Toa Nuparu with new armor and Tools!

Vspinax

Today I built a new MOC! It it's Toa Nuparu, just with a lot of new armor and new tools. I builded it around the idea of making a very 'tank' version of Toa Mahri Nuparu and I am pretty happy with the result!  ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/gZyPewx.png

A few more pictures with different poses and from different angles can be found HERE!
Please tell me what you think of it, and give me a feedback!

- :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Edit: Image linked; please keep posted images in BBC to around 100 kB!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

Wow. Just wow.

Thx! :D

Looks way overdone, too many tubes, the Onua claws stick out a lot and the hordika chest armor is too wide to be a lower leg armor piece

Most of the tubes are to cover axles, but not all of them so I defenitly see your point. I don't quite see the problem with the claws and the hordika chest armor tough, but thanks for your opinion. ;)

He's certainly an engineer, not a poet! That's a lot of armor, but does he have Onua and Gali claws in his armpits?

Yes. I don't know why, but I think it looks cool.

- :t::u::r::t::e::x:

I quite like it! You definitely have the armoured tank look right. A few things that could be improved would maybe be the arm proportions (they look a bit long?), the many blades/long silver pieces aligned with each other make it look a bit busy in the photo (that could just be the photo though) and those two blue connector pieces used on the silver Onua claws on the chest are bugging me. :P Otherwise a nice version of Nuparu. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I quite like it! You definitely have the armoured tank look right. A few things that could be improved would maybe be the arm proportions (they look a bit long?), the many blades/long silver pieces aligned with each other make it look a bit busy in the photo (that could just be the photo though) and those two blue connector pieces used on the silver Onua claws on the chest are bugging me. :P Otherwise a nice version of Nuparu. :)

Thank you!

I have never thought about it, but yes, the arms looks a bit our of proportions (even tough they aren't any longer than Mahir Nuparu's arms). I’ll experiment with some other arms, see how that goes. Also I don't quite get it what you mean by him looking busy, but you mentioned it may be the photo, and I kind of have like a 3D model off him in my head... so... :P

and yes, the blue connector pieces is annoying, but I have ordered some gray ones ;)

well i love changing existing toa designs like that is the only thing im not terrible at when it comes to building bonkles.

i agree that its a bit overdone. i think everything looks great but the sides of his torso do look cluttered.

if you took off one or two of the sets of silver weapons under his armpits it would be easier to judge this design :)

bionicle_logo_compressed.png?l.r=-186523

This is awesome. Nuparu would probably love to rebuild himself like that. The Mask of Stealth must be really convenient with that much metal.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Thank you!

I have never thought about it, but yes, the arms looks a bit our of proportions (even tough they aren't any longer than Mahir Nuparu's arms). I’ll experiment with some other arms, see how that goes. Also I don't quite get it what you mean by him looking busy, but you mentioned it may be the photo, and I kind of have like a 3D model off him in my head... so... :P

and yes, the blue connector pieces is annoying, but I have ordered some gray ones ;)

Hard to explain but I guess like when you first look at it, it takes a second to discern things and focus on each part of his structure? It kind of suits the style I guess though and I suspect it may very well be the photo. :P

EDIT: Looking through the full album more carefully, I think it's my eyes getting distracted by the Onua claws on the front but also seeing the silver blades behind those? They both serve a similar purpose but clutter up his armpits a bit - maybe try experimenting with smaller silver armour pieces where the Onua claws are? Like the Nuva shoulder guards or something else (I'm not sure what would fit or look good I'm not super good at this stuff  :P ).

Edited by Adventurer
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I quite like it! You definitely have the armoured tank look right. A few things that could be improved would maybe be the arm proportions (they look a bit long?), the many blades/long silver pieces aligned with each other make it look a bit busy in the photo (that could just be the photo though) and those two blue connector pieces used on the silver Onua claws on the chest are bugging me.  Otherwise a nice version of Nuparu.

Thank you!

I have never thought about it, but yes, the arms looks a bit our of proportions (even tough they aren't any longer than Mahir Nuparu's arms). I’ll experiment with some other arms, see how that goes. Also I don't quite get it what you mean by him looking busy, but you mentioned it may be the photo, and I kind of have like a 3D model off him in my head... so...

and yes, the blue connector pieces is annoying, but I have ordered some gray ones

Hard to explain but I guess like when you first look at it, it takes a second to discern things and focus on each part of his structure? It kind of suits the style I guess though and I suspect it may very well be the photo.

EDIT: Looking through the full album more carefully, I think it's my eyes getting distracted by the Onua claws on the front but also seeing the silver blades behind those? They both serve a similar purpose but clutter up his armpits a bit - maybe try experimenting with smaller silver armour pieces where the Onua claws are? Like the Nuva shoulder guards or something else (I'm not sure what would fit or look good I'm not super good at this stuff   ).

I will try to do something about it since many points it out. I'll post a link here to the pictures when that is done. ;)

Also, I will experiment with some smaller arms!

Edited by TurteX
  • Upvote 1

"So yeah, I took Nuparu Mahri and turned up the awesomeness dial until it broke off. Whaddya guys think?"

I think that it definitely looks like a Toa of Earth who knows how to tinker, and that's Nuparu in a nutshell. For some reason, I just can't get over the amount of silver. It just looks too beautiful. I also like how you used some Nuparu Inika pieces in there. The whole thing is just so well-done.

I'm pretty sure Nuparu would have done this in the story, so great job!

mindeth the cobwebs

When responding to a few of theese, something went wrong and I din't have the time to fix it then, so I am replying to all now

well i love changing existing toa designs like that is the only thing im not terrible at when it comes to building bonkles.

i agree that its a bit overdone. i think everything looks great but the sides of his torso do look cluttered.

if you took off one or two of the sets of silver weapons under his armpits it would be easier to judge this design :)

Thanks! I didn't quite see the problem with the tools and claws, untill I tried taking them off and it turned out pretty good I think.(link to pictures at the end of this reply)

This is awesome. Nuparu would probably love to rebuild himself like that. The Mask of Stealth must be really convenient with that much metal.

Thanks! I think Nuparu would like that too, and the mask is probably very handy, yes ;)

Wow I think this is pretty good! Definitely looks like a 'tank' version of Nuparu!

Thanks! that was my goal :D

"So yeah, I took Nuparu Mahri and turned up the awesomeness dial until it broke off. Whaddya guys think?"

I think that it definitely looks like a Toa of Earth who knows how to tinker, and that's Nuparu in a nutshell. For some reason, I just can't get over the amount of silver. It just looks too beautiful. I also like how you used some Nuparu Inika pieces in there. The whole thing is just so well-done.

Thank  you very much! When building it I built a basic black figure based on the Nuparu sets, and then I took all the silver pieces I could find and tried my best to mash all of them on him ;)

And at last for everybody who 'complains' about the Onua claws and the other silver pieces. I took them off and I have to admit that he probably does look a lot bether without them, so thanks for that particular feedback! :D

pictures can be found HERE

Edited by TurteX

Thank  you very much! When building it I built a basic black figure based on the Nuparu sets, and then I took all the silver pieces I could find and tried my best to mash all of them on him ;)

And at last for everybody who 'complains' about the Onua claws and the other silver pieces. I took them off and I have to admit that he probably does look a lot bether without them, so thanks for that particular feedback! :D

You're welcome! And that's a pretty good method!

You know, I kinda agree with you on that part. He looks a lot more functional now.

mindeth the cobwebs

You know, I kinda agree with you on that part. He looks a lot more functional now.

I defenitly did work, so I'l keep that in mind for whatever I might build next  ^_^

and thanks, I'l probably keep him that way.

I defenitly did work, so I'l keep that in mind for whatever I might build next  ^_^

and thanks, I'l probably keep him that way.

It's just a really good idea, so you really should keep it in mind. :)

And you're welcome! I'd keep him that way too.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

It's just a really good idea, so you really should keep it in mind. :)

And you're welcome! I'd keep him that way too.

omg the de-cluttered armpits make it look a whole lot better!

Thank you. I wouldn't have discovered that without the feedback I got so I'm really thankfull for that ^_^

Nuparu be like:

3s13zb.jpg

Edited by Kuurai
  • Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War