Bionicle Style Guide

Torsti

So less about Bionicle and more about this internship. I'm currently an Industrial Design Student (on the BFA route) and I'm looking to get a good internship for this upcoming summer. How did you get this internship at Lego? It sounds like an absolute dream and something I'd love to do.

• Upvote 3

LewaKini.png

Credit to Eeko for the awesome sig. Lewa is the best!

can I have the rahkshi turahk :begging: :begging: :begging: :begging: please????

Why don't you just get one online? I'm sure there are plenty of people who own one that wasn't given to them as a special gift from the LEGO Group. Bricklink even has some used copies on sale for less than $4 apiece!
  • Upvote 8

Hey Guys

Thank you for all the kind replies and nice Tarix compliments, I'm flattered. And thanks for featuring this on the front page. Extra nice!

Well, there are some questions to answer.

-First off, don't worry. I will get the contents of the VHS and cd's out for you. I can see how excited you all are about that, and I wouldn't dream of just dangling this in front of you and then hide it away.

The VHS is going to take some time, but hopefully sometime this month. It all depends on my friend with the equipment to rip it. He's on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so you just have to be patient.

I can work on the cd's first thing next week. Been busy for the last couple of days and tomorrow. Then my in-laws are coming for a visit this weekend.. So sorry about that :D But somewhere next week I hope to have those cd's turned inside out for you all. One thing that I have to check though is if there is any secret Lego stuff on there, but I doubt it. Then I'll just skip that anyway.

-Storypoints and contradictions I can't help you with. You guys know way more than me about the story anyway..

-Protodite. It is a dream. It is a super nice workplace with only nice and wonderful, talented people. I have been doing a lot of freelance work for the Lego Brand-House Project for the last year and every time I come to the design offices in Billund it's not a job for me, it's just super fun and engaging. I can definitely recommend it...and there are Lego's everywhere! But just so you know it, this is an unpaid internship.

Go here and register and apply for your intern position:

https://jobsearch.lego.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_candidate_registration?sap-return-url=%2fsap%2fbc%2fwebdynpro%2fsap%2fhrrcf_a_startpage_ext_cand#

Be sure to say that you love Bionicle and perhaps show some nice custom builds ;)

- So sorry Gootah, I will have to hold on to mine, it goes so well with the rest of the guide. But Aanchir has a possible solution for you.

- Thedarkside. This was never sold anywhere. My best guess is the same as Perekis': "This is a guide that would be given to partners of the LEGO Group, so they would know what BIONICLE was and how to present it to consumers.".

- I am not thinking of selling this. I was just wondering if it was worth anything and what then. But I have come to realize now that this is definitely wort something, but nothing compared to the value of your excitement. I'll hang on to it for the next decade, then I can bring it to Bionicle conventions and let you look at it throug bulletproof glass and let you take pictures of your selves with it for a reasonable fee :D ..no, but seriously, I like the thing and it reminds me of a super fun and giving internship, and I couldn't put a dollar walue on that. 

Now I just remembered something I also have that you guys might be interested in seeing. But it's down in the basement aaand it's spooky down there so I'll get it tomorrow.

Cheers

Torsti

Edited by Torsti
  • Upvote 13

-First off, don't worry. I will get the contents of the VHS and cd's out for you. I can see how excited you all are about that, and I wouldn't dream of just dangling this in front of you and then hide it away.

The VHS is going to take some time, but hopefully sometime this month. It all depends on my friend with the equipment to rip it. He's on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so you just have to be patient.

I can work on the cd's first thing next week. Been busy for the last couple of days and tomorrow. Then my in-laws are coming for a visit this weekend.. So sorry about that :D But somewhere next week I hope to have those cd's turned inside out for you all. One thing that I have to check though is if there is any secret Lego stuff on there, but I doubt it. Then I'll just skip that anyway.

You're awesome!

Now I just remembered something I also have that you guys might be interested in seeing. But it's down in the basement aaand it's spooky down there so I'll get it tomorrow.

Hmm, looking forward to it!

• Upvote 2

Are signatures still a thing?

First off, don't worry. I will get the contents of the VHS and cd's out for you. I can see how excited you all are about that, and I wouldn't dream of just dangling this in front of you and then hide it away.

As JrMasterModelBuilder said - you're awesome!

I like the thing and it reminds me of a super fun and giving internship, and I couldn't put a dollar walue on that.

You're a sensible person. Some things just are not worth money - and powerful memories are one of those things.

Sounds intriguing! I wonder what it could be...

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 2

This is so cool! Not just for what it actually is, but also kind of seeing how Lego presented the story and concepts behind closed doors. Thanks for sharing! Must be a very prized (collection of) possession(s). :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Hey, that image of Lewa falling into the swirling vortex - I've only ever seen it with a blueish vortex, usually described as him entering Energized Protodermis... But this guide has a version of the image with a red-orange vortex... This is the first time I've seen that version of it, has it been used elsewhere, or..?

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

can I have the rahkshi turahk :begging: :begging: :begging: :begging: please????

Did you really just create an account to ask that?

• Upvote 5

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Hey, that image of Lewa falling into the swirling vortex - I've only ever seen it with a blueish vortex, usually described as him entering Energized Protodermis... But this guide has a version of the image with a red-orange vortex... This is the first time I've seen that version of it, has it been used elsewhere, or..?

The graphic is indeed unique to this book. It might be an early version of the more widely used blue-energy image, that someone accidentally used here.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

You lucky, lucky thing! How much would you price this baby at?

He wouldn't sell something this precious. =P He just mentioned it, unless you mean if he were to sell it. I'd think it would be worth a lot.

Anyway, I don't remember being this envious of someone over Lego. You are very lucky to get something like this.

This gives me incredible memories. Thank you, sir, for sharing this with us!

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Hey Alijar

The blue prototypes and the sphere are 3D printed thermoplastic. They have then been spraypainted. You can see this on the inside of the sphere with the leeches in it.

The orange leeches are test molds made from cheaper rubber to basically test the metal molds for the part before the slightly more expensive transparent green was put through. There are always test molds in cheaper colours of all parts that are in special colours or double injected. But those almost always end in the recycling bin after the part has been approved. Imagine all the funky coloured Bionicle masks that have gone to the smelter ;)

Cheers

Torsti

Edited by Torsti
  • Upvote 4

The ultimate collector's item. You have one of the best things in the world. So awesome! Congrats man!

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

are you willing to sell me this?

Torsti has already said he will not sell it, but keep it instead.

However, he is being super generous by posting all about it here, for all of us to have access to. Yay!

• Upvote 3

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

Hey Alijar

The blue prototypes and the sphere are 3D printed thermoplastic. They have then been spraypainted. You can see this on the inside of the sphere with the leeches in it.

The orange leeches are test molds made from cheaper rubber to basically test the metal molds for the part before the slightly more expensive transparent green was put through. There are always test molds in cheaper colours of all parts that are in special colours or double injected. But those almost always end in the recycling bin after the part has been approved. Imagine all the funky coloured Bionicle masks that have gone to the smelter ;)

Cheers

Torsti

So basically the orange leeches are a different test rubber but closer to the final result than the light-blue ones?

qs3135.jpg

Wow, Google is browsing this topic. :P

I don't normally do this, and I know you already said that you'd like to keep all of it, but would you mind maybe giving away a prototype Shadow Leech?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Hey guys

Sorry, was too busy yesterday. But here is the little thing I promised to show you. Since these have been out for almost ten years now, I am sure it's ok to show you this.

These vere all sitting in the drawer of my desk when I started my internship and before I left I asked if I could keep them. They said ok.

So here I have some printed prototypes of Shadow Leeches (blue) and the ball they come in, and three orange testmolds. You can see that the printed prototypes are more evil and sharper than the finished product. This was a general rule at Bionicle, make the weapons and stuff as sharp and evil as possible and then let the engineers and child safety people sort it :D

Well, have a good weekend and I'll get back to you next week with those cd's.

Cheers

Torsti

jvzeXUQ.jpg

where did you get those prototypes? I want some

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Thanks Torsti, very cool!

Hey guys

Sorry, was too busy yesterday. But here is the little thing I promised to show you. Since these have been out for almost ten years now, I am sure it's ok to show you this.

These vere all sitting in the drawer of my desk when I started my internship and before I left I asked if I could keep them. They said ok.

So here I have some printed prototypes of Shadow Leeches (blue) and the ball they come in, and three orange testmolds. You can see that the printed prototypes are more evil and sharper than the finished product. This was a general rule at Bionicle, make the weapons and stuff as sharp and evil as possible and then let the engineers and child safety people sort it :D

Cheers

Torsti

Do you know how to read? He very clearly told us exactly where he got them.

• Upvote 7

no I have been on here before this. I just never had posted yet. ya know I won the bz power NY Comic con ticket contest and to aachir I do not have a credit card.

There isn't really a chance of you buying anything online without a credit card. :confused:

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Thanks Torsti, very cool!

Hey guys

Cheers

Torsti

Do you know how to read? He very clearly told us exactly where he got them.

I missed that

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Can you give us pictures, or scans if it's a binder, of the pages of the actual Style Guide?  I didn't see if you said you were already planning on that, so I thought I'd ask.

Why don't you just get one online? I'm sure there are plenty of people who own one that wasn't given to them as a special gift from the LEGO Group. Bricklink even has some used copies on sale for less than $4 apiece!

I wasn't the one who asked and I have a Turahk, but how much is shipping on Bricklink?