Steal the Mask 3

Onaku

I decide to move to a rogue planet in the depths of the void between galaxies, and build a small settlement there powered by a massive fusion reactor built into its core. The reaction is stable enough to last for millions of years, and pumps out heaps of energy, which I use to create a shield around the planet that keeps in an atmosphere and keeps the surface warm. I then give up my godhood and become mortal, build a family in the settlement and enjoy the rest of my days away from the War for the Mask.

Not my mask.

I'll take it that you thought the godsbane explosion worked, since you took such a large risk. Don't worry, I'll allow you to live your days in peace.

Anyway, I suddenly appear behind Inary and dropkick him through a sun, making sure to prevent him from getting an easy target on me. Death may not be permanent, but it is painful.

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

I allow you to think you know about my planet's whereabouts, when in reality, it is hidden from even you. When I gave up my godhood, I made sure to use the last ounces of my abilities to move the planet into the deepest depths of the universe, effectively hiding me and my settlement from you and everyone else. The shield itself hides my signature from all methods of detection, meaning it is impossible to find me. Not that it matters, because I don't have the mask.

My peaceful life.

Like I said, I'm fine with you retiring. As long as you don't threaten my vision of a perfect multiverse, I won't interfere with your life.

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

It's not like Toa Smoke Monster was any better. The Mask of Creation has the capability to be a game-changer, and yet he used it to perform a trivial task which anyone could perform. Creating "a way to get the Mask" doesn't help him, since it does nothing to prevent me from easily taking it back. Even using the Mask's power directly would have been a better move than creating the vaguest thing imaginable, at least then I'd be able to counter it. How am I supposed to counter "a way to get the Mask"? It could be literally anything, I've got nothing to work with. At least if he had used the Mask itself against me, I could have just shattered it and had something to work off of. He has a Mask with the power to create anything (as well as a massive raw power boost) and yet he uses it to make the most non-descript thing imaginable.

What I'm saying is, I can't be expected to be particularly creative if I'm given nothing to work with.

My Mask.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I jump onto TwilightVezon's head legs first. I wrap myself around him and shift my weight to the ground. He is slammed into the ground, dropping the mask, but he is unscathed. I roll away as he tries to get at me after taking the mask. He attempts to use his magnetism against me, but I start rolling so fast that my polarity shifts every second. I suddenly stop and throw something. He continues in vain to summon me back to him. As the object I threw flies at him, TwilightVezon is oblivious to the danger he is in. Unbeknownst to him, that object was the God Buster. Without a second to react, the God Buster lodges itself into TwilightVezon and the shock is monumental. TwilightVezon is ripped apart in a magnificently malevolent explosion as he becomes the first victim of the God Buster.

My mask.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Nice plan, but there's one problem. I may be destroyed, but the Staff is not, and it teleports your God Buster to another universe to prevent you from retrieving it. It then restores my mind from the latest saved back-up of my mental patterns, and I throw you through a planet, creating a massive explosion as the planet erupts and destroys itself. (The God Buster's a powerful weapon though, it would have worked if I hadn't cheated.)

My Mask.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Remember that little bit of the God Buster being linked to my soul because it has a piece of my soul in it? Well... I summon the God Buster back to myself through its spiritual connection with me. 

I slam my leg into your shins. You run towards me and I trip you. You hit the ground once more, but this time, I ram my foot into the back of the head and slam your face into the ground with a much greater force.

My mask.

t5pQDlO.jpg

A brave band of hoi turtles takes it upon themselves to create the ultimate warrior to fight on their behalf for the mask. Using the best parts of their genetics, combined with genetics from the strongest warriors in the universe, they create Hoi-Nui, the patron heroine of all hoi turtles. With the power of heroism and awesomeness on her side, Hoi-Nui manages to best you in combat and claim the mask.

Hoi-Nui's mask.

I brainwash Hoi-Nui into massacring her own allies, since these hoi turtles are beginning to get on my nerves.

(It's so rare that I get to mesmerise people, since the only people I can normally use it on are too weak for it to be beneficial (meaning everyone except you, Inary and ToaTimeLord). I don't recall having used it since I made The Rider incinerate himself, and that was way back in Steal the Mask 2.)

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Unfortunately for you, creating everything in existence which could possibly destroy me is very inefficient, and doesn't help you in the long run. It also doesn't inhibit me in any way once I restore my body, and I start by teleporting directly in front of you and grabbing your face with enough strength to shatter your Mask. I then throw you to the side and order Hoi-Nui to finish you off.

My Mask.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I come up from behind you and strangle you with a pair of clackers.

My mask.

t5pQDlO.jpg

As a final dying act, a fatally wounded hoi turtle breaks Hoi-Nui from TwilightVezon's control, and instills a barrier in her mind that prevents TwilightVezon from ever taking control of her again. Realizing what has happened, Hoi-Nui rushes to the side of the dying hoi turtle, weeping for her comrade. As the turtle dies in her arms, Hoi-Nui screams out in pure rage. Righteous fury pulses through her veins, making her more powerful and more deadly then ever before. She begins by not-so-politely taking the mask from you.

Hoi-Nui's mask.

Inary's attempt to kill me fails since I have no need for oxygen (being an entity currently composed of pure light), but I'm annoyed that I lost control of Hoi-Nui so quickly. I'm not even ready to play my trump card yet.

I use the Staff to create a shadowy apparition of the dreaded dragon Smaug, who scorches Hoi-Nui with his terrible flames.

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I'm knocked back by the blow but Hoi-Nui is prevented from continuing his assault by Smaug, who flies in to pick me up. I create a second Shadowy duplicate, this time of the ancient warrior Shadowhawk, to cover me. He pulls out his Black Rod of Power, which he uses to fire a powerful blast of pure shadow at Hoi-Nui.

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I jump into the fray and absorb the shadow blast into the God Buster. I stab Hoi-Nui and she meets a similar fate to you a little bit ago. I then fling the shadow blast at you, countering your light-based body. You are disoriented and crash yourself and your Shadow Smaug into a wall.

My mask.

t5pQDlO.jpg

(I'll assume disarming Inary didn't involve touching the Soul Buster, since that would immediately put Hoi-Nui in a lot of pain.)

I use the distraction to recover, and I use the Staff to create a Shadowy duplicate of the Scythe of Destiny. I think I'll save the alternate use of this weapon for later, but suffice to say that it makes a good melee weapon.

I jump down from Shadowy Smaug and attack Inary using the Shadowy Scythe of Destiny, while Shadowy Shadowhawk uses his Cloak of Void to create a Shadowy Ice Rod, which he uses to freeze Hoi-Nui solid. This allows him to take the Mask.

My Mask.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

The clone then quickly dissipates, as it lacks a power source powerful enough to maintain its form. Remember, I'm a hologram powered by the Staff.

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I summon mirrors around you, and your body made of light begins bouncing against them. After enough reflective energy and tension builds up, I angle the mirrors up and send you into the heavens at, well, light speed.

My mask. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

I manage to defect your attack while you are traveling at light speed. This causes you to slam into a conveniently placed nearby concrete wall really hard, stunning you long enough for my to get the Mask.

My Mask. B-)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Before he slams into that wall, Hoi-Nui swiftly jumps in between him and it, bringing in a magic mirror which he crashes into and through it is sent into a prison realm that perfectly contains him. Yes, that means it contains him, any duplicates, his staff, the fake echo of the staff, and basically everything else that has to do with him within that place. Every backup accounted for, every exploit covered. No way out. Unless someone, of their own accord from the outside, were to decide to free him, he is eternally trapped in the magic mirror.

Also, Hoi-Nui decks you in the schnoz.

Hoi-Nui's mask.

Now that is a plan. Finally someone uses a plan which actually has a chance of working.

I'm not saying it succeeds, mind you, but it's well constructed. Everyone always seems to forget the Staff when attempting to dispose of me, and managing to prevent its usage could potentially cripple me.

There's one flaw with the plan, however. You see, Black Phantom wasn't the only person who I had sponsored back in the past. My time in prison is therefore cut short as (get this) Shadow Vezon arrives to free me. Not a clone, duplicate, or AU copy, this is simply a Vezon given Shadow powers.

Once I get out of the magic mirror, I proceed to stab Hoi-Nui through the chest with the Shadowy Scythe of Destiny, before flinging him far to the side.

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

*Her. Since you have once again used the incorrect pronoun when referring to Hoi-Nui, the mask decides to take its leave from your possession and grafts itself into Hoi-Nui's chest after reviving her, essentially granting her immortality and the same indestructibility as the mask itself.

Hoi-Nui's mask... kind of... maybe rather the mask's Hoi-Nui?

You find, to your surprise, that the mask won't budge from her chest. You also find that her brainfreeze has very swiftly worn off, leaving you with a very angry, very powerful being to deal with.

After separating most of your organs from the inner cavities of your body, she proceeds walking off, the mask still in her chest.

The mask's Hoi-Nui.

Unfortunately, Mukau-Nui lacks the near-indestructibility of Hoi-Nui, and I bisect Mukau-Nui with the Shadowy Scythe before incinerating the two halves.

My Mask.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

In all honesty, this might be stupid of me...just pointing tghat out first

I coalesce inside the currently used dimension, looks around, realizes the Kanohi War is under way, tries to leave, swears head off, teleports to Hoi-Nui, bows, and asks to use the Kanohi Ignika for a moment to continue on the way to a DIFFERENT dimension so as to not get ripped apart by all the insane deities in the dimension..

Hoi-Nui's mask still, just wanting to get out of Karzhanni.

Yup...I feel my brain cells running after typing this out...Rip my brain?

(Nah, that's probably the smartest thing anyone has ever done.)

I watch the Toa flee, happy that for once someone has some sense. I also teleport the Mask out of Hoi-Nui's chest, to forcibly remove her indestructibility.

My Mask.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

You're then stabbed from behind by Shadowy Shadowhawk, who pulls his retractable protosteel talons out of your back.

My Mask.

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy