BIONICLE Website Updated

It took 15 years...but Onua finally gets a hammer as his weapon.

Has there every been a Toa that got a hammer as their weapon that was released in set form? Because I don't think so... meaning it didn't just take Onua fifteen years, but Bionicle in general. :P

You make a good point. I don't think any Toa ever got a hammer. A few clubs, lots of axes...no hammer.

Edited by T-Hybrid

It's still not defiitely absolutely a reboot, but at least there is some actual evidence now.

The way their bios are written, the Toa seem not to have broad elemental powers so much as they have specific and limited element-based superpowers.

No mention of their mask powers?

It's still not defiitely absolutely a reboot, but at least there is some actual evidence now.

Actually, it is. I'm sure it was confirmed at the panel and the backstory video on the Facebook page is the final indicator.

Also, does anyone remember those Chinese knockoff sets from that company, "Blocko," from about...I dunno, 8 or so years ago? It really irks me that the new Gali bears a small resemblance to the "Nokama" knockoff:

sea-star001.jpg

EDIT:

On a side note, look at the clouds on the left at 0:51. Don't they look like the mask of time?

You're right!

(Ekimu on the left, Makuta on the right for those who don't know)

2a8f22afd8.png

That's most definitely a Vahi. Now, does it have any significance or is it just an easter egg?

Edited by PokamuTheChexGuy

qs11848.jpg
^Nostalgia Trip. I was 8 years old.^
[insert 1.2mb GIF here]

Really neat! The characters seem mostly the same.

Edited by Toa Green Ninja

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

So are we gonna conveniently scoot over that there's currently 39,000,000 results when you Google "women can't tell jokes" and Gali, the lone female on the team, is the character that reinforces the stereotype?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

So are we gonna conveniently scoot over that there's currently 39,000,000 results when you Google "women can't tell jokes" and Gali, the lone female on the team, is the character that reinforces the stereotype?

-Tyler

I think they've copied that trait from Eris from Chima, haven't they? Hopefully Gali will be less annoying, though.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

After reading the descriptions and looking at how these 'Masters' look like Hero-Factory guys on steroids and have ridiculously uninspired designs, I am ready to say that I am disgusted at the reboot. I haven't been this sad and frustrated in a long time.

After reading the descriptions and looking at how these 'Masters' look like Hero-Factory guys on steroids and have ridiculously uninspired designs, I am ready to say that I am disgusted at the reboot. I haven't been this sad and frustrated in a long 

Actually, my brother was just expressing his disapproval of the hero factory type build a little while ago. At least they have gears right?  :notsure:

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

After reading the descriptions and looking at how these 'Masters' look like Hero-Factory guys on steroids and have ridiculously uninspired designs, I am ready to say that I am disgusted at the reboot. I haven't been this sad and frustrated in a long time.

I wonder what LEGO would have needed to do for you not to think of them as "uninspired", whatever you actually mean with that.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

After reading the descriptions and looking at how these 'Masters' look like Hero-Factory guys on steroids and have ridiculously uninspired designs, I am ready to say that I am disgusted at the reboot. I haven't been this sad and frustrated in a long 

Actually, my brother was just expressing his disapproval of the hero factory type build a little while ago. At least they have gears right?  :notsure:

I also picked up on the gears on their backs, but given that they have sockets joints, I don't see a purpose for it. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't assembled a set yet :P

I wonder what LEGO would have needed to do for you not to think of them as "uninspired", whatever you actually mean with that.

-Gata signoff.png

New franchise; newt characters; new setting; new villain, new building system... think of how unnecessary the Total Recall & Robocop reboots were. These were still somewhat good (I'm not helping my case right now), but they were unnecessary given that the originals were so much better. 

Edited by DLVasco

That promo shot is awesome. Would love to use that as my desktop background.

Spiders look aight. The real deal here is on the heroes though.

I do really love their designs. I am glad that all of them have their personalities intact but have something added that I feel will make them very fun to watch or read about in future story material (Kopaka's lack of direction, Gali being bad at jokes, and Onua snoring all the time). I think in the end it will make their conversations and interactions more dynamic.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

That promo shot is awesome. Would love to use that as my desktop background.

Spiders look aight. The real deal here is on the heroes though.

I do really love their designs. I am glad that all of them have their personalities intact but have something added that I feel will make them very fun to watch or read about in future story material (Kopaka's lack of direction, Gali being bad at jokes, and Onua snoring all the time). I think in the end it will make their conversations and interactions more dynamic.

-NotS

Have you seen Pohuta's? Where is that good old friendly nice guy? Now he's just a strong leader type with a strange fear of dark places. 

Plus all these weird quirks in their personalities feel odd and unnecessary, only one that seems to be the same personality wise is Lewa. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Have you seen Pohuta's? Where is that good old friendly nice guy? Now he's just a strong leader type with a strange fear of dark places. 

Plus all these weird quirks in their personalities feel odd and unnecessary, only one that seems to be the same personality wise is Lewa. 

Yeah, I guess Pohatu's a little bit different. He could still good be a nice guy though, just very tough. I do like his fear of the dark quirk though, I think it will lead to a good friendship with Onua, which is natural. 

I think the quirks will make the characters more relatable, in a sense. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I don't know, Kopaka being clumsy and not having a sense of direction just seems so...not Kopaka. 

Then again maybe I'm just too nostalgic about all this. 

Well, what I like is that while the original Toa did argue but eventually worked better as a team, these iterations of the Toa really specify their weaknesses, which gives them a complimentary partner. So that should be really nice to see unfold in the narrative.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Onua is back and more top heavy than ever. Soo read up on everyones bios and gail is still a girl, Lewa still has control over air. and if you go to onuas page and read the tab labeling it is spelled ONYA.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

-Tyler

THIS.

This irks me. Quite a bit.

Everything else seems kinda cool though. Onua's design is a bit too exagerated in my opinion, to the point where he looks ridiculous, but the rest of the team looks awesome.  Although I'm not a fan of the printed chest plates. Molded detail > printed detail. At least in Bionicle sets anyway.

Edited by Gagali

I would've liked a few more new molds and less of the characterization changes from classic Mata, but all in all I'm pretty fine with this.  Certainly moreso than I was with 2010.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The only thing I am not a fan of are these ham-fisted personality quirks. It's Lego, so I can "tone down" the construction of the Toa sets to make them look a little more to my personal liking, but I'd be basically creating my own head-canon with reference to their personalities. I get a whole "Saturday morning kid's cartoon" vibe from what the website is presenting. Maybe these are "prototype" personalities, much like how the original Toa had references to their differing ages and being "incarnations of elemental spirits" back on the original BIONICLE.com (us old fogies will recall those were quickly scrapped).

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

Yeah, the quirks irk.

It took 15 years...but Onua finally gets a hammer as his weapon.

Has there every been a Toa that got a hammer as their weapon that was released in set form? Because I don't think so... meaning it didn't just take Onua fifteen years, but Bionicle in general. :P

I'm getting that warhammer. I have a fine taste in those things, and hopefully it will be up to my standards. :P

EDIT:

On a side note, look at the clouds on the left at 0:51. Don't they look like the mask of time?

You're right!

(Ekimu on the left, Makuta on the right for those who don't know)

2a8f22afd8.png

That's most definitely a Vahi. Now, does it have any significance or is it just an easter egg?

Er, that looks like a dog bone to me. (I haven't seen you in ages! :) Welcome back!)

And they want us to think it's a reboot. Meaning they want the kids to think that it is. 

I don't know, Kopaka being clumsy and not having a sense of direction just seems so...not Kopaka. 

Shouldn't Kopaka be the one with the best agility and sense of direction? He skates on Mount Ihu in those disorienting drifts. 

Shouldn't Kopaka be the one with the best agility and sense of direction? He skates on Mount Ihu in those disorienting drifts.

Exactly! Give it to Lewa, or even Pohatu, but Kopaka can't be clumsy! That's the most ridiculous quirk of them all.

• Upvote 3

Man, the Bionicle website is evolving! Hooray!

The Toa Mata are back! Yes, our home-boys and -girl!:) I am impressed that they kept most of their personalities, but they got some new traits, which might give me either a Hero Factory feel or a China one.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

It's been a long, long time. Hau have you been? 

Dual references aside, heck yes! This excites me as not much has recently. The additions to the Toas' personalities are kinda neat. They've also finally unified Air and the Green, it appears. I like the fact that the bad guy is just named "Makuta", just like 2001. Notice: Okoto is shaped Mata Nui-like. Mask of Control looks Kraahkan-like. Also, is it coincidence or something else that Ekimu and Makuta have many similar letters and sound similar? Is it more than the simple statement that they are brothers? Who knows? 

On someone's subject of mask powers, it states that Onua has night vision. Mask powers confirmation? Hopefully.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Somebody make a continuity crossover with the old and new Toa meeting!

See, one of the old comics during the Rahkshi era implied that one of Kopaka's greatest fears was to be incompetent and have people laugh at him. So, new Kopaka being clumsy and adorable is literally old Kopaka's worst nightmare come true.

Imagine New!Kopaka trying to prove himself as a hero and worthy successor to Old!Kopaka, who is fuming with silent embarrassment and trying to figure out the most dignified way to run away and never be found.

Meanwhile, the Onuas are engaged in a deep but slow philosophical debate, punctuated by long periods of silence and frequent nap breaks.

And then Lewa is delighted that the great beings have opted not to "mess with perfection", and that his new self is every bit as awesome as he always was. The two immediately run off to save the jungle together. Ten minutes later, one's wearing a Krana, the other's infected, and they're busy trying to kill each other.
  • Upvote 9

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I would assume it's just an easter egg for now, although there is apparently a Temple of Time on the island somewhere.

Link in BIONICLE 2015 confirmed!

Ocarina confirmed!

Song of Time confirmed!

The Toa Mata are actually dead in BIONICLE 2015.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Somebody make a continuity crossover with the old and new Toa meeting!

See, one of the old comics during the Rahkshi era implied that one of Kopaka's greatest fears was to be incompetent and have people laugh at him. So, new Kopaka being clumsy and adorable is literally old Kopaka's worst nightmare come true.

Imagine New!Kopaka trying to prove himself as a hero and worthy successor to Old!Kopaka, who is fuming with silent embarrassment and trying to figure out the most dignified way to run away and never be found.

Meanwhile, the Onuas are engaged in a deep but slow philosophical debate, punctuated by long periods of silence and frequent nap breaks.

And then Lewa is delighted that the great beings have opted not to "mess with perfection", and that his new self is every bit as awesome as he always was. The two immediately run off to save the jungle together. Ten minutes later, one's wearing a Krana, the other's infected, and they're busy trying to kill each other.

Oh sure, because I didn't like the way they had been described in the bios enough already. You just sold the rebooted Toa even more to me.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png