Everything is Mata-Nui's fault

Speaking of things that Mata Nui  is kinda at fault for, it always rubbed me the wrong way that the Ignika--which had developed agency of its own in 2008--had its consciousness suppressed by Mata Nui's. The Ignika was practically a living being itself by that point, so just having Mata Nui take over struck me as pretty terrible. Especially at the end of the story when he just decided to retreat into the Ignika indefinitely. Is there any reason at all he couldn't have just returned power over to the Ignika and let it do its own thing while he slept or whatever?

I think generally the Ignika was fine with being a mask. It mostly created a body for itself to honor Matoro and defend itself. The mask is the mask, Mata-Nui was simply living inside it.

• Upvote 1

I think we have a similar arrangement to one seen briefly in Jim Butcher's Ghost Story: the dominant spirit maintains the residence (ignika) while the guest spirit interacts with the outside world (Mata Nui). They also keep each other company. Imagine the child-like Ignika asking Mata Nui about the outside world, and Mata Nui telling it stories like a wise old Turaga.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I think we have a similar arrangement to one seen briefly in Jim Butcher's Ghost Story: the dominant spirit maintains the residence (ignika) while the guest spirit interacts with the outside world (Mata Nui). They also keep each other company. Imagine the child-like Ignika asking Mata Nui about the outside world, and Mata Nui telling it stories like a wise old Turaga.

That.. Is... AWESOME.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Looking back on the story, I noticed something. Mata-Nui is not a very good charactor.

I noticed you're not a very good speller.

Who united all the Agori and Glatorian under one banner, creating peace? Mata Nui.

Who used the giant robot to meld the Bota and Aqua Magna into Bara Magna to reform Spherus Magna? Mata Nui.

Who used the Mask of Life to terraform Spherus Magna into a bona-fide Garden of Eden? Mata Nui.

Who saved the world? Mata. Nui.

Yes, but that was only after he'd forgotten about caring for the matoran inside him and almost getting killed. Only when he got kicked out of MU did he realise he had been an idiot. And that was probably with the Ignika's memories

When my blood cells grow brains and start attacking, I will blame myself for my not paying attention to their need for honor and respect. 

Your case is different. You can't manipulate your inner workings so easily. Mata Nui can (as shown when Teridax changes everything round, the stars, etc...)

When my blood cells grow brains and start attacking, I will blame myself for my not paying attention to their need for honor and respect. 

Yup.

Mata Nui's job wasn't to make sure everything was fine and dandy inside. He was supposed to visit new worlds, which is exactly what he did.

The reason the league of 6 kingdoms and eventually the brotherhood revolted was because he wasn't caring for his insides, and they thought they could do better. So it was actually his responsibility.

Yes, but this is even creepier. It's one of your blood cells developing a brain, putting you into a coma, then banishing you to live as a blood cell until you can take over a dead body that's broken and cobble it back together for long enough to destroy your nemesis inside your own body before it kills everyone else. 

In the process, you are forced to live at blood cell size forever because there is no normal-size body for you to inhabit after your dead body falls apart.  

Teridax was slightly more powerful than a blood cell. Maybe a neuron or something.

Yup.

Mata Nui's job wasn't to make sure everything was fine and dandy inside. He was supposed to visit new worlds, which is exactly what he did.

The reason the league of 6 kingdoms and eventually the brotherhood revolted was because he wasn't caring for his insides, and they thought they could do better. So it was actually his responsibility.

No it wasn't. Mata Nui had no obligation to make sure no one was revolting - that was not his mission. And the League planned the revolt because they were taking advantage of the fact that Mata Nui wasn't paying attention, not because they felt like they needed attention.

Looking back on the story, I noticed something. Mata-Nui is not a very good charactor.

Boy, you're a nice guy.
  • Upvote 1

Yup.

No it wasn't. Mata Nui had no obligation to make sure no one was revolting - that was not his mission. And the League planned the revolt because they were taking advantage of the fact that Mata Nui wasn't paying attention, not because they felt like they needed attention.

And if he had been paying attention, it wouldn't have happened, so it was his fault.

Looking back on the story, I noticed something. Mata-Nui is not a very good charactor.

Boy, you're a nice guy.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I have a thing about spelling and grammar.

Yup.

Yeah, if Mata Nui had to make sure nobody was revolting, then some truly disgusting sets like Ultimate Dume would never have come to be.

• Upvote 1