...I am their saviour...

For dark eternities I have waited in this dark chamber. I waited for the sign that heralded the arrival of the demons I was meant to slay. I have waited, my skills wasted in such a confinement. Yet I wait, for it is the will of my creators that I do so until it is time.

Then, it was time.

The chamber shook, a tremor that originated in the bowels of the planet. Metal upon metal, rock grinding against rock. And then I felt it. The sign. The sense of the energy that my creators told me I must destroy. The walls of my chamber, so solid when I am at rest, now fall like paper before the might of my full abilities. I hurl discs of light, bright flashes against the wall until I can tear it with my bare hands.

Freedom.

I search for the nearest source of the energy. After many days of travelling over the bright sand, I find it. A demon. Deep blue and orange, it stares up at me in confusion, before speaking its broken language from a hidden mouth. I attack, grabbing a shoulder and hip and tearing it apart like a child's toy.

The energy is silenced.

Yet, off in the distance, I sense more. Many more. They have arrived on the planet as my creators feared they would. My purpose is to stop them. Destroy them at all costs before they can hurt the inhabitants of this world.

I toss the remains down, grinding the demon's masked face into the dirt while taking its primitive weapons from its metallic fingers. Protodermis. The word appears in my mind as I study the tools, further confirmation that the demons have arrived. A little extra pressure cracks the mask in two, leaving one half dangling morosely from the demon's face.

Marendar. I am their saviour. Marendar.

OK, I have a MoC that really is huge. I struggled to come up with a name and storyline for it, but after seeing that it's twice as tall as the largest Toa I own, I've decided to make it the Toa-killer Marendar. The Moc is roughly 49cm (20inches) tall, with a wingspan of roughly 80cm (32in). So, needless to say, it was difficult to get it all in a single photo. Images:

Front With Dead Toa
Front With Wings Folded
Side
Back - Wings Furled
Back - Wings Spread
Head Detail
Arm Detail (Yes, that is a rhotuka)
Wing Detail
Leg Detail (The sword is a sword strapped to his leg. He has two.)
Torso Detail
Size Comparison (Yes, he is holding the Matoran. No connectors or other tricks.)
Action Pose!

This version of Marendar has great strength, equal to a Toa using a Pakari (but less than a Pakari Nuva). Despite the wings, he cannot fly, the wings only able to slow his fall. They mainly operate as counterbalances, allowing him to manoeuver deceptively quickly. He can also snap them out or flap them strongly enough to knock over smaller beings. He can create and throw white-hot discs of energy, which can slice cleanly through most forms of protodermis. Finally, his thick armored skin makes him near-invulnerable to elemental assault. He may be able to use Kanohi, although he is too large to wear them.

PEACH! Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well, I personally imagined Marendar a lot different, like a giant Devastator (movie version) looking monstrosity that was a cyclops. Don't know why, that's just what's in my head.

Anyway, onto the MOC!!

I am a huge fan of the body. Honestly, it's awesome and I think you did an amazing job with it. Same with the wings, I really like how you used the Vahki Staves, but I do think that maybe 08 Makuta wings would work better, have you tried those out?

Now, I like your arms but I do think they're far too short making him look a little off. Maybe if you slightly alter the Axonn design of the hands so that the fingers are mademof Bohrok limbs could help aleviate the problem.

I also think the legs could use more bluking, they're looking a little skinn and weak just balancing on that Inika leg piece

Finally, while I enjoy the head design, I don't think it fits on this MOC, idk why but thats just the feeling I get. The neck is too long, maybe shorten it to give it better proportions and make the head seem more natural?

Also, what does the chain on his head represent?

Idk that's it from me. While I don't see this as Marendar in my head, simply of how I inagined him, I have to congradulate you on a neat giant MOC. :)

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

The chains are supposed to be a 'warrior ponytail' type-thing.

I agree with the neck criticism. I noted it while taking photos, but decided to see what people said.

I don't have enough Bohrok limbs to remake his hands. That's a good idea, though.

I don't see how I can bulk-up the legs... Might have to buy a few pieces...

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I visualized it as being more mechanical. Here's the version I did awhile back: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7162

I saw that a while back, but the GB haven't have a record of making robots when they could make biomechanical beings instead. Any thoughts on the MoC itself?

WOW that thing is unbelievable, absolutely beast MOC, great job, just overall, all the different parts used,

I love the use of pieces that normally wouldnt be used that way, such as the Rhotuka, the use of the Kanohi Ruru's on the arms, the head is great with the Visorak body on it, just everything about it is great, I see inspiration for the wings from Nivawk?

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Hey, somebody spotted it. Nivawk was the amongst the first titan sets I ever got, but I never liked the way the wings were built: the vahki staves were on upside down and they folded the wrong way. So, remaking them, I found this design instead. Thank you for your compliments!