Voltex's Library

Voltex

library.png

I figured that it might be useful to have a central location where people (including me) can find all of my stories on the site. I will not be including the majority of my comedies here; most of them are basically unreadable thanks to those mysterious coding errors that struck awhile back. One of them is included here, since I cared enough to go back and fix it. Basically everything else is probably from after November 2013. 

library_-_uprising.png

This series was originally based upon the Bionicle Mafia game series in Games & Trivia, although it has since diverged from the standard formatting of those games, expanding into a whole universe and story of its own. This series details the adventures of a cast of characters named after BZPower members; signups are opened before each major installment to determine which members can join the cast, and of course, survival is never guaranteed. 

Prelude (March 2014)

Although the name lacks creativity, and it is not required reading, Prelude provided a brief glimpse into the mind of Voltex, as well as giving readers a glimpse of backstory prior to the events that take place within Book 1 - Isolation. Many of the flashbacks in Book 2 - Extraction make use of this time period as well.

Book 1 - Isolation / Review (March 2014)

Told from the viewpoints of Voltex, Ehks, Sumiki and Pulse, Book 1 - Isolation tells the tale of 23 Matoran who are trapped inside a conference hall after it is ambushed by the terrorist Xaeraz. The Matoran must survive the attacks of a group of traitors hired by Xaeraz to kill the rest, and execute those they believe to be guilty in order to escape. This epic is very self-contained, and the readers are given very little information to understand why it is happening, allowing them to learn alongside the main characters.

All Hail the King (September 2014)

Much like Prelude, this short story is not required reading; however, narrated by Fishers64 (or, as she is most commonly known in the story, "Agent 64"), it provides some valuable insights into the world that this series is set in, as well as the first real glimpse of how the White Council runs things. The timing of this story is unclear, although it does take place sometime before Prelude. An organization known as "Control" also features prominently, although their role in events is unknown.

Book 2 - Extraction / Review (October 2014)

Told from the viewpoints of Voltex, Ehks, Agent 64, Burnmad, Xaeraz and White Thirteen, Book 2- Extraction dictates the continued struggles of the survivors from Book 1 - Isolation as they find themselves at battle with two mysterious forces. The group meets a new cast of Matoran along the way, although whether they can trust these newcomers or not is never clear. In order to escape back to Metru-Nui, they must work with their greatest enemies and betray their closest friends. Book 2 - Extraction also provides much of the backstory that was absent in Book 1 - Isolation, explaining the relationships between several characters and detailing how the various narrators came to be who they are in this epic.

Book 3 - Extermination / Review (December 2014)

The final installment of the Uprising series and narrated by eight different characters, Extermination was written as a standalone story, to allow more people to enjoy it. Having survived the events of Isolation and Extraction, the survivors started an uprising against the White Council - one year later, they remain at war. But a new figure, known only as the "Shadow", has appeared, and they are hunting down all involved in the war one by one... it is no longer a war. It is a matter of survival. It is extermination.

By the Fireside (December 2015)

A standalone short story starring the member Dina Saruyama. I wrote it for her for the BZPower 2015 Secret Santa gift exchange. In this story, her character runs into a decrepit robot within the jungle of Bota-Magna, and the two remininsce about the past, discuss the present, and contemplate the future that awaits them.

Oblivion / Review (January 2016)

A standalone BZPower epic, in which four Matoran (and one Agori) are gathered by a Mad Great Being. They find themselves in a deadly race to find the Mask of Life while hunting a dangerous and mysterious villain, with the hopes of saving Spherus-Magna before it can be destroyed.

library_-_unrelated_works.png

These works are, as the header states, unrelated to any other projects. They are often standalone, or the number of installments in their series is too small for me to put the effort into dedicating an entire section of this "library" to them.

Tahu vs. Tahu [G1] (December 2010)

Originally released on December 19, 2010, Tahu vs. Tahu was, for a long time, my magnum opus. It is an epicomedy starring the Bionicle sets, who go to war when their leader, Tahu Mata, clases with his remake, Tahu Stars, for control over the House. It has been re-released as of March 28, 2015, as the first two seasons were lost with the archives and the second two have become gibberish since coding errors hit them in 2013.

Bionicle Mafia IV: The Smiting (April 2013)

This is unrelated to the Bionicle Mafia series above, and is instead based upon the game Bionicle Mafia IV: The Rich, The Poor, and The Pyro, run by Zakaro. I was in contact with the Medic during this game, and a conversation he had with Zakaro over PM (which was relayed to me) inspired me to write this short comedy about the Medic and I trying to steal Zakaro's ice cream. 

One Last Stop (November 2013)

This was my final comedy, starring Vultraz, Jaller, Mazeka and Takua (four of my favorite characters from my comedies, and who together managed to appear in basically every comedy that I wrote). No prior reading is required to enjoy this, although its effect will definitely be strongest for those who read the likes of Vultraz's DinerTahu vs. Tahu, and How to Be a Hero. This signaled my goodbye to the comedies forum and the characters within, although I would revisit Vultraz at least once more, and I have a little something that is still in very early planning stages.

King Vultraz (September 2014)

Made in response to the official announcement of Bionicle's return in 2015, this short story once more stars Vultraz, Jaller, Mazeka and Takua. No prior reading is necessary, of course. I was inspired to write it by members commenting that the Mask of Creation looked like Vultraz's Mask of Scavenging wearing a crown; while I did not personally see the resemblance, inspiration bit me anyway. This brief tale chronicles a portion of Vultraz's journey to claim the mask and rule the universe.

All That We've LostReview (November 2014)

Written as a sequel to the games Bionicle Mafia III: By the Numbers and Bionicle Mafia XVIII: By the Numbers 2 (with this story also being known as By the Numbers 3), this two parter epic is actually a standalone story as well. It was originally meant to be a short story, but grew too large, and so was split into two chapters. It stars Voltex and Taka Nuvia as they journey through twisted versions of the former's memories while hunting down Makuta.

What is the Potoo?! (January 2015)

Another comedy based upon the Bionicle Mafia game series and quite possibly my most absurd work yet - I think "absurd" is just about the only word that can possibly fit, to be honest. It stars several BZPower members arguing about who shall be roasted with marshmallows, while they also discover the Potoo. This story was also coincidentally my 5000th post on the forums, although that was not intentional. It was also the first instance of me breaking the "One Last Stop is my final comedy" rule.

Tahu vs. Tahu Review (July 2015)

The six 2015 Toa (known as the "Toa Okoto") arrive at a House in the year 2010, having traveled back in time. With no memories to guide them, they must discover their purpose in the past while also surviving a civil war and stopping a mysterious enemy that threatens to destroy every single set alive.

BZPGOT: Lore & Histories / Review (July 2016)

Differing from my usual projects, this isn't so much a story as it is a world-building exercise, expanding the world of BZPower's Game of Thrones. With chapters focusing on the different regions, factions, races, and perhaps even players of the game, my intent is to craft a resource that might just prove to be invaluable in future iterations of the game.

What is the Potoo?! 2 (January 2017)

The sequel to What is the Potoo?!, in which a team of far too many BZPower members is sent by Windrider to find Voltex after he fell down a hole two years prior. Finding them scattered all across an absurd version of Okoto and haunted by the call of the Potoo, Blade, Portalfig, SPIRIT, Luroka, and all the rest soon find themselves locked into an adventure that really should not have been written in the first place. This was written and posted as my 10, 000th post, just because I could.

I will, of course, update this once I have posted more things.

Edited by Breath of the Wild
  • Upvote 5

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated to include...

Oblivion / Review (January 2016)

A standalone BZPower epic, in which four Matoran (and one Agori) are gathered by a Mad Great Being. They find themselves in a deadly race to find the Mask of Life while hunting a dangerous and mysterious villain, with the hopes of saving Spherus-Magna before it can be destroyed.

• 6 months later...

Updated to include...

BZPGOT: Lore & Histories / Review (July 2016)

Differing from my usual projects, this isn't so much a story as it is a world-building exercise, expanding the world of BZPower's Game of Thrones. With chapters focusing on the different regions, factions, races, and perhaps even players of the game, my intent is to craft a resource that might just prove to be invaluable in future iterations of the game.

• 5 months later...

Updated to include...

What is the Potoo?! 2 (January 2017)

The sequel to What is the Potoo?!, in which a team of far too many BZPower members is sent by Windrider to find Voltex after he fell down a hole two years prior. Finding them scattered all across an absurd version of Okoto and haunted by the call of the Potoo, Blade, Portalfig, SPIRIT, Luroka, and all the rest soon find themselves locked into an adventure that really should not have been written in the first place. This was written and posted as my 10, 000th post, just because I could.