Leaked Content Policy Reminder

Hapori Tohu

I thought now was a good time for another reminder of the BZPower Leaked Content Policy. Specifically of interest is the part that states: "If the images or information were not officially released by LEGO or a reliable source, they cannot be posted on BZPower. Discussion of new sets and other information can wait until they are officially announced by LEGO or through its partners." Please do not post or discuss any leaked images on BZPower. If you see someone else do so, please report the post so the staff can remove it. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

View the full article

The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

The second rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

• Upvote 3

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

The second rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

Yep. Every time BZP posts this, I know it's time for me to search for leaked images that may or may not exist.

I do the same thing. Wish I didn't, but I do. Curiosity always gets the best of me. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If Lego announced the return of Bionicle and has already begun to tease us with the website and concept art, and hasn't yet shown us anything else, it's because Lego isn't ready to show us anything else. We need to respect that. Y'all are right, the leaks were very high quality, but they didn't show everything. If the images already exist out there, it means that we're likely to see them very soon at NYCC-- and not just the scraps that some people managed to fish out of an internet dumpster. Please be patient. The policy exists for good reason.

• Upvote 4

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Mmm... donuts.

You know, instead of making these informative announcements from time to time, why not just do what BS01 does, and have some sort of general header telling people not to post leaked images? Especially during a time like this when rumors and leaks run rampant.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

This is where I've always felt BZP has shot itself in the foot with it's support of LEGO and evidently control over it as well...

It's unfortunate that a place for fans of the series can not find or discuss these things here, since it is the biggest Bionicle community after all. 

And people will continue to seek these things out especially when posts like this are made to make everyone aware that leaked images are among the interwebs. And they're really really easy to find too... Which ironically does the opposite for LEGO when they enforce things like this. Maybe invest in some better security LEGO? Then you don't look like a bad guy and end up creating a win-win out of the situation. ;)

~T:ToT~

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

This is where I've always felt BZP has shot itself in the foot with it's support of LEGO and evidently control over it as well...

It's unfortunate that a place for fans of the series can not find or discuss these things here, since it is the biggest Bionicle community after all. 

And people will continue to seek these things out especially when posts like this are made to make everyone aware that leaked images are among the interwebs. And they're really really easy to find too... Which ironically does the opposite for LEGO when they enforce things like this. Maybe invest in some better security LEGO? Then you don't look like a bad guy and end up creating a win-win out of the situation. ;)

There really isn't much Lego can do to stop people from releasing this sort of information short of not sending out retailer catalogs, which isn't much of an option. And them wanting to protect their information does not make them look like "a bad guy," it's, again, their information, and the people who release leaks are breaking the law. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp that as such, Lego does not want that publicized, and it's not a serious problem that BZPower chooses to respect the wishes of the company that this entire website is kind of about. Admittedly, the way they do it with news stories like these might be a bit counterproductive, but still, it's tiring to have to keep reading posts like these. BZPower is not going to stop adhering to their leaks policy simply because some people can't be bothered to wait for official information. Everyone should just be patient. 

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 7

AXKP5KC.png

Well, apart from breaking the law, generally the leaked pictures often generate a lot of spam rather than actual discussion. Also since they are mostly preliminary pictures, it is a bit like criticizing something that probably has been already improved. I am curious about the new sets too, but I prefer to read discussion on the final sets than pages of hypotheses.

Edited by Kaxix
  • Upvote 4

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

I have no idea why so many people are announcing they're going to look at the leaked images. Good for you I guess? You're kinda like the people who were telling Greg their plans to pirate The Legend Reborn. Why do you feel the need to announce your questionable activities?

Because the world needs to know!! Don't you understand!?!?!?!??

Well... there's always Reddit... or Imgur... or Facebook... or twitter... or anyplace really.

Its the very reason that BZPower is the official forum for Lego Bionicle (now including things like Hero Factory and Chima and such) that it needs a no leak policy.

No matter how grating and itchy it might become XD

By the way, am I the only one that gets reminded of Death from Discworld every time Hapori Tohu posts?

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Well... there's always Reddit... or Imgur... or Facebook... or twitter... or anyplace really.

Its the very reason that BZPower is the official forum for Lego Bionicle (now including things like Hero Factory and Chima and such) that it needs a no leak policy.

No matter how grating and itchy it might become XD

By the way, am I the only one that gets reminded of Death from Discworld every time Hapori Tohu posts?

Just so we're clear, BZPower is a fan site, we're not an official forum for anything.

I can see the resemblance between Hapori Tohu and Death, without a doubt.

Just something that occurred to me... the leaked content policy applies solely to Lego, right? Would we be free to post, say, a leaked video game magazine scan or TV clip without it breaking that rule? Just wondering; I don't plan to post those sorts of things but was curious as to whether stuff unrelated to Lego fell under the same guidelines.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Just something that occurred to me... the leaked content policy applies solely to Lego, right? Would we be free to post, say, a leaked video game magazine scan or TV clip without it breaking that rule? Just wondering; I don't plan to post those sorts of things but was curious as to whether stuff unrelated to Lego fell under the same guidelines.

It only applies to LEGO.
  • Upvote 1

There really isn't much Lego can do to stop people from releasing this sort of information short of not sending out retailer catalogs, which isn't much of an option. And them wanting to protect their information does not make them look like "a bad guy," it's, again, their information, and the people who release leaks are breaking the law. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp that as such, Lego does not want that publicized, and it's not a serious problem that BZPower chooses to respect the wishes of the company that this entire website is kind of about. Admittedly, the way they do it with news stories like these might be a bit counterproductive, but still, it's tiring to have to keep reading posts like these. BZPower is not going to stop adhering to their leaks policy simply because some people can't be bothered to wait for official information. Everyone should just be patient. 

It's an old way of doing business though. There are many new ways you can take care of things like this, sure you may still have it, but it's due to the wrong people in the wrong place. And keep in mind perception is reality, so they could very easily look like a bad guy in this. 

If it were something LEGO didn't support it would probably be different, they at least understand what power BZP has around the Bionicle world, which makes there investment here a large stakeholder. It's just a bit of something that they have their hand in too much, ultimately making it less of a fan site in the end for me.  I can't say I ever remember the Leak Policy being what it is now, or at least it ever being enforced, although that was some time ago. I just remember seeing multiple images not Officially released by LEGO on the front page of BZP news is all, I miss the speculation and actual talk about the sets and believed ideas. BZP was a good place for that back then, I just miss having that here is all.

~T:ToT~

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

I can't say I can ever remember a time when the leak policy wasn't enforced as rigorously as it is now. It's just been five years since their were leaks so many members actually cared about.

I remember there being plenty of issues with leaked pics and info being posted back in late 2005 and early 2006, back when I was just a lurker. Even long before that, BZPower used to report on certain leaks as news... hence rumors such as the "Kranohi", the weird, wrinkly-looking masks that we later learned were prototypes for the Kanohi Nuva. Of course, back then, the LEGO Group didn't put "confidential" stamps on preliminary images, so it could be as simple as BZPower not knowing at that point that images from retailer's catalogs were not meant to be shared.
  • Upvote 1

I can't say I can ever remember a time when the leak policy wasn't enforced as rigorously as it is now. It's just been five years since their were leaks so many members actually cared about.

I remember there being plenty of issues with leaked pics and info being posted back in late 2005 and early 2006, back when I was just a lurker. Even long before that, BZPower used to report on certain leaks as news... hence rumors such as the "Kranohi", the weird, wrinkly-looking masks that we later learned were prototypes for the Kanohi Nuva. Of course, back then, the LEGO Group didn't put "confidential" stamps on preliminary images, so it could be as simple as BZPower not knowing at that point that images from retailer's catalogs were not meant to be shared.

Indeed, over the past thirteen years The LEGO Group's involvement with the community has changed in many ways. Just because we did something in the past doesn't mean we still do it now. If you want things on BZPower to never change I'll go and add back the rule about not being able to link to other forums or YouTube or Facebook. :P
  • Upvote 4

Indeed, over the past thirteen years The LEGO Group's involvement with the community has changed in many ways. Just because we did something in the past doesn't mean we still do it now. If you want things on BZPower to never change I'll go and add back the rule about not being able to link to other forums or YouTube or Facebook. :P

No please! Please... don't. 

You saying that just reminded me of all the frustration I felt back when I first jonied this site. :closedeyes:

• Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Still think it's just a prank.  A highly elaborate prank.  They even created a fake Lego FB page to throw everybody off.  Man, there's gonna be egg on all your faces when this comes out.  :P

:music:

HOW COULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING?!?!?  :onfire: 

• Upvote 2

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

By opening up a reply box, typing in the words and adding the proper emoticons, and hitting the post button.

It's not that hard.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )