BIONICLE Website Updated

tn_10_09_14-bionicle-website-updated.png

The BIONICLE website has been updated, now sporting an awesome promotional shot with some of the characters and the villains and yes, those characters are indeed our beloved Tahu, Gali, Kopaka, Pohatu, Onua and Lewa. There are short bios for all of them, too. Check it out and stay tuned to @BZP_Tweets to follow live coverage of the NYCC event - for example it's just been confirmed that BIONICLE 2015 is a reboot. More information incoming!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

A reboot?! Nooo!!!! :( So much for my hopes in the continuation of the Bionicle storyline we have come to loved. Guess it will forever be stuck at a standstill now. :'(

EDIT Reaction: Onya? It sounds okay but I thought Onua sounded very fitting (no I'm not throwing my nostalgia at this :D) Ooo, I wonder who the black mask being in the background is.... (Teridax/Makuta, is that you?)

2nd EDIT: Oh Onya was just a typo! :D Yay Onua returns! (You can stop creating your RIP Onua 2000 - 2014 pics now)

Edited by Zaktansnake

pokebannerforzaktansnake.png
Credit goes to Bundalings for the Signature!

I'm personally excited that it's a reboot. I'll miss the old story, but Greg seems like he's moved on according to recent interviews. Is anyone else worried when it said Kopaka is clumsy though?

• Upvote 2
niner.png
Credit to Hi I'm Electon for the Banner and Cherixon and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the Avatar
What would you like to see in Bionicle: Next Generation The Game
I used to be Alt Teridax

Four years...it's been four years since BIONICLE was cancelled. And after months of teasing, we get our first glimpse of this new line. I couldn't be more excited for this. BIONICLE was a huge part of my childhood and teenage years. I'm so glad that they're bringing it back!

As for it being a reboot, I'm completely okay with that. The original series had a lot of backstory, and I'm much more interested in seeing where this new story goes, rather than making sure it lines up with all the minutiae of the previous series. I can't wait to see more.

Edited by Repicheep - Toa of Irony

I like that they've made some changes to the Toa Mata's personallities. I will have to get used to Kopaka being clumsy and not having a good sense of direction. Those aren't bad traits. I'm just used to the Kopaka of old. :)

And I can't wait to see what they with Gali's inability to tell a joke right. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm so pleased with what I'm seeing so far. I'm glad its a reboot as new fans can join instantly instead of backlogging on storyline.

The map of Okoto looks okay, nothing exciting. The sets look great though. They all seem to have gears!

Looks like we're getting books if the Twitter page is anything to go by. :D

I like that they've made some changes to the Toa Mata's personallities. I will have to get used to Kopaka being clumsy and not having a good sense of direction. Those aren't bad traits. I'm just used to the Kopaka of old. :)

And I can't wait to see what they with Gali's inability to tell a joke right. :P

I'm imagining something like Omi from Xiaolin Showdown, where she messes up the punchlines? :)

Edited by Gathered Friends

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

I'm so pleased with what I'm seeing so far. I'm glad its a reboot as new fans can join instantly instead of backlogging on storyline.

The map of Okoto looks okay, nothing exciting. The sets look great though. They all seem to have gears!

Map of Okoto? Where is that?  

So happy about the gears BTW!

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

Just confirmed that Greg was a consultant in early development, but he will not be writing the upcoming books. Instead an all new story team will write said novels.

niner.png
Credit to Hi I'm Electon for the Banner and Cherixon and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the Avatar
What would you like to see in Bionicle: Next Generation The Game
I used to be Alt Teridax

Funny how they never mention mask powers.

The facebook post says "It is their destiny to find their masks of power..." Maybe they don't start with having natural mask powers but find their powered masks instead? Just a thought. If they start with powered masks it's strange that they aren't mentioned in the bios. Unless the mask powers are tied to their elemental powers (Onua's night vision, Kopaka's cold resistance).

BZPRPG

Map of Okoto? Where is that?  

So happy about the gears BTW!

It's somewhere on the BZP Twitter account :)

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Funny that I seen the leaked Toa sets from another toy site and now, the picture is bigger and clearer. I don't know if anyone mentioned this but if you look Pohatu and Kopaka, they're carrying a part of Guurahk's staff made back in 2003. LEGO are bringing back from parts from the past! :o

Edited by Kamen Rider Metus
  • Upvote 1

Good:

1. It's a reboot

2. Element-based settings

3. Beautiful visuals

4. Compelling story premise

5. The beloved Toa Mata!

Bad:

1. Sets are ugly

2. Weapons instead of tools

3. Still has a hint of that Hero Factory feel

All in all, quite promising. I don't like the sets, but at least it looks like there's going to be an interesting story to follow.

• Upvote 1

Good:

1. It's a reboot

3. Beautiful visuals

5. The beloved Toa Mata!

Bad:

1. Sets are ugly

All in all, quite promising. I don't like the sets, but at least it looks like there's going to be an interesting story to follow.

I love the sets and I don't mind them using HF parts at all because I love the aesthetic they seem to be going for the whole theme, as can be seen in the animations. It's very different from the original BIONICLE but I like it nonetheless.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I don't mind the Toa getting new personality quirks, but Onua's has me worried. Hopefully they do not go overboard with the sleeping trait like they did with the Bears in Chima. In fact, I hope they do not go overboard with any of these quirks.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Good:

1. It's a reboot

3. Beautiful visuals

5. The beloved Toa Mata!

Bad:

1. Sets are ugly

I love the sets and I don't mind them using HF parts at all because I love the aesthetic they seem to be going for the whole theme, as can be seen in the animations. It's very different from the original BIONICLE but I like it nonetheless.

-Gata signoff.png

It's a matter of opinion, of course. I have to admit that there are some good things about the sets too. Pohatu looks very nice, as does Kopaka. Those chest plate figures are too much for me, though.

• Upvote 1

I don't mind the Toa getting new personality quirks, but Onua's has me worried. Hopefully they do not go overboard with the sleeping trait like they did with the Bears in Chima. In fact, I hope they do not go overboard with any of these quirks.

I'll agree with you about that, the bears in Chima are quite annoying.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Yeah, plus I'm frankly a bit irked at Kopaka becoming a clutz; that would be Lewa if anyone. Also not too keen on Onua being the meditative type instead of Gali.

Credit to Dimensioneer (2), Binkmeister (1), & Ninjo (1) for the proto boosts

So good.  I'm loving the set designs in general.  New personalities... Eh.  It just seems like some of the details make the story seem so much less epic than it used to seem.  Not that old Bionicle didn't have great personalities and quirks, but every new storyline deviation from old Bionicle will make me cringe a bit.  And I know that's just me and not necessarily a bad sign, but still.

• Upvote 1

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I'm thankful this is a reboot. Though I cannot help but hope for more sets to come, Matoran, Titans, and possibly Turaga. The sets are odd, though.  

Overall, it seems like nice, clean slate for a new generation to jump into. Taking old characters and giving them new life, it will probably irk some, but I think it's simply another part of the revival, for good or ill. I guess we'll just have to see how it all turns out.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I wanna buy all of them. All of them twice! 

:wired:

Keeping one of each in-box for resale value I hope?

Yes, that way I can spread the love and get more money to buy more and do it again! 

But really, if I was a kid right now, these sets would make me even more excited! I love how you can you use the weapons in two different ways and really be flexible with the models themselves! Leaves so much more room for more imagination! It's so magnificent! I have to critiques except for the typo! XD

3 cheers for Onya!

In all seriousness though, I'm really excited. All of the Toa look really cool.

It took 15 years...but Onua finally gets a hammer as his weapon.

Has there every been a Toa that got a hammer as their weapon that was released in set form? Because I don't think so... meaning it didn't just take Onua fifteen years, but Bionicle in general. :P

• Upvote 1

Facebook page now has a trailer explaining the backstory. It's a new spin on the classic Mata-Nui legend.

I'll always be interested in the story, but I REALLY don't like the new set designs and I'm not too big a fan on the characterization changes.

A long time ago, on the mythical island of Okoto, all lived in harmony. It was a place of wonders and beautiful landscapes.

From the island's elemental forces, two brothers known as the Mask Makers created masks of power. Each brother had a special mask.

Makuta owned the Mask of Control.

And Ekimu, the Mask of Creation.

The brothers provided the islanders with many masks, but Ekimu's were the most treasured. His brother became envious and forged an evil plan...

It was a sacred law that a mask could not contain the power of more than one element. Otherwise, it would become too strong and dangerous. But Makuta wanted to create the strongest mask of all time: the Mask of Ultimate Power!

When Makuta put it on, it took control over him and the island began to shake and crumble. Realizing what his brother had done, Ekimu managed to knock the mask from Makuta's face. A shockwave rolled across the land and sent both brothers into and endless sleep. The masks were scattered all over the island, waiting for a time when someone would come looking for them...

Edited by PokamuTheChexGuy

qs11848.jpg
^Nostalgia Trip. I was 8 years old.^
[insert 1.2mb GIF here]

From what I've seen of the sets, I am loving them. They are easily identifiable as new incarnations of previous characters, which was a problem that Bionicle use to have. Gear functions are back, which I am sure a lot of BZPers will love. The only problem I have with any of the sets is that Gali's mask has way too big of a chin.

As far as the story goes, I am glad that Makuta is back, but I am disappointed that Bionicle is not getting a proper TV series.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Woo these look really cool. I'm excited to finally come back to Bionicle! Some of the quirks seem a little iffy to me and could easily be overplayed (i.e. Kopaka's clumsiness and Onua's sleepiness). I really don't like the decals on the chest plates and Gali's new mask really bugs me. But overall these sets look pretty great and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Formerly: Cheesemaster

BIONICLE IS BACK!

2015 Checklist(oh man that feels good to write): Toa 0/6

I'll agree with you about that, the bears in Chima are quite annoying.

-Gata signoff.png

TOTALLY! I understand them wanting to have some character traits, but I hope they don't go too strong with the comic relief these will provide. I mean, its gonna be all

"Kopaka run and push the button that will save our lives" *Kopaka Runs* "No, other way!" 

If this turns out to be a quote in the future I'm going to fist bump myself. 

On a side note, look at the clouds on the left at 0:51. Don't they look like the mask of time? 

On another side note, they better have some awesome online games or I am going to be SERIOUSLY disappointed. 

And since Makuta is back, I guess I lost a bet, and now owe someone a new set.... >:(  :burnmad:  :censored:

• Upvote 1
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here