Bionicle Style Guide

Torsti

I handed in my donation box today!  Unfortunately, the place doesn't do receipts anymore (I guess they want you to value it yourselves for tax purposes?), so I don't really know how much they value the stuff at, but for the record I donated:

1) Bionicle Adventures Chapter Books 1-10 (new condition)

2) Bionicle Legends Chapter Books 1-11 (new condition)

3) Bionicle: The Legend Reborn hardcover + bonus DVD (good condition)

4) two Bionicle t-shirts (medium sized, like new -- hardly worn)

and ...

5) a silver Kanohi Hau, and map of Mata Nui from the Power Pack. :P

As it turns out, my comics were missing staples (must have taken them out at some point), so I didn't hand those in.  But it was still a good variety of stuff!  In the end, I really ought to be thanking Torsti, because this pushed me to overcome a little bit more of my OCD.  (Parting with this box three years ago would have been out of the question, so I'm grateful I had a reason to do it.)

Thanks for the stuff, and as always, I look forward to the next batch! :)

Edited by TehBestMemberEvar!1
  • Upvote 2

I handed in my donation box today!  Unfortunately, the place doesn't do receipts anymore (I guess they want you to value it yourselves for tax purposes?), so I don't really know how much they value the stuff at, but for the record I donated:

and ...

As it turns out, my comics were missing staples (must have taken them out at some point), so I didn't hand those in.  But it was still a good variety of stuff!  In the end, I really ought to be thanking Torsti, because this pushed me to overcome a little bit more of my OCD.  (Parting with this box three years ago would have been out of the question, so I'm grateful I had a reason to do it.)

are you willing to sell me a shirt

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

and ...

Already gave it to charity.  Maybe just keep an eye on ebay.  Moms love to get rid of their kid's old stuff from time to time for cheap. ;)

and ...

Already gave it to charity.  Maybe just keep an eye on ebay.  Moms love to get rid of their kid's old stuff from time to time for cheap. ;)

I've never heard such truer words

• Upvote 2

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

As I posted earlier, I was having trouble running CD 2 when I unpacked it, but I recently tried running the packaged version, and it ran fine for some reason.  I guess I don't need help with it after all.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys

My friend with the video equipment is back and ready to help me out with the VHS tape. Guess it might happen sometime during the coming week. But let's see. Soon at least.

I have been a bit busy lately so I haven't been able to document the Style guide folder. Hope I get some time soon to look into that. But I guess you guys are more excited about the contents of the VHS ;) All in good time..

Torchbearer: It was a challenge, but a fun one. Every design process has it's dificulties, but if you really love what you are doing it is more a mission than a task. I have many times been sitting and working on a Lego project, listening to my favorite music, doing good stuff and suddenly thinking: "I'm actually getting paid for this. How lucky am I?".

But it's the same old story, I didn't just fall into my situation, it took years of dedication and hard work.

Have a nice weekend.

Torsti     

Edited by Torsti
  • Upvote 3

Hey guys

My friend with the video equipment is back and ready to help me out with the VHS tape. Guess it might happen sometime during the coming week. But let's see. Soon at least.

I have been a bit busy lately so I haven't been able to document the Style guide folder. Hope I get some time soon to look into that. But I guess you guys are more excited about the contents of the VHS ;) All in good time..

Torchbearer: It was a challenge, but a fun one. Every design process has it's dificulties, but if you really love what you are doing it is more a mission than a task. I have many times been sitting and working on a Lego project, listening to my favorite music, doing good stuff and suddenly thinking: "I'm actually getting paid for this. How lucky am I?".

But it's the same old story, I didn't just fall into my situation, it took years of dedication and hard work.

Have a nice weekend.

Torsti     

Great Im sure everyone can't wait to see it!

You have a nice weekend too!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Hey guys

Have a nice weekend.

Torsti     

Are you allowed to upload it or is it copyrighted?

Are you allowed to upload it or is it copyrighted?

The image that is your avatar is also technically copyrighted. This seems like it falls under fair-use. Also, time has shown that LEGO is nothing like the record labels of the early 2000's. They simply don't care.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

I'm so sorry for the hold up. Have been extremely busy on a project for the last few weeks. But I haven't forgotten you. I will hopefully get together with my friend this weekend and convert the VHS to digital.

Have a good one!

Torsti

• Upvote 3

Life happens, don't worry too much about it. We are all certainly happy to wait, you've contributed so much already.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Hey guys

I'm so sorry for the hold up. Have been extremely busy on a project for the last few weeks. But I haven't forgotten you. I will hopefully get together with my friend this weekend and convert the VHS to digital.

Have a good one!

Torsti

Can't wait-

Well, actually I can wait. :P  But anyway, I'm excited to see what's on the VHS! (Hoping for a higher-quality version of the TV commercials or some never-before-seen Bionicle content... ^_^

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 1 month later...

Awesome, I really look forward to it! :) Bummer about the VHS - maybe you'll come up with a solution, but no rush. ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

I bet there is like an fbi briefing on that tap :) But it does seem very interesting, whatever is on there.

Always remember, the three virtues.

Unit,   Duty,    Destiny.

300px-Unity%2C_Duty_and_Destiny.jpg

That is the way of the BIONICLE.      

Man, I remember being so excited one year on my birthday, opening up Tarix. Thank you, My good sir.

The book in the style guide reminds me of a book my mom bought me and my brother way back when... I must have read that thing at least 23 times over. I remember I got the book after the Mask of Light movie came out. There was a page about the "mysterious seventh toa" that told some prophecy about Takanuva. I was like "Don't they know it's Takua? Didn't they see the movie?", not realizing the book was older

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys

I am so sorry. A lot of things happened over a year ago. Moving and getting a new job and stuff... I am now a model designer for Legoland Parks, working in Billund. I got thrown into a whirlwind of projects and totally forgot about this thing.

Well, I still owe you a glimpse at the VHS tape. My friend with the converting machine moved permanently to Copenhagen, so that option is off. But I have a old vcr that works with my smart TV, so I can use my DSLR to record it. Then upload it for you guys to the tube, or something of your choice. How does that sound?

Anybody got any idea about the worth of my mint condition Style Guide? Just asking for insurance reasons...

Hope you see this post. Anyway, have a great weekend and again, sorry for the delay...

Keep building!

Torsti

• Upvote 7

Wow, Torsti has returned! Welcome back! :)

I recommend that instead of uploading your video to YouTube, you upload it to a file-sharing site such as Mediafire or MEGA, to preserve the quality (YouTube automatically lowers the quality of videos that are uploaded to it.)

Hey SkeletonMan

Thanx, took a while  ;)

I will work on this over the weekend. Any special wishes? I can record an unboxing...

• Upvote 1

Glad to see you back, Torsti! If I remember correctly a style guide similar to yours sold on eBay a while ago for about $300, so its worth might be somewhere in that ballpark.

Excited to see the VHS!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Glad to see you back, Torsti! If I remember correctly a style guide similar to yours sold on eBay a while ago for about $300, so its worth might be somewhere in that ballpark.

Excited to see the VHS!

Hey Pereki

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to know. Not selling this thing ever, it means too much for me and my LEGO career.

Like I said, I might record the VHS tape this weekend and possibly an unboxing. My girlfriend suggested that... :D

T. 

• Upvote 3

Anybody got any idea about the worth of my mint condition Style Guide? Just asking for insurance reasons...

Well, last year one sold on eBay for $349.95, so that might be the closest thing you'll get to an appraisal. That one included a different Rahkshi, but the contents otherwise seem to be the same as yours.

Congrats on your new job! :D

Hey Aanchir

Thanks for the info. I'm keeping it for my future children to love it, or cash in in 2068 :)  ..And thank you! It's a really nice job. I get to travel all over the world. Look for my designs in the new Legoland Park, opening in Dubai in Oktober! ;)

Hey SkeletonMan

Don't mention it! I have this object that you guys love and want to see. Like I have said before, I have a solid collectors gene in me and can relate to you guys totally.

My girl is nervous that I will be obscene in the video... Well, if I swear, you guys have to excuse me....

T.

• Upvote 1

Haha, your girlfriend's probably right about keeping it clean for the kiddies. :-P Can't wait!

Hey SkeletonMan

I'll see what I can do ;)

But guys..

Please give me links to the best video service you want my material on for your pleasure. then I will deliver.

have a good one!

T. 

• Upvote 1

Wow, man, you've got an awesome thing going on!

On how many projects did you work so far? Did you design Tarix from scratch or was it just the blades? 

lol at how you kept them waiting for a year. :'D VHS is a tear-jerker. 

k4dyNA9.jpg?1

OPEN WORLD 3D GAME SET ON SPHERUS MAGNA AFTER THE END OF G1

Wow, I remember following this topic over a year ago! Glad to see you're back. :)

That style guide is just awesome. It has everything that I always loved about the BIONICLE aesthetic. Such a simple, minimalist layout, but with so much detail put into the fonts and the images. I also like the way the box opens up, with the weird cut-outs that remind me of the 2002 Nuva Cube (or 2016 Uniter symbols, whichever you prefer).

Please do share that video when you get a chance. I'd love to see what strange and forbidden BIONICLE knowledge it contains. :P

Hey guys.

Don't worry, I haven't disappeared again. Something came up on Saturday that needed my attention over the weekend, so I couldn't film any. Sorry about that. I'm free whole next weekend, so let's see what happens..

Wow, man, you've got an awesome thing going on!

On how many projects did you work so far? Did you design Tarix from scratch or was it just the blades? 

lol at how you kept them waiting for a year. :'D VHS is a tear-jerker. 

Thank you.

For Lego I have worked on Bionicle, Star Wars, Chima and a lot of concept stuff. The year before I started at Legoland I was only working on concept development for the new Lego Brand House they are building in Billund. It will be a huge interactive Lego playhouse and museum. Guess you can start looking forward to that ;)

For Legoland I have mostly worked on the new Dubai park opening in October and the new Tokyo park opening next year. 

I designed Tarix' body from existing parts, just changed the colours. The mask and blades I designed from scratch based on a gladiator theme..

T.

• Upvote 5