Bionicle Style Guide

Torsti

Nice! This is fantastic to see. That trailer for the game that it shows has a bunch of footage from the scrapped Lewa level that we've never seen before, and I'm pretty sure images of standard (non-Nuva) Tahu and Kopaka shoes are new too - they certainly never made it to market!

Really appreciate the time you put into sharing this!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Cool video-- thanks for sharing!

Man, I hadn't seen a lot of those old CD-ROM videos in a long time. I enjoyed watching them again. I thought it was funny how they chose to close out the video with a rapid montage of all the toothbrushes, watches, clothing, etc. Even as a kid, I always considered that merchandise a little excessive and worried it would do more harm to the brand than good. I'm glad that LEGO has kept G2 restrained to sets and books for now. Personally, I'd be OK if we never got any more BIONICLE shoes. :P

• Upvote 1

Interesting to see that Lego knew Bionicle was their most successful Toy line; and were ready to milk it all the way to the bank. (I actually had one of those toothbrushes as a kid, sadly lost the Hau which came with it)

The funny thing is; I'm sure modern Lego has achieved bigger sales since the days of early Bionicle. Yet I feel this laid the groundwork for the marketing Lego does now.

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Hey guys.

Finally the video is here. Sorry for the bad quality...now let's see if this works..

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/6gc84a3anc3kbf9/Bionicle.mp4

Amazing, thank you so much for making this available to us! It's always interesting to be able to look into the marketing aspect of Bionicle more, and it was kinda cool to get confirmation on the fact that Bionicle was Lego's most successful line at the time.

That was awesome! Tnx for all the effort of sharing it with us!

And wow Bionicle brought Lego a ton of money just by 2003 cant even imagine how much they had by 2010. @.@
That was awesome! Tnx for all the effort of sharing it with us!

And wow Bionicle brought Lego a ton of money just by 2003 cant even imagine how much they had by 2010. @.@

Edit: Please watch the language.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

k4dyNA9.jpg?1

OPEN WORLD 3D GAME SET ON SPHERUS MAGNA AFTER THE END OF G1

And wow Bionicle brought Lego a ####ton of money just by 2003 cant even imagine how much they had by 2010. @.@

Howdy ChaosMarin! I just want to point out that the word underlined above is not acceptable for use on BZPower, and counts as bypassing the word filter. You can read more about it here. Welcome to BZPower!

bBhcfWO.png

• 1 month later...

First of all, thank you, it's truly awesome that you uploaded all these things for us, and I would love to download the .iso files, but I can't, there's seems to be an error with Mega or something, it says "temporary error, retrying", any help will be appreciated. however there are no problems when dowloading the video from the vhs. Again, awesome stuff, hoping it will get fixed :)   

• Upvote 2

First of all, thank you, it's truly awesome that you uploaded all these things for us, and I would love to download the .iso files, but I can't, there's seems to be an error with Mega or something, it says "temporary error, retrying", any help will be appreciated. however there are no problems when dowloading the video from the vhs. Again, awesome stuff, hoping it will get fixed :)   

Yeah, just stay on that page. I got the same message too, so I left the window open and did something else. When I came back it started downloading.

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

Nevermind, they downloaded in the end :D, maybe that day Mega wasn't feeling like working, anyways, I'm having some problems when trying to open some of the archives, mainly the .eps files and most of the files from cd 2, does anybody know any program that can open all that? I tried using Photoshop and it worked with pretty much all the .psd files in cd 1 but I can´t open anything from cd 2, any help?

Pd: The images themselves are freaking amazing.

• Upvote 1

Nevermind, they downloaded in the end :D, maybe that day Mega wasn't feeling like working, anyways, I'm having some problems when trying to open some of the archives, mainly the .eps files and most of the files from cd 2, does anybody know any program that can open all that? I tried using Photoshop and it worked with pretty much all the .psd files in cd 1 but I can´t open anything from cd 2, any help?

Pd: The images themselves are freaking amazing.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. If I go to the "CD content" folder for CD 2, I see PSD files. 

Hey guys

Would anyone mind ripping that video and putting it on YT? I'm afraid that's all that'd work for me.

Thanks for sharing Torsti, it's been a real great topic :D

Here you go!

• Upvote 3

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

What was the infamous video that spoiled the big reveal of 2008?

It can't be put on YouTube because it uses Indiana Jones music (:shrugs:) and gets flagged, but you can download it from the BioMediaProject in their "Internal Concept Videos" package (though it isn't entirely a concept video, the reason it ended up being discovered was that Amazon put it up on a page/s for 2008 sets even though it was meant to be a "watch this cool thing, it will convince you to stock our products" thing.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

wow, this is amazing stuff, thanks for sharing

(by the way I love the design on tarix's helmet)

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

wow, this is amazing stuff, thanks for sharing

(by the way I love the design on tarix's helmet)

Please refrain from posting in topics that have been inactive for 60 days or more.

Ba da ba ba baaaa ...

Topic McClosed.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg