Young fans.

UngluedBike

With Bionicle's immanent return, do you think we'll see lots of younger members again? The way it was before?

Also, would you rather BZP stayed as a small town, or become a big city again?

-Bike 

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Oh I can definitely see that happening. I spent the day building Bionicle sets with my 8 year old brother, and he asked to read my collection of Bionicle comics. Young kids would definitely be interested in Bionicle when it comes back and be eager to join a big fan community such as BZPower. I've seen my brother on a forum for minecraft or something so they definitely know what they're doing with the whole "find internet communities to talk about things you like" thing. I'm eager for it, little kids tend not to complain about nitpicky things as much and are just so full of energy and imagination. I expect some seriously creative questions coming out of them and an influx of adorable fan media. Things have been very serious around here lately, it'll be a nice change to get a fresh dose of childlike wonder and fun and new faces. BZPower has always been a big city, even with the lower "population". If we were a small town, we wouldn't have so many folks never interacting 'cause they like to stick to specific boards, and even with everyone else not everyone knows eachother, I feel. As a big city person, I'm eager for big city BZP to start bustling :)

• Upvote 11

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

The forum will certainly benefit from a wave of new younger fans, contributing to the forum and such. The forums were a jolly place back when I started in 2006, but it petered away after Bionicle's end and those months where it was down for maintenance. A fluctuation of fans is what BZPower needs, and new fans are always welcome.

• Upvote 2

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

I bet a mod is going to come, lock this topic, and tell us to post in some Dawn of a new Age topic.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I'm sure we'll get new members. BZP has already gotten them and Bionicle's new story hasn't even started yet. 

But will it be on the levels that it used to be? I'm not sure. We'll have to wait and see on that.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think the young fans are going to be displeased that we spoiled half the story for them, that we always seem to be three or four steps ahead. They are going to complain so much, and half of them are going to stay away from here because they don't want to be spoiled. 

It depends. If the new story is a full reboot, they might not generally care about the original, and we might be nearly as in the dark as they.

Edited by John Smith
  • Upvote 1

I think the young fans are going to be displeased that we spoiled half the story for them, that we always seem to be three or four steps ahead. They are going to complain so much, and half of them are going to stay away from here because they don't want to be spoiled. 

It depends. If the new story is a full reboot, they might not generally care about the original, and we might be nearly as in the dark as they.

I'm referring to how savvy we are in turning over every character of internet code and theorizing in general, not so much the knowledge of prior story informing our perceptions of the new Bionicle.  

• Upvote 1

I'm referring to how savvy we are in turning over every character of internet code and theorizing in general, not so much the knowledge of prior story informing our perceptions of the new Bionicle.  

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, you just might have a point then. :P

• Upvote 2

I am nearly certain BZPower will flourish once again. In this world of connectivity and technology, more and more young people have access to the Internet and tech. They will search out Bionicle, and they will find BZP. BZPower will once again become of city of legends.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I bet a mod is going to come, lock this topic, and tell us to post in some Dawn of a new Age topic.

A mod came, but he spared our topic.

I certainly hope so. I miss big city BZP. I think we're all sick of seeing the same 20-30 people posting in threads. I want some variety!

Yeah me too. I get kinda depressed seeing my avatar so much at the community index >.<

• Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Pff, not at all. Kids LOVE spoilers. They aren't so cynical about the need to watch a story unfold "properly." I remember joining in January of 2003 and trying to find out all I could about the Kal, and then when word of the Rahkshi arrived, I jumped over to that and speculated with everybody else about what they could be. Every bit of leaked info was gold.

• Upvote 4

So I'm guessing there wasn't any 'leaked information policy' back then? I guess LEGO wasn't giving away free stuff at that time.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

So I'm guessing there wasn't any 'leaked information policy' back then? I guess LEGO wasn't giving away free stuff at that time.

There's been a leaked information policy for as long as I've been on this site. (I think) It's that policy, however, that pushed people all the harder to find information from legitimate sources as soon as possible, as you see with Bionicle 2015, where people are looking at the code of the site just to get a glimpse of what's in store.

• Upvote 5

BZPower will definitely see a substantial increase in activity come 2015. The news of Bionicle's return has already gotten it more active, but once the new fans start to come in the forum will probably be a lot like it was back in it's glory days. I do suspect that an increase of members will be slow at first, but give it time and they'll be flooding in from every direction.

• Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Young kids would definitely be interested in Bionicle when it comes back and be eager to join a big fan community such as BZPower. I've seen my brother on a forum for minecraft or something so they definitely know what they're doing with the whole "find internet communities to talk about things you like" thing.

This was the thing I was most worried about, that there will be a large number of new fans, but they won't be flocking to sites like BZP, or really anything. They'd either just play with friends or perhaps go to more "known" sites. But who knows, maybe I'm just out of touch. :P BZP is still a small fraction of the actual Bionicle fan base.

It'd be great to see more members, definitely. I don't know how much the atmosphere will change but it'll be nice to have more discussions and whatnot.

• Upvote 2

Im sure BZP will definitely see a growth in population of younger fans, which is a good thing for the most part, Ive already seen a growth in the amount of topics that have been posted each day since the confirmation of BIONICLE 2015, BZP will reach 50000 members pretty soon Im sure and we (the older fans) will be able to tell the newer fans the original story of BIONICLE and how good the 9 years were for us.

• Upvote 2

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Young kids would definitely be interested in Bionicle when it comes back and be eager to join a big fan community such as BZPower. I've seen my brother on a forum for minecraft or something so they definitely know what they're doing with the whole "find internet communities to talk about things you like" thing.

This was the thing I was most worried about, that there will be a large number of new fans, but they won't be flocking to sites like BZP, or really anything. They'd either just play with friends or perhaps go to more "known" sites. But who knows, maybe I'm just out of touch. :P BZP is still a small fraction of the actual Bionicle fan base.

It'd be great to see more members, definitely. I don't know how much the atmosphere will change but it'll be nice to have more discussions and whatnot.

Oh, BZPower will never constitute the majority of the Bionicle fanbase, just like it never did in the past. But of the thousands of new fans the new theme is likely to have, even a portion of them finding BZP will significantly affect the makeup of this site's userbase.

It is true that in this era of social media, it's easier than ever for kids to continue to discuss things like Bionicle in their immediate circles instead of seeking out a centralized online community. That's why BZP has to take an active role in making itself THE place for new Bionicle information, with exclusive interviews, reviews, etc., and promoting itself on social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter where new fans are more likely to notice us.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The activity will certainly increase, and I'm excited for it. It might mean more work until the new members can acclimate to some of the rules, but hey, if I'm doing stuff, that means BZP's back.

I like the small-town feel and I'd feel weird if BZP got back to its heyday of activity because it was something that I felt was almost too obtrusive to functional conversation; members who were known in the so-called Golden Era achieved their fame through equal parts persistence and luck, whereas now anyone - even the newest and youngest - can come in with something that can get attention throughout the fandom.

Whatever happens, though, I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I've already seen not only several new members popped up since Bionicle's return was announced, but also many older members rising from the ashes, which to me is just as important. I know that I have been more actively involved around BZPower as a whole since the return was announced, and I look forward to BZPower expanding from two different areas, as young fans discover the site and older fans return.

• Upvote 4

There will definitely be increases in activity from new fans, I think the question is how much. The internet has evolved since the original line and whether the next generation choose a traditional bulletin board style forum or some other news discussion forum remains to be seen. I think the fact BZPower has an established community and resources will hopefully entice a good amount of newcomers here I hope. :)

• Upvote 1
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

What will the new fans think of old Bionicle?

Their opinions on it will probably differ as much as those of old fans. There will probably be new fans with a voracious appetite for discovery who pore over all of the media from the original story just to discover the source of the new one (and possible hints at what direction it might take next). There will probably be new fans who will try to buy as many of the old sets as possible just to make their collection of the new sets even more complete. There will probably be new fans who, when exposed to the old sets or story, find it confusing, or lacking, or otherwise inferior to the Bionicle theme they fell in love with. And there will probably be plenty of new fans who just don't care about the old Bionicle since it's so far removed from the Bionicle theme they're invested in.

I can't say for sure how many of each type of new fan there will be, but suffice it to say that they aren't going to be a like-minded group any more than current fans are.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I hope to see BZP get an influx of new users. It'll be nice to see such activity

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

That's be nice, the forums are a lot more active now that Bionicle is back but there have been slow days. More discussion is always a plus!

-NotS

I'd like to see more people posting in my B/S/T topic.

-Bike

hTeXGIU.png

I hope to see BZP get an influx of new users. It'll be nice to see such activity

It's already happening. We've had some 30-40 new members in the last couple of days. :rollaway:

Wow. That's some serious growth.

One thing I'd like to see is the "most online" record broken.

• Upvote 3

hTeXGIU.png

Of course there will be an increase in activity from new and younger fans. Hopefully, they can help BZP return to its glory days! I remember how excited I was to find this site when i was younger. Hopefully, they will experience something similar. :)

• Upvote 2

Oh, I'm willing to bet we'll see a big influx of new members. Talking about it with your friends is one thing. But when you can talk to THOUSANDS of people, all sharing a common interest, it's just better. I would like to see the big-city feel; with that, each subforum has its own small-town feel, like in its heyday.

One of the reasons I joined BZP as a young lass was because it held interest for me. It also felt like a safe place where I could meet people with similar interests and talk with them. Nowadays, kids have instant access to the internet and all the Dragons and Trolls within.  As long as we do our best to keep our Safe image, I think we'll be fine. (The Parents will certainly like us better!)

Defy Expectations

• 3 weeks later...

It will certainly be strange, to see the transition back to an active, more youthful forum. However, I'm looking forward to see activity increase, especially in the creative forums.

• Upvote 1
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I'd love to see a new rush of life, especially of young people. BZP was a fantastic haven for me when I was a child (eleven years ago, would you believe?), and I'd love to see this place extend that opportunity to a new generation.

Plus, I'd love to see how the newbies would react to us old fartbags who've lingered here for five years or more  :P .

• Upvote 4

~ Renewal ~