Mahri boxes, any still out there?

Munty

Hi guys, having a good sort out of all my sets right now, both stuff for sale and also my personal collection. It seems I'm doing better than I thought with the majority of the canister sets released but there are a bunch of them that I need canisters for and the Mahri is one of them! I started looking around as they're hands down my favourite set of Toa and found the cases to be rather unusual... I've never had one myself but they look to consist of the plastic frame, card insert and plastic inner bobit. I'm told the back was sealed with cardboard?? Understandably most of that stuff goes in the bin but I have been lucky enough to come across the green outer shell for Kongu and I THINK all of the cardboard inserts which is a win. That still leaves me missing a whole lot of stuff though and I'm concerned I won't be able to find it without buying new and sealed sets which would of course be substantially devalued if opened (and I don't collect sealed sets!)

So big question, did anyone keep theirs? Or do they all just end up in the bin? There are several bricklink items but just the outer frame or inner card piece so that's no good. Would appreciate any leads or advice as I'd like to have these boxes in my collection, even if they are a bit wierd...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

i kept all of mine, cardboard and everything, but as far as i can tell i'm the exception. i'm not interested in selling them, though, sorry. if you can't find any complete packages on Bricklink, i'm not sure what to tell you. i doubt anyone here would be willing (or able) to sell off just packaging, although i could be wrong.

(also this topic is in the wrong forum)

Edited by Arc

I have a sealed Matoro Mahri that I was keeping for a rainy day, but that's the only one and I wasn't going to sell it, either. (which is good since you don't do sealed stuff) So it sounds like they may not be as much a rarity as you think.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

This is the trouble... Even if I do have all 6 cardboard inners (which I think I do) they're no good without the other bits. I reckon given time and persistence I could collect all 6 outer parts as well but I need at least the inner plastic case part to be able to put them together too and who the ###### would have kept them if they didn't want to keep them?! Have just got the Mahri bagged at the moment but will have to keep my eyes open I guess! Thanks for the replies though, it's interesting to see that I'm not quite the only person in the world who thinks these things are worth keeping. I guess it's probably a 'grown up' collector's trait to value the packaging as well as the item!

Dang, seems I only have Hewkii Matoro and Kongu's cvardboard inserts :( Was sure I had more than that but maybe others will turn up while I get organised! If I had a plastic inner I could actually build Kongu's whole case...

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!