Nuva Stones?

Just a random thought, but theoretically, should the Toa Nuva ever give up their power to become Turaga Nuva, would they produce Toa Nuva Stones rather than regular Toa Stones? Is Toa Nuva Energy different from Toa Energy, or do Toa Nuva just have enhanced elemental abilities?

If so, could a Matoran becoming a Toa using a "Nuva Stone" become a Toa Nuva, as it would be charged with Toa Nuva energy?

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

Good question... I see two other main possibilities:

1) That they simply have more Toa Energy and other "build" traits like mental ability to use Nuva masks.

2) That (perhaps in addition to the above), there is another energy (let's call it "Nuva energy" for convenience) that acts like another ingredient with Toa Energy, rather than having a different type of TE.

:shrugs:

I would lean toward one of these, though, and either a different mental build or a different ingredient energy would then make sense to be part of Nuva masks too. A different Toa Energy probably doesn't explain the masks since that's about elemental powers, not mask powers, so Ockham's Razor principle would say the same thing probably explains mask sharing as what explains the heightened Nuva elemental power. Could be wrong though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

This is something that would actually be worth asking GregF. Personally, I reckon that the Nuva would become "turaga nuva". They'd keep their Nuva-granted abilities while losing their Toa energy.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

This is something that would actually be worth asking GregF. Personally, I reckon that the Nuva would become "turaga nuva". They'd keep their Nuva-granted abilities while losing their Toa energy.

We already know that -- it's been confirmed a thousand times over that they would become Turaga Nuva. (Similarly, the Toa Mahri would become the Turaga Mahri and remain amphibious.) The OP's actual question is far more interesting to me, especially because I don't really have an answer. Simply based on my gut reaction, I'd say no; I think the Turaga Nuva would keep the entirety of their Nuva abilities, and any Toa they created would just be regular Toa.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

We already know that -- it's been confirmed a thousand times over that they would become Turaga Nuva. (Similarly, the Toa Mahri would become the Turaga Mahri and remain amphibious.) The OP's actual question is far more interesting to me, especially because I don't really have an answer. Simply based on my gut reaction, I'd say no; I think the Turaga Nuva would keep the entirety of their Nuva abilities, and any Toa they created would just be regular Toa.

That's what I said. They'd lose their Toa energy, which would be passed non as normal. Everything else would stay. Including Noble Kanohi Nuva, which is a thought...

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well, I did a bit of reading, and there isn't a single place that mentions that the Nuva have any special or extra Toa Energy, though it says they have extra elemental energy. Still, it seems to me that there has to be a difference. If there's any correlation between Toa Energy and Kanohi level, Elemental Energy, or Elemental Control, then the Nuva would have more. I guess they could just be Toa with enhanced abilities though. I guess this is why I'm asking this here. :D

The Toa Nuva have an increased amount of elemental powers compared to other Toa. They also have greater control over them, such as using them for delayed attacks. All of this is stated on BS01. Even though it doesn't really say that they have greater Toa Energy, we could assume that they do. But even then it is still just Toa Energy. So I would think that if one or more of them did give up their powers to create more Toa, they would simply be regular Toa. It would be like the Toa Mahri giving up their Toa Energy to create new Toa. The new Toa wouldn't be able to breate water because the Mahri gave up their powers to transform them. Being Nuva or amphibious wouldn't affect the Toa Energy IMO, so I would think that it wouldn't those transformed by it.

As for Kanohi Nuva Masks, I have no idea if a Toa created from Toa Nuva energy would be able to use them, but my opinion on that leans towards no.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Even though it doesn't really say that they have greater Toa Energy, we could assume that they do.

I wouldn't go that far. It does seem to make the most sense, but I think some other issues that have been discussed and not really resolved crystal clearly with Greg would need pinned down. For example, when Lhikan put some of his Toa Energy into the Toa Stones, did it stop being relevant to his power usage from then on? Was there some kind of remote access to it? If he could be made to have less (or have access to less) Toa Energy, would his elemental powers be weaker?

If there's no remote access (though that's been theorized), then maybe the amount of TE you have at the moment doesn't matter to how powerful your elemental powers are. Maybe that only matter when you're transformed into a Toa. (I have no idea, though. Just bringing it up for discussion's sake. :P) Because it didn't seem like Toa Lhikan got any weaker, so far as the story showed or we were told, after that point. Of course, he also probably only put a small amount in... but we don't really know details (a recent Greg answer seemed to cast confusion on these points... so yeah... point is, not sure it's wise to be making assumptions like that).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting idea.  I can't help but wonder if the Nuva Symbols might factor into this--the Turaga Nuva might not need their connection to the Symbols any more, so maybe the new Toa Nuva made by their Toa Nuva Stone will inherit the link?

Not sure how the ability to use Nuva masks would transfer, but eh, it doesn't all have to make perfect sense. :P

Even though it doesn't really say that they have greater Toa Energy, we could assume that they do.

I wouldn't go that far. It does seem to make the most sense, but I think some other issues that have been discussed and not really resolved crystal clearly with Greg would need pinned down. For example, when Lhikan put some of his Toa Energy into the Toa Stones, did it stop being relevant to his power usage from then on? Was there some kind of remote access to it? If he could be made to have less (or have access to less) Toa Energy, would his elemental powers be weaker?

If there's no remote access (though that's been theorized), then maybe the amount of TE you have at the moment doesn't matter to how powerful your elemental powers are. Maybe that only matter when you're transformed into a Toa. (I have no idea, though. Just bringing it up for discussion's sake. :P) Because it didn't seem like Toa Lhikan got any weaker, so far as the story showed or we were told, after that point. Of course, he also probably only put a small amount in... but we don't really know details (a recent Greg answer seemed to cast confusion on these points... so yeah... point is, not sure it's wise to be making assumptions like that).

I don't think the Toa stones made by the Nuva would be any different than any other Toa stone. For me, the only way those new Toa could become Nuva would be if the happen to fall in a vat of energized protodermis the very moment they are transformed XD.

Also, regarding the correlation between elemental power and Toa power: It would seem it has an impact, because Tuyet managed to become a very powerful Toa by stealing Toa energy via the Nui stone. However, from what I've read on BS01, the Nui stone does not steal energy from destined Matoran. Not sure if the Nui stones would rob energy from existing Toa stones, though.