How would you change the older bionicle?

masterchirox580

Hm...

Equal representation of males and females over all elements.

More development of locations and species (we didn't even get names for the prime species!). Possibly sets for species as well (more Skakdi and Vortixx)

Less convoluted serials; a more streamlined side story that's planned out beforehand.

More appearances of the minor elements; not the same six elements every year.

More creative set designs, no clone sets; 2007, though a little overboard with the Barraki, is what I was thinking of.

Better launchers (rhotuka had no aim, cordak tended to misfire, nynrah had no range).

That's all I can think of.

• Upvote 2

More control over the movies so that I had to approve everything!

I wouldn't have made Sidorak a cowardly wimp

I would have had a better set up building towards the Kanohi Vahi

A complete year in which the Toa had to face the Dark Hunters, not like in 2004 where it was only Krekka and Nidhiki nor like in 2006 where the Piraka were not current members.

A non-direct sequel (like Legend of Korra) for 2015

etc.

1. Multigender, though still gender-dominant, Matoran species. (Ta-, Ba-, De-, Po-, Onu- and Fe-Matoran would be primarily male, yet still have females. Ga-, Vo-, Ce-, Le-, and Ko-Matoran would be the opposite)

2. More time in Metru Nui, whether flashback or post-Return.

3. Less bit-characters who are ostensibly important (Tren Krom, Botar and his identical replacement, Helryx, Umbra, the Dark Hunters as a whole.

4. More Dark Hunters. A mercenary organization? Why didn't Turaga Dume hire one or two to protect him and the Rahaga as they repaired Metru Nui, for example? They're mercenaries, so Always Evil is bad for business. They may even welcome the chance to find and kill Teridax that would cone with having numbers near Metru Nui.

5. Tighter lore control. All story-related aspects should have been under one person's supervision, making sure that there is a solid canon reflected across all media, including fan-creations/-ideas adopted into canon.

6. A more fleshed-out Spherus Magna. What is the Glatorian species named? How do the baterra react to the arrival of creatures who are armed without having to wield weapons (To a can manifest blasts of their element without Tools, Rahi have projectile weapons built into their body and dangerously lethal abilities, and Skakdi's eyebeams are also capable of killing)? Do Bone Hunters steal the metallic bones of their victims, fashion them into weapons, then sell them back to the Glatorian and Agori?

7. More story. Everyone's going to say that, but more focused story as well.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

1. Remove alternate universes

2. Either end the story in 2008 or continue it so that Bara Magna gets more screentime

3. Remove alternate universes

4. Less Vezon

5. Remove alternate universes

6. Fewer separate species (in the later years many indivdual sets were made to represent separate species that never got more representatives)

7. Remove alternate universes

• Upvote 1

1. Remove alternate universes

2. Either end the story in 2008 or continue it so that Bara Magna gets more screentime

3. Remove alternate universes

4. Less Vezon

5. Remove alternate universes

6. Fewer separate species (in the later years many indivdual sets were made to represent separate species that never got more representatives)

7. Remove alternate universes

The Dark Mirror universe and Kingdom universes were interesting, and Dark Mirror was easily one of the best serials.

Anyway, I would simply remove the gender-restricted tribes. Sure, the Toa Teams would have more males than females. This is a toyline that is predominantly male, afterall. But why restrict the tribes in order to have at least one female? LEGO could have mixed it up.

Also, whilst the Inika builds did get annoying, LEGO could have given us more recolours.

No rubbery Inika masks.

Mask packs for the Metru, Inika and Mahri masks.

• Upvote 1

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Remove:

- unnecessary sci-fi-ness (plasma blasters, OUR PHYSICS ARE DIFFERENT, gravity and magnetism as elements)

- Great Beings and the whole Magna thing

- excessive species the majority of Dark hunters' and such factions' members are from

- gender restrictions

- excessive amounts of time in storyline and lifespans

- not admitting mistakes such as Keetongu on the cover of DH book

- overpowered masks, abilities and beings

Bring back:

- mystery

- spirits

Maybe more.

TOO LATE.

IT WAS ALWAYS TOO LATE.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I would've kept everything on the island of Mata Nui. Or at least keep the tribal environment. I know this is a horrible idea marketing-wise, but I just loved the idea of sci-fi robots in a tropical island/tribal setting. It seems oxymoronic, which was what made it so delightful. When we went to Metru Nui, yeah that was cool, but it was robots in a robot city environment. Wow. Haven't seen that before. 

Like I said, this is probably a horrible idea because things need to be mixed up and made new to sell moar toys haha. But yeah that's what I would have changed/kept the same.

• Upvote 1

mnog3d_banner.jpg

"A fully explorable 3D version of the original island of Mata Nui is being developed. Copy this signature to support the project!"

Maybe not change the colours of the small pins and axles. Those colour schemes got mad gross after a while.

Also make the Toa Phantoka/Mistika more like their original Nuva counterparts.

And finally, reintroduced original green, blue and brown way earlier than they were, and got rid of bley as a secondary colour for a majority of sets.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

My complaints where mostly setwise

Though when it came to villains it was that Greg F's villains tended to be copies of eachothers. They were just evil in power hungry. Got boring with the Makutas, and the Barraki. The Skakdi were the same.

Now setwise, i believe they could have skipped the block system sets, as they proved to be a failure after all, and took away budget from the other sets.

I wasn't fond of the Inika's designs.

And the final thing i would have changed was in the Mahri Nu year. The underwater them was fantastic, and several of the sets had sweet designs. As i said before, if they had skipped the mini sets, the regular sets might have gotten more parts in them. Hence why each of the toa's packaing would be a part of the Underwater crawler, whereas the head and other parts would have been sold seperately. And they would be electronic so that you could control it via remote, ala Manas.

Oh and not to forget that Toa Iruini should have been Toa Nidhiki. *hmph!*

• Upvote 1

small_daidalos_banner.jpg

I wouldn't have made Sidorak a cowardly wimp

That is literally the best part about Sidorak tho. :u

anyway, i think my opinion on this matter is pretty clear:

1. We need more gals in this story, where are all the gals at? (if this isn't fixed in bionicle's return i will be disappointed.)

2. A more seamlessly smooth storyline, i get it is set in yearly "settings" but i'm pretty sure they could tie those in a less jarring fashion?

3. no "high-tech" technobabble stuff. (but more details on what makes actual tech tick, like the disk-to-mask conversion list!)

4. Reduce the number of sapient races. (seriously, for living inside one giant robot, there were far too many different little robots. [also the skrall should nto have been a species.])

5. Minor set-design gripe, but i think the shoulders got a tad bit wide, and the torsos a tad bit flat later on. i'd fix this. somehow. :0

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

• 1 month later...

2 things:

1.  I saw an old diagram back in '02 that is now in FaberFiles that shows some sort of evolution of Toa and Bohrok, suggesting a "common ancestor", which would make the Bohrok more like the evil brothers to the Toa- I think they should've gone with this. It's more poetic and reflects the recurring theme of sibling rivalry in BIONICLE. (In my HeadCanon, it's Canon).

2. Bohrok-Kal! Their Krana were still alive, and I was totally hoping for the swarms to make a comeback as a villain...never happened.

The Swarms Will Rise Again!...maybe.

Remove gender restrictions, as has been said.

More Order Of Mata Nui, Brotherhood, Dark Huneter stuff. It would be great to see the 'other' factions that actually do the most work in the story.

More good AUs, like Dark Mirror. They were some of the best.

No more ridiculous Vezon.

More Bara Magna. There seemed to be too little stuff happening for an entire planet

There seem to be many people clamouring for more mystery. But without resolution, the mystery would lose its flavour, so I would definitely keep the more sciencey bits of the world.

Also, more Metru. Not enough content for what was ostensibly the most important place in the MU.

Not wanting to restate things others have already mentioned (and ignoring all of the Vezon hate while I'm at it), I would've made the Kaita appear more often, and possibly redesigned their color schemes to be more symetrical. It felt a little lame to know that three sets could combine into something even more awesome only to see it happen, what, a magical four times in the story? You would think that during all the battles between teams of characters and the uber-powerful beings that they had trouble taking down (examples: Vezon and Kardas, Irnakk, The Kanohi Dragon, The Bahrag, etc.), we'd see a few Kaita busted out, but no...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.