Rpg Halo: Retribution

IC: (Lance Corporal Jason Hemming) "She's kind of got a point," Jason remarked as Roxie left, "Mankind was pretty much on its last legs by the end of the war. If the Elites hadn't defected to our side when they did, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation." He shrugged when he got a few odd looks from some other ODSTs sitting nearby, "Just saying, we should consider ourselves lucky to even have a chance to miss being in combat." IC: (Staff Sergeant Rachel Cass) Rachel walked past a group of crewmen as she made her way back to the cryo bay. Or rather, she walked through them, the bulky plates of her CQB-variant battle armor turning them away easily. As she entered the bay, she spotted Jason still getting dressed and scoffed at how long it was taking him to get ready. She had known him ever since becoming an ODST but to this day, she had never gotten used to his more methodical approach to things. For her, it was just get up and go. As she waited for her friend to finish, she spotted another ODST leaning against the wall with a bored expression on her face. The markings on her armor indicated that she was the same rank as her and the name looked familiar. Curious, and a bit excited by her discovery, she made her way over to Leliel. Standing next to the pale soldier, Rachel appeared to be much darker than she really was, her brown hair and tanned skin contrasting sharply with Leliel's bleached visage. "Hey," she spoke up, "You're Cealis, right?"

OOC: Ack, where to begin? IC Klax Faldak - New Venice, Eiro Jima(?) - Talking to San' Garo: The Sangheili Major noted the arrival of another of his species; someone had come to help them move the plasma cannon that B'kar wanted moved. He paused in his work to speak with the Sangheili, "Move this, move that, help them move that scrap, get over there and find something to do. The orders never cease," Klax said with a chuckle, continuing to move the scrapped plasma cannon closer toward the area where Phantoms above could take it away. -Klax

OOC: Her last name got changed to Harvenheight, mostly 'cuz I forgot the other one and I wanted to make a Chrono Crusade reference << >> IC: "Harvenheight, but yes," Leliel stated flatly, not the type of person to give the most warm and cheerful welcomes. She looked over the other staff sergeant, not really knowing her by any name off the top of her head, though she didn't think it an important thing to ask about. Most of the time, Leliel only knew names of immediate superiors, those who were well-renowned, or those in her assigned squad. "Is there anything you want?" She asked a few seconds later, thinking that this other sergeant might want a favor done, or some sort of other request, as most of the time Leliel kept to herself and didn't have a reputation for being the most amiable, social person in the ODST corps. Then again, not many tried to make an effort in the first place in a manner that didn't grate on her ears and nerves, such as how she often felt whenever a soldier, marine, ODST, crewman and so on would crack a poor joke, or make painfully obvious observations, or have irritable personalities. Leliel had silenced just about all flirtatious behavior, as to her it seemed as if everyone got their lines out of some poorly written book designed for the desperate loser.

IC: [Colin Ferris] "You're right. We got lucky. But you have to remember, in the end, it was good old human ingenuity that won the war. Spartans and spaceships." Colin grinned, "Elites may have defected, but Sierra-117 still saved the day." He held up his hand, index finger held up, "That's one point humanity, zero points squid heads."

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC:The Spartan felt his body warming up as he exited the cryo tube. His MJOLNIR armor was still coated in frost, the grey and silver surface shining dully beneath the thin layer. He took his helmet off, a modified CQB with three prongs projecting backwards from the top and sides. It was a Sangheili design, similar in use to the Ascetic helmet. If anything, the helmet looked like a Hayabusa helmet had been partially grafted onto the surface. With GUNGNIR knees, UA/Multi-Threat pauldrons, UA/Base Security chest, and UA/Buckler, he was an impressive sight. His mechanical right arm told a story he never told.A Special Operations Sangheili approached Rex. The SPARTAN-III smiled, taking his helmet off. "Mato!" he exclaimed, grasping the Elite's forearm. He couldn't see Mato's face, but Rex could tell the Sangheili was happy."Brother Rex," Moram said, using the term he called his closest friends. "I trust you slept well?""Like a frozen corpse, my friend," Rex led the Sangheili out to the hallway.

OOC: I'm stupid, I forgot to say what rank Mike is XDIC: [Mike King, Pvt 1st]Mike smiled, and said, "Well, that about sums it up. I just hope that another war like that dosn't break out... I may like killing things, but wars just do it too much." He shrugged, and picked up his M45 Tactical Shotgun. "Anyways, I'm pretty much ready to go. Even if we're just psudeo-policing, we still will get to kill things," He said, a small smile on his face. He started putting on his ODST armour, just in case it was needed. After all, some pirates could start shooting, and some armour is better then none.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OOC: Terra is a sergeantIC: "That we had an actual job on this rock " he replied towards Cassandra with an dull tone followed by a small laugh. He walked towards the door and pivoted back "You should get a new helmet you could be sniped from the other side of the planet with that thing on". Terra walked to the door and waited for Cassandra "shall we see what where here for?"

IC: Rex and Mato went down the corridors. Crew were waking up, and the halls were mostly empty."Gunnery Sergeant Rex-D062," a voice droned on the PA system, "and Mato 'Moram, report to hangar bay immediately.""Some action!" the Spartan sighed contentedly. "Been in cryo too fricking long.""Agreed," 'Moram nodded. "Glory and honor await us, brother. It waits patiently, like a hunting Helioskrill.""Then let's go."OoC: Gonna be dropping with you, fellas. ;)

Edited by Rookie Leonidas Spartana

IC: San' GaroAs a Phantom above came down to a hover not far from where they stood, San simply replied as he continued to push the turret:"Indeed. It brings me less honor pushing weaponry around as compared to even doing battle against a grunt, although we should not question our superior's orders." San paused as the phantom locked on the gun. "Do you feel it? Something is in the air, the uneasiness, the unrestlessness of the atmosphere... I'm getting the feeling it wont be long before we will be doing something honorable after all." The Ranger, clad in heavy, jet black armour with purple lining, slouched foward a bit to counter the weight of the large jetpacks that were mounted on his back.OOC: Picture of sanny' Here. :P--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

IC:Rachel recoiled slightly, less from Leliel's icy tone and more from the embarassment of calling her by the wrong name. She made a mental note to confront the crewman who had given her the faulty information later before straightening up and putting on a confident smile. "Nothing much," she replied, adjusting her grip on her helmet, "Just wanted to see you for myself. People say that trouble seems to follow you around."

IC: "Trouble manifests when I'm caught disciplining the morons who follow me around," Leliel replied, more her way of saying "trouble doesn't follow me, morons do." For a while she had been wondering if the ODST Sergeant Major had more to say, or anything of use to say, or if he would eventually dismiss them to freely go wherever they wanted. Right at the moment, Leliel figured that he probably wanted the ODSTs grouped together for when they'd inevitably be called over for an official briefing of the mission details, which didn't seem that impressive from what Leliel had gleaned so far. Either way, she primarily hoped that she wouldn't be stuck with the private who seemed to love killing things -- despite how violent she could be, she never really condoned such overt love for it. In fact, from Leliel's experience, she found that pain often taught lessons a lot faster than rewarding the correct answer. Call it positive punishment for conditioning behaviors in individuals, as that had really been the psychological area she often pointed to when justifying her actions that would abhor a soccer mom. Through her mind's aimless wandering, she did keep paying attention to the staff sergeant. So far, the individual hadn't said, or done, anything to really warrant much of a reaction from Leliel -- unlike that crewman, with his petty comment. Part of her hoped, at least a little bit, that this individual was more levelheaded, dependable and wouldn't die under pressure. Out of everyone in the room, so far, this staff sergeant and the sergeant major seemed to be the only people she felt would be good additions to a team, though the latter was mostly due to his record and standing, as she was a bit biased against those who loved to gloat about war stories.

OOC: Leonidas, I'd like to say that the humans are all on the UNSC Plataea, and that the Sangheili characters haven't quite met up with them yet. :P I'll make one exception here since I was busy last night and not on much and thus couldn't catch it after the first post. We can just say the Sangheili was traveling with the humans because he is being incorporated into a group here, or a sort of foreign exchange soldier. *shrug*IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]Nodding in dull approval as the Phantom carried off the scrap, B'kar barked an order for the Sangheili to gather where he was perched- the observation platform. It was roughly large enough to fit fifty such Sangheili; B'kar only had 25 including himself on his person. Four of them, San' one, were of his Special Operations personal squad. The less-fortunate Unggoy were left to maintaining the drydock platform, while human workers started to fire up the landing cranes amongst various other devices used for safely landing a spacecraft.While B'kar waited for his warriors to make their ways up the somewhat troublesome human stairs- a painful reminder that New Venice was largely a human city, not built for the unique legs of the Sangheili race- he continued to ponder the strange men. There was word of Eayn rebels causing insurgency in the nearby Sangheili town of Koia, but surely the fetid infection hadn't found its way into the heavily guarded gates of New Venice? The large alien sighed and tapped his mandibles in dry emotion, finding a few likely explanations for who the Koia Stealth division hadn't found a single Eayn.IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham]The Sgt.Maj. had nodded in a subtle gesture of leaving the group of soldiers who were just about ready and adjusted to the real world. While many complained or ached of the fluids, cryo-burns, or generally irritated attitudes that often accompanied such a long 'sleep', Antony had been out of cryo for the entire trip, a personal security detail along with a handful of other men aboard the ship during the long journey. Personally, the ODST was ready to hit the surface. In a calm manner, his grisled right forearm pulled up to his unhelmeted face as he checked the time until docking- 0045.Forty-Five minutes until we're out of this tin can.As if the ship itself had observed his thoughts, the P.A. fizzled with static a moment before the clear, calm, calculating voice of the ship's Roman-esque A.I. announced, "Forty-Four Minutes, 51 Seconds until drydock. All Soldiers of the UNSC Plataea should be prepared to exit through the landing ramps that will be fitted to Hangar Bays A and C. I repeat..."The rest was muffled noise to Antony as he put on his Helmet, the visor sending a small, white line as if it were a scan from the top to bottom in a quick systems check, load up, and synchronization with the rest of the armor. After running a basic list of diagnostics, no windows popped up to report a problem. Good, we'll be ready to go when the Commander finally lands this old boat. This lot is in sore shape of some ground-side drilling to bust their sorry butts back into shape.Humming an old Italian tune to himself, the large soldier casually started a slow trot to Hangar B, where he'd do a quick maintenance check of the ODST pods that the Plataea had been equipped with- if only to humor the poor Orbital Drop Shock Troopers.

IC: [Colin Ferris]"Hey," Colin said to Mike, "Keep that bloodlust under control. Remember, we're here to keep the peace, not take lives. Murder should be the last thing on your list." Colin tried to keep things light, but below the surface, he was slightly disturbed at the idea of serving with someone so open about his love of death, It left a sour taste in the irishman's mouth.Hearing the announcement, he grinned and grabbed his helmet and tucked it under his arm. Soon we'll be on the ground. I miss ground.

Edited by IamJackssplitpersonality

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1]"Well, not really bloodlust... more of 'I don't want to be killed today, so I'll kill instead' kind of thing with thinking beings. With Drones... Well, I'd prefer to get them to go away. Bug's arn't my thing" Mike said, trying to lighten the mood. In truth, he didn't like killing things, it was more of a way to vent out his anger at being an orphan, but everyone has their ways of coping. Mike picked up his Sniper Rifle, and was ready to go. He looked around for anyone else to talk to.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: (Lance Corporal Cassandra S-52)"Yes Sergeant." She replied, as she fitted her EVA helmet over her head. She followed the sergeant from the the room. Honestly she doubted there would be any action planetside. She slung her battle rifle and her back and attached her favorite knife to her left shoulder-pad. She didn't quite get what he was talking about. She was glad to get moving though, it was better than being stuck in cyro, not that she minded being on the ship, she enjoyed space equally if not more than fighting on the ground."So to the hanger bays then, sir." She said, starting to walk in that direction.OOC: Oh, Reach joke, very clever. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif I didn't play it.

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC Klax Faldak - New Venice, Eiro Jima - Talking to San' Garo:

IC: San' GaroAs a Phantom above came down to a hover not far from where they stood, San simply replied as he continued to push the turret:"Indeed. It brings me less honor pushing weaponry around as compared to even doing battle against a grunt, although we should not question our superior's orders." San paused as the phantom locked on the gun. "Do you feel it? Something is in the air, the uneasiness, the restlessness of the atmosphere... I'm getting the feeling it wont be long before we will be doing something honorable after all." The Ranger, clad in heavy, jet black armor with purple lining, slouched forward a bit to counter the weight of the large jetpacks that were mounted on his back.OOC: Picture of sanny' Here. :P--Akaku: Master of Flight

Klax couldn't relate to whatever it was the Sangheili was feeling, personally, he felt refreshed, and clean, perhaps San' had not eaten properly. "I feel nothing of the sort, but, I do agree that something is up, yet I do not seem to sense any kind of tension," he said, watching the plasma cannon as it was carried away by a Phantom.-Klax

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume stood silently next to B'kar. Stairs were a nuisance, but Vume approached them like he did any challenge, something to be conquered, and conquered them he had. He gazed out from the observation deck down at the city of New Venice below. "It is an interesting feeling," he said, "To be in a city that less than a generation ago we would have razed to the ground."He looked at B'kar, "Why are we here, commander? Should we not be out dismantling pirate forces where they lay?"

IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]The form of the Commander rocked on his haunches, a hand reaching out to relax on the railing- the Sangheili paused a moment and retracted his arm. Humans may be their allies, but he was still wary of becoming too comfortable with their society. His dark, pit-like voice rumbled in response without so much as looking at Vume,"To chase after those vile hereti-- rebels, is to chase after a beast in the forests of Sanghelios, only to find oneself surrounded by hunters of that beast's kind that baited the fool of a hunter."He seemed to ignore the prior statement, knowing very well that the Sangheili population of Eiro Jima could easily raze the humans to the ground with very light resistance; even if the humans outnumbered the Sangheili three-to-one. They were a weak race in his views. Brave, he would sometimes admit. But strong? Going beyond duty and station for glory? These values, they did not hold. As if he wasn't quite done speaking, the Commander added on,"We'd do more harm than good trying to dig out the virus that plagues society. They've adapted to years of covert ruination, and can kill many pursuers before finally being overcome. The humans know this well, it would seem; they were fighting such rebel forces long before we descended upon them all those years ago."

IC: Jason chose not to comment on Mike's remarks, deciding that it would be better to withhold his judgements. Instead, he picked up his helmet under his arm and made his way over to where he saw Rachel conversing with Leliel. As for the staff sergeant, she was listening eagerly to the other woman speak, nodding when she finished. "I see," Rachel said, scratching her chin in a thoughtful manner, "I guess that kind of paints those stories of you beating the tar out of people who look at you funny in a new light." Somewhere in the back of her mind, Rachel hoped that she would run in to plenty of morons when Leliel was around, as she was now more curious than ever to see what Leliel looked like in a fight. She was about ot say something else when she spotted Jason heading their way. "Oi, took you long enough," she teased, giving the medic a playful shove to the arm, "What happened? You misplace your Bandaids?" "Only 'cause I keep having to patch you up with them," Jason shot back, although his tone was light. "Yeah, yeah," Rachel scoffed, waving her hand dismissively, "Anyway, you gonna just stand there or are you going to great the Sergeant?" "Ah, sorry ma'am," Jason said, realizing his mistake and hastily saluted Leliel, "Lance Corporal Jason Hemming. It's a pleasure to be working with you."

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume nodded, "Your words ring true. I am known to be rather rash in my judgments, still, it seems... wrong to leave them be. This stance of reaction we have now is not how Sangheili handle things. It feels human. I do not like it."

IC: "I'm a sergeant, not a 'ma'am,' and salutes are unnecessary. I work for a living," Leliel responded, the ending statement likely being the closest thing to a joke she had told all year -- if not her entire life. "I'm going down to the hangars," she stated only seconds later, mostly because she intended to be on time -- if not early -- to when they were to drop to Eiro Jima. As far as ODSTs in space were concerned, Leliel could arguably be the one who anticipated getting back on the ground the most. Before the other staff sergeant, or the medic, could reply to her, she had already started walking off. Of course, if they were so inclined to say something, they could probably raise their voice or follow her.

IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]The Commander nodded his head in understanding, still rocking on his haunches as if staying still for too long would cause them to freeze up. "Aye... Though we still have so few ships, it would be.. reckless, to go in so fast. Less than two-hundred Sangheili ships remain; as we continue to restore our once prestigious power, we may cleanse this galaxy of those who would threaten honorless anarchy. I am of the same mind, Brother. it is not in my good nature to allow such passive.. tolerance. Yet unless we find ourselves engaged or manage to 'happen upon' any such foes, we have no clearance..." He growled at the word, "to engage."After replying the silver visage looked up to the skies: A dark, geometrical figure was starting to descend its orbit; the ship must have been making thousands of microadjustments thanks to the efficiency of the human A.I. it likely had equipped. Dry-docking was not an easy thing for naval ships-of-the-line; it was part of why the Covenant preferred to keep their ships in a very low synchronized position above the surface, allowing gravity lifts to do all the transportation. Why the humans did not make similar adjustments to their systems, was beyond him.

IC: [Vume Chavamai]"I suppose patience is a virtue," Vume muttered. He stared at the human ship coming in to dock. Humanity's technology looked so unwieldy. A box in the sky. It was astounding to Vume how so primitive a species could be so resilient and resourceful. By all rights they should have been wiped out long ago.

IC: [UNSC Plataea]As the ship became more than a boxy blot in the sky, it lightly rocked in a very subtle cradle side to side. After breaching the atmosphere, the rocking (although slight) slowed and calmed as the ship came slowly into the waiting, embracing arms of docking cranes. The engines winked a very dim intensity and soon nothing at all: the clamps now had secured the Marathon-class ship, and had elegantly began lowering it into the drydock. Meanwhile, several vehicles towed ramps that were matched to the hangar sizes of the Plataea so the occupants could safetly exit the ship en masse. Hangar B was on the belly and not suited to the ramps, leaving only two other Hangars: one on the left and right side.While the business on the outside was being carried out, troopers, marines, and Spartans among other personnel moved like ants to find their assigned squads and platoons. The ship's Commander and his bridge crew were doing a last cycle before shutting down the reactors; they had no reason to hurry down and leave the ship with the others. The soldiers were arriving, yes, but the parade set up to celebrate the third selection of military soldiers sent from the UNSC was about a kilo away. The troopers would be hoofing it at first to stretch their limbs, and they'd be subject to light drilling from their platoon leaders to get their limbs stretched and combat effective again. However, for now chaos still reigned in the hangers as the ramps were being extended.Meanwhile, not far off from the docking area that floated on an emerald-colored sea was the observation platform that a selection of Sangheili stood on. Their Commander would maintain watch with the group, observing the human military. Under his breath, he murmured blatant distaste of the human's designs. Regardless, he couldn't deny that the ships were sturdy despite the lack of elegance. Though that was all for naught when one had energy shielding that his superior race boasted."Sangheili... we move. The humans need not worry about our presence. We have something to look into... I sense dishonorable plans due unto this city. The humans, woefully inept, will not be the silent protectors of this holy planet. No, it shall be us Sangheili whom gloriously preserve the serenity!"B'kar growled in challenge to the other Sangheili, and started sliding his feet carefully down the stairs- they took practice, but one could get it right with time. He expected the twenty-four of his species to follow. Humanity may have had numbers... but this group had leadership, training, and intel. They would follow B'kars' hunch without objection, without question. And thus, they would expose these vermin that tainted their holy streets.

IC:"Mike, keep the bloodlust under control," Allan instructed. "Pirates can smell presumptuous kids looking for a fight from a mile away. Plus you really don't want to be the one who instigated a brawl in Eiro Jima. The brass won't let you forget that particular fact for what may be quite literally an eternity. Plus, let's not forget the psych reports. Just keep the safety on, OK?"

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC: Rex and Mato examined the ODSTs. He had known they were the baddest of the bad, but their stern demeanor set him off balance. The SpecOps Sangheili examined them with a careful eye, the "tusks" of his Ascetic helm gleaming in the light. The two approached the H***jumpers, Rex keeping pace with his friend's immense strides.Rex took his helmet off, tucked it under his right arm, keeping up with the swarm of hustling soldiers. "And so it begins," 'Moram sighed. Rex shouldered an M45, then slid a clip into a BR55HB."Let's ride!" said Rex, grinning behind his visor.OoC: I forgot to mention the modification to Rex's CQB helmet. It's essentially an Avohkii with a Reach default visor color.

Edited by Rookie Leonidas Spartana

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin raced down towards the hangar, sliding neatly between a spartan and an elite, which he thought was odd. He didn't remember anything about an elite on the ship. He shrugged, it wasn't important. All that mattered now was getting off this boat and onto the sweet, sweet ground. He slid past several marines into the hangar, then jogged lightly over to his assigned squad. He still held his helmet in the crook of his arm, anticipating that first sweet breath of fresh air.

OOC: Also, as I discussed via PM with one of the members of the RPG, player-characters of the same basic type of group (AKA Marines, Spartans, ODSTs, SpecOps, Navy, etc. etc. etc.) can form their own squads of between 4 and 6, possibly 7 characters if you want a squad comprised completely of player-characters. Just PM and discuss it with other members, find a squad leader who has the rank for the job, PM me with who's in the squad and what each person's role is, and you should be good to go ^_^IC: [Commander Vale]Noting the final reactor cycle finishing unexpectedly early (though he had his suspicions the ship's A.I. was involved), the Commander nodded to his monitor with a sense of resignation. He always hated to leave behind the ship; some would say captains and commanders got to sentimentally attached to their boats: These tales had been woven into legend during the Human-Covenant War, where exploits of the great UNSC naval heroes would often go down with their ship in a fiery plume of nuclear death.The Commander wouldn't deny these rumors, for he couldn't deny that he did feel a bond with the Plataea and all of its noble crew. Perhaps that was what motivated him to take one last swig of his coffee before ordering the Bridge Crew to leave the ship and accompany him to Hangar A. The crew and all the loyal soldiers who belonged to it were the heart and soul of the Plataea; they deserved his recognition and time as much as the body of the ship."Alright ladies and gents, we're going to ride with the boys in green down to the parade. There should be several vehicles on the docking platform that are purely civilian and meant for us to sit in. The Marines have more than likely got their rides covered from what we brought with us as well as the surplus vehicles brought in from nearby Fort Pugnax."One of the Ensigns yawned and lazily inquired, "So why do we have to go now, boss? The Hangar Bays aren't even open to the dock yet."Vale sighed inwardly at this statement. Ensign Alex Lassman was his Comms Officer, and a very careless one at that. It wasn't a wonder that replacing the Ensign had crossed Vale's mind once or twice. However, he chose to respond in a kindly way regardless; the long trip was over and the Bridge Crew in particular had a right to be irritant or impatient."Well since you so kindly asked, Ensign, we're leaving the comfort of the Plataea to assemble with the UNSC soldiers already down in the Hangars. Why? Because they're part of this ship's shopping list as well as any of us are, and they deserve to be addressed by their ship's commander. Lucky you: I don't think our A.I. friend trusts any of you up here alone, and neither do I. Besides, the rest of the ship's maintenance crew's already headed that way as well. Might as well join in the festivities, eh?"A couple of the other Ensigns were more exuberant, having expressed interest in getting a closer look at the UNSC Scorpions, Warthogs, and other such ground vehicles. They were much like children, really: Anything military that didn't have wings were almost foreign to some of these young ensigns, and like a small child they were piqued with the interest of getting a closer look and even running their hand along the smooth chasis of the sturdy UNSC vehicles.Sighing sarcastically, Vale hurried all of the Bridge Crew out of the room and down to Hangar A. As the last of them left the room, he input the security codes to lock the bridge: A security measure to keep their A.I. safe from any tampering, if an intruder somehow managed to evade the A.I.'s detection all the way to the Bridge. Unlikely, yes, but you could never be too careful: Eayn insurgents had proven time and again to be more troublesome than anticipated.With a final glance back at his makeshift home, the Commander put his back to it and headed towards the Hangar Bay.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

OOC: Its no joke.IC: Terra walked into the hangar fully equipped for the for any event in the future including a shoulder slung bandoleer full of explosive charges and shells for his shotgun. Coupled with the fact he had both the Rocket launcher and the shotgun clamped to his armor this image removed the impression of peaceful. "Are we going by pelican or something with a bit of fire power?" Terra said gesturing to the Sparrow hawks at the other side of the hangar.

Edited by stoney the raptor

IC:(Lance CorporalThomas Hunter)Thomas lited his helmet and placed it over his head, allowing the VISR system to boot up and outline all of the people around him in green. Slinging his snipper rifle across his back and grabbing a SOCOM pistol, he searched the area for the other ODSTs.As he found them and was heading over, a disemdodied voice came over the P.A. system telling everybody to head to the landing bays.Thomas hurried over to the other ODSTs as they started off. As he reached them, he caught sight of an ODST known for her bad temper walking away from a medic and a staff sergeant. While the first person would probably not like somebody randomly walking up and talking to her, the other two looked much more mellow.Or at least as mellow as an ODST could be.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Okay, a couple things to clear up before this gets too crazy with the confusion and implications:Stoney: What mission? :P They don't have any big battle they're about to head into. They're not preparing for a fight.Leonidas: There are -no- Sangheili on the ship. The only exception is your character because I didn't get a chance to remind you of that until you'd posted it a few times. So he's the only Sangheili on the Plataea. Another thing I want to bring up without getting to nitpicky is this: Guys, don't go making up NPC Spartans. Juuust about anything else is fine, but don't make up NPC Spartans. You can bump into a miscellenious one if you're on a ship that has them (like the Plataea), but don't go describing them if they're not a player character or existing NPC. I'm doing this for the sake of numbers. 100 may sound like a lot, but considering how many we got in the last RPG between NPCs and player-characters, numbers can add up quick.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1st]Mike siged, and started walking around Hangar A ,looking for his squad.He noticed that the people supposed to be in his squad darted off or hid. He shook his head, and walked some more. He entered Hangar B, and quickly found his group, and discovered they were waiting for him. Mike waved them over and said "Sorry for the wait. I'm a little slow today." He looked around, and saw that everyone had a rank higher then him, and he sighed. "Of course. I get stuck with the group where everyone can give me orders. Great." The Lance Corperal glared at him, and said to Mike "I heard of your reputation for disrespect. You may be a great sniper and pilot, but any disrespect..." Mike said "Fine. I'll try my hardest to respect your orders." and with that, he stood with his group, and began to wait for further orders.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

OOC: Depends on who or what you are, and the situation. You just have to fit it more into a realistic situation than a gamer's point of view. So it's not like unlocking something at the armory and "Ohey I can go customize." Rather, if it makes sense like a piece of your armor gets trashed or you need different components to deal with a different kind of battle setting (as is prominent in specialist groups like the ODSTs or Spartans), then there can be necesarry changes. But try not get too into modifying looks or anything. Just adapt to the situations. :P EDIT:TheX- Nothing major whatsoever, but everyone's still in the Plataea :P Hangars A and B are just large enough to fit a lot of people in. We're waiting on docking ramps to be attached before unsealing the Bay Doors and accessing the mainland. Just a little tidbit before people start thinking we're already in the sun and shine ;)

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC: "You think I offended her?" "Nah," Rachel shrugged as the two ODSTs made their way in to their designated hangar, "I think you'd be patching up your nose if you had, so I think you're safe." "If you say so," Jason said, adjusting his grip on his helmet, "Anyway, what are we all gathering in here for? I thought we were going on the ground." "They gotta brief us first, you goof," Rachel sighed, "Did the freezer burn get to your brain or something?"OOC: Just as a heads up, I'm going to be away for the next few days.

IC: After a minuet of watching their conversation, Thomas walked over to the two ODSTs. "She has such a warm personality. It's a wonder that she has no friends."This, of course was said with the straitest face Thomas could manege. However, he couldn't stop the corner of his mouth from twitching ever so slightly.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:Instead of walking around with her expression visible for all, as grimacing often had a tendency to offend and start problems, Leliel had sealed her head inside of her ODST helmet. At least for her, the inside of the helmet felt familiar, like her own little fortress of solitude despite walking about in public. Her hair easily coiled up and fit inside the helmet, not posing any comfort issues or risk, and the VISR system decided that it would be fully functional that day. After her last mission, the HUD systems had to be repaired due to a fairly nasty blow she took to the side of the head -- the helmet having dented slightly, the paint scratched off and the actual lense smashed in on one side. For that blow, Leliel had spent some time in the medical bay getting shards of glass out of the left side of her face. Luckily, none of those shards left a scar -- as unlikely as that may have been.For now she kept the COM off, to where she could only receive any messages, or hear people talk right in front of her. If she were to speak, for instance, it wouldn't leave the confines of her helmet -- and she took painstaking care to make sure everything was offline before talking in such a manner. As far as anyone was concerned, the tangents, rants, raves, Leliel went on about when no one could hear here could amount to something like a diary -- one that disposed itself. To any outsider, it would appear that she walked in silence -- her fairly tall self, standing around 6' 5", moving in a fashion that seemed more mechanical than organic. In fact, locked away inside of her armor, it would be hard for the common passerby to really discern her gender, unless they had their own VISR system to place a name to her, but even then, her name did come from a "Prince of the Night" in mythological tales, at least mythological as far as she cared."I hate parades, I really do. Flaunting ourselves about like ornaments, what's the point? We're just doing our jobs, why the crack do we need to celebrate it? Honestly, it's not like anyone has done anything worth acknowledging since the last large-scale war. Before my time as that is... still, fighting and dying isn't hard. Heck, I've fought more than probably the majority of soldiers here. Not all, but a good chuck of them. In comparison, I doubt I've fought nearly as much as those of the last war did... and they didn't fair very well. And the ones who did shine? Outshone by those fricking 'Spartans' everyone so loves. Human machines designed for war, what a waste... what a waste of their lives, what a waste of our own efforts. People who deserve to be in this parade don't exist, and when they did, any praise they got ended up being eclipsed by these... machines, these bestial, sub-human animals that only know how to kill and be killed. I hate them, smug expressions behind their opaque visors, looking down on everyone else who actually sacrificed... thinking they're so much fricking better. They're no different than those Elites, always mocking, so willing to end lives... innocent or not. To be compared to those things... either of them, is the greatest insult one can endure," Leliel muttered to herself, venting steam before it solidified into actual violence -- likely, a fight would occur that would not be in her favor. After all, she was no Elite.Her body language conveyed an anger inside of her through her rant, her steps getting a bit faster, harder, her muscles tense underneath the armor and if anyone could see her eyes, the first case of death-by-stare might've been recorded. Quietly, ending her own tirade inside of her helmet, she took up position with her own squad. They were one of the more stilled groups present, each one mirroring a machine, each one standing statuesque and waiting for orders to leave the hangar after the docking. If anything, they merely watched the others, their own helmets on and concealing their faces, Leliel the taller out of them. If they spoke, they only spoke to each other on their own frequency, though Leliel just kept her tongue for the time being. She didn't trust herself not to insult the most prized soldier-type of the UNSC, or their oh so loved allies.Just want to get this over with.

IC: Rex, who stood nearby, heard Leliel's mini-rant over the noise. "Watch what you say, ma'am," he said. "We Spartans may be freaks, but we're freaks that get the job done. Make some Elite friends; the stereotyps aren't always true." He nodded to Mato. "And my big friend here is one of those exemptions.""Imp," 'Moram growled. "Be thankful we are on your side. It may have been Spartan-117 who destroyed the Gravemind, and saved humanity, but it was the Arbiter who killed the Chieftan Tartarus. If we had not defected, your worlds would still be glass, and humankind would be erradicated.""Easy, 'Moram," warned his Spartan cohort. "I'd like a little more respect, ma'am. You don't see me making wise cracks about ODSTs, other than that they're the human equivalent to cats; always landing feet first"