Lid LIfted on UCS Slave I at BrickCon

75060_Slave_I_Reveal_teaser.jpg

BrickCon is going on this weekend in Seattle, Washington, and convention-goers tonight are being treated to a new set unveiling. The next in the line of Star Wars UCS sets has just bean revealed to be 75060 Slave I! This is definitely an iconic ship from The Empire Strikes Back, and a good choice to add to the range. We've got the designer video, official images, and the press release for you to check out, just read on!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

What a beautiful model. I saw a custom version of a UCS Slave I and was waiting for it to become a reality. A bit pricey for me, but definitely a good looking ship.

It looks absolutely fantastic, and there's a good chance that I'll go for the purchase, but where's my UCS ARC-170? : P

[/broken record]

Agreed, I would scoop up an ARC-170 in a heartbeat.

Edited by Torran

And this story was up a good hour before they unveiled it for us. Thanks to spoil it, Andrew! :P

It's big and swooshable, but not flyable, as was apparently learned the hard way.  The wings auto rotate when you switch from landing to flying mode, which is cool cause they have a counterweight, but while the inside seats rotate, they have to be done so manually.  The hidden hatch for grabbing the carbonite Solo when it falls in was a fun addition!  Also, nice sand and dark green.

:music:

...but where's my UCS ARC-170? : P

[/broken record]

Right? I mean, it's not nearly as iconic but still

A very nice model, although from the video I'm not too sold on the stability. There was definitely a bit of wobble with both the side panels and the main body of the ship. Overall, though, for display purposes it's definitely the best version of the ship we've gotten so far, and I don't see it being surpassed (in a retail set) any time soon. I love how they included the little hatch at the bottom to help eject cargo- that was definitely a smart feature.

BZPRPG

I'll definitely consider picking this up. As a fan of Star Wars and really cool sets, this would be really cool to have. I'll just have to see if I have any money left over from getting Bionicle 2015 sets. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png