Rpg Halo: Retribution

IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | Erio Jima, New Venice | Streets"I really don't like this," grumbled Kaldera.Zarana Fehra Veru shot her bond-brother the closest thing Hunters could get to a withering look. "You have been saying that since the war ended," she rumbled back, as the Fehra pair moved at a rather slow pace through the city, skirting the area where the Humans were supposed to be having a parade. "You think anything that isn't putting an Assault Cannon to use is a bad idea."Kaldera Fehra Selre sent back a non-committed rumble of annoyance. "Isn't that what we are supposed to be for? Fighting?""We are also supposed to be members of the Alliance. If they do not want us to fight, we will not fight."Another annoyed rumble emanated from the male Hunter, but he made no reply as he followed the dominant half of the pair. OOC: Here are the profiles I have for the RPG; Zarana and Kaldera are basically moving without much purpose around the area the parade is going to take place.No IC for my Skirmisher yet, since I'm trying to decide where I should put her. Any other people here using Kig-Yar?-Inferna

OOC: Far as I'm aware, you're the first to sport Hunter and Skirmisher/Jackal characters. There's mostly ODSTs and Sangheili thus far, but there usually ends up being more variety once it progresses.IC: [Commander Vale]As the Commander and his basic bridge crew got situated and comfortable in their little luxurious vehicle, he couldn't help but look around at all the armor- Behind and in front of him sat two Scorpion Main Battle Tanks, behemoths of the battlefield. To either side were two marines from the Plataea on Mongoose light-recon vehicles, mostly to keep people from getting over-excited and rushing over to shake hands with the Marathon-Cruiser's Commander.He couldn't help but wonder why the troopers already on Eiro Jima had requisitioned so much of their armor here- the capitol of the city was already incredibly secure thanks to the Military Police stationed at all entry points of the city, including docking. It didn't bug him too much- he rarely questioned orders on the ground, as they weren't much his area of business or profession. The driver, a Sergeant in military dress that was from the Eiro Jiman Marines, roared the vehicle to life and spoke into a small mic attached to his ear, dangling down to his lips.As if on command, the vehicles in front of him began to slowly move- By the time these lead vehicles got to the parade, anyone who wasn't already in some form of armor or aircraft would most definitely be ready in the back.IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]The larger of the Sangheili clacked his mandibles in contempt and spoke in a private communication between all of the Sangheili present."Special Operations division: we're going to place small plasma charges along the sides of the two garage doors- activate camouflage."He nodded to Vume and San' to go to the garage door where they'd seen movement, while he nodded at the other two to take the far door. The SpecOps Commander then engaged his own camouflage, and his light-refracting figure was a blur as he faced the other twenty Sangheili that had accompanied him, as well as the Ultra, Kiro Uron."These are Kig-Yar. Not to be trusted... when my men blow that door, you shall charge in and police the area- Only kill the Kig-Yar if they bear arms against you. You, Uron..." The name was said in a respectful tone despite the growl in his voice. "Shall lead them through the door. My men and I shall wait outside should any try to escape from any side of the building. Once you give the all clear, we'll come in and assess the situation alongside the rest of you.Any questions, my Warriors?"Something about the Kig-Yar bothered him. He knew there were traders from Eayn in New Venice: Perhaps that was the only thing sparing them from the Sangheili going in weapons-free. However, such an out of the way, run-down building was all too suspicious given the rumors. If they erred, and these were simple merchants, then B'kar himself would cover the costs of the damage inflicted.IC: [???]As the Hunter-pair heavily pounded along the street, several small figures ran past them. At a glance, one might have thought they were small children, but upon closer examination these were much thinner, more lithe, than any human or Elite child. One accidentally bumped into Kaldera, hissing and cursing at itself moreso than the lumbering titan. It quickly moved on with the others, who were moving up a fire escape on a far-side building.However, on the ground not so far from Kaldera's foot was a small, vaguely head-shaped device. It resembled the gear the Kig-Yar of the Covenant had worn to hardlink their weapons to their vision to increase accuracy and aim. However, it seemed as if no attempt was made to collect the device. As if the creature hadn't even noticed that it had lost something by bumping into the Hunter.IC: [Eiro Jiman Trooper]"Well, there usually isn't a whole lot going on here- Eiro Jima, that is. Street violence and the occasional Insurrection arrest are usually about it, or at least it's been that way until about the past week. We've heard of a surge in rebel activity in other cities, so just to play it safe we've requisitioned most of our big guns away from where they could be potentially stolen or compromised. Besides, best to look impressive for the people of New Venice to give them some inspiration in your arrival."The driver then revved the Warthog once and slowly began to follow in formation, only two vehicles away from the Plataea's Commander's vehicle.

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}Kiro latched his staff onto the back of his armor, detaching his Repeater at the same time as he did so. He activated the weapon, it's "lights" flaring on."I have a better idea. Ever tried knocking, without explosives? My men and I will go in first, they'll never see us. After all, you didn't"Two elites joined Kiro from the shadows, weapons primed. He gestured to both of them, who activated their own active camo. Within moments, Kiro was the only elite visible."Unless you feel like starting a battle, i'll go in first. If you hear shots, get in. If i had my proper armor i wouldn't be worried, but this stuff isn't as strong as it might look. Are we agreed, B'kar?"

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

IC: Leliel chose not to respond, letting her eyes behind her opaque visor scan the multitude of vehicles, and then slowly over to the people that were sure to be watching them. Compared to the many ODST's who had their helmets off, likely to bask in the glory of the parade, her team may have seem rather out of place with their stoic positions: being faceless likely didn't make them seem any more friendly. It's odd... or perhaps I'm just not privy to all the details, but that the UNSC would remove protective measures from other cities just to fortify this one... potentially sacrificing loads of innocent lives to these 'surges' that are occuring. What's here that's worth it? Is it particularly strategic? Or is there something important somewhere around here that they're all trying to protect? And with all this armor presented... with us in battle ready armor and uniform, plenty of us with our weapons... are they expecting something to happen? And if so... what? And why weren't we informed?For the time being, Leliel kept her thoughts and suspicisions to herself. She had no evidence to go off of and was merely assuming things, though she was assuming the worst possible scenario, which caused her to sit a little straighter and feel a tad more attentive than before. Quietly she activated the COM channel she shared with her squad, at least wanting to reinforce her earlier statement of "keep an eye out" -- she did not like being taken by surprise, and she abhorred the idea of losing a teammate because of this parade. Her squad mates merely acknowledged her, the two of them apparently feeling similarly to Leliel, though that might have been prompted from the tone of her voice when she spoke. And if there is something suspected of happening... then why's Vale in such an exposed vehicle? He could be situated on a tank, at least then if something happened, he could get dragged inside. I really doubt the Plataea is really ready for a brand new commander, and it just makes sense to protect those who are likely of some advantage to our enemies. Leliel sighed and decided to ignore any thoughts relating to the parade, beginning to focus her attention on the safety of it. The last thing she, and really anyone, wanted to deal with was an insurrectionist, or a pirate platoon, running in and trying to lay waste to anything that lived. But to have a force large enough to compromise this one... something like that can't just get in here undetected, right?

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume nodded at Commander B'kar and moved silently near the garage door. On his thighs rested his sward and pistol, should he need them. Vume took this brief moment to check the energy daggers that lay within his armor. They were an older weapon, to be sure, but Vume would trust them over plasma weaponry any day.He scowled at Kiro's interruption. He was not in charge of this operation. He waited patiently for B'kar's response, hoping the commander would put the elderly fool in his place.[Colin Ferris]Colin couldn't help from grin as the vehicles atrarted up. There was something magical about the UNSC war machine coming to life. At the same time, though, he couldn't help but shake the unease that this was all just a little too much. He grabbed his rifle off his back and held it. It was really just to comfort him, but just in case all ###### broke loose, well... better safe than sorry. Besides, ODSTs were cool, but ODSTs with guns were cooler, the civilians would get a show.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: San' GaroSan was already in position according to B'kars orders, when after a moment, he finally said: "B'kar is the one of highest rank here, he should make the decisions. Any suggestions should only be acted upon once approved by he himself." He had hesitated to say it, because he recongnized the elite that seemed to be giving B'kar a hard time. Kiro... It has been a long time...--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

OOC:UPDATE! The First Page now has a list of every single Character in the game thus far, as well as details of who's what. If we get enough interest and organization, I may also make a small section detailing squads and who's in which squad to help newcomers find a place to easily fit in.I'd recommend everybody go back to the bottom of the first post and have a look to ascertain that I didn't miss a character!IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]B'kar seemed to take the challenge more calmly than anticipated. "Uron, your plan guarantees no damage to property, but puts lives at risk. If we hear shooting, you risk injury or death of both yourself and others- we have no idea what's inside, and if we lose the element of surprise, Sangheili could die. Perhaps they have a bomb in there- If they catch you before you can do anything, then that is valuable Sangheili blood spilled for nothing. If we detonate charges.. the disorientation should be more than enough for you to police the area without risk of lives. If they are innocent, I can more than cover the expenses."He growled a warning to both Vume and San', not wishing to risk dishonor by having others fight his own moral battles for or alongside him.IC: [UNSC Plataean trooper]On the tread opposite of Colin a young, lively Marine in olive fatigues and basic battle armor stood challengingly to gravity. Of course, his arrogance made a fool of himself when the tank slowly grinded forward, causing him to lose his balance and fall back onto the driver's sealed hatch. Quickly hiding his reddening face and sitting back down he asked Colin, "So, you lookin' forward to catching some rays and enjoying the Italian cuisines New Venice is famous for?"IC: [???]As the lithe figures came to the top of the fire escape, they hefted up their less agile companions onto the roof, then quickly clambered up themselves. The figures then hunched themselves low to the floor of the roof and quietly ran from building to building, the more capable jumping to the roofs that were a few yards apart. On the other side of the parade street were more of these enigmatic figures. The clamor and excitement of the parade as the gentle hum of vehicles off in the distance became audible grew more and more, easily masking their presence. Cautious of flying vehicles, they slowly activated some form of camouflage devices, each in turn slowly disappearing from the visible spectrum of existence.Several began to hunker down, and make themselves comfortable.

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume bowed his head to B'kar in acknowledgement.[Colin Ferris]Colin looked at the marine, grinning inside his helmet at the soldiers antics. "I'm not gonna lie, it's tempting. But I have a sneaking suspicion I may not get to enjoy anything New Venice has to offer for awhile." He laughed quietly, "But maybe I will. I dunno. Maybe I'm paranoid."

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}"As you wish, B'kar." Kiro said, bowing. He clicked his mandibles once, calling off his two "body guards." "They'll go around back and sneak in some other route. The rest of you, Form up! I want charges set on both sides of the door, we're blowing it in, not out. Half power, only enough to rip the door, not enough to destroy what's inside! Do not open fire until you are fired upon."

= IC / Katrina Grey =Katrina shoved her way through past marines, ODSTs, even a couple Spartans. She could hear the vehicles at the front of column already starting to rumble forward. She had a few seconds. There simply hadn't been time or opportunity between being thawed and now to contact her new charge.Her HUD identified the man in front of her as Thomas Green. He was talking to someone else, but she simply didn't have time to be polite. "Lance Corporal Thomas Green?" she said through her helmet speakers, "You have been assigned to my squad. Come with me before this parade leaves us all behind."

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: Thomas Hunter- Leaving UNSC PlataeaIC: "Are you coming?" Hunter said to the other "Tom" as he walked down the ramp with the other ODSTs. "I'd hate to part so soon after finding out something so wonderfully coincidental."

IC Thomas Green - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Talking to Thomas Hunter: "Of course I'm coming," he said, following the ODST who shared his first name. Suddenly, a female ODST spoke to him from behind, causing Tom to turn and focus on her. However, before he could speak, she told him that he had been assigned to her squad, and to follow her.Not wanting to leave a bad first impression on either of the ODSTs, he nodded, "Yes Ma'am. Alright Thomas, it was nice to meet you," he said, walking off the ramp to follow his new squad leader. His HUD identified her as Katrina Grey, a Sergeant; "Might I ask, who else is one the squad, ma'am?" he said, picking up the pace, since Katrina seemed to be in a hurry.IC Klax Faldak - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Standing by: Klax waited for Uron and his squad to break into the building, preparing himself for battle as he did. He kept his mouth shut, since he didn't want any heat from B'kar or any of the others. I hope this isn't anything more than traders we're dealing with, I'd rather not be shot at by pirates today. -Klax

= IC / Katrina Grey ="I'm sorry I had to break up your conversation, it's just the parade is getting a move on and I didn't want to lose you. Since I don't think we'll be getting much action here I'm sure you two can meet up again in the downtime." As they made their way to the center of the formation, Katrina responded, "Private First Class Theodore Beyer, and Private First Class Booker Classet. So don't worry, if I die in action, you're in charge." She gave a sharp laugh as she reached a troop carrier Warthog. A man in Recon ODST armor gave her a hand as she climbed up, and she in turn offered her hand to Thomas.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC Thomas Green - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Talking to Katrina Grey: Thomas chuckled at her comment, but realized it was true, very true. He grabbed hold of her hand, and pulled himself up into the Warthog, helping the other two ODSTs into the vehicle. "I hate to show myself off to civilians, like I'm some kind of... decoration, or instrument. But, I guess morale is always important in the end. I'd be more understanding if we were in the middle of a major war, but we aren't," he said, taking a seat in the 'Hog.OOC: May be my last post of the night, I'm not sure.-Tom

= IC / Katrina, Theodore, Booker ="If it makes you uncomfortable take a page from Theo's book," she said, jerking her thumb at the ODST in Recon. He gave a slight nod. "Just sit down with your helmet on and look scarce, I don't really care. Just don't take a page out of Booker's... book." She cast a scathing but amused look at the other ODST, this one in Sharpshooter armor. He was standing at the front of the carrier's bed, next to the cab, with his helmet under his arm. He was grinning wide, waving at... well, no one in particular, as the parade hadn't started yet.Booker took notice of Katrina and Thomas. "I'm practicing. Gotta look pretty."

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume bowed his head to B'kar in acknowledgement.[Colin Ferris]Colin looked at the marine, grinning inside his helmet at the soldiers antics. "I'm not gonna lie, it's tempting. But I have a sneaking suspicion I may not get to enjoy anything New Venice has to offer for awhile." He laughed quietly, "But maybe I will. I dunno. Maybe I'm paranoid."

IC:Allan also grinned, witnessing the marine shudder in his boots upon the tank starting."Paranoia just what we need at the moment, if I were to be honest. Of course things seem secure and blissful at the moment, but there's usually calm before the sorm, right?"After he said this, Allan saw he had unnerved the marine somewhat."I'm sure we'll be fine though, especially with all of this armour! But keep that rifle handy anyway," he said, tilting his head to show he was winking beneath his helmet.

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | Erio Jima, New Venice | StreetsKaldera's rumble was more of surprise than anger when he felt someone ram into his armored frame. By the time he was able to comprehend that it was not a Human or Sanghelli child that had slammed into him, though, the group was long gone, causing him to scowl in annoyance. Zarana turned around when she heard her bond-brother's reaction, and quickly noticed the new thing. 'What is that by your feet?"Glancing down, the male Hunter noticed it as well, and awkwardly stooped over to retrieve it. Both he and his bond-sister were in their bulky armor, but neither had their shields or Assault Cannons. He had never confided in another other than Zarana about it, but walking the streets without their weapons made Kaldera nervous. Less than four decades had passed since Humans had been fighting his kind, and from what he knew of Humans, that was not long enough to erase distrust or hatred. Yes, it would be a rare day that someone picked a fight with Hunters, even unarmed ones, but he was nervous nonetheless.Shaking his head to erase the images from his mind for the moment, Kaldera lifted the metallic object up to his eyes. "It looks like equipment from the Covenant age. Looks like something a Kig-yar would use," he reported, passing the device to the dominant sibling."Why would there be Kig-yar equipment here?" mused the female Fehra. Both knew about the traders, but they had assumed they were there peacefully. Perhaps that was just a cover for something else.Kaldera had the same train of thought, and both felt cold inside. Where were Sanghelli when they needed them -- and more importantly, where was their equipment?"Which way did they go?" the female asked worriedly. Her bond-brother pointed down the street (how could he have known they had gone up a fire-escape? They were moving so fast), and they started off again, this time with a purpose: find those figures and learn what was going on.Even without arms, Hunters were very intimidating.OOC: Jsyk, my computer time is really limited, especially on weekends. Apologies in advance. >.<I'm just going to place Ket somewhere in New Venice and roll from there. If anyone wants her to be where they are, feel free.IC: Ket | Erio Jima, New Venice | ???The purpose of a Skirmisher was to be stealthy. To be fast, nimble, and hard to predict. In the War, they had been the soldiers that might fight for one moment, and then vanish the next, only to attack again. Ket knew that, of course: she had been born just before the War had ended. She was factionless now ... officially. Unofficially, though, there were plenty of places where she might stake her loyalty.The universe was all about choice. Choose to fight or choose to flee. Shoot your enemy with the Needle Rifle, with a Plasma Pistol, or just throw a grenade. Hunt or be hunted. Kill or be killed.After all, in the end, everyone was going to die eventually. Might as well be someone who died later than earlier.-Inferna

Thomas Hunter- Eiro Jima ParadeIC: Just as the other ODST was walking away, another man came up to Thomas. He handed him a slip of paper saying. "Your squad just came through. You are to report to Sergeant Katrina Grey for further orders."Looking around, Thomas found that Katrina Grey, was the ODST that had just taken his conversation partner away. Running over, he saluted to her, handing the slip of paper over saying. "Squad transfer orders Ma'am. seems that I am one of your men now."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:"Seems that I haven't been assigned anything yet. Perhaps no leadership positions left. Unless there's an Lt or a Sergeant Major looking for guys out there, it seems command wants me for something else. I suppose I could always form one.."How about you guys?"

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra\}{/Kiro Uron\}Kiro nodded to himself as the charges were set, mentally counting down the seconds. If the rookies had done their jobs properly...Three...Two...One...Boom...The charges went off with barely a sound, an alteration made to them that simply released the plasma built up within and exposed it to the weak metal of the door. An improvisation that he hadn't thought of. He'd be sure to add that into any reports he made... The two Sangheli deserved mention for their approach.Raising his rifle, he stalked inside, peering into the dim light of the garage. With a quick hand gesture he ordered the elites around him to move in slowly.He flicked the safety on his Repeater, shook his head, and entered.

= IC / Katrina, Theodore, Booker =Katrina raised her eyebrows. "Men is right," she said, jokingly, "What I wouldn't give to have another woman on the squad! Well, get in the 'hog, we're about to be going. You know the other Thomas. The quiet one is Private First Class Beyer and the cool dude is Private First Class Classet.""I would take offense at that if it were not perfectly true," said Booker, nodding gravely.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC:

- Insurrectionist Cain Michaellis: Eiro Jima -

A parade was underway; the streets packed with civilians who wished to take a lengthy gander upon where their tax dollars were being siphoned off to. Now, Cain happened not to be a full-on taxpayer -- yes he paid taxes on drinks, foods, and sometimes random pleasantries he decided to indulge in, but he lacked property taxes, or a taxed paycheck from the government institution of the day. "What a waaaaste of money, no?" Cain asked himself, blowing his black bangs off his forehead, primarily because he couldn't stand that tickling sensation. He stood with his arms crossed, one hip taking on more of his weight than the other, which caused a slight tilt in his stance. In order to fit in a tad more, he wore a black t-shirt, his fair, bare arms only having a snaking, black tattoo wrapping about them.Normally, soldiers might have burly appearances, masculine traits from trained muscle development and from the experience of going through the worst. However, Cain seemed like any other sixteen year old boy of the city, young, holding a rather inexperienced countenance and mien -- not having taken to the strict behavioral regulations as seen in other militaries. The one thing that may have set him apart, was how his body looked as feminine as it did. His torso was thin, his arms soft in appearance and with fair skin, he had no hints of facial hair to speak of. His eyes seemed large, especially when framed by the black teardrop designs that seemed to serve the purpose of making his deep chestnut eyes stand out. The only thing that might be attributed to him doing anything other than sitting indoors was the tan of his skin, almost dark enough to make him appear as a different ethnicity."Hmmmmmm... well, this is kinda boring..." he mumbled to himself, taking a look around and choosing to walk towards a business that happened to be open, likely rejoicing with the amount of customers the parade generated. "Let's see what they're serving, maybe I can get something to eat while all these guys pass me by... huh, I have the same attitude with deadlines, don't I? Oh well, can't be helped," Cain shrugged and walked down the street, fairly rude when it came to pushing people out of his way to reach his destination. I like the city, but it can be incredibly troublesome... bah parades, always making things crowded and uncomfortable.

Edited by Spink

OOC: That's fine, Inferna ^_^ Good luck catching up in the more intense pages where combat may cause an explosion in activity. In fact, should anyone ever feel they're falling behind in the RPG and they don't have time to read up, generally just finding my posts should provide enough guidance to get you up to speed. Or, of course, ask somebody to fill you in :PIC: [sangheili group based at the suspicious Garage]Before the small, blue-hued haze of plasma gas quickly dissipated, and before the garage door collapsed in a heap of interconnected metal gratings onto the ground the harsh cry of Kig-Yar was heard. Disorientated though they may be, one scrambled for a plasma rifle lying blatantly in the open on a table inside the small shack, and another seemed to panic as it attempted to get back up from the gentle shockwaves that'd caused it to jump and trip over a human chair. Yet a third, this one bulkier and with the muscular build of a Skirmisher, seemed to maintain a sense of calm as it hopped over to the back table and reached for a set of wires, all leading to something beneath the far table...One of the Sangheili majors' eyes widened when he made the connection. Time seemed to move as a blur, each second ticking painfully by. As if in slow motion, the red-armored Elite screamed to his companions, amongst them Vume and Kiro,"Weapons free, by the Rings!"IC: [uNSC-Sponsored Parade, New Venice [Eiro Jima]]Lining either side of 7th and Rome Street were hundreds upon hundreds of cheering human civilians. Among and between them were also several Elites, whom towered over the humans and wore an entirely different style of clothing- that was, they seemed to still wear intricate robery and decorations rather than what looked "hip, fashionable, and in". Despite the differences of their societies, the two species were both celebrating the clamor- Grunt serfs and low wage workers attempted to shove and push their way to the front, wanting to risk sneaking away from work for awhile to take part in the joy and generally exciteable attitudes of everyone present.Somewhere, perhaps at the avenue that led to 7th and Cairo, a marching band played. The sound of blaring brass instruments, swept up with the light undertones of woodwinds and kept to the beat of snapping drums added a whimsical air to the already jubilant atmosphere. To those listening in, the song was one written in 2553 in remembrance of the war and all the lives lost. It was appropriately deemed "Never Forget", and the sad but hopeful tone reminded old war vets, several of whom were present, of those final and doom-filled days. Grizzled, bearded men who seemed chiseled out of stone would start to forge tears from the depths of their eyes- Perhaps in respect to their fallen squads, or for their lost loves whom they failed to save from the Covenant onslaught.Leading the military vehicles was a flat-bed Warthog, and proudly standing on it was Master Sergeant Tribiani in military dress- he was a favorite among New Venician locals, and the crowd clapped as the man saluted with a sharp smile to either side of the street. behind him rumbled one of the New Venice Marine's impressive Grizzly tanks, and overhead hummed the rotating blades of two Falcons. From the Falcons, marines in dress uniform threw handfulls of confetti, while a Vulture aircraft not far behind shot mock rounds that exploded like fireworks without the visual flair.The place was like a battlefield with no foe.For all the soldiers of the Plataea, the familiar voice of the ship's own Commander calmly sounded. "Look professional- be it a tight formation or a friendly killing machine." The voice was one that was well humored and relaxed. The channel was fairly open, and not hard to hack- but no hacker would have reason to tap in on a simple reminder to look good for the crowd.IC: [???]Suddenly, several of the figures froze as squaking broke out on their headpieces, sharply followed by static. One growled, but was quickly reprimanded in an alien tongue. Another figure cursed itself when it finally realized the piece had fallen off- he would be inadequate for this job now, and knew what his new duty must be.Surely enough, what appeared to be the one coordinating the effort called him out in a sharp, alien tongue. Your punishment for such haphazardness, is to be a runner and assess what's going on at the Checkpoint.The other nodded in shame, and left without another word. The others silently jeered at him as he ran back to where the fire escape was located, but their attentions soon turned to the parade again. With a single click of its bony jaw, the supposed leader figure ordered them to assume the execution-position. Quickly, several dozen near-invisible figures pulled glistening purple weapons out from under reflective blankets that had hidden them from a birds eye view. Each took one of the long-barreled weapons in their hands, and noiselessly calibrated the scope settings- from Carbines to Needle-bearing weapons, the pattern of weapons was infrequent. One by one each would look down to the parade, their weapons stealthily sliding from head to head, as if trying to pick correct targets.No shots were fired. For the parade hadn't progressed far enough yet. They would wait until he gave the command, no matter how long it took.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC:Allan sat next to Collin looking out at the crowd as the Scorpion rolled forward. He saw Master Sergeant Tribiani up ahead in a flatbed warthog, standing in order for the crowd to be able to gaze upon the local hero.The cheers were intoxicating, providing the soldiers with a sense of respect, of bliss. Allan just hoped that didn't lead to any deindividuation, or a lacking of guard. Although everything seemed to be fine, Allan still had a particular feeling that something wrong was near. A crowd as big as this could play host to anyone."Keep that professional look up, but make sure those hands are on your rifle," Allan told himself.

IC:

- Insurrectionist Cain Michaellis: Eiro Jima -

A small bell attached to the shop's door tinkled as Cain walked in casually, his eyes peering about the small cafe in a lazy manner. Despite how young he looked, it was quite hard to place him at any specific age -- surely somewhere between sixteen and eighteen, though just where was anyone's guess. Luckily enough, cafe's never seemed to have age limits for those who wanted to get a cup of coffee, perhaps a pastry, and spend some time sitting around and looking out the window. Many of the patrons took to such practices, just watching complacently as the parade worked its way down the street -- only the aircraft and tops of vehicles visible from the angle of the windows, mostly as the bodies of sangheili and humans obscurred the rest of the view. "I'll just have a pastry... a uh, muffin why not, blueberry," Cain spoke to the cashier, his eyes taking their time to wander over to where the pastries were laid out and labeled, his mind battling with itself for a few seconds on just what flavor he craved the most. "No coffee, stuff stains the teeth," he added while pulling out a wallet -- whether he owned it or not was up for debate, but he was able to cover the fee in kind. "Have a good day sir," the young woman said as she handed over the muffin Cain requested, he just nodding and taking it before heading off towards a seat near a window. At the current moment, he was technically not on any mission, or duty and had been able to take some time off of official duties to spend on himself down in the city. Naturally, he still had a sidearm on his person -- a suppressed SOCOM, one of a smaller make and a slightly modified body so it could fit strapped to his lower leg, hidden by his somewhat baggy jeans. He couldn't keep the weapon anywhere else for practicality's sake, even though he much preferred to have it readily on his hip, with a nice amount of magazines in reach. Suppression so I don't draw attention to myself if I must use it... it's not exactly a civilian weapon, and with the modifications, it's probably not all too legal... plus, kids my age can't apply for licenses to carry weapons in the first place, Cain sighed to himself, slowly taking a bite of his purchased morsel before looking out the window. I do wonder if something exciting will happen... I mean, if there is I'm not aware of it right now, am I? But... if our side chooses to move, it'd be nice to get a message or something. Like, a friendly "get out before we carpet bomb the place" would be soooo appreciated. And it'd kinda suck to not be part of it... like, I love how I look in my battle uniform. But to be fair, it makes just about anyone look suddenly more attractive... don't know why that is, maybe whoever designed it just had good taste, huh? He sat an elbow upon the smooth, cold table and pressed one of his supple cheeks into an oddly soft hand -- he often wore gloves before doing any Insurrectionist-based activities, mostly because he disliked getting his hands all cut up. Or burned. Every now and again he'd take another bite of the muffin, eating it sowly so he at least looked like he had a reason to be in the cafe and not out on the streets. Setting the pastry down for a moment, Cain reached into a pocket and produced a small communications device, one that looked not all too much different from what the average civilian would carry to receive calls from friends, family or colleagues. I'll just set this here and see if those guys tell me of anything... more interesting than watching that parade. Then again... coffee shops aren't much more interesting... now bars! Hah, talk about the entertainment, all those fights that break out! Plus, hit on a drunk guy and any swings he might throw are so poorly executed I can get out of the encounter without a broken jaw.IC:

- Ssgt. Leliel Harvenheight, ODST: Eiro Jima, Parade: Warthog, two vehicles behind Vale -

Her stomach churned uncomfortably, that being her gut's way of saying "ohhh man, I don't like the feeling of this one Leelee," but she forced down the discomfort in order to keep up that professional image. Regardless, her hand tightened on her assault rifle, the weapon primed and ready to go when taken off the safety setting, as she always felt the need to take those types of precautions. For now, she made no effort to communicate to the rest of her squadron -- they likely felt the same way she did, and with them, she never had to repeat the same thing twice. Such conveniences were a beauty of having a longstanding team, and she hoped to keep it that way -- even if it killed her. "Marine, if something bad happens... is there any type of plan?" She inquired, wondering if these marines were as on edge as she was, or at least considered the possibility of danger.

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}"Weapons free, by the rings!"Kiro's rifle sight was immediatly to his eye, his rifle firing in short bursts towards the one by the table. He aimed for the legs, hoping to incapacitate rather than kill, and ordered the other Sangheli to do the same.Bolts from the Jackal with the plasma rifle flared over his shields, and he dropped into cover. Popping back up, he fired at the jackal by the table once again. The repeater spat out plasma in a wide spread, and though Kiro was aiming for the legs, the Jackal caught a bolt to the side of the head and died before hitting the ground.It wasn't long before the other two jackals were subdued, both suffuring burns to their legs as a result of the Elite's combined fire. Kiro stood uncertainly, scanning the garage for any more attackers."Anyone Injured? Status!"

IC:Allan opened a comm. link with Leliel's squad up ahead and spoke, "Apologies if I'm interupting anything Sergeant, but does anyone know if there's a plan if anyone decides to open fire on us, or some other particularly dangerous event occurs?"

Edited by ~Wish: The Shadow~

OOC: Vak's gone for the night, but as an assistant, in the interest of keeping things moving just a bit, i'll do some minor work as far as Marines go.IC:[Parade Marine]"Ma'am? I'm not sure, honestly. Briefing never said anything about any sort of contingencies..."The marine looked down, "Ma'am, with respect, this parade is a show of power of sorts... i don't think any Innies would be dumb enough to attack what is essentially a heavily armed and armoured convoy."

IC:

Allan, hearing the parade marine speaking to Leliel over his comm. link. He then proceeded to talk to him.

"Soldier, we're not saying it's likely. We just want to know if there's a plan in the event the any Innes ARE dumb enough to open fire on us."

IC:[Parade Marine]"Hey man, like I said, briefing never said anything about anything. Sides, if they do attack us we can worry about it then. Until then we may as well all shut up and enjoy the Parade."OOC: BTW, Wish, Try not to get in the habbit of overhearing things said through other people's comms chatter, or things said to them. I'd like to think that unless you were standing next to someone, you couldn't hear what was being said to them over their comms, and that helmets and mics would be designed not to pick up too much background noise. I'll let it slide for now as it's late and stuff is slow, but... yeah. Just try and let the person you're contacting for information, give you the information.

Edited by Kini Hawkeye

IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]Running up behind Kiro and the others, having hung back to catch any retreating stragglers, B'kar observed the carnage. None of the Sangheili reported injury, and a couple of shields blooped once as they recharged to full power. The one with the plasma rifle vainly reached for it, but B'kar stepped onto the lesser being's arm, hearing a satisfying crushing noise as it broke. The Jackal screeched once more in pain, the power of the burns on his legs and his pulverized arm overwhelming. A couple of the others policed the second survivor, laying him out on a table. They bore Eayn Insurrectionist symbols.The massive Sangheili bent down, his voice sneering and spiteful. "If you value your life, you shall tell us what harm was intended here."The one on the table cackled, a sort of mad and all-knowing challenge. "Too little too late, squidface! Too little to--" Another screech filled the air as one of the Minors drove his fist home into the stomach of the table-bound Jackal. B'kar nodded approvingly, and in that moment one of the Special Operations Sangheili made their way to B'kar from the table. "The last one is certainly dead, Commander. Though the wires... they do not lead to a bomb."B'kar motioned for the two Minors holding the second one down to maintain their position, while a third kept tabs on the bleary-eyed, broken Jackal on the ground. B'kar stepped over the corpse and uncomfortable bent low to look under the table where the wires led. It was an improvised radio of some sorts and another black, box-like object both taped to the underside of the table in a crude manner. B'kar nodded forth his technician, who had results almost immediately. "Mass-EMP device, Commander. Would have affected vehicles, electronic aim components, A.I., and any established COMM links.""Odd that they have their own communication device here as well, then.."Suddenly, the radio burped to life. "A runner is imbound to assess the Checkpoint. Whatever happened there, we're out of contact with the three stationed.." Static squelched the message a moment, but soon the voice broke out over it and continued. "Let the operation commence once the lead vehicle advances another block."Suddenly, one of the Sangheili yelped in surprise as the Kig-Yar on the table broke one arm free and pressed a combination of buttons built into a small keypad on the side of his armor. His body convulsed as a flury of purple, needle-like shards erupted from the armor, some impailing himself while others launched all around the room, forcing the Sangheili to duck and cover against the bouncing shards of the death trap.IC: [???]The Kig-Yar runner stopped at the top of the fire escape, noticing the Mgalekgolo he'd bumped into earlier searching the street below. Cursing, the Kig-Yar took his chances and slid down the escape until he jumped and landed on the pavement, almost directly behind Kaldera. Not wanting to give the behemoth a chance to react, the smaller creature took off at full speed, pushing through a small crowd of onlookers that were either making their way too or from the parade, which was not far off at all. Meanwhile, up on the roofs, the group listened to the radio message that had dialed in, and calibrated weapons one last time. The parade was coming up on that final block. There were several shifts and clacks of metal guns against the roofing. Having had their targets picked, the group slowly traced them as they went down the street, biding their time...

IC: San' GaroSan ducked, the few needles that did hit him harmlessley bounced off his shielding.No less then a moment after, San stood up as his Jet packs crackled to life. "I would bet my life that there intentions of this 'operation' is not going to be of good fortune to any of us. We must move, quickly! B'kar, do we have any other rangers stationed nearby? Assuming the Jackals intend to use the only good skill they know, it sounds like they have a sniper about." San ran out to the street, before continuing; "By your word, I shall notify the Military at the Parade."OOC: Your call? :P--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}Kiro stood slowly, slamming his fist into the table. "An EMP? But why -"Kiro's eyes widened."The Parade... they're after the parade..."

IC; [Vume Chavamai]Vume growled, holding his plasma pistol tightly. This was not good. He looked to B'kar, waiting for orders. The parade was the target, but he was unsure how they could stop the emp from going off.[Colin Ferris]Colin smiled and waved, but he scanned the crowd intently. He didn't see anyone suspicious looking. Well, that wasn't true. There were plenty of suspicious looking people, but none of them looked crazy enough to attack a fully armed convoy. He looked up at the falcons overhead. They would be able to take care of any problems overhead. He gripped his rifle more tightly. This had bad written all over it.

OOC: oh dear lord are you guys RPing or writing a novelIC[Marcus - The Parade (lol, right, cuz i know where that is.)]A black eagle soared high above the heads of scattering, terrified humans, a black eagle that was plastered on a blue sky of metal. The black eagle that was, of course, the United Nation Space Command's logo and insignia, painted upon the square shoulder plate the gargantuan Brute was wearing. People in front of him dropped food and drink in panic, scattering, escorting their children away from the Jiralhanae. If I was a problem, ma'am, the fine soldiers up on the roof would've dealt with me.Despite that, he was still a little hurt.Marcus had always enjoyed a parade- probably the reason he had come here, despite being off duty. He was also tired of being alone. He enjoyed his time serving a lot more than he enjoyed his breaks- after the first two days of straight sleep, it was a lot of sitting and watching soap operas of Elites with human babies. He doubted he'd ever fit in with the humans, despite wanting to with every fiber of his enormous being.A Falcon raced overheard, disrupting his thought process. He picked his helmet out from under his arm, and pushed it up against his head, and listened in to the comm chatter for a bit. He didn't catch or understand most of it- his grasp of English wasn't much better than most Brutes, but he did make out 'EMP' a few times.Emp? Have any of my fellow soldiers developed a drug problem? Now, of all times!

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

OOC: @~JC~: At this point, I'd say writing a novel. :PSticking Ket with the mysterious group of Kig-yar on the rooftops because I can.IC: Ket | New Venice | ???Ket hadn't taken her eyes off the street even when the others of the group jeered at the humiliated male that slunk back the way he came. She wasn't a sniper per se, but she was pretty dang good with her Needle Rifle -- and when in doubt, Skirmishers would be able to escape the scene faster than others.IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | New Venice | StreetsBy the time Kaldera could have reacted to the fact someone landed behind him, the Jackal was long gone and Zarana was still moving forward. He felt that it was foolhardy to try and find the group without even their shields. They might be bigger than Kig-yar, but they were smaller and faster, and many bonded pairs had died in the War because they dismissed the threat of more agile opponents."Zarana," he said, almost meekly, "should we not we get our weapons before we look for them?""By the time we return to our lodgings, they could be long gone."Kaldera accepted the dominant Hunter's logic and they continued on. Inwardly, though, he was thinking that they might be walking into a trap.-Inferna

OOC: Zarwin/JackJust so ye know, the EMP's under the table.Disabled.Cause we kinda can do that.And such.Also JC, there's not actually been any word gone out as far as the EMP goes. Just so you know =)

IC:

- Ssgt. Leliel Harvenheight: Eiro Jima: Parade -

"Not having any kind of plan seems a little stupid," Leliel remarked quietly, her tone that of ice. "Especially considering these... surges of Eayn activity in other cities. For all anyone here may know, there could be some trap set up at some point along here... something hard to spy, as it'd be hard for tanks, falcons, pelicans, warthogs to fire upon what cannot be seen. Plus... the civilians, we can't fire upon them, and with that limitation in place, I'd say that there's a possibility of something happening. Perhaps it's small, but the safety of the civilians, city and the safety of our own shouldn't fall behind moronic arrogance," she finished, her tone not changing all throughout. The situation the soldier next to her painted put her on edge, more so than before, because to her it just seemed a recipe for disaster. Plus, Insurrectionists had humans and sangheili in their numbers, who's to say that not a one of the UNSC personnel currently deployed was a double-agent? Feeding information the Insurrectionist movement, telling them all the weakpoints, all the plans -- or lack thereof -- along with the readiness of the UNSC soldiers, marines, ODST's and even Spartans -- to Leliel, it was all very possible, and to her it made a bit more sense for such a group to strike if those conditions were met. After all, they could eliminate a commander, a beloved figure that inspires morale to the soldiers and civilians of New Venice, hardened warriors who held fearsome reputations -- yet another way to strike at the hearts and minds of those present. Any explosion, any gunfire, any sign of danger would cause chaos. Civilians would be running every which way, screaming, shouting, trying to find their loved ones and their families. Would it not be likely that Insurrectionists could use such behavior as a shield? To hide themselves and even protect themselves, if something were to go awry? There were too many variables and factors that ought to be considered -- this isn't true peacetime, where all cities are safe and no violent history is known to exist between the enemy and settlements. In fact, Leliel would argue, it's quite the opposite and more proper security measures ought to be taken. Unless, of course, the UNSC had given into the fatal position of underestimating enemies and becoming lax and lazy -- one would think that the Human - Covenant War would have nailed the lesson into the leaders of the UNSC, or at the very least, base commanders and security personnel. Since Allan chose to directly speak to the soldier, Leliel ignored him for the time being. She often just ignored messages that were already dealt with, or had no reason to be replied to. Maybe I'm being a little paranoid... but then again, paranoia has saved my life more often than ending it. Best be prepared for the worst and be ready even if there's no struggle, than to be faced with the worst and not be prepared.