, tunnel underground and start a colony where we ignore every new thing about Bionicle and only worship the 2001-2014 Bionicle era. People who like Hero Factory will not be allowed. Anybody caught with Hero Factory will be sentenced to The Pit.

The Bionicle Apocalypse, or Bioniclypse, refers to the event that LEGO may do what Disney did to Star Wars OR LEGO decided to cancel Bionicle again, forever. In case this happens, this is what we are going to do.

Everyone will gather all their Bionicles, get on a plane or boat and head to a already chosen remote island in the Pacific Ocean. Once their, we will build hut above ground and tunnel below the ground. We will build shrines and place all our Bionicles in them. To make things easier, all of the Tahu's will that one shrine, all the Lewa's will have one shrine. Each Bionicle will be marked with the owners name. Each day of the week, we will spend three hours worshipping Bionicle, except Sunday. That is the day when Mata Nui rested. We will build The Pit. Anybody that is caught worshipping or owning Hero Factory will be sentenced to The Pit. This includes even mentioning the name or saying "hero" and "factory" in the same sentence.

To keep with tradition, everyone will be broken into 6 tribes and everyone will wear a colored shirt and pants\shorts\dress in their tribes color: red, green, blue, black, white, brow. In order to avoid being sexist, all females will NOT be in the blue tribe. All tribes will be mixed.

Everyone will have a job while living underground. The black tribe will be in charge of creating and maintaining tunnels. The brown tribe will be in charge of building stone huts. The blue tribe will be in charge of the swimming pool and raising fish to eat. The green tribe will be in charge of growing trees and plants so we can breaths. The white tribe will be in charge of keeping the temperature just right. The red tribe will be in charge of the Kohli games.

Theft will not be allowed. Any one caught stealing will be sentenced to The Pit. Oh and did I mention that The Pit will have lasers, sharks, and laser sharks?

For the security system: in order to get into the underground city. one must pass three tests after everyone has moved in.

Test 1: The Ridiculously Long Stairs. 1000 steps must be stepped on. No step can be skipped, they must all be stepped on. If one step is skipped, then that will trigger the floor to drop and the person will fall into a special area of The Pit called "I'm Stupid And Tried To Skip A Step".

Test 2: 12th Grade Algebra Test. Now you will wish you paid attention to your 12 grade algebra teacher. But don't worry, there's only one question so you have a 50\50 change of failing. If one fails, the floor will be dropped and they will fall into a special area of The Pit called "I Really Wished I Passed 12th Grade Algebra".

Test 3: The Language Test. The person will be required to translate a series of messages written in the Bionicle language, as well as write the alphabet with their eyes closed. If they decode the 20 messages correctly, it will point to the correct door to proceed thought. If it is decoded incorrectly, it will point to one of 2 doors and when they step through, the floor will drop and they will fall into an area of The Pit called "I Never Learned The Bionicle Alphabet".

Anything else anyone would like to add? If I approve it, it will be listed below.

Approved Things:

The melting down of all HF sets that are not being used to make Bionicle sets, then remolding the pieces into Bionicle parts. (RahkshiToa88)

Edited by TheDarkSide
  • Upvote 3

BZStyle,

BZGrace,

BZPower in your face!

Best line in film history

"We have an old saying too, Georgi - and you're full of it."

All you need to know about me:

• Lifetime Bionicle fan
  • Loves Bionicle, HATES Hero Factory

Disney recently decided that all the things in Star Wars that were not in the 7 movies (counting Star Wars: The Clone Wars) are pointless. That means Boba Fett DOES die in ROTJ, Shadows Of The Empire doesn't happen, Luke doesn't flirt with the Dark Side in the Dark Empire comics. LEGO could see it as a "good idea" and follow suite.

And if LEGO ever decides to do that, I swear I will gather everybody in the BZP community, tunnel underground and start a colony where we ignore every new thing about Bionicle and only worship the 2001-2014 Bionicle era. People who like Hero Factory will not be allowed. Anybody caught with Hero Factory will be sentenced to The Pit.

The Bionicle Apocalypse refers to the event that LEGO may do what Disney did to Star Wars. In case this happens, this is what we are going to do.

Everyone will gather all their Bionicles, get on a plane or boat and head to a already chosen remote island in the Pacific Ocean. Once their, we will build hut above ground and tunnel below the ground. We will build shrines and place all our Bionicles in them. To make things easier, all of the Tahu's will that one shrine, all the Lewa's will have one shrine. Each Bionicle will be marked with the owners name. Each day of the week, we will spend three hours worshipping Bionicle, except Sunday. That is the day when Mata Nui rested. We will build The Pit. Anybody that is caught worshipping or owning Hero Factory will be sentenced to The Pit. This includes even mentioning the name or saying "hero" and "factory" in the same sentence.

To keep with tradition, everyone will be broken into 6 tribes and everyone will wear a colored shirt and pants\shorts\dress in their tribes color: red, green, blue, black, white, brow. In order to avoid being sexist, all females will NOT be in the blue tribe. All tribes will be mixed.

Everyone will have a job while living underground. The black tribe will be in charge of creating and maintaining tunnels. The brown tribe will be in charge of building stone huts. The blue tribe will be in charge of the swimming pool and raising fish to eat. The green tribe will be in charge of growing trees and plants so we can breaths. The white tribe will be in charge of keeping the temperature just right. The red tribe will be in charge of the Kohli games.

Theft will not be allowed. Any one caught stealing will be sentenced to The Pit. Oh and did I mention that The Pit will have lasers, sharks, and laser sharks?

For the security system: in order to get into the underground city. one must pass three tests after everyone has moved in.

Test 1: The Ridiculously Long Stairs. 1000 steps must be stepped on. No step can be skipped, they must all be stepped on. If one step is skipped, then that will trigger the floor to drop and the person will fall into a special area of The Pit called "I'm Stupid And Tried To Skip A Step".

Test 2: 12th Grade Algebra Test. Now you will wish you paid attention to your 12 grade algebra teacher. But don't worry, there's only one question so you have a 50\50 change of failing. If one fails, the floor will be dropped and they will fall into a special area of The Pit called "I Really Wished I Passed 12th Grade Algebra".

Test 3: The Language Test. The person will be required to translate a series of messages written in the Bionicle language, as well as write the alphabet with their eyes closed. If they decode the 20 messages correctly, it will point to the correct door to proceed thought. If it is decoded incorrectly, it will point to one of 2 doors and when they step through, the floor will drop and they will fall into an area of The Pit called "I Never Learned The Bionicle Alphabet".

Anything else anyone would like to add? If I approve it, it will be listed below.

Approved Things:

[none at this time]

I... don't see why Lego doing with Bionicle what Disney did with Star Wars would be a bad thing. In fact, doing EXACTLY what Disney did with Star Wars—keeping the core story while decanonizing peripheral stories (I guess things like the serials in this analogy)—might be the best way to do a continuation in the unlikely event of the story picking up from the end of original Bionicle.

However, what you seem to be implying is Lego doing a full reboot, which is even better. Why? Because the original Bionicle story is, for all intents and purposes, over. The villain is defeated, the Great Spirit Robot's mission is complete, and the heroes have established a new peace on Spherus Magna. Revisiting the flailing loose ends the serials left would make the story worse, not better, and trying to introduce new conflict after that ending (as the serials almost did) would mostly serve to undermine that conclusion.. Old Bionicle is effectively a closed book. And for anyone who does want to revisit it or experience it for the first time, it's not going away. It's just not going to get any longer—it will be preserved and encapsulated, at least as much as such a sprawling story ever could be.

Rebooting the theme, on the other hand, allows an entirely new generation of kids to experience the magic and mystery of Bionicle. And for older fans like myself, it allows us to see a "take-two" of the theme—keeping the good aspects, throwing out the bad, and in general starting fresh with a new story about similar characters.

In any case, I don't quite understand the reality-show solution you're proposing. As for me, I'm going to stay put and enjoy the new Bionicle as it happens.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm sure crowds of people will just be rushing to join it.

• Upvote 9
Bliss.png

Doesn't a scenario this ridiculous make more sense in comedies, or the blogs? It's not that I don't think your opinion is legitimate, but the lengthiness and humor of the first post feels more like a humor column or editorial than a topic for open discussion.

Anyway, the ironic thing about this scenario is that it sounds just about like what a BIONICLE reboot would be: re-inventing the BIONICLE universe, but rethinking the specifics and context of some of the previously established ideas and guidelines while mixing in some additional brand-new concepts.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 8

I... don't see why Lego doing with Bionicle what Disney did with Star Wars would be a bad thing. In fact, doing EXACTLY what Disney did with Star Wars—keeping the core story while decanonizing peripheral stories (I guess things like the serials in this analogy)—might be the best way to do a continuation in the unlikely event of the story picking up from the end of original Bionicle.

However, what you seem to be implying is Lego doing a full reboot, which is even better. Why? Because the original Bionicle story is, for all intents and purposes, over. The villain is defeated, the Great Spirit Robot's mission is complete, and the heroes have established a new peace on Spherus Magna. Revisiting the flailing loose ends the serials left would make the story worse, not better, and trying to introduce new conflict after that ending (as the serials almost did) would mostly serve to undermine that conclusion.. Old Bionicle is effectively a closed book. And for anyone who does want to revisit it or experience it for the first time, it's not going away. It's just not going to get any longer—it will be preserved and encapsulated, at least as much as such a sprawling story ever could be.

Rebooting the theme, on the other hand, allows an entirely new generation of kids to experience the magic and mystery of Bionicle. And for older fans like myself, it allows us to see a "take-two" of the theme—keeping the good aspects, throwing out the bad, and in general starting fresh with a new story about similar characters.

In any case, I don't quite understand the reality-show solution you're proposing. As for me, I'm going to stay put and enjoy the new Bionicle as it happens.

Do you not know what happened to Star Wars? Disney recently decided to throw away the ENTIRE expanded universe. That means Shadows Of The Empire never happened. Leia and Han never get married, Boba Fett does infact die in Episode IV. Disney destroyed an entire universe. What if LEGO does the same thing? Anything not in one set media (in this case I'm talking about the movies) is destroyed, doesn't count, non-canon.

I know I will enjoy the new Bionicle, I just don't want everything from the past years to be ignored by LEGO, just like Disney is doing with Star Wars.

Edited by TheDarkSide

BZStyle,

BZGrace,

BZPower in your face!

• Lifetime Bionicle fan

Do you not know what happened to Star Wars? Disney recently decided to throw away the ENTIRE expanded universe. That means Shadows Of The Empire never happened. Leia and Han never get married, Boba Fett does infact die in Episode IV. Disney destroyed an entire universe. What if LEGO does the same thing? Anything not in one set media (in this case I'm talking about the movies) is destroyed, doesn't count, non-canon.

I know I will enjoy the new Bionicle, I just don't want everything from the past years to be ignored by LEGO, just like Disney is doing with Star Wars.

Well, I do sort of have to agree that only keeping the movies canon would not work for BIONICLE, because the movies did not tell a complete story, unlike the Star Wars movies, which pretty much did (the expanded universe only ever existed for fans who wanted to go deeper). In general, picking and choosing parts of the old BIONICLE storyline to keep in continuity is a bad idea. But starting a whole new continuity is not out of the question — in fact, it might be the best thing for the theme.

• Upvote 2

A reboot doesn't mean the previous canon is destroyed. It's just a new story. They both still exist. One is current, one is not.

By the way, Han and Leia will almost certainly be married in Episode VII anyway. The expanded universe would have gotten in the way of the new trilogy far too much for it to feasibly have been kept canon.

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 4
Bliss.png

Well, Lego literally can't decanonize everything but the movies, because unlike Star Wars, the Bionicle movies don't tell a complete and cohesive story. There is literally nothing to bridge the gap between Web of Shadows and The Legend Reborn. If Lego WERE to decanonize all but one form of media, it would probably be the books, which were Bionicle's longest-running and most complete medium for telling the story. And in that case, the lack of peripheral media might well make the story better, not worse.

Lego rebooting EVERYTHING is a significantly different situation than the Disney/Star Wars one—it would be akin to Disney deciding to start the series over from scratch, telling a new story based on the characters and settings of A New Hope.

Of course, either way, there's one major similarity—nothing is happening to the old stories. Your Star Wars expanded universe novels aren't going to spontaneously combust, and neither are Bionicle's books, comics, movies and other story materials. In the case of Star Wars, the expanded universe novels are even going to continue to be published, just under an imprint that clearly establishes them as not canon to the new movies. And in the case of Bionicle, fans have done great services to the community by preserving everything from online games to story serials, so I think you can safely assume that the old story media is in good hands.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I can't tell if this is serious or sarcastic. The subject matter tells me sarcastic, but the depth tells me serious (sort of) . In either case:

How about no.

Besides. It's likely we're looking at either a reboot (In which case it'll be a clean break) or a continuation (In which case I very much doubt they'll cut off huge swathes of canon) . There was a reason that Disney decided to cut off the expanded universe, and that's because it was 30 years of so much content that it covered almost every event surrounding the movies down to when Trooper 167 scratched his nose on Tuesday. There was no room to maneuver with the new movies, if they hadn't axed it, they would have been restricted to adapting the more notable parts, which would have been boring for anyone who was already familiar with it.

• Upvote 2
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Sigh. Not this again.

EU is simply not part of new Canon. They are now separate Canons. EU is now marketed under 'Legends' Banner, while the new Canon is just that: a Canon with the flashy designation of "official".

They are just separate universes, and only one has the designation called "Official". Why in Mata Nui's nose hair would we have to hoard our sets? Lego isn't going to send BZP Lovers to steal them from us if this happens, much like Disney isn't doing that to all EU material. They're still continuing some of the nivel series, just nt so much anymore.

Honestly, it's all just inflated end-of-the-world hogwash. What is stopping us from enjoying the toys on our own? Do we really need to do such idiotic things as hiding away on an island?

If you are joking(which I hope you are), the it's not funny to spread this rubbish to everyone else, and would be better off in the comedy forum. Have a good day.

• Upvote 2

Could it please be Algebra 2 instead of 12th grade Algebra? I don't want to go into the Pit. (Where did my previous post go?)

Anyways... here is something I want approved- the melting down of all Hero Factory sets that are not being used to make Bionicle sets, then remolding the pieces into Bionicle parts. 

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Could it please be Algebra 2 instead of 12th grade Algebra? I don't want to go into the Pit. (Where did my previous post go?)

Anyways... here is something I want approved- the melting down of all Hero Factory sets that are not being used to make Bionicle sets, then remolding the pieces into Bionicle parts. 

Yes. Excellent.

I've added more onto my first sentence in the first post to add another reason for the Bionicle Apocalypse. I even invented a new word.

Edited by TheDarkSide

BZStyle,

BZGrace,

BZPower in your face!

• Lifetime Bionicle fan

Bionicle Propaganda? What does that even mean lol

Food spoils, seasons change, people grow old, and love fades; but plastic is forever.

This is the only worthwhile post in this thread. I move for a motion that eradicates this topic completely and, on top of its skeletal remains, make a new topic comprised entirely of Bionicle buzzwords and catchy slogans

-Tyler

• Upvote 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

So what you're saying is that we should tunnel underground and become... mole people?

I'm in.

Well if you want to become a mole person, then go ahead. (lol)

BZStyle,

BZGrace,

BZPower in your face!

• Lifetime Bionicle fan

If the new BIONICLE is a total reboot (which is almost guaranteed at this point) it just means it exists in a new continuity. The old continuity still exists. It's still canon, but it's a different canon to the new one. It's perfectly feasible for BIONICLE to have two canons. Why can't both exist side-by-side?

If you're still not convinced, just know that Greg was asked about this at the Lego Message Boards a few weeks back, before the official LEGO confirmation but at a time when Greg obviously knew BIONICLE was returning next year, and he said that in the case of a reboot the old continuity would continue to exist; it all actually happened, just in a different canon. Key word canon. Nothing is getting destroyed.

The first post weirded me out a bit. Just saying.....    :P

• Upvote 2

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I feel personally discriminated by this post because I, a De-Matoran, seems to be unwelcome to this new paradise. I too would like to rake in the fascination of destroying the Hero Factory lovers, and banishing all who don't know their alphabet to the pit, and journeying to the Pacific Ocean sounds nice, but me, my fellow De-Matoran, the Fe-, Fa-, Kra-, Av-, Vo-, Fa-, Su-, Ba-, Bo- and Ce- Matoran feel discriminated against this act to only love and respect the main six matoran types, which I will demand a court hearing.

On a sidenote - will there be fees? Do you accept widgets?

/ridiculousness 

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I would have something constructive to add to this thread, but I'm too busy laughing hysterically and shaking my head.  XD

• Upvote 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Question: If one day I'm feeling like wearing red instead of blue, can I change my clothes tribe?

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I don't see why not. The Pit is the only suitable punishment for such a person. /joke

But canonically isn't the Pit destroyed?

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Oh but that would be no fun.

I suggest Imprisonment Location on Spherus Magna with Nektaan and friends.

Edited by Boidoh

If we live underground, aren't we all living in the Pit?

tumblr_n4f2rhFzgC1tvnszbo2_250.gif

Edited by Archon~
  • Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

What worries me the most is the amount of time that you probably devoted to writing this.

Actually it took only about 5-10 minutes to think of and write.

Question: If one day I'm feeling like wearing red instead of blue, can I change my clothes tribe?

Treachery!

By the way - how would one in the white tribe keep the temperature "just right"? That seems like a hard job, considering everything's underground.

Life is no fun and games half the time.

BZStyle,

BZGrace,

BZPower in your face!

• Lifetime Bionicle fan

If we live underground, aren't we all living in the Pit?

tumblr_n4f2rhFzgC1tvnszbo2_250.gif

Or... Metru Nui?

-NotS

Plot twist: Metru Nui is the Pit and we were all deranged criminals all along.

• Upvote 3

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

I swear, when I saw this at the side and saw that a mod replied, I said inside, "Finally, about time this thing is locked."

Send it to the library or something, I don't even know what the point of this thing is, since half of the OT is some fanfic, which offends De-Matoran.

I'll contribute I guess... LEGO would never do that.

I'm just so amused by all the people who feel so offended by this.

So Bionicle fans starting a religious underground cult, eh? Sounds great to me. We can try to capture Greg and force him to answer all Bionicle canon questions against his will. We can have weekly Bionicle novel reading times and public screenings of the Bionicle movies. We'll eventually be forced to repopulate to sustain and keep the cult going, so we'll establish schools teaching the new children about Bionicle canon. Prayers will have to be made to Mata-Nui every morning.

If you don't think this is a good idea, then I don't know what's wrong with you. This is clearly the greatest thing to come to the Bionicle fanbase since Bionicle itself.

• Upvote 1

I'm just so amused by all the people who feel so offended by this.

So Bionicle fans starting a religious underground cult, eh? Sounds great to me. We can try to capture Greg and force him to answer all Bionicle canon questions against his will. We can have weekly Bionicle novel reading times and public screenings of the Bionicle movies. We'll eventually be forced to repopulate to sustain and keep the cult going, so we'll establish schools teaching the new children about Bionicle canon. Prayers will have to be made to Mata-Nui every morning.

If you don't think this is a good idea, then I don't know what's wrong with you. This is clearly the greatest thing to come to the Bionicle fanbase since Bionicle itself.

Well it's not really a cult, but more of an organization.

BZStyle,

BZGrace,

BZPower in your face!

• Lifetime Bionicle fan

Anybody that is caught worshipping or owning Hero Factory will be sentenced to The Pit. This includes even mentioning the name or saying "hero" and "factory" in the same sentence.

I don't see why you take a jab at Hero Factory here. In fact, from many various comversations I've seen here on BZP, I've come to the conclusion that Hero Factory had nothing to do with Bionicle ending in 2010. All HF did was replace it after it ended. Bionicle took itself out with its storyline that became harder and harder over time for new fans to join in. I can't say anything about HF sets or its storyline, since I never got into the theme. But neither of these were what made it replace Bionicle. It was simply the first theme to come out after Bionicle ended, and it shouldn't be hated for that reason alone.

And as other have said, a rebooted Bionicle doesn't discount what happened in the 2001-2010 story. It just makes it a lot easier for new fans to join the theme. To go back to Star Wars, I know the story of the movies, some of The Clone Wars episodes, and a couple of the books. I know almost nothing about the EU of Star Wars. So for someone like me to try and get into it now would really hard. Especially because I have things going on in my life that could delay me from catching up with it if I really wanted to invest in it. This is why Star Wars EU is going to be its own canon when Episode VII comes out, so that fans like me will be able to watch it without having to know what happened in the EU. This is the same logic that Lego is using for new Bionicle. Bionicle 2001-2010 still happened. Its still canon. But a rebooted storyline makes it easier for new fans to join in on it, which in turn could help the theme last even longer than its first run. And who knows, maybe the story will be even better this time out?  

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png